UPSB v4

Off-topic / Ghosts and Spirits?

1. Terrin
    Date: Tue, Sep 3 2013 13:25:30

Hiya Guys, I live in the UK and is widely known as a very spiritual country, my family say that stuff happens to me when I was young. So I just wanted to know: 1). Do you believe? 2). Have you had any experiences? NOTE: please be open minded. :D

2. Zelphus
    Date: Tue, Sep 3 2013 14:00:05

hi there Terrin. Oh yes,i do believe is spiritual beings,maybe spirits,angels,and female vampires which they also have a name that they have but don't wanna say it just because it is the Ghost's festival here and i don't want to incur any misfortunes or spiritual beings to disturb me. Anyway,i do have experiences with all these stuff.I think there was 2 experiences that i had when i was in the seventh and eighth grade(13 years old and 14 years old respectively),and it all happen at home.The first one was when i was 13 years old.I was showering at home when my brother(older than me)was also at home.He always used to play pranks on me that time that he would turn off the lights and i was like 'blind'.This time,when i was washing my hair,the lights when off and i shouted for he to turn on the lights and not play this stupid pranks anymore.But when i got is total silence.The lights came on a few seconds afer i shouted.When i asked my brother whether he had turned off the lights again when i was showering,and he said no.I could definitely trust him because he never lie to me.So,yeah.what do you think might have happen is all up to your imagination to go. The second one was at night when i was sitting on a sofa that faces the door of my house.i was playing with my phone that time.After a while when i looked at the door,i thought i saw a totally white 'being' that float very fast and swiftly towards a wall beside mt house door.You know,i totally freaked out,and i walked gently to the house door to take a look at 'what' is behind that wall.But guess what?Nothing.What really happened?After these 2 experiences,i didn't had anymore of such experiences.I also don't want to have anymore of them.Now i am in my ninth grade. I hope you enjoy looking thru this! ~Zelphus

3. Xienix
    Date: Tue, Sep 3 2013 15:50:17

1) not in spirits/ghosts but i think there is something simulair to ghosts/Spirits 2) nope

4. Terrin
    Date: Tue, Sep 3 2013 16:21:48

Zelphus wrote: hi there Terrin. Oh yes,i do believe is spiritual beings,maybe spirits,angels,and female vampires which they also have a name that they have but don't wanna say it just because it is the Ghost's festival here and i don't want to incur any misfortunes or spiritual beings to disturb me. Anyway,i do have experiences with all these stuff.I think there was 2 experiences that i had when i was in the seventh and eighth grade(13 years old and 14 years old respectively),and it all happen at home.The first one was when i was 13 years old.I was showering at home when my brother(older than me)was also at home.He always used to play pranks on me that time that he would turn off the lights and i was like 'blind'.This time,when i was washing my hair,the lights when off and i shouted for he to turn on the lights and not play this stupid pranks anymore.But when i got is total silence.The lights came on a few seconds afer i shouted.When i asked my brother whether he had turned off the lights again when i was showering,and he said no.I could definitely trust him because he never lie to me.So,yeah.what do you think might have happen is all up to your imagination to go. The second one was at night when i was sitting on a sofa that faces the door of my house.i was playing with my phone that time.After a while when i looked at the door,i thought i saw a totally white 'being' that float very fast and swiftly towards a wall beside mt house door.You know,i totally freaked out,and i walked gently to the house door to take a look at 'what' is behind that wall.But guess what?Nothing.What really happened?After these 2 experiences,i didn't had anymore of such experiences.I also don't want to have anymore of them.Now i am in my ninth grade. I hope you enjoy looking thru this! ~Zelphus
    hiya zelphus, thats really fascinating, the light thing could of been anything from a dodgy fuze to a poltergeist. the other one though is more fascinating usually if a spirit makes them selves visible to humans (as folk lore and legend has it) it means that they feel comfortable around you or your spirit i dont think it was there to hurt you but i also dont think thats its the last you will see. and since you were kind enough to share a story i thought i would aswell. ok so this revolves around my great grandmother, she died before i was born. so when i was a little boy, no more that 5 or 6 years old we lived in this house in a small village called terrington (off the topic my name originates from that village, "terrin"gton) in this very small house, so when i was little i used to talk to the wall and have full conversations with this one part of the house in my room, witch i claimed was nanny florrie ( my great grandmother) now my mum and dad are believers aswel, but they wernt frightened or scared, but i think that they were a bit skeptical of what was there (if anything ) one morning my uncle was round and had brought a tape of my great grandmother singing as they put it on i started singing the first lyric of the song, just before the recording started weird thing is i had never heard the song in my whole life ( the song was one that my great grandmother had wrote so it would of never been on a radio or TV program) and my family couldn't believe it and before they said anything i said "nanny florrie sang that to me last night" after that they believed me. also the sitting room was creepy and id never go in there alone and would kick up a massive fuss if i had to retrieve something. - Terrin \m/

