UPSB v4

Collaboration Videos / UPSB 2nd Collaboration Video

1. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 15:51:47

The "Official Collab" season started last month with SPSC, followed by TWPS and HKPSA and will continue with FPSB and GPC. Hope you enjoy this one :) As always, watch in HD 720p is recommended. [video=youtube;ZQ7HM6e8JI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ7HM6e8JI0&fmt=22[/video] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ7HM6e8JI0&fmt=22 (HD 720p) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ7HM6e8JI0 (Normal) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=73V1FDS2 (Download)

2. k-ryder
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 15:59:58

wow.... honestly, all of the combos were really interesting why am i always surprised by the talent in upsb??? two things: 1. penja, you used that same pen transfer you always use XP 2. shadow's hand outro was almost as long as the combo XD edit: forgot to mention that gland did a really nice job of the editing i like the minimalism of the video

3. taichi1082
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 16:35:23

The editing was so awesome... I really liked Vic, Shadow and Eriror (even though his combo was so long and repetitive). But Spinfo. What is this.

4. Prince
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 18:24:44

Nice, but can I just ask why the editor put 'erirornal kraione' opposed to eriror and 'shadow' opposed to shadowserpant? If you follow the theme of full name you should always do it?

5. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 18:56:44

shadowserpant wants to be called shadow.

6. Kirby
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 19:58:16

Editing was very nice, although I expected a longer collab. I felt that they're could have been more content.

7. VikroaL
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 19:59:16

Nice collab, I like the editing. I missed Baaron, Jamie Enns, Shonenbatman, blahblahting...but anyways it's a nice collab, I liked Eriror the most ^^

8. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 00:37:48

The editing was great. Sadly I felt it was okay only... I didn't get that feeling after watching epic collabs like Minovate 3rd and The Airtime. Missed a lot of the other UPSB great spinners like Chautran, Charlie, JE, Baaron and Shonenbatman.

9. blahblahting
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 00:42:06

what what, people miss me? o.o lol idk my entry for the collab sucked sucked though imo >< nice collab though :) nice editing too ;)

10. SpinFo
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 01:37:09

taichi1082 wrote: But Spinfo. What is this.
    What is what?

11. hoiboy
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 01:38:18

I'm surprised no one commented on the cleanliness of shadow's desk.

12. Kirby
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 02:18:04

My only suggestion would be less filtering, it was too short with too few spinners.

13. xSpin
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 03:33:52

Kirby wrote: My only suggestion would be less filtering, it was too short with too few spinners.
    4mins~ is the perfect length for collabs IMO.

14. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 03:36:48

I loved the shortness of the collab personally, although it did seem to lack some of our good spinners as was mentioned before. I am actually really happy how this turned out

15. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 04:04:17

Didn't JEB start the official collab thing?

16. +Guitrum+
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 04:33:38

i really only like shadow and vic... spinfo did the same thumbgrabbing thing and awesome did the same 1p2h kind of combo. not to say they werent good, but alittle variety from our previous collab would have been nice

17. Twine
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 04:34:00

Pretty nice collab, Didn't lkek the music choice at all though. Lost all of the vids epicness. I liked Vic, and Teotoko most of all. Eriror was too.. idk but I prefer his 1st try FS's

18. RR24
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 05:48:11

wow the music is retarded sounds like elevator music nice edit gland :) less filtering plz

19. Shadowserpant
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 07:15:45

k-ryder;18539]wow.... honestly, all of the combos were really interesting 2. shadow's hand outro was almost as long as the combo XD [/QUOTE] idk why i'm the only one with a fun thingy =_= it makes me feel stupid xD [QUOTE=hoiboy wrote: I'm surprised no one commented on the cleanliness of shadow's desk.
    no one cares about me anymore T_T but yeah. i moved. haha i wonder why my framerate sucks though... anyways i loved the collab, loved the music too, idk why people are tripping

20. walrus
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 13:10:11

A few comments on this Collab: The spinning wasnt anything special. Even vicgotgame and EK didnt impress me. The music seemed like a 10 elevator music being looped over and over again. Also, where is the sidebar? it wouldve looked much nicer like UPSB 1st. And the edting, (by gland) wasnt awesome either.... he did much better in other collabs such as TOPS #3- creativity. In general: UPSB 2nd Collaboration Video=fail.....IMO

21. chris
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 13:29:06

pretty much what Jan said. I can't seem to feel the epicness of the collab. also, (not that I'm all pro and stuff, w/c I am not) i think less filtering and more new spinners ought to be in the next collab or so. this is my 2 cents.

