UPSB v4

General Discussion / Any advice on how to start a pen spinning club at school?

1. RubyD
    Date: Fri, Sep 20 2013 01:20:36

Okay so I'm thinking of starting a Pen Spinning club at school, and one of the things we have to do is make an announcement in front of our school about the club. So I was wondering if you guys had any ideas/tips on what I could talk about to convince students to join(I already have a few friends who'd be intrested). If the club does get started up, what are some suggestions you guys have that we could do in the club? I already have some ideas like: Modding your own pen(Bictory mods at first since the materials are cheap and it's a basic mod), trick learning(obviously), working on finger flexibility/independence, and once the students get better have like mini battles between them. Does it seem like the club would be intresting? I would love some feed back.

2. Shiftyei
    Date: Fri, Sep 20 2013 02:40:08

I think that's an excellent idea =) you should just ask around at first and be sure there will be at least a few serious people before you make an announcement in front of the school. You should also show them some nice tricks and tell them with enough persistence they'll get it. Wish I had a penspinning club at our school =p good luck!!

3. RubyD
    Date: Fri, Sep 20 2013 02:58:03

Yeah I already asked a few friends, I have 9 people who would be willing to join right now. Tomorrow I just need to ask around a bit more and ask a teacher if they would be willing to supervise the club(mandatory). I'm probably going to have to do the announcement Monday though, because it's also mandatory...I hope I do well speaking in front of the entire school. hmm well maybe you can start your own club?

4. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Sep 20 2013 03:33:52

It sounds like a great idea, good luck! Wish I had done something like that back in school.

5. Voracity
    Date: Fri, Sep 20 2013 06:26:55

Damn I would join ^^ well you could talk about the WT/WC tourneys, show them some videos form the famous spinners and maybe they'll get inspired! Good luck :)

6. hunter206
    Date: Fri, Sep 20 2013 11:23:06

Hearing your idea,well..i also feel i should inspire or you can say suggesting my friends to open a pen spinning club in our school,cause that would help us to enjoy in our boring classes,lol.

7. RubyD
    Date: Fri, Sep 20 2013 13:58:35

Well I'm definitely glad I got some positive feed back from my idea. @Voracity I was actually thinking of that :D like showing some really inspiring videos of other people pen spinning to let the people know that one day all that hard work will pay off and they'll be able to do something like that. Also to all of you guys out there that are thinking of making a club, I say go for it.Even if you guys don't have many pen spinners at your school(only my sister and I penspin at our school), most people want to join some sort of club/extra curricular activity for their college applications , so just tell them it'd be a really fun club to join or something along the lings of that. Or if you just ask around, you'd be surprised by how many people are interested.

8. [4-OH-4]
    Date: Sat, Sep 21 2013 03:26:30

Sounds interesting:)i would join the club if i could. Maybe show some videos of very advanced spinners doing cool linkages and combos to get them interested for it. If they are interested in PS,they would come to you,not you going to them.i wouldnt talk about anything much.there are many 'spinners'who lose interest very quickly,like,learning a handful of tricks and decided to quit and stop learning,so choosing right member can be tough.good luck @RubyD :)

9. RubyD
    Date: Sat, Sep 21 2013 04:43:48

Yeah I showed a few of the people that wanted to join a few videos and they seemed genuinely interested in spinning. I was also not even going to make a club, but I jokingly said that I would make one and my two friends that were walking out of class with me said that "It would be a great club and if you made it we would join". Then a few other of my friends/people I kind of know from class said they would join as well. :D I also found a teacher willing to supervise which I was pretty happy about. I'm going to fill out the application for the club on Monday.