5. neXus
    Date: Tue, Sep 3 2013 18:22:25

I don't know about ghosts but I do enjoy the occasional bottle of spirits.

6. astronaut
    Date: Tue, Sep 3 2013 19:16:38

1)No, because what you think are ghosts are actually demons:teach: 2)No, but i have watched plenty of TV shows Let there be quotes and mentions of this post;bring on the haterz

7. JackyMacky
    Date: Tue, Sep 3 2013 20:16:53

1) Kind of, not really. I won't deny their existence though. 2) Went to camp and our counselors decide to take us out at midnight for a "Nightwalk." We stopped at a camp fire already prepared and we decided to talk with the spirits and record it. So yea. The counselors started interrogating the said spirits and we manage to get something. Really faint whisper in the recording saying "Help meeeeee" "Pleeeeease." Idk whether or not I should believe. Maybe the counselors staged it before?? Prerecorded? Idk. But I was pretty freaked out. :E

8. Terrin
    Date: Tue, Sep 3 2013 20:46:47

JackyMacky wrote: 1) Kind of, not really. I won't deny their existence though. 2) Went to camp and our counselors decide to take us out at midnight for a "Nightwalk." We stopped at a camp fire already prepared and we decided to talk with the spirits and record it. So yea. The counselors started interrogating the said spirits and we manage to get something. Really faint whisper in the recording saying "Help meeeeee" "Pleeeeease." Idk whether or not I should believe. Maybe the counselors staged it before?? Prerecorded? Idk. But I was pretty freaked out. :E
    yeah sounds pretty fake, but always a possibility.

9. Soren
    Date: Tue, Sep 3 2013 21:08:44

How is the UK known as a spiritual country? This is the first time I've heard of this.

10. King
    Date: Tue, Sep 3 2013 21:56:23

neXus wrote: I don't know about ghosts but I do enjoy the occasional bottle of spirits.
    Ah yes. The Holy Spirit; aged to perfection.

11. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Sep 3 2013 22:05:38

1) No. 2) All experiences can be explained without the need for ghosts. Through occams razor, I can say with much certainty there were no ghosts or spirits.

12. [4-OH-4]
    Date: Wed, Sep 4 2013 03:19:24

no...i dont believe in them...at all...i just think its the wind.

13. Terrin
    Date: Wed, Sep 4 2013 03:42:10

eurocracy wrote: 1) No. 2) All experiences can be explained without the need for ghosts. Through occams razor, I can say with much certainty there were no ghosts or spirits.
    You can't really say that First of all, Occam’s Razor, termed by 14th Century logician and friar William of Occam, refers to a concept that states that "Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily." It was not intended to be used to evaluate claims of the paranormal as skeptics today use it for. and second, not everything can be proven right or wrong, usually a theory arises that can be debunked.

14. Terrin
    Date: Wed, Sep 4 2013 03:49:54

Supergirl wrote: How is the UK known as a spiritual country? This is the first time I've heard of this.
    what the?! seriously?! 1. Borley Rectory, Essex 2. Ancient Ram Inn, Gloucestershire 3. Pendle Hill, Lancashire 4. Berry Pomeroy Castle, Devon 6. Village of Pluckley, Kent 7. Athelhampton House, Dorset 8. Tower of London, London 9. Salmesbury Hall, Lancashire -just to name a few.

15. happywendigo
    Date: Sat, Dec 28 2013 10:24:48

1) Yes 2) not yet

16. beebop
    Date: Thu, Feb 13 2014 17:44:48

Bumping this old thread. 1) Yes 2) Most definitely. Tons of weird shit has happened like hearing voices of people when no one was home. My brother and I both hear these things together at the same time( and this probably happens because I tend to attract that type of attention.. dead people attention I guess). and many other instances if anyone has questions about this stuff or is skeptical, feel free to ask lol