UPSB v4

Linkages & Combos / Mindset for Freestyling?

1. Dern Goid
    Date: Tue, Jul 23 2013 01:05:32

hey guys, I wanted to ask you experienced spinners what is the mindset you have when you are doing a freestyle, in other words what do you do to know which trick to do next and to do it smoothly and without pausing. I'm a newb spinner and I don't quite understand that. :spin: Hope to hear from you guys!! [B][COLOR="blue"]- Dern Goid[/COLOR][/B]

2. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Jul 23 2013 01:18:36

I can pick up a pen and just spin it without much thought at all but I will only do tricks and linkages I have mastered. If you keep on spinning and try to film combos you will get it soon enough. Once you do tricks enough your hands learn them and you don't need to think about it anymore.

3. Dern Goid
    Date: Tue, Jul 23 2013 01:25:00

Awesome wrote: I can pick up a pen and just spin it without much thought at all but I will only do tricks and linkages I have mastered. If you keep on spinning and try to film combos you will get it soon enough. Once you do tricks enough your hands learn them and you don't need to think about it anymore.
    OK, so your saying that after doing linkages over and over, you just kinda do it automatically? also how much time have you been spinning? thanks !

4. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Jul 23 2013 03:02:49

I've been spinning for 5 years but it took me 3-6 months to develop some semi-smooth linkages. A year and a half until I was comfortable and confidant in my spinning.

5. Terrin
    Date: Sun, Aug 11 2013 23:37:55

ive been spinning for about three years now, from youtube mostly and decided to make an account on here, and i know im not the most advanced of spinners, but i know that when spinning you develop a flow, there for you dont need to know what comes next, what happens happens :D