UPSB v4

General Discussion / Left Handed Spinners

1. snoopy1218
    Date: Sun, Aug 25 2013 23:22:06

Hi guys. Sorry if this topic had been posted about before, but I couldn't find it so I just started a new one (if there is another one, I'll delete this thread on request). Anyways, being exclusively left-handed in spinning, writing, throwing, etc. I often find it hard to watch spinning tutorials and having to reverse them to fit my left hand schematic. A good example was when my friend was trying to teach me swivel and rex trick at school. I got the directions and starting positions wrong because we didn't realize the problem was my left hand orientation. After we fixed that, swivel is easier to nail, but rex trick is still an enigma. Anyways, feel free to comment on what your thoughts are about left handers (famous spinners that are lefties, learning new tricks, etc.)

2. Mystic
    Date: Sun, Aug 25 2013 23:35:08

Ive never had that problem before, personally.

3. spenpinner
    Date: Mon, Aug 26 2013 02:26:05

then just do the mirrored version of every trick you try to learn. But yeah I've never had that problem.

4. Xienix
    Date: Mon, Aug 26 2013 08:43:40

....I am lefthanded aswell but I spin with my right because that's were I learned my 1st trick with :P but yea if you really have trubble with learning lefthanded tricks then you can try to download tutorial and mirror it in a video editing program (i think windows moviemaker can do that aswell)

5. ChainBreak
    Date: Mon, Aug 26 2013 12:58:30

Lefthanded spinners are all using hax anyways so they're all good spinners. <_<

6. fang
    Date: Mon, Aug 26 2013 13:52:54

Ambidextrous, I don't have that problem! ;)

7. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Aug 26 2013 15:28:28

snoopy1218 wrote: famous spinners that are lefties
    supawit, fel2fram, leftfinger, sekai, Nz, MKSFT, thebloodgod, pen ninja... (i'm sure there's a lot more that i can't remember) xD it seems the proportion of pro spinners who are left handed is higher than expected if you have problems with tutorials, download them and then mirror :thumb:

8. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Aug 26 2013 15:58:10

i.suk wrote: supawit, fel2fram, leftfinger, sekai, Nz, MKSFT, thebloodgod, pen ninja... (i'm sure there's a lot more that i can't remember) xD it seems the proportion of pro spinners who are left handed is higher than expected if you have problems with tutorials, download them and then mirror :thumb:
    Does Mystic count in UPSB? xP

9. snoopy1218
    Date: Mon, Aug 26 2013 23:35:59

thanks guys. the mirroring video edit sounds like a wonderful idea lol ill try it as soon as I can c: