UPSB v4

General Discussion / How long have you been spinning for?

1. Dern Goid
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 18:32:16

Hey guys! My question for you guys is, how long have you been spinning for and what level (beginner, intermediate, advanced) do you consider yourself? also leave us with some stories (PS relaeted) you would like to share :) Looking forward to hearing from you guys! -Dern Goid :spin:

2. Leigun
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 19:10:21

About 4 years ago a classmate came and showed me a trick and then I looked on youtube and I liked it a lot and I started relatively quickly and I learned the basic tricks and after 3 months after I discovered pen spinning until a month ago I have not grabbed pen and now I've started again and try hard tricks like double reverse charge, twisted sonic multiple bust consider myself somewhere between advanced begginer and I have a pretty combo nice and fast and I learn interesting style but do not know why but I feel that as we had a date I can not practice like I have no motivation and it pisses me off! I think something like an idea to me come to practice with motivation and pleasure!

3. Dern Goid
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 19:15:27

Leigun wrote: About 4 years ago a classmate came and showed me a trick and then I looked on youtube and I liked it a lot and I started relatively quickly and I learned the basic tricks and after 3 months after I discovered pen spinning until a month ago I have not grabbed pen and now I've started again and try hard tricks like double reverse charge, twisted sonic multiple bust consider myself somewhere between advanced begginer and I have a pretty combo nice and fast and I learn interesting style but do not know why but I feel that as we had a date I can not practice like I have no motivation and it pisses me off! I think something like an idea to me come to practice with motivation and pleasure!
    Ahh Awesome!! I started about 2 weeks ago :) soo yeah I'm a NEWB :P I always new Penspinning existed, but never new what it was called, but like 2 weeks ago I ran into a video that showed how to do the twisted sonic, and I started from there :) :thumb:

4. Leigun
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 19:30:14

I have a great tip for you to not do my mistake! Learn all the tricks to master them Learn reverse of all this tricks Even if you do not feel like practicing a minimum of 2 hours with small breaks water etc ... After you have learned perfectly normal and reverse tricks you can grab the twisted sonic bust 12-12 shadow, neobak, normal and reverse double charge! At first i do not learn charge reverse and now I can't continue some combos because of this it is important to learn the reverse of all tricks!: D

5. Dern Goid
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 19:33:30

Leigun wrote: I have a great tip for you to not do my mistake! Learn all the tricks to master them Learn reverse of all this tricks Even if you do not feel like practicing a minimum of 2 hours with small breaks water etc ... After you have learned perfectly normal and reverse tricks you can grab the twisted sonic bust 12-12 shadow, neobak, normal and reverse double charge! At first i do not learn charge reverse and now I can't continue some combos because of this it is important to learn the reverse of all tricks!: D
    Alright Thanks for the tip :) see ya around :)

6. Sekai
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 20:35:42

2,5 years level pro(?)

7. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 20:41:02

Nearly 2 years and advanced. From my personal experience don't be afraid to go down a path that nobody else does, that's how I got my style of spinning, even if some think it is ugly ^^.

8. Soren
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 21:09:57

3 years and a half, intermediate

9. Alex
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 21:17:14

Im two year spinner and a newfag anyways....Im a disgrace.....

10. Dern Goid
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 21:53:56

Sekai;264372]2,5 years level pro(?)[/QUOTE] of course, PRO!! LOL i'm a NEEWB haha [QUOTE=eurocracy;264373]Nearly 2 years and advanced. From my personal experience don't be afraid to go down a path that nobody else does, that's how I got my style of spinning, even if some think it is ugly ^^.[/QUOTE] Awesome :) And thanks for the tip :D [QUOTE=Supergirl wrote: 3 years and a half, intermediate
    3 years and a half and intermediate? are you sure you didn't mean PRO? :p

11. Dern Goid
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 21:56:25

eurocracy;264373]Nearly 2 years and advanced. From my personal experience don't be afraid to go down a path that nobody else does, that's how I got my style of spinning, even if some think it is ugly ^^.[/QUOTE] Awesome :) And thanks for the tip :D [QUOTE=Supergirl wrote: 3 years and a half, intermediate
    3 years and a half and intermediate? are you sure you didn't mean PRO? :p

12. Dern Goid
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 21:57:27

Supergirl wrote: 3 years and a half, intermediate
    3 years and a half and intermediate? are you sure you didn't mean PRO? :P

13. Soren
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 22:14:22

Dern Goid wrote: 3 years and a half and intermediate? are you sure you didn't mean PRO? :P
    Haha lol. I don't have a schedule for spinning, I just spin whenever. So I don't progress as much as I don't really practise linkages and combos.

14. Dern Goid
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 22:31:24

Supergirl wrote: Haha lol. I don't have a schedule for spinning, I just spin whenever. So I don't progress as much as I don't really practise linkages and combos.
    ahh I understand, well its cool :