UPSB v4

Fundamental Tricks / Charge Reverse

1. JC
    Date: Tue, Jun 8 2010 09:03:29

[B]Charge Reverse[/B] This trick is similar to Charge Normal in that it moves in a circular motion between two fingers, but the rotation that it goes in is the opposite from Charge Normal. Instead of pulling in the bottom finger that is holding the pen, and returning it to the original position... Charge Reverse is performed by pushing the top finger out first, and then returning it to the original position. Like Charge Normal, this may also be done continuously. Video Tutorial by shoeman6 Video Tutorial by Pari UPSB Wiki entry

2. Hyukan
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 03:40:06

This is a bit hard, can anyone help me do this without moving my whole hand or is it just practice makes perfect kinda thing?

3. Kirby
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 03:58:35

practice palm down and move your hand in a circle. Gradually do it more with your fingers. But learn it palm down it helped me a lot

4. Jamal
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 04:05:34

eww no dont practice palm down with a lot of hand movement, practice palm sideways. move only your index finger out, while you move your hand outwards Also, you can try to start at the top of the pen and give your hand a flick outwards to get the one reverse charge motion and try to get the hang of it from there

5. KTrinh93
    Date: Tue, Jul 13 2010 16:48:24

personally I learned charge reverse by doing other tricks like sonic rev (i found that easier to do) and twisted sonic rev.. while both these tricks only do a charge rev 0.5 before they move finger slots, if you can perfect this motion, doing continuous charge rev isn't that difficult. i know this might not make sense but doing the 0.5 charge rev is a lot easier in those tricks since its not continuous

6. Made4You
    Date: Thu, Aug 5 2010 13:34:26

the biggest tip is ONLY move your index in 1-2 slot back and fourth, keep a relaxed hadn and youll get the timing eventually, when your index is all the way behind your middle the pen will be at its highest, this i when you move the index towards your palm the pen will go to its lowest and repeat, ya know its easy :3

7. friedchicken
    Date: Thu, Oct 14 2010 07:48:40

skills like twisted sonic needed charge right? so can i do those tricks if i use charge reverse?

8. Rooftoilet
    Date: Thu, Oct 14 2010 20:08:52

@friedchicken use regular charge for the regular version of tricks such as sonic and twisted sonic use reverse charge for the reverse version of tricks such as reverse sonic and reverse twisted sonic btw nice sn

9. Knightpal
    Date: Wed, Nov 3 2010 16:36:31

Some people learned this before they earned Charge normal. I would've done the same if I knew it was gonna be this difficult to learn now. haha.

10. kai156
    Date: Thu, Nov 4 2010 00:20:10

Hyukan wrote: This is a bit hard, can anyone help me do this without moving my whole hand or is it just practice makes perfect kinda thing?
    yea. its sorta lik u nida practice in order to get it right, i got it in 4days.

11. Hidekyo
    Date: Thu, Nov 4 2010 20:41:25

the charge REV is pretty hard beacuz since you already know the motion from the regular charge its a bit awkard for my hand but never the less I still can do it but in a bit of an awkard motion not as good as the regular sonic i can do.

12. Hello
    Date: Tue, Nov 16 2010 05:35:28

What I do when I learned the Charge Reverse was to move my index finger up and down behind middle finger... and then just let it relax and stuff and just keep going on with the trick. Or just practice a lot I got addicted to it practicing in school.

13. oljibe
    Date: Mon, Dec 13 2010 10:26:56

lol, so hard >_>, but at least i can do a single charge rev about 25% of the times, practice makes perfect xD

14. Soren
    Date: Mon, Dec 13 2010 18:33:11

pretty simple trick; however, i can only preform it with 1-2, although i have never practiced with other finger slots

15. Snlag
    Date: Wed, Jan 5 2011 01:23:39

I can never get the rev charge started, if by some chance i get it started i always finish without another flaw any ideas?

16. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Jan 5 2011 19:28:19

Use your thumb to apply a little bit of pressure (fold the tip down under your thumb) :]! Should help a bit.

17. Snlag
    Date: Wed, Jan 5 2011 21:42:43

ZOMG... you are epic... i was sitting for 30 min never getting it started =D ty

18. lagbeast
    Date: Sat, Apr 9 2011 08:28:01

hm...debating if i should learn charge reverse for slot 3-4(ring+pinky)...does it come in handy with any tricks or combo?

19. Bleevlee
    Date: Sat, Apr 9 2011 14:36:00

Warped sonic reverse 34-23 or inverse reverse.

20. Enigmatic
    Date: Thu, Apr 14 2011 04:18:53

I learned both charges in like 3 days, although to do it for longer periods of time, It took me like a week for charge and like 4 days later for charge reverse. Never really found it that hard.

