UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Double charge

1. Someone
    Date: Fri, Sep 6 2013 02:45:36

Hi, I joined this forum maybe 30 minutes ago and looked through, but I'm not sure where to post this, but I think this place is appropriate. Anyway, I recently started spinning and now I'm trying to do the Double Charge. I know how to do the Twisted Sonic pretty smoothly now and the 12 to 23 fingerpass. After I get to the fingerpass, though, I don't seem to have enough pressure to do the Twisted Sonic, I think (doesn't seem strong enough from when I start the combo using the thumb flap)? Not really sure what to do. Because of this, the Twisted Sonic just looks like a fingerpass from 23 to 12, is this suppose to look like this? I've watched some videos on it, but people just do it so fast, I just can't see what they did right after the fingerpass >:I Thanks for any help :)

2. JoloPSPH
    Date: Fri, Sep 6 2013 02:52:44

i do it like i fold my fingers down while doing the pass the like flex it back to do another charge

3. Someone
    Date: Fri, Sep 6 2013 12:52:04

Do you use the "force" of the charge to do the twisted sonic?

4. JoloPSPH
    Date: Fri, Sep 6 2013 13:44:31

you will use the force from the pass to do the charge for the twisted sonic

5. Zen
    Date: Fri, Sep 6 2013 14:59:39

Alright the Double Charge consists of two tricks, Twisted Sonic and a simple pass more specifically either 12-23 or 23-45. If you do not know any of these tricks I suggest you learn another trick. Anyway I had to learn the trick myself but it is fairly easy if you can break it down. Twisted sonic is just a charge and then a pass up. The Double Charge is just that with a pass down. That's it. What you are doing is a Double Charge 123. The trick is to make it look like it is going in a conic motion, like a charge. When you do the Twisted sonic do the pass to the 23 finger slot. Then just do the charge. Then pass it up. Continue doing this and try to do it faster. If you have enough control of the pen try to depict the moment it goes down do the pass by quickly pulling up you ring finger. Try to make it look like a charge. Anyway this is not where you should post this. Do not worry read the headings and if you post in the wrong place I am sure a moderator will kindly move it. Anyway let me be the first to Welcome you!:) Good luck and Happy Spinning! @fang can you move this? LOL. Sorry you are the only moderaor that i know :p Regards Zen

6. Kemu
    Date: Sun, Sep 8 2013 18:42:34

the way i learned it was by doing a pass 12-23>pass reverse 23-12 until it is fluid. it took me like 10 min to get it fluid. then master twisted sonic 23-12>charge 12 and warped sonic 12-23>charge 23. i suggest practicing warped sonic>charge more since you have problems with the second half. this is also a move that gets pretty choppy if you dont practice it in a while. Hope it helps^__^ it i mastered it in an hours this way

7. Someone
    Date: Mon, Sep 9 2013 19:24:46

Kemu wrote: the way i learned it was by doing a pass 12-23>pass reverse 23-12 until it is fluid. it took me like 10 min to get it fluid. then master twisted sonic 23-12>charge 12 and warped sonic 12-23>charge 23. i suggest practicing warped sonic>charge more since you have problems with the second half. this is also a move that gets pretty choppy if you dont practice it in a while. Hope it helps^__^ it i mastered it in an hours this way
    I can do the Twisted Sonic -> Pass 12-23 pretty fludily now, but I can't seem to connect them to do the Double Charge. Right after I do the Twisted Sonic -> Pass 12-23, I have to pause, do a charge first, then I can do the twisted sonic, and then the pass. It doesn't seem to keep going continuosly. I've been doign this for a while now, but I still have to do that short pause. Am I on the right track?