22. Enkronidus
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 13:52:40

I think the editing was fine, same with the music.[Well, if you've played Castlevania before.] It's definitely not fail, but more likely that it doesn't match with expectation. It's awesome for normal collab. But hey, we're talking about epic collab here. I have to agree that the collab didn't have a special look in it at all. It was almost perfect, but still, something was missing. Composition of the clips was great. I agree with Jan about the sidebar, though. Or maybe something more in the intro like in UPSB 1st. But probably only that. >_> The spinning was great. I still love the collab, anyways. >.>

23. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 14:15:45

Chautran, Charlie, JE, Baaron and Shonenbatman.
    chautran's video was way too choppy to present the others did not submit

24. xSpin
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 14:55:21

Jan wrote: A few comments on this Collab: The spinning wasnt anything special. Even vicgotgame and EK didnt impress me. The music seemed like a 10 elevator music being looped over and over again. [B]Also, where is the sidebar? it wouldve looked much nicer like UPSB 1st.[/B] And the edting, (by gland) wasnt awesome either.... he did much better in other collabs such as TOPS #3- creativity. In general: UPSB 2nd Collaboration Video=fail.....IMO
    Sidebar is overused and stupid. And the editing was fucking fine.

25. Gland
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 15:03:02

Shadowserpant wrote: i wonder why my framerate sucks though...
    the framerate of your video format is unreadable, probably it 60fps.. I've tried to converted it, doesn't matter in the end we have to use 30fps

26. Gisele 8
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 15:10:11

yay elevator music xD not bad but expected way better sorry Q_Q so many official collab atm :O bpsc 3rd coming soon too

27. Shadowserpant
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 17:23:39

Gland wrote: the framerate of your video format is unreadable, probably it 60fps.. I've tried to converted it, doesn't matter in the end we have to use 30fps
    yeah idk, my digital camera gives me issues. i've a better webcam now though.

28. Mage In Black
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 20:08:02

A nice solid collab by UPSB. I like it. It's not amazing, but it's a good collab nonetheless. A lot of nice moments. I liked the song as an intro but it didn't merge well with the actual spinning. And I liked the editing. Well done, subtle and simple. Nothing overly flash and gaudy like other collabs. Imo, people complaining about the less filtering were just upset they didn't get in. UPSB 2nd was much more interesting than some other boards' collabs. I would have filtered out one or two more people though... :] I'll try to send a video in next time for UPSB 3rd. Till next year. I'm sure I'll still be around by then.

29. Kirby
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 23:38:53

Actually I didn't even submit. You're wrong. Also so you basically want a 3 minute collab? No this wan't some mini shit, 1 or 2 MORE spinners (not less) would have made the collab better. EDIT: I failed to relize this was LITS?

30. hoiboy
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 00:19:27

Okay, some serious comments on the video: 1. The spinning itself wasn't exactly a great representation of the board. We were missing some talent, but there's not much we can do about that. 2. The editing was great. It was fancy, yet it didn't detract from the spinning. As xSpin said, sidebars really are overused. Good job Gland :). 3. The music choice was decent. I thought the intro was nice, but as the song moved into the "middle" parts, it stopped fitting the spinning. @Jan: Gland did a beastly job at editing. So what if it doesn't float your boat?

31. Eric
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 00:50:35

good collab, but IMO xzelph's and shadow's combo were lacking in difficulty except for the aerial bakfall thing and the wipers, respectively, i think the collab was kinda too short, filtered a lil too much, and music wasn't very suitable... but its still all right

32. Shadowserpant
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 05:28:58

Eric wrote: good collab, but IMO xzelph's and shadow's combo were lacking in difficulty except for the aerial bakfall thing and the wipers, respectively, i think the collab was kinda too short, filtered a lil too much, and music wasn't very suitable... but its still all right
    lol why does it have to be difficult?

