UPSB v4

Presentation / A camera to get

1. LighT*
    Date: Fri, Sep 6 2013 12:38:34

So, ive been needing a new cam for the longest time, the one i have is for sports and i cant use it no more. Anyone know any low priced, good quality camera??

2. Walkaz
    Date: Fri, Sep 6 2013 13:23:33

dslr is the way bro go for it

3. Quake
    Date: Fri, Sep 6 2013 14:39:14

See, the thing is, the phrase "low priced" rarely goes hand in hand with "good quality." You get what you pay for. With that said, there are a good amount of bargains and sales on different websites and in different stores, but the chances of getting good quality for a low price are a bit iffy. On another note, what are you intending to use this camera for? Sports? Photography? Shooting video? Take this stuff into consideration, as different camera's excel at different things. DSLR's can be pricey and might not be the way to go if your budget is really limited or if you intend to use it for sports. What kind of pricing can you afford anyways?

4. LighT*
    Date: Fri, Sep 6 2013 21:43:30

Quake wrote: See, the thing is, the phrase "low priced" rarely goes hand in hand with "good quality." You get what you pay for. With that said, there are a good amount of bargains and sales on different websites and in different stores, but the chances of getting good quality for a low price are a bit iffy. On another note, what are you intending to use this camera for? Sports? Photography? Shooting video? Take this stuff into consideration, as different camera's excel at different things. DSLR's can be pricey and might not be the way to go if your budget is really limited or if you intend to use it for sports. What kind of pricing can you afford anyways?
    thanks @Quake and im looking for one to record psing. and how much is a dslr ussually?

5. Walkaz
    Date: Sat, Sep 7 2013 01:00:53

@Raiz if psing buy a webcam lol

6. JackyMacky
    Date: Sat, Sep 7 2013 03:15:51

Logitech c920. Do it.

7. [4-OH-4]
    Date: Sat, Sep 7 2013 03:31:41

@Raiz Webcam might be better for recording psing videos... Dslr cameras seem like a much better choice if youre using it for many things... But if youre gonna make PS videos through dslr cameras,have u thought of how you're gonna place your angle of the camera?and good,high quality dslr cameras are usually big in size(some are not very big but definetely bigger than a webcam) Id prefer the webcam if im gonna make PS videos,its much more compact,and has a stand,and i can also adjust the angle The lens of the dslr is fixed,so i cant adjust where i want it to be.it doesnt have a stand.ok,it has,but youre gonna have to buy a big one and i dont think you wanna place that on your table...

8. Quake
    Date: Sat, Sep 7 2013 05:07:03

If you are only using it for Penspinning Videos, then the Logitech c920 or c910 will do just fine. I can't remember the exact price for my c910, but It was under 100 dollars. Awkwardly enough, I don't film my spinning anymore, so I just use it for skype calls and whatnot. The FPS is great for spinning without cutting frames or video replay lag.

9. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Sep 7 2013 09:30:58

Don't worry about mounting issues. A decent tripod can be folded in a bit to mount on your desk, it's what I do and I can get any angle I like. It's how peem does his angle, though I don't know what cam he uses.

10. Tommy
    Date: Sat, Sep 7 2013 22:29:47

get a c910/c920 mounting wont be a problem, they are under 100 , great fps and lighting, and has a screw to mount your tripod

11. sopi
    Date: Sun, Sep 8 2013 15:01:25

buy Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS you can recorde in full hd with 120 fps per second. With this camera you would be the coolest guy on upsb :P

12. Reason
    Date: Mon, Sep 9 2013 15:01:23

i was looking at the nikon coolpix p310 for a couple reasons. 1. since i dont have my own computer, its kind of a bitch to try to use a webcam whenever i want. 2. it has nice FPS/quality for spinning 3. it seems like a good cam to get for amateur photography and various projects (just stuff for my own satisfaction really) its about $200 for the camera (almost $300 with essential like tripod, case, sd card) i personally think it would be perfect, but does anyone else use/own it? if so, any criticism? is it worth it?

13. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Sep 9 2013 16:27:48

New Rx 100 is its like rx102? Idk it looks good tho

14. PERSIST
    Date: Tue, Sep 10 2013 07:00:13

A smartphone. You can get full-screen footage and even slow motion film.

15. sopi
    Date: Mon, Sep 16 2013 13:00:50

PERSIST wrote: A smartphone. You can get full-screen footage and even slow motion film.
    just :noface:

16. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Sep 16 2013 14:29:58

sopi wrote: just :noface:
    I actually use a smartphone to do my recording recently, current setup: [video=youtube;T7Jei_V3s5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Jei_V3s5g[/video] Well worth it if you can get a tripod setup working. It also of course is a phone, and entertainment device, so you are saving money on buying individual devices.

17. sopi
    Date: Mon, Sep 16 2013 14:42:10

eurocracy wrote: I actually use a smartphone to do my recording recently, current setup: [video=youtube;T7Jei_V3s5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Jei_V3s5g[/video] Well worth it if you can get a tripod setup working. It also of course is a phone, and entertainment device, so you are saving money on buying individual devices.
    or you just buy a webcam like every normal penspinner

18. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Sep 16 2013 17:05:24

sopi wrote: or you just buy a webcam like every normal penspinner
    Why should I put extra money into a webcam when I already have a perfectly fine camera on my phone, that can shoot up to 1080p if I like and is likely better than most webcams.

19. sopi
    Date: Mon, Sep 16 2013 17:12:34

eurocracy wrote: Why should I put extra money into a webcam when I already have a perfectly fine camera on my phone, that can shoot up to 1080p if I like and is likely better than most webcams.
    because of swag

20. PERSIST
    Date: Mon, Sep 16 2013 17:15:14

Woah, i wasnt completely serious about a smartphone being the bestest camera or anything, but they work pretty well for me. And i didnt want to use a camera since i was already familiar with my phone before i even began filming with it.

21. Alvaris
    Date: Mon, Sep 16 2013 17:53:30

eurocracy wrote: Why should I put extra money into a webcam when I already have a perfectly fine camera on my phone, that can shoot up to 1080p if I like and is likely better than most webcams.
    No need to charge the webcam(!), easier to change angles without the use of a tripod, and you can actually see what you're doing on the monitor.. plus some phone cameras..they have this focusing problem that you can't disable -._-.