UPSB v4

Off-topic / Help with Sound Recording: Preamp not recognized on mac

1. miyat
    Date: Thu, Aug 15 2013 02:46:38

So I just bought this to record with a condenser mic. (I know it's cheap) It says if I attach it to my laptop directly through usb it will show up in the sound settings on my macbook. I've tried this, the power is on and everything but it doesn't show up. I have no idea what is going on... I've searched. I got my macbook last year, could it not be compatable with the preamp? Help please tl;dr preamp is not showing up on computer, need help

2. Tentcell
    Date: Thu, Aug 15 2013 15:09:53

What version is your Mac OS?

3. miyat
    Date: Thu, Aug 15 2013 17:25:49

10.8.4 @Tentcell

4. Tentcell
    Date: Thu, Aug 15 2013 17:44:16

Hmm, is there any drivers for the device? Have you tried plugging it into different usb sockets?

5. miyat
    Date: Thu, Aug 15 2013 19:34:55

From the manual on pg 8. http://artproaudio.com/files/owners_manuals/om_tubemppsusb.pdf Mac OS10+: System Preferences => Sound. Choose: “USB Audio CODEC” for the input. I tried and I only see internal and line in. I tried recording with both on a program and neither of them record from the mic. @Tentcell T-T

6. Tentcell
    Date: Fri, Aug 16 2013 02:44:23

Yeah bro, I dunno. Not to familiar with Macs... If it was windows I'd be able to help more... Maybe make sure it's not disabled in the playback devices?