8. Zen
    Date: Mon, Sep 9 2013 20:31:20

Someone wrote: I can do the Twisted Sonic -> Pass 12-23 pretty fludily now, but I can't seem to connect them to do the Double Charge. Right after I do the Twisted Sonic -> Pass 12-23, I have to pause, do a charge first, then I can do the twisted sonic, and then the pass. It doesn't seem to keep going continuosly. I've been doign this for a while now, but I still have to do that short pause. Am I on the right track?
    You are on the right track just try to use the momentum from the TW-S and 12-23 pass to try to kind swing the pen to the twisted sonic. Don't get discouraged keep trying. Try to minimize the pause time. Try not to pause at all. Um a good pen mod can also help. Make sure you are using a mod that has some weight. Good luck and happy Spinning. Regards Zen PS. If you can like my post or if they helped you plez like them as I use them to gauge my other posts. So if you don't find them helpful plez tell me :)

9. [4-OH-4]
    Date: Wed, Sep 11 2013 04:09:54

Maybe ur doing it too slowly?maybe u used too little force? What i usually do when i do the double charge,my ring finger bends down(like trying to touch the palm with the tip of your ring finger).and when the pen reaches the ring finger,i push it out and the force can help me execute the remaining double charges without much strength being used...smoothness is also one thing u need for the double charge,@Zen

10. Zen
    Date: Thu, Sep 12 2013 01:36:55

[QUOTE='[4-OH-4];268905']Maybe ur doing it too slowly?maybe u used too little force? What i usually do when i do the double charge,my ring finger bends down(like trying to touch the palm with the tip of your ring finger).and when the pen reaches the ring finger,i push it out and the force can help me execute the remaining double charges without much strength being used...smoothness is also one thing u need for the double charge,@Someone ! Regards Zen

11. Adolf
    Date: Fri, Oct 4 2013 00:09:14

yo dawg, I tried all dat shit but nuthing seems ta work. Could one yall post a decent vid on dis trick. Saw all the ones on the Tube an they were total scheisse. thanks homies.

12. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, Oct 4 2013 06:05:51

@Adolf [video=youtube;p-qC-62RB34]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-qC-62RB34[/video]

13. MrTradeMarkMe
    Date: Mon, Feb 24 2014 22:14:29

I was wondering if charge double is (in simpler terms) a twisted sonic to warp sonic linkage? I'm asking this because it helps me get moves down when they're broken down to other moves that I know. Thanks

14. Reason
    Date: Mon, Feb 24 2014 22:55:27

MrTradeMarkMe wrote: I was wondering if charge double is (in simpler terms) a twisted sonic to warp sonic linkage? I'm asking this because it helps me get moves down when they're broken down to other moves that I know. Thanks
    yeah thats basically the idea. just a continuous tws sonic ~> warped sonic linkage. i started doing that without knowing it was double charge when i started. hope that helps :)

15. Xubz
    Date: Mon, Mar 24 2014 23:38:33

How do i do the double charge with my pen? I have a bictory and i started pen spinning on 3/20/14. I Know the Twisted Sonic and the pass. But i still don't understand how to do the double charge. I can do the twisted sonic and then pass after the twisted sonic.. So like i can do the twisted sonic 23 - 12 and then fingerpass 12 -23 ... after that i can't seem to do another twisted sonic? Does it take a long time to master Double Charge? Or Does it just take a lot of practice? Basically after the fingerpass from 12- 23 i cannot seem to do another twisted sonic after it.

16. Zen
    Date: Tue, Mar 25 2014 00:32:40

You do the twisted sonic and then the pass like you said and then you just keep repeating the process again. It is essentialy a continuous twisted sonic.. But when you preform it it looks like you are doing two charges, hence the name. Just keep practicing you will get it. Lokk at some otphe videos. It is good to have a variety of medium in anything you are trying to learn. By medium ip mean material for example when you learn spanish, it is easier if you have spanish books to practice with or even a teacher or someone tpo talk to in spanish. Look at videos by other people. Maybe the angle or something will trigger an ideaa