33. Vaan
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 05:46:33

awesome collab with vic! ^_^

34. Mike
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 06:13:02

Jesus, you guys are so fucking picky as to what goes in to a collab. What did you expect, JEB status or something? The music was fine, I actually enjoyed it. Spinning is way better than I would ever do in a lifetime so no complaints too. I'm glad the sidebar was removed, it was actually quite annoying. I prefer UPSB 1st over 2, but you guys still did an amazing job, keep it up :)

35. Gr3gY
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 06:18:37

i like this. *no further comments*

36. k-ryder
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 08:37:26

.... as i said, i personally like the collab, though agreed, its not OMG JEB! EPIC! type of collab didn't we have the same problem last year with UPSB 1st??? quick question, does JEB have the same reaction when they see their official collabs? i would assume there will be one or two who will dislike the collab for whatever reason, but idk, having half the board dislike their collab seems a bit of an overreaction

37. Mage In Black
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 08:56:33

Hah, didn't mean to be so harsh. My bad. I've been told I'm quite blunt sometimes. I just don't see why people are complaining. I liked it. Definitely better than a lot of JEB collabs (but frankly, I haven't been keeping up). JEB just focuses on style, we have a nice multitude of talent. Oh and loved Vic's linkage. :] @Frip Just a side thing--but the girl in your sig looks better horizontal than she does right side up.

38. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 22:21:06

Twine wrote: Pretty nice collab, Didn't lkek the music choice at all though. Lost all of the vids epicness. I liked Vic, and Teotoko most of all. Eriror was too.. idk but I prefer his 1st try FS's
    Aww crud, I actually take 15 minutes to film and it sucks. :( It's mostly because I had to look at my hand now when spinning, because I was at a hotel when filming and there was no place to put my laptop in front of me without impeding my spinning area. My apologies. I'm very content with my combo though. I guess in hindsight UPSB 2nd was too soon after UPSB 1st, but I really didn't expect there to be such a huge negative feedback on the collab. The major problem was the lack of submissions, so if you're gonna complain, do that to the people who didn't send in a video. I loved the music myself, I don't see UPSB as an epic community, more something that's laid back and wants to have a good time spinning, so this music fits perfectly. Also, Joshua Morse for the win.

39. Kari-Chan
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 22:40:33

i like the intro and the music ^.^ loved vic and shadow's combo. so smooth!~ =D but shadow's nails.............. so long and... nailey? O.o

40. Pen Ninja
    Date: Thu, Sep 2 2010 00:55:29

difficulty is the backbone to any combo... you can only get so smooth, theres a limit... but to get better u need to learn herder tricks and linkages, then make them smooth... theres 5 month spinners who could do that combo, maybe minus the wipers, just not as smooth. make a good combo 1st, then work on presentation. ur combos r pretty, ill admit... but when thats all that ur showing in ur combo, it gets old and people get a little sick of it. when i look at a combo these days i dont look for presentation, i look for things that i couldnt do, because theyre too hard, not because im not that smooth

41. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Sep 2 2010 02:17:18

You can say the same about difficulty penja, you can only get so difficult but what makes art great is its aesthetic appeal, not how hard it is to reproduce. Just cuz someone looks at spinning a different way than you do doesn't mean they are worse cuz they don't do the power tricks you like to do. Everyone is so critical these days, its depressing to see how negative this board has become.

42. Pen Ninja
    Date: Thu, Sep 2 2010 10:20:52

i dont rly do power tricks tbh, difficulty doesnt only cover busts and hai tuas, difficulty includes difficult or tricky linkages. any1 can practice the same combo over and over til it looks sexy but u dont learn anything, trying over and over til u get a hard trick right: u learn something and get a little better at penspinning... rather than just getting a little better at a certain combo -.-

43. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Sep 3 2010 00:08:05

When can we expexct the "fun version" of the collab to be released? and was there a fun version of upsb 1st? cuz i couldnt find it

44. Pen Ninja
    Date: Fri, Sep 3 2010 00:11:54

there was no fun upsb 1st

45. Riley
    Date: Fri, Sep 3 2010 00:47:32

I think Shadow's was my favorite. They were all great though.