21. Arjun
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 15:50:15

:sleep:

22. Fl0wingfire
    Date: Wed, May 4 2011 22:34:18

So basically, it's supposed to spin in a counter clockwise motion? RAWR, my fingers always go back to doing Normal Charge when I try this

23. Breezy
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 15:25:35

Everyone should learn their reverses, this is hard but you will not regret it

24. Advecticity
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 02:25:05

Breezy wrote: Everyone should learn their reverses, this is hard but you will not regret it
    QFT

25. Breezy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 04:58:14

Advecticity wrote: QFT
    English please.

26. Advecticity
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 12:21:35

Quoted for truth?

27. ynomir50
    Date: Fri, May 13 2011 02:06:25

Hi, when I try to do a charge rev (been working on it for maybe a week) my index, middle, and ring fingers do something like a "wave". (you know, the one usually done with audiences at like a football game.) Is this normal for when I'm learning it? How do I get it smoother? (I know, practice a ton, but I'm just making sure that I'm practicing the right way.) Thanks in advance.

28. wings
    Date: Sat, May 14 2011 13:25:06

Sonic reverse and charge rev. has the same motion, try doing a sonic rev. but only the starting motion, so you're not gonna execute the whole trick, just the counter-clockwise motion. I taught that to my cousin and it worked! lol I said motion so many times in my head now. XD

29. MBatisti
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 22:42:49

my fingers are addicted on the normal charge.... I cant do the reverse, when I try, my fingers do the normal! Any hint? DDDD:

30. tacohead12
    Date: Wed, May 18 2011 05:25:52

If you learn the sonic reverse first it makes this a thousand times easier. That's what I did at least

31. juggalo666666
    Date: Wed, May 18 2011 14:23:41

Thank you I shall try I agree with Mbatsi whenever i try to charge Rev i always end up doing it normally.

32. MBatisti
    Date: Wed, May 18 2011 18:05:06

Oh, thank you =D I'll try it! EDIT: WHOOOAAA It really worked! Now i just need to learn in the slot 2-3 and 3-4. Thank you again

33. BboyEnGee
    Date: Sun, May 22 2011 10:05:07

My charge reverse is really awkward looking e.e it seems i have a lot of trouble doing it, does anyone have suggestions? i guess the main reason is because i try to hard or something?

34. Advecticity
    Date: Sun, May 22 2011 15:09:43

Awkward is very vague, but I think you mean jerky looking. Don't try to get it to spin too fast yet. Instead, make sure the motion is really circular - that is, the pen spins as parallel to the hand as possible, and to do so, the distance of the walking motion between the two fingers you're doing the charge with should be larger.

35. BboyEnGee
    Date: Sun, May 22 2011 15:22:15

awkwardly as in, i have to move my entire hand sort of to do it

36. Krypton
    Date: Sun, May 22 2011 15:34:34

When doing it in 12, sort of curl the index in, and then stretch it out. As the pen is completing the revolution, bring the index finger back to the starting position. Hold your wrist down if you have to.

37. BboyEnGee
    Date: Sun, May 22 2011 16:24:40

okay thanks, its kinda working, i probably just have to practice now

38. btejedor
    Date: Tue, Jul 12 2011 16:30:03

wowww it looks like i'm about to get it :) thanks for the tips everyone

39. ron-g
    Date: Fri, Oct 7 2011 09:24:57

I can only execute only about 2 full revolutions when doing the trick and I'm wondering if I need to increase the spin count. Also, is it recommended that I learn the charge reverse 2-3 and 3-4? (I can't do charge normal 3-4, but that's another story.)

40. Kari
    Date: Fri, Oct 7 2011 16:31:18

ron-g wrote: I can only execute only about 2 full revolutions when doing the trick and I'm wondering if I need to increase the spin count. Also, is it recommended that I learn the charge reverse 2-3 and 3-4? (I can't do charge normal 3-4, but that's another story.)
    You really shouldn't have to ever use more than one revolution for charge so if you want to go ahead but you don't have to. And you should learn charge and charge reverse in all slots. The 34 slot is a bit tricky. You already know the motion which is good. Now you should learn control. Learn to move the pen from the tip to the back cap while holding a charge. ;) And don't forget charge t1 and tf charge. ;)

41. tom19
    Date: Mon, Mar 19 2012 13:20:53

If you are going clockwise in 12, i use my middle finger. If you are going anti-clockwise, i use my index finger...

42. Karrot
    Date: Mon, Mar 19 2012 21:56:33

tom19 wrote: If you are going clockwise in 12, i use my middle finger. If you are going anti-clockwise, i use my index finger...
    clockwise would be charge...

43. Accuru
    Date: Thu, Jun 28 2012 17:41:14

i just cant get the spin going its probably harder than choping metal

44. Kari
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 19:43:17

Accuru wrote: i just cant get the spin going its probably harder than choping metal
    Normal charge is holding your index finger still and moving your middle finger. Charge reverse is the opposite, using your index finger and holding your middle finger still. If you already know charge, charge reverse is going to be quite difficult. Just take it slow and keep practicing. You'll get it. :)

45. Accuru
    Date: Thu, Jul 5 2012 02:13:05

Kari wrote: Normal charge is holding your index finger still and moving your middle finger. Charge reverse is the opposite, using your index finger and holding your middle finger still. If you already know charge, charge reverse is going to be quite difficult. Just take it slow and keep practicing. You'll get it. :)
    thanks if i have any problems il contact you

46. Kari
    Date: Thu, Jul 5 2012 04:51:10

Accuru wrote: thanks if i have any problems il contact you
    Sounds good. :)

47. Alex
    Date: Fri, Jul 6 2012 02:38:58

really? i move my index finger and leave my middle still

Kari wrote: Normal charge is holding your index finger still and moving your middle finger. Charge reverse is the opposite, using your index finger and holding your middle finger still. If you already know charge, charge reverse is going to be quite difficult. Just take it slow and keep practicing. You'll get it. :)

48. Kari
    Date: Fri, Jul 6 2012 02:50:45

Alex wrote: really? i move my index finger and leave my middle still
    For charge or charge reverse? I explained both in that post.

49. Alex
    Date: Fri, Jul 6 2012 02:52:33

I was talking about normal charge but i was wrong i do keep my index still its just that the pen moves it a little and i got confused. Edit: i move both actually

Kari wrote: For charge or charge reverse? I explained both in that post.

50. Kari
    Date: Sat, Jul 7 2012 02:59:26

Alex wrote: I was talking about normal charge but i was wrong i do keep my index still its just that the pen moves it a little and i got confused. Edit: i move both actually
    Well even I move both when I do charge reverse. I just mainly move my index finger for it.

51. ShadowParadox
    Date: Wed, Oct 16 2013 17:16:37

Can anyone help me with charge reverses? I can do about one or two of them but then the pen just keep going sideways instead of conically, any tips?

52. Zkhan
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 00:43:38

Aydarkzero wrote: Can anyone help me with charge reverses? I can do about one or two of them but then the pen just keep going sideways instead of conically, any tips?
    I assume you're learning how to do it in slot 12. Remember for the charge reverse 12, the only finger that's actually moving is your index. Try your best to relax your other fingers whilst extending them to allow for a more conical motion when you do the trick. When I first started out, I taught myself the correct motion by slightly twisting my wrist to keep the pen in circular rotation with the extra momentum. With time and practice you'll get the hang of it. And a friendly reminder, please search the forums before posting. Most of the times there is already a thread dedicated to the subject matter you're inquiring about!

53. MrTradeMarkMe
    Date: Mon, Feb 24 2014 22:11:42

I can't get it, I've tried for like a week to get 1 revolution, but it doesn't seem to click. Anyone have tips that made them realize how to do it?

54. Monk
    Date: Thu, Mar 13 2014 20:50:57

MrTradeMarkMe wrote: I can't get it, I've tried for like a week to get 1 revolution, but it doesn't seem to click. Anyone have tips that made them realize how to do it?
    Yeah, a bunch of people have problems with this due to the fact that they've gotten to used to the regular charge, since it's one of the basic foundations of pen spinning.

55. Pen15
    Date: Mon, Nov 10 2014 14:44:33

Help me!!! I cannot do charge nor charge reverse continuosly in 34 slot. I think my pinky is too short. Anyone had this problem?

56. AfroSquared
    Date: Mon, Nov 10 2014 16:50:19

Pen15 wrote: Help me!!! I cannot do charge nor charge reverse continuosly in 34 slot. I think my pinky is too short. Anyone had this problem?
    Everyone has this problem when you are a beginner. if your pinky reaches the first line below your ring finger tip, then you are fine. If not then, your pinky might be short but it is still perfectly doable.

57. Firenzo
    Date: Thu, Nov 13 2014 11:14:23

I can't seem to get charge reverse in any finger slot pls help I think its cuz I do charge normal using the index finger

58. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Fri, Nov 14 2014 06:01:36

I honestly consider Charge Reverse as one of the hardest tricks to get a hold of (at that stage in spinning). Also ^ you may be correct, as Charge Normal 23 usually involves the middle finger moving... For a Charge Rev 12 (arguably easiest slot to start in), you'll want to be literally doing anything you can to get a slight counter clockwise movement. Use your other hand to guide the pen, try twisting your wrist a bit (only to get your fingers used to having the pen spin that direction; don't do Charge Rev like this), move only your index, etc... Once you can get that counter clockwise movement, you just build from there. Try to get a good single Charge Rev before going for the continuous and try to make them wide and circular (the pen will slip a lot because the fingers are not used to performing such a motion), and I hate to be that guy but indeed, practice gets you as close to perfect as you can get.

59. nyt-FURY360
    Date: Sat, Nov 15 2014 04:07:37

kind of hard for me. Any tips?