UPSB v4

General Discussion / UPSBT ROUND 3 RESULTS DOE

1. TheAafg
    Date: Sun, Oct 6 2013 18:47:58

Intermediate : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai9ZLzh-6VvmdDRaV2NDSVJvZXVPRk85WjVUbTRCVFE&usp=sharing Veteran : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai9ZLzh-6VvmdFJyejRsRWZFRUdWamp3b2lOQ1dHS0E&usp=sharing Judge 3 comments for veterans : http://pastebin.com/6Xu6Xxfa Videos due[SIZE="7"][B][COLOR="red"] 20th[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

2. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Oct 6 2013 19:00:29

It's Round 3! INTERMEDIATE BRACKET FINALS EUROCRACY vs MIYUKI

3. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Oct 6 2013 19:28:23

@eurocracy be prepared to face the BR power.

4. Mystic
    Date: Sun, Oct 6 2013 19:34:32

Finally done with this poorly organized mess! :woop: And its round 3 results by the way :facepalm:

5. Mystic
    Date: Sun, Oct 6 2013 19:51:58

6. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Oct 6 2013 19:56:11

@i.suk

7. DioBrando
    Date: Sun, Oct 6 2013 20:11:50

soo... @neoknux_009 should be the winner? and lol eurocracy you tagged the wrong neo bro

8. TheAafg
    Date: Sun, Oct 6 2013 20:20:57

eurocracy wrote: @i.suk
    whoops i thought all the battles were in order fixed.

9. Gash
    Date: Sun, Oct 6 2013 22:53:24

Holy fuck shit, vet bracket will be awesome!!

10. HobbyLogics
    Date: Sun, Oct 6 2013 23:45:28

Time to join WC and maybe not get in. Then graduate from HS and maybe quit pen spinning. I don't think I can improve much anymore.

11. Enigma
    Date: Mon, Oct 7 2013 01:34:20

i wonder can DioBrando create small sensation? :)

12. JackyMacky
    Date: Mon, Oct 7 2013 03:21:17

Lol, pastebin judge again? "Fuck you fucking tit shit fuckers stop laughing at my final judging comment to you or I swear to god I will find you all and chemically castrate you to fucking death." u wot m8

13. neoknux_009
    Date: Mon, Oct 7 2013 04:11:10

Errr? Huh D;

14. Tommy
    Date: Mon, Oct 7 2013 04:29:30

shouldnt it be dio vs neoknux?

15. Dakrowl
    Date: Mon, Oct 7 2013 06:05:15

European tournament is probably going to end sooner than upsbt

16. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Oct 7 2013 06:11:18

neoknux_009 wrote: Errr? Huh D;
    Final is you vs Diobrando

17. catfish
    Date: Mon, Oct 7 2013 08:35:50

Good luck to everyone!! :) I wanna see Miyuki win only cause i lost to him x) and Dio vs isuk should be interesting!! I love watching the underdog make it far in tournaments!!!!! :) Once again, Good luck everyone :)

18. Walkaz
    Date: Mon, Oct 7 2013 11:26:00

HobbyLogics wrote: Time to join WC and maybe not get in. Then graduate from HS and maybe quit pen spinning. I don't think I can improve much anymore.
    *cough* sorry im allergic to bullshit jk but you have infinite potential mang, dont quit

19. Mystic
    Date: Mon, Oct 7 2013 14:18:35

*Fixed bracket.

20. neoknux_009
    Date: Tue, Oct 8 2013 06:48:59

right. I have to say i dont think i deserved the win here against isuk. I feel he is the much better spinner, and im pulling of a sutomo (no offense sut, you are a great spinner) But i wont reject the judges decision... From here ...im not sure, ive already used all my material up against isuk thinking that would be it. Let me see if i can put on one more show.

21. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Oct 8 2013 11:28:44

neoknux_009 wrote: From here ...im not sure, ive already used all my material up against isuk thinking that would be it.
    ^LIES you have more stuff, i know it x) or you will make more :D glgl although i'm not satisfied over the conditions of my loss (2/5 judges not sending after 2 weeks? wtf, you only had to judge 4 vids, srsly), at least i lost to a worthy opponent ^^ whoever wins this upsbt has to participate in wc14 to maintain tradition of previous upsbt

22. Walkaz
    Date: Tue, Oct 8 2013 14:00:34

@DioBrando you should write a book "From the lowest ranking to the final - a Diobrando autobiography"

23. Reason
    Date: Tue, Oct 8 2013 17:15:40

Walkaz wrote: @DioBrando you should write a book "From the lowest ranking to the final - a Diobrando autobiography"
    a trolling stone never gathers moss.

24. Mystic
    Date: Tue, Oct 8 2013 18:00:52

F'in Dio trolled us all hard!

25. Eshor
    Date: Tue, Oct 8 2013 18:35:54

go go eurocracy ! You can won that !

26. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Oct 8 2013 18:51:11

neoknux_009 wrote: right. I have to say i dont think i deserved the win here against isuk. I feel he is the much better spinner, and im pulling of a sutomo (no offense sut, you are a great spinner) But i wont reject the judges decision... From here ...im not sure, ive already used all my material up against isuk thinking that would be it. Let me see if i can put on one more show.
    I judged what I saw in the combos, I don't take into account who is the better spinner based on their other videos or experience, that's how judging should be. Don't put yourself down so much, you did a good job and throwing all your material in worked.

27. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Oct 20 2013 00:48:49

[video=youtube;LQd-xvg57Gw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQd-xvg57Gw[/video] I cannot do better! This tournament has been crazy for me, each successive combo I've made has been my best, and I've been upping my game every time. I'm so happy with my improvement. Good luck @Miyuki ! Explanation video... Later.

28. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sun, Oct 20 2013 08:59:51

eurocracy wrote: [video=youtube;LQd-xvg57Gw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQd-xvg57Gw[/video] I cannot do better! This tournament has been crazy for me, each successive combo I've made has been my best, and I've been upping my game every time. I'm so happy with my improvement. Good luck @Miyuki ! Explanation video... Later.
    Oh, you can definitely do better. The only thing you have to do is cut some hard parts from your combo.

29. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Oct 20 2013 10:16:00

Erirornal Kraione wrote: Oh, you can definitely do better. The only thing you have to do is cut some hard parts from your combo.
    I feel I have failed if I perform a combo that I find easy, I want to push limits >…<

30. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sun, Oct 20 2013 11:23:36

eurocracy wrote: I feel I have failed if I perform a combo that I find easy, I want to push limits >…<
    I feel that people fail to perform combos when they fail to actually perform the combo. =/ Pushing limits is fine, but be sure to actually be able to do the tricks instead of just being able to do them.

31. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Oct 20 2013 12:21:08

[video=youtube;rgTsOb1Edrw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgTsOb1Edrw[/video]

32. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Oct 20 2013 12:42:49

Erirornal Kraione wrote: I feel that people fail to perform combos when they fail to actually perform the combo. =/ Pushing limits is fine, but be sure to actually be able to do the tricks instead of just being able to do them.
    What we treasure most in spinning differs ^^' I also said that I feel like I have failed, not that I failed to perform my combo. I could not fail to perform a simple combo but I'd still feel like I've failed in my spinning goals. By which I mean I find it incredibly boring to do a combo full of linkages that look hard, but aren't. So I'd rather have not as good exe than submit a combo that I feel is like most penspinning combos out there, just unoriginal links and tricks arranged in a relatively easy way, which looks decently hard, if you're a bad spinner. For example, I could copy a linkage by vicgotgame in a few minutes. Whereas performing mine always have percentage chances of dropping, because they don't consist of traditional composition. My exe will probably get better with these tricks, not that you'll see them often as I'll just keep moving onto new, harder stuff, and explore the technical side of penspinning, rather than spend all my time doing the same links and tricks over and over again. @Erirornal Kraione updated post

33. Mystic
    Date: Sun, Oct 20 2013 12:54:11

Erirornal Kraione wrote: I feel that people fail to perform combos when they fail to actually perform the combo. =/ Pushing limits is fine, but be sure to actually be able to do the tricks instead of just being able to do them.
    Ancient Eriror proverb I live my ps life by XD

34. Miyuki
    Date: Sun, Oct 20 2013 17:25:23

[video=youtube;TWoECLfr5s8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWoECLfr5s8[/video] GL Eurocracy

35. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Oct 20 2013 19:03:30

Late, but okay. Nice combo though, very powerful. Here's my explanation/analysis of combo video: [video=youtube;dB4H7ZXMw7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB4H7ZXMw7E[/video]

36. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sun, Oct 20 2013 20:05:11

eurocracy wrote: What we treasure most in spinning differs ^^' I also said that I feel like I have failed, not that I failed to perform my combo. I could not fail to perform a simple combo but I'd still feel like I've failed in my spinning goals. By which I mean I find it incredibly boring to do a combo full of linkages that look hard, but aren't. So I'd rather have not as good exe than submit a combo that I feel is like most penspinning combos out there, just unoriginal links and tricks arranged in a relatively easy way, which looks decently hard, if you're a bad spinner. For example, I could copy a linkage by vicgotgame in a few minutes. Whereas performing mine always have percentage chances of dropping, because they don't consist of traditional composition. My exe will probably get better with these tricks, not that you'll see them often as I'll just keep moving onto new, harder stuff, and explore the technical side of penspinning, rather than spend all my time doing the same links and tricks over and over again. @Erirornal Kraione updated post
    That's cool and all, and in general spinning might be fine, but not in a tournament scene.

37. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Oct 20 2013 20:25:02

Erirornal Kraione wrote: That's cool and all, and in general spinning might be fine, but not in a tournament scene.
    Execution and presentation: Two judging sections. (10-20 points total) Difficulty and Creativity: Two judging sections. (10-20 points total) Prioritizing one section over the other is personal preference, if doing one will result in a lower score in the other.

38. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Oct 21 2013 09:00:14

eurocracy wrote: Execution and presentation: Two judging sections. (10-20 points total) Difficulty and Creativity: Two judging sections. (10-20 points total) Prioritizing one section over the other is personal preference, if doing one will result in a lower score in the other.
    true, except typically, spinners are more prone to lose more marks in exec than marks gained in difficulty when exec is sacrificed for difficulty (e.g. having 1 fairly noticeable mistake might drop your exec by 0.5, 1 or even 1.5 marks out of 5 total for exec, and gain only 0.5 or even zero marks in difficulty, since the hardest stuff is out of comprehension of judges or may not be considered as exceptionally hard by other people; whereas exec errors are somewhat more easily noticed) ofc, whether such marks are deserved or not is another story entirely, but overall play-to-win tournament mindset and spin to satisfy yourself mindset may not match for many people/situations

39. DioBrando
    Date: Mon, Oct 21 2013 11:10:00

[video=youtube;U916eK2T9VU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U916eK2T9VU[/video]

40. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Oct 23 2013 04:17:46

results by the end of this week or early next week.