17. JackyMacky
    Date: Tue, Mar 25 2014 00:51:45

Xubz wrote: So like i can do the twisted sonic 23 - 12 and then fingerpass 12 -23 ... after that i can't seem to do another twisted sonic?
    I had this problem as well when I started double charge. This may mean the following: 1) you or your hands do not understand pen positioning. This does NOT mean slots; what I mean is how the pen is positioned in the slots. Is the finger slot placement above or below the COP (center of pen) when you start a double charge? Let me rephrase that...is the COP located on the palm side or the back hand? Where is the COP located after the twisted sonic? After the pass? Try testing out the two different pen positions when starting the double charge. Usually when you start the double charge, the COP should be located a little on the palm side. Then it's just maintaining the position when doing it continuously. 2) your hand lacks the proper finger dexterity to understand pen positioning. What I would suggest is mastering the trick [B]warped sonic 12-23[/B]. This trick should help your hand familiarize the pen positioning as well as improve the finger dexterity needed for a double charge. See if you could do a twisted sonic 23-12 after the warped sonic. :)

18. Monk
    Date: Tue, Mar 25 2014 01:10:51

You can also try curling your fingers in during the pass, then opening them up at the twisted sonic, this will increase momentum.

19. Van
    Date: Tue, Mar 25 2014 01:45:01

http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=15768

20. Kemu
    Date: Tue, Mar 25 2014 05:43:34

practice pass back and forth from (pass 12-23 > pass reverse 23-12). after you get that smooth, then add the charge motion in. shouldnt this be in the trick section not the pens mod section?

21. ShadowParadox
    Date: Tue, Mar 25 2014 16:10:19

wrong catergory, already a athread??

22. Shawkie
    Date: Sun, Sep 21 2014 04:55:27

when i do double charge, am i supposed to bend my finger down each pass, or is it 100% straight? i can do it both ways, but shoeman6 bows his fingers and ktrinh bends the fingers.

23. AfroSquared
    Date: Sun, Sep 21 2014 11:47:41

Shawkie wrote: when i do double charge, am i supposed to bend my finger down each pass, or is it 100% straight? i can do it both ways, but shoeman6 bows his fingers and ktrinh bends the fingers.
    The Double Charge is meant to look like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-NHvJD4ZUg This is how most people do it and i think this is the standard way of doing it.

24. Shawkie
    Date: Wed, Sep 24 2014 01:28:21

i guess ill have my own double charge style then :D thanks Afro.

25. m1ch1
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 14:59:59

i want to see the double charge with 100% straight fingers, because i wonder how you do the warped sonic.

26. AfroSquared
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 16:27:01

m1ch1 wrote: i want to see the double charge with 100% straight fingers, because i wonder how you do the warped sonic.
    Yeah @Shawkie i would like to see how you do it. I tried it yesterday and it was impossible for me...

27. ToDuToSu
    Date: Sun, Sep 28 2014 12:32:14

rev twisted sonic maybe can help

28. Shawkie
    Date: Sun, Sep 28 2014 21:47:59

haha sorry guys, when i said "am i supposed to bend my finger down each pass, or is it 100% straight?" i actually meant only my middle finger. i hope that clears up some confusion

29. dpke203
    Date: Tue, Oct 7 2014 20:43:06

the double charge is a twisted sonic to warp sonic very simple I learned it in 10 minutes

30. Frogblast
    Date: Tue, Oct 21 2014 20:12:56

This is how I do the double charge, but this is definately not a fingerpass there. I only show one rep in this video. It's on vine so auto-loop :sleep: I could make it make more than 1 revolution on that middle finger when it's going back into 2-3 position https://vine.co/v/Ob9ZjnqLOlh

31. Frogblast
    Date: Tue, Oct 21 2014 20:19:11

This is how I do the double charge, but this is definately not a fingerpass there. I only show one rep in this video. It's on vine so auto-loop :sleep: I could make it make more than 1 revolution on that middle finger when it's going back into 2-3 position https://vine.co/v/Ob9ZjnqLOlh

32. Reason
    Date: Tue, Oct 21 2014 20:26:44

Frogblast wrote: This is how I do the double charge, but this is definately not a fingerpass there. I only show one rep in this video. It's on vine so auto-loop :sleep: I could make it make more than 1 revolution on that middle finger when it's going back into 2-3 position https://vine.co/v/Ob9ZjnqLOlh
    this technically isnt a double charge. you actually release the pen rather than pass it on the 12-23 part... its kinda like a tws sonic -> inverse shadow.