UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hello UPSB

1. Zen
    Date: Sat, Aug 17 2013 19:38:27

Hello All My name is Zen. i'm new in town. Ha Ha.(Refrence:: Just google it) I started the Graceful art of Pen Spinning just recently and already I have learned many tricks I just had a question, What are groups and how do you apply for each one? Regards, - Zen

2. astronaut
    Date: Sat, Aug 17 2013 20:37:47

:welcome: I like your name cause it means human in mandarin:). What tricks have you learned, have trouble learning, and what pen(s) do you spin?

3. JackyMacky
    Date: Sat, Aug 17 2013 20:42:35

astronaut wrote: :welcome: I like your name cause it means human in mandarin:). What tricks have you learned, have trouble learning, and what pen(s) do you spin?
    I thought it's Ren, not Zen. Anyways, welcome to UPSB.

4. Zen
    Date: Sat, Aug 17 2013 22:08:14

Ah well I did not know that. To answer your questions, I currently know the fundamentals and the around. I'm having trouble with the fingerpass reverse. I spin with my own personal mod. I really want a MPMX but I can't find a MSP or a Papermate PHD. I read in the V.3 forums I believe it was shoeman6 who said that the mp mech (Papermate PHD) can be subbed for a cheaper pen. Unfortunately there were no examples other than Double Action. If someone can give me an MSP or a double action pen it would go a long way for a wet toad like me Regards, -Zen

5. astronaut
    Date: Sat, Aug 17 2013 22:36:34

Mechanical pencils and retractable pens can be fragile if made by an unexperienced pen modder so you could start with something simpler like a regular RSVP MX or a metallic comssa. You can buy the parts here

6. Zen
    Date: Sat, Aug 17 2013 23:44:40

Ah it would appear that I am a inexperenced modder but. I have tons of experience. I have already modded a MX, a Waterfall and have familiarized myself with many of Tek's and Kam's mods. Sorry if it seems like I am attacking you, I really want a MPMX!!!!!!!! Regards, -Zen

7. Akashi
    Date: Sun, Aug 18 2013 07:42:59

Yeah it's rén Lol whut zen

8. Giotto
    Date: Sun, Aug 18 2013 13:13:14

Welcome to upsb:) what group do you mean?

9. Zen
    Date: Sun, Aug 18 2013 18:16:17

Giotto wrote: Welcome to upsb:) what group do you mean?
    I mean groups like Researchers, Moderaters, PS-Addicts and the like. But I think I should gain a little more popularity and try to grow out of a New Member.( By the way, seriously no one wants to give me a Double Action Mech, I really want the MPMX!!!!!) Regards, -Zen

10. fang
    Date: Sun, Aug 18 2013 19:21:38

Zen wrote: I mean groups like Researchers, Moderaters, PS-Addicts and the like. But I think I should gain a little more popularity and try to grow out of a New Member.( By the way, seriously no one wants to give me a Double Action Mech, I really want the MPMX!!!!!) Regards, -Zen
    Moderators are chosen, PS-adicts are based on post counts and Researchers are special members who got the job due their knowledge of penspinning in general! Welcome to UPSB, feel free to ask questions! ;)

11. Zen
    Date: Mon, Aug 19 2013 19:21:10

fang wrote: Moderators are chosen, PS-adicts are based on post counts and Researchers are special members who got the job due their knowledge of penspinning in general! Welcome to UPSB, feel free to ask questions! ;)
    Wow.I didn't expect a Moderater to answer my question. It seems the community is really nice. This strengthens my belief that UPSB is the best board out there. I had another question. I am thinking of starting a Trade thread and I was wondering if it was too soon to start one? Also what is a bump and would many people want RSVPs and G2s for G3s and HGGs?(I have many of them) Thanks, Zen

12. zej
    Date: Mon, Aug 19 2013 19:30:57

welcome Zen! :D our names sounds alike aren't they? :D haha. welcome again :XD::XD::XD:

13. Zen
    Date: Tue, Aug 20 2013 18:12:33

Thanks so much guys it really is nice to feel welcome:) Regards, Zen

14. fang
    Date: Wed, Aug 21 2013 17:17:47

Zen wrote: Wow.I didn't expect a Moderater to answer my question. It seems the community is really nice. This strengthens my belief that UPSB is the best board out there. I had another question. I am thinking of starting a Trade thread and I was wondering if it was too soon to start one? Also what is a bump and would many people want RSVPs and G2s for G3s and HGGs?(I have many of them) Thanks, Zen
    Hahaha, your talking like we are celebrities. xD You can make a tread thread anytime you want, but please be sure to read the rules (the rules include also stuff like Bumping) Although because you are new on the board, I am not sure if people would like to trade with you because you don't have any feedback and you are new, so the risk of trading with a scammer is high. If you are not sure, make sure to contact a moderator. ^_^

15. Zen
    Date: Fri, Aug 23 2013 19:56:58

fang wrote: Hahaha, your talking like we are celebrities. xD You can make a tread thread anytime you want, but please be sure to read the rules (the rules include also stuff like Bumping) Although because you are new on the board, I am not sure if people would like to trade with you because you don't have any feedback and you are new, so the risk of trading with a scammer is high. If you are not sure, make sure to contact a moderator. ^_^
    Ha, I guess I am, neverless you guys deserve to be treated as celebrities you guys help everyone and try to make this forum better. So I thank you Moderators and especially @kam. Oh and I guess you were right because no one wants to trade with me, only like two people gave me an offer I want to try to help people like you but don't know where to start or who needs help. Where should i start and how? Regards, Zen

16. Terrin
    Date: Sat, Aug 24 2013 00:40:34

Welcome bro :D \m/

17. fang
    Date: Fri, Sep 6 2013 13:53:17

Zen wrote: Ha, I guess I am, neverless you guys deserve to be treated as celebrities you guys help everyone and try to make this forum better. So I thank you Moderators and especially Zombo and kam. Oh and I guess you were right because no one wants to trade with me, only like two people gave me an offer I want to try to help people like you but don't know where to start or who needs help. Where should i start and how? Regards, Zen
    Sorry for the late reply. I would say, be active and be nice. Read the rules and if other people struggle with that, offer help. At least, that's what I do! ;)