UPSB v4

General Discussion / quick survey

1. Gland
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 03:35:11

I need to do some sort of survey about pen spinning and this data will be included to my writing. If you'd like to help me please answer the poll, and/or if you have any other idea about benefit of pen spinning, please leave a reply. thanks :help:

2. Reason
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 04:26:49

pen spinning helping with studying? nooooo way. pen spinning is how i avoid studying. i think it definitely makes you think about things in a new way though. example: i started to inadvertently notice the center of balance in random objects after spinning for a while.

3. Gash
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 04:32:08

I chose "pen spinning has no benefit", since that fits best with my opinion. Although I don't believe that pen spinning actually "has absolutely no benefit at all". Of course, there's many other ways in which we benefit from pen spinning, outside of actual pen spinning. Learning that out there, there's always people better than us, or realising that artforms actually require a lot of dedication and time.

4. casual
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 05:11:50

i think pen spinning makes you want to spread love and happiness

5. Zkhan
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 05:22:12

none of the above.

6. fang
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 07:13:03

I think for some people improves creativity, you try to make different links, tricks, hybrids or even whole new concepts.

7. Enkronidus
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 11:54:49

I voted for creativity. Motivate to study? LOL fuck that shit. I'm pretty sure it has improved my way of thinking, as in sorting/arrangement of ideas in order to create and improve your own identity. [hard to explain in language, sorry] It's just fun to play around with different things, learn something new, mix them up and see what happens. Then, you realize what you are comfortable with the most. It's like I know more about myself and what I want. Style, mostly, and trivial things such as devoting yourself to what you like or that you need a good instrument so you require less time to practice. Most of things I learned are more like small facts that can be applied to literally everything. Not mentioning friendship and social skill because I think that is more of an indirect benefit

8. DioBrando
    Date: Fri, Oct 18 2013 03:50:00

penespinning is ....... ART...........

9. Walkaz
    Date: Fri, Oct 18 2013 13:47:22

Creativity, definitely PS makes me see things in different ways, getting ideas from absolutely unrelated topics. Skills like these are applied to my everyday work. Also, since the ps scene has a lot of different type of people, I can see things from many different perspectives as well. Well but I guess that is categorized under social skills.

10. iColor
    Date: Fri, Oct 18 2013 14:35:13

For some people, creativity is definitely one of the benefits that they'll get from pen spinning. That's really the nature of pen spinning, the first few weeks you come learn the basic fundamentals and then already you have the first few building blocks for making combos. Pen spinning really does bring out your existing creativity, and has ways for spinners to increase their creativity if they wanted to. Pen spinning, in itself, is split up into two parts: pen modding, and pen spinning. Pen modding is DEFINITELY reliant on creativity for people who want to innovate and create new mods. You have the Pen Modding World Tournament as evidence of that. Pen spinning has different aspects that appeal to different kind of people. Some people do it as a way to pass the time. (Hobby mentality) Other people, it's a cool and expressive sport that they want to get better at. (Sports mentality) It's a way to meet other people with similar interests from around the world! (Social mentality) It's a artful manipulation that people want to express, and innovate. (Art mentality) These mentalities aren't concrete, there's lots of people in the between different mentalities for why they pen spin. I think every hobby/sport has their benefits, there's a lot of things that you learn and can apply to other things.

11. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Oct 18 2013 17:09:38

Creativity, I'm a researcher after all!

12. PERSIST
    Date: Fri, Oct 18 2013 17:12:36

Improves creativity, since pen spinning does involve creativity for new ideas for linkages or other special ways of pen spinning like inventing really good mods, or spinning unique object besides pens.

13. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Oct 18 2013 17:14:26

I might be the only one here that experienced how penspinning motivates studying. Serious. Frog~