UPSB v4

Approved Tutorials / Mystic SC Mod

1. Mystic
    Date: Wed, Oct 16 2013 16:18:04

Alrighty, so this is a short tutorial for a mod that I made early this year and have been using ever since. I like to think of this mod as a cross between an NX MMT and an s777 mod. Anyways, here's the specs: Name: Mystic SC Mod COG=COP Length: 21.7cm Weight: ~KT Cost: ~$20 Pens/Parts Needed: 1x G1 1x G2 1x G3 (metal) 2x HGG Tips 1x Supertip Cap (original one with the "lip" on the bottom). 4x Anyball/Profile 5.8cm of uniform grip (ie. g2, z-grip, etc) 1x Rsvp grip Process: 1: First start out by taking apart the G2 and only keeping the barrel. Then starting from the opposite side of the threads, cut the barrel down to 6.3cm like so 2: Take apart the G1, only keeping the body and backplug. Insert as desired. File down the nubs on the front and continuing to file down entire front until you can slide the g2 barrel over it with an insert in between 3: Take apart 1 of the Anyball pens, and take the long skinny part of the clicker mechanism. From the tip, cut it down to 2.2cm. Put the 2 HGG tips on the end and wrap some tape around the assembly to prevent rattling in the pen. Now assemble as shown G1 > tip assembly > G2 barrel 4: Take your supertip cap and fold up the rsvp grip and stick it into the top of the cap (should be able to fit all the way in and stop on its own). Now take the cap from the G3, remove the clip and file the nub. Take the tip from the G3, put it in the cap, then stick the super tip cap into the G3 cap. 5: Take the cap assembly and attach it to the back of the G1 body as far as it will go. The assembly so far should look like this. 6: Take your 5.8cm of uniform grip and put them on the front of the pen assembly. I use G2 grips... lots and lots of G2 grips. 7: Finally take your 4 anyballs (including the one you took apart earlier) and remove only the grips. Take 2 of the grips and cut 8 sections from the top of each one. Add both of those sections back to back OVER the grip sections you added in step 6. Then take your last 2 anyball grips and cut 9 sections from each one and stick them back to back and add them to the G3 cap. And there you have it! I have not tried to shorten it (for those of you with small hands) I have not tried to make it lighter. Feel free to experiment.

2. Tommy
    Date: Wed, Oct 16 2013 19:44:27

YAY!!!!!!!!

3. Dern Goid
    Date: Wed, Oct 16 2013 21:36:40

dat grip tho.... haha nice :P

4. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Oct 16 2013 21:38:37

LOL that's a lot of G2 grips. D:

5. LighT*
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 02:10:44

wow thats an awesome mod! gona make it :D!

6. JoloPSPH
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 02:56:43

Original so the old one ? i mean the supertips

7. Mystic
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 03:15:26

JoloPSPH wrote: Original so the old one ? i mean the supertips
    Yes that is correct hahaha

8. Kemu
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 05:52:14

How much sanding needs to be done on the front of the g1? im kinda worried of this breaking like my firefly

9. Mystic
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:51:45

Kemu wrote: How much sanding needs to be done on the front of the g1? im kinda worried of this breaking like my firefly
    Just sand the whole area as evenly as possible and check frequently to see if a g2 barrel will fit over it with an insert (use scrap paper for this part). But the g1 barrel is very strong, i only broke it once and that was because i was carrying a reclining sofa and rested it on my leg (forgetting my pen was in my pocket) and crunch! And ive dropped it countless times on cement (i work in a warehouse) and nothing has even cracked.

10. JoloPSPH
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 13:41:45

so its impossible to use new supertips the one with lips and fatter boddy

11. Mystic
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 15:02:01

JoloPSPH wrote: so its impossible to use new supertips the one with lips and fatter boddy
    Oh its possible to use them, they just crack and break super easy!

12. Tommy
    Date: Fri, Oct 18 2013 07:23:50

JoloPSPH wrote: so its impossible to use new supertips the one with lips and fatter boddy
    Old super tips have the thicker body new supertips have the thinner body.