46. Shadowserpant
    Date: Fri, Sep 3 2010 07:30:37

Riley wrote: I think Shadow's was my favorite. They were all great though.
    Thank you ><

47. Gr3gY
    Date: Sat, Sep 4 2010 00:34:29

Gr3gY wrote: i like this. *no further comments*
    seriously, which ass gave me a bad rating for this? i've been getting bad ratings wherever i post. the childish person better stop this.

48. AoD1
    Date: Sat, Sep 4 2010 09:24:23

wait wait hold the phone i thought good spinners where supposed to be in it????? the only ones that i thought should be in there was vic and EK . yes you wont believe this but i actually like EK combo....shadow had a flashy combo and the others well lets just say the collab should have been made with more good quality spinners EX who i thought should have been in it was Vic,EK,walkingjacket,ISUK,jamie,teo,barron and shadow( because his style is appealing) so what i think of upsb2nd i think the video is trash and they should make a redo of upsb2nd..... but thats just me so you can dislike the post you can flame me but deep down it your heart you know this collab was PURE garbage.

49. JC
    Date: Sat, Sep 4 2010 10:43:10

AoD1 wrote: wait wait hold the phone i thought good spinners where supposed to be in it????? the only ones that i thought should be in there was vic and EK . yes you wont believe this but i actually like EK combo....shadow had a flashy combo and the others well lets just say the collab should have been made with more good quality spinners EX who i thought should have been in it was Vic,EK,walkingjacket,ISUK,jamie,teo,barron and shadow( because his style is appealing) so what i think of upsb2nd i think the video is trash and they should make a redo of upsb2nd..... but thats just me so you can dislike the post you can flame me but deep down it your heart you know this collab was PURE garbage.
    they didn't submit, it's not like we filtered them out what do you want us to do...? force people you happen to personally like to submit? -.-

50. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sat, Sep 4 2010 12:34:35

why am i not in ? (just kidding :p) imo the edit was very good, music was a cool choice too. GLAND did a great job with editing, i dont see any issue there. i was thinking there should be more spinners though, and we sorta lacked out many good spinners (probably they could be promised a spot in the collab and would be obliged to film for it) eriror and shadow were my favourite though. to those people who want to bitch about it not being as epic as JEB Collabs, comeon guys we are UPSB, we are more of a fun community, thats what the chatbox is all about these days, fun chat. if we were to be that serious in PS , we'd be already in wc10, so just chill and be happy. i admit the collab was not perfect, but problems like little submission are inevitable. tbh , ithink we should be glad with the organisers and the editor for the great job they've done and about the shadow's combo lacking difficulty, imo collabs are really more about visual appeal and style, so i dont really see any problems with that. furthermore, everyone goes for different things in spinning, we cant exactly compare things like that. like how some people think gisele 8 combos are ugly and stuff, look in another perspective, its actually really hard to spin like him ^^. peace out guys =)

51. Pen Ninja
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 07:12:48

vic and ek, all good, walkingjacket is good but his tricks just dont have the edge to them imo ISUK can power trick but the style is a little off and not really presentable for a board-wide collab jamie needed to be in it but didnt submit baaron is overdone =\ u realise i outrank most of those ppl via upsb tourney, even EK =\ theres no reason i shouldnt be inncluded, considering i was judged 2nd best on the board of which the collab is showcasing.

52. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 07:46:15

but ranking does not always mean that youll have a beast combo. You can have be #1 rank and still have a bad combo and not get into a collab. also the collab is not a showcase of the top spinners in upsb, its a showcase of UPSB and whoever can make it can make it. Logically a lot of the top ranked spinners will be in, but not all. Also while i admit your in a different level to me and lots of other spinners, you cant really say you outranked EK. both you and ek lost against vic so the ranking there is undefined. i also agree with awesome with his art analogy. You can only have so much hard linkages and difficulty moves, but you still need a balance of trick order and presentation to make the combo. You even admit that some spinners (isuk) have great difficulty but not enough style to be in the collab.

