UPSB v4

Off-topic / making mp3 player wireless?

1. Xienix
    Date: Sat, Oct 5 2013 11:28:13

So yea....my MP3 player doens't have bluetooth and i want some wireless earbuds but I can't find them without the bluetooth function what i am looking for is a 3,5mm plug that sends a wireless signal to the earbuds here's a drawing does someone know where I can get those things?

2. Tommy
    Date: Sat, Oct 5 2013 12:21:33

Ohhh, what you should do is explain the problem to your nearest tech store, great drawing btw, helped alot

3. webspider
    Date: Sat, Oct 5 2013 13:23:36

Pretty much all wireless solutions (with the exception of selfmade ones) suck. If you want to do sports or just listen to music tangle-free get decent in-ears (like Ultimate Ears 200 or Meelectronics M9) and a decent MP3 player (like a refurbished Sansa Clip+). That makes about 50$ in total, only thing that's left is running the cable across your back under your clothes to eliminate all body sound. If the in-ears keep falling out, make your own foam tips or get more ergonomic ones if you have the money (Shure and Westone offer some).

4. Xienix
    Date: Sat, Oct 5 2013 16:55:48

Tommy;270336]Ohhh, what you should do is explain the problem to your nearest tech store, great drawing btw, helped alot[/QUOTE] good idea but i don't think they know what to do (for as far as I know 1 in 100 people who work in a tech store do really know where they are talking about) [QUOTE=webspider;270338]Pretty much all wireless solutions (with the exception of selfmade ones) suck. [/QUOTE] how can i make a wireless thing myself? [QUOTE=webspider wrote: only thing that's left is running the cable across your back under your clothes to eliminate all body sound.
    but....that's the reason why i want wireless earbuds it takes me ages to do that and with wireless you don't have that problem ....

5. webspider
    Date: Sat, Oct 5 2013 17:23:32

Xienix wrote: how can i make a wireless thing myself?.
    I came across this a few days ago. Yes, you need at least soldering skills to do these kind of hacks. And I'd strongly suggest to place the transmitter and battery OUTSIDE the headphone, otherwise the sound will be a lot worse. Good luck.

6. Xienix
    Date: Sat, Oct 5 2013 19:10:54

webspider wrote: I came across this a few days ago. Yes, you need at least soldering skills to do these kind of hacks. And I'd strongly suggest to place the transmitter and battery OUTSIDE the headphone, otherwise the sound will be a lot worse. Good luck.
    the only problem here is...I don't want a huge headphone but something small instead thanks for helping anyways :) I think i've found something http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Mini-jack-Transmitter-Headphones-Receivers/dp/B002HHLOWC + some bleutooth earbuds