53. Shadowserpant
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 07:55:30

simply put, i don't ever put people down for having more difficulty than style. i just want some respect, really. i never said my combos were more difficult than anyone's, so i don't find it necessary to be told that a 5 month spinner could copy my combo. i work on things too. and i submitted. just lay off the hate. oh and for my framerate: http://cid-25e98595edcd80ea.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/shadowupsb2.wmv

54. Shadowserpant
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 17:23:48

Pen Ninja wrote: shadow says: why does it have to be difficult? to me this has the underlying message of: ur opinion of a combo needing to be hard is wrong, my combo does not need to be hard! so why do i get shit when i come back with an actual reason behind the idea that the combo should be difficult when he gets away with it because he put down another person's idea but he did it in a nice way
    uh, like i said, because im not putting anyone down. i didn't say "Combos shouldn't be hard, they should be smooth." i'm saying "Combos don't HAVE to be hard, they could be smooth, or hard, depending on what the spinner likes." How is that putting down anyone?

55. Awesome
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 18:23:50

Pen Ninja wrote: 1 person liked that post, 1 person disliked it, who r these people? why do they like or dislike it? how do i reply to their love/hate? are they supporting or disagreeing with everything or just some things? shadow says: why does it have to be difficult? to me this has the underlying message of: ur opinion of a combo needing to be hard is wrong, my combo does not need to be hard! so why do i get shit when i come back with an actual reason behind the idea that the combo should be difficult when he gets away with it because he put down another person's idea but he did it in a nice way sorry for the double post but no1 wld see it if i edited
    Are you really arguing this? like really? You insult him then you wonder why people don't react positively to you, then you get angry when he defends him self in a mature way. All we are asking is to be more open minded about spinning and realize there are several ways to approach pen spinning and all of them can produce diffrent, yet good in their own way combos. Anyway this is the collab topic, we should be saying Cool collab, I liked so and so's combo and so on. Not wondering why we get rated down, when we call one of our better spinners as good as a 5 month spinner, we are getting off topic and in a bad way. Can't we just all get along D:

56. miyat
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 21:48:51

I loved the editing Gland. I thought the music was fine. It wasn't great though. I enjoyed all the combos. In summary i enjoyed it. I don't think all this arguing is too good. sure constructive criticism is fine. But yeah some of the comment... I don't think the filtering was bad at all.

57. Dudak
    Date: Mon, Sep 6 2010 02:25:53

Pen Ninja;19896]u realise i outrank most of those ppl via upsb tourney, even EK =\ theres no reason i shouldnt be inncluded, considering i was judged 2nd best on the board of which the collab is showcasing.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Pen Ninja wrote: AOD said certain spinners should have been in the collab, who says those spinners would bring out an awesome combo just because they r who they r? ur saying just because some1 is ranked #1, doesnt mean every combo of his will be awesome. the same goes for jamie or baaron, who says they're combo would have been awesome, just because of who they r?
    Good job justifying yourself

58. VikroaL
    Date: Mon, Sep 6 2010 02:39:41

Come on guys, this arguing is just ridiculous and not necessary at all. The collab is already made. There has already been a filtering, an editing and an upload. UPSB 2nd exists, so stop bitching. Like Awesome said, this is the collab topic, we should be saying which combo we liked the most or how awesome shadow's (for example) smoothness is. Pen Ninja's opinion has already been stated, anyone else's too. So stop arguing because that's not appropriate for the board. As I've said before, the collab is already done. Like it or not, but it's done. If you like it, then watch it. If you don't, then just ignore it. I'm also an editor, and I know what if feels like when someone gives a harsh opinion like Pen Ninja's one, and I assure you it's not a good feeling. So keep calm and carry on~! :)

59. Pen Ninja
    Date: Mon, Sep 6 2010 02:54:06

would u expect a rank 50 to beat a rank 1 if u hadnt seen the combos? sure the rank 50 could have a better combo than the rank 1 in this instance but u wouldnt expect it. we didnt see a combo from jamie or baaron. their combos could have been better than vic's but we dont know. but since theyre rly a lower "rank" than vic... u wouldnt expect their combo to be better if u hadnt seen either combo as for my comments, they arent rly that much worse than every1 else saying the editing was crap, the filtering was all wrong, the music is horrible... some people r even coming out saying they didnt like whatever combo, just cause i gave a reason when i said i didnt like shadow's combo, every1s pissed

60. Frip
    Date: Mon, Sep 6 2010 03:01:44

You guys have got to be fucking kidding me :| Arguing over the people in the collab is pointless. Over mooncake in PSH, darcy in TWPS or me in GPC 2nd. There are reasons people are in collabs and thats it. If you don't like it then look away while the spinner's combo is up. ,,/,,

61. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Sep 6 2010 04:13:29

I'm not gonna' get into the argument but I'll add my views on the collab. I said before that I felt the collab wasn't very epic and I believe that UPSB collab should be epic. Firstly, there were discussions awhile before the sign ups were open about trying to show the PS world that UPSB has good spinners and not only EK and Vic. I remember most of us agreed that UPSB 2nd would be a good tool to show that off. It was to show off spinners that were great but weren't getting the respect that they needed like Penja, Baaron and JE. Also to help rising spinners well rise like AnonW, XYZaki and I.Suk. For the world to see that UPSB is not all fun, games and modding. This collab did show some new spinners but not the best of choices in my opinion. (no offence to anyone and not sure whether the others submitted so I won't talk about this anymore.) Secondly, there were many similar aspects of UPSB 2nd to UPSB 1st spinning wise. Though there was variations and new linkages in the combos of some of them, it gives the same vibe and feel to the combos as UPSB 1st. This doesn't really help show everyone that UPSB has great spinners at all. Also, I would say the combos should have a certain level of difficulty in them. I know people are saying that we're UPSB, a fun place but like the first reason said that discussion we had all agreed that we should UPSB 2nd to promote good spinning and there has to be a certain level or difficulty to that. We ehave the UPSB fun collab coming out to show the world that we are fun which everyone really knows. Just my thoughts.

62. AoD1
    Date: Mon, Sep 6 2010 08:59:31

Pen Ninja wrote: AOD: bitches about collab and lists popular spinners that shld have been in it im out, cya if u want me for WT
    a big fuck you to you, seriously.... you want to hear bitching il give u bitching. YOU suck sure you can do some fancy shit but in reality your pulling an eriror. you do the same fucking shit over and over. baks after baks after baks.That's like the only hard shit that you know, and u talk about popular spinners. i bet you half of the spinners on upsb dont even know who walkingjacket is, and as for you being in the WT.... we dont need your kind so il give another big FUCK YOU to you.

63. Gr3gY
    Date: Mon, Sep 6 2010 09:56:10

:facepalm: whats the point arguing here? the collab's alr out right. just deal with it and move on; and learn from what wasnt so good in this collab, so that we can improve future ones -.-

64. Pen Ninja
    Date: Mon, Sep 6 2010 14:01:47

havnt seen any baks from peem, does that mean busts and spreads r all he knows?

65. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Sep 13 2010 00:48:58

cleaned the thread a little bit, will continue to clean up later when I have stable internet. the discussion seems interesting but I haven't read it yet. however judging from the last few pages, there seems to be a misunderstanding that the filtering made the wrong decisions. in case you are not aware, the [B]COMPLETE[/B] list of submissions is posed in the sign-up thread, which is: [hide]awesome awonw blahblahting 2x catfish 1x fun 2x chautran chrips 3x fun 1x ellusion67 eric eriror gland fun x3 guitrum gupta hoiboy fun x1 jan Kari-chan fun x3 Magicman nachoaddict fun neoknux ninjaskillz pandamonium 2x pen ninja racha fun react 2x Shadow soapytape x2 + funx2 spinfo spinford springfield 2x teotoko vicgotgame Xzelph x4 zelkova 1x fun 1x[/hide] based on that, we made the best possible selection for the collab. the only voluntary omission is ChauTran, and thats because his camera was atrocious (something like 15FPS, shaky cam). so if anything, discuss WHY the good upsb spinners have not showed up and submitted a video. Ask whether its a voluntary decision to "boycott" the collab, or whether UPSB spinners simply don't have the time or care about official collabs. clearly we couldnt manage to put a lineup close to our best, so we'll have to revise our strategy. for the fun version, we are still looking for an editor

66. Kirby
    Date: Mon, Sep 13 2010 01:00:09

Where was Catfish or AwonW or Panda?

67. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Sep 13 2010 01:05:50

dont remember much about catfish, awonw and panda were certainly above average though relative to the rest of the entries, but maybe not exceptional enough to add depth to the collab and be worth the added time

68. catfish
    Date: Mon, Sep 13 2010 04:05:51

umm zombo i heard that you guys couldnt even view my video, was this true, im not complaining about me not being in the collab cuz i dont think i deserved to be in it anyway but im just curious

69. Twine
    Date: Mon, Sep 13 2010 08:48:29

I'm so gonna be in UPSB 3rd xD

70. mintypaladin
    Date: Tue, Sep 14 2010 05:03:47

if i could edit for crap, i would help edit the fun version i really hope my clip of spinning a sword makes it in the fun version

71. spinford
    Date: Tue, Sep 14 2010 19:20:30

the vid was aceptable but not too impressive. I liked the editing though

72. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 00:55:07

@catfish your vid worked fine

73. SJ
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 03:44:47

Wow. what the heck... this thread got a lil heated i see? About the collab, really nice editing, neat music (not all that great after the first minute or two though), intro a bit long combos were good as far as I can tell. vic's was outstanding imo. great job to everyone that submitted. I do think this collab could've been better, but it's still awesome as is. People's standards have risen too much lol and about that difficulty issue... i think it's nice to have some difficulty but being smooth is more important. cuz if it doesnt look good, difficulty doesnt mean shit. but on a different note, not having any difficulty but being smooth isnt all that great either. there needs to be a balance. and wtf is all this rank talk? my goodness, just drop it. i really hope some of the people become a little modest at least.

74. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 05:19:55

@SJ I agree looking good (visual appeal) is the most important criteria, especially for a collab, but at an elite level, most people have very solid technical foundations so their execution is always near perfect. smoothness isn't a factor anymore it's like implicitly good so people are aiming higher at other things.

75. Twine
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 05:41:24

Talking about smoothness vs difficulty: I find that in collabs aesthetics are the main focus and collab are more based around style where as there in tournament spinning which is based of a difficult combo. Eg. If I may use some spinner's names, people like Eban, Seven, Ease and Shadow (INB4 JEB fanboy) are amazing spinners for collabs but their spinning isn't as suited for tournaments (except maybe Seven). Then there are the tournement spinners which have a lot more difficulty in power and linkages but may not look as nice in a collab such as Eriror, Spinnerpeem and Fratleym (sp?). TL;DR There are 2 types of spinners. Collab and tournament. Anyway, hopefully you all get my point.

76. fang
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 06:50:04

I think eriror is both, a collab and a tournament spinner. but I get your point! :P

77. Twine
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 07:08:20

Well yea he's just awesome in general xD

78. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 11:42:08

@Twine difficulty doesn't mean it doens't look good, the point of using difficulty is to create beauty from it, if you use difficulty and it doesn't make any impact then its meaningless, so in the end the goal is still the same. the difference is that in tournament, you look for a beauty which is created from many different criteria, so you need to be versatile as a spinner, but in the end it all comes down to appeal.

79. Mage In Black
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 00:37:00

You have a point, Zombo. But imo, fratleym's use of difficulty creates no beauty but rather uglifies (I know it's not a word...) his combo, yet he is still a very popular spinner.

80. mhig
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 02:13:25

there are multiple views toward fratleym's style and how he implements difficulty into his combos being visually appealing or not. because of that and also the fact that he has also pioneered with some pretty difficult concepts it has helped him to gain popularity, the fact that he could do such difficult concepts but still keep his style.

81. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 04:16:51

Mage In Black wrote: You have a point, Zombo. But imo, fratleym's use of difficulty creates no beauty but rather uglifies (I know it's not a word...) his combo, yet he is still a very popular spinner.
    if you take out his diff, fratleym doesn't have much left (no offense), thats his core, so if you think it looks good then you like him otherwise you hate him...

82. Mage In Black
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 05:24:43

Zombo wrote: if you take out his diff, fratleym doesn't have much left (no offense), thats his core, so if you think it looks good then you like him otherwise you hate him...
    Mmmm, good point, zombo. Hadn't realized that. You too, mhig. :]

83. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Nov 27 2010 00:12:07

An update on the fun collab please?

84. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Nov 27 2010 00:33:22

Guitrum is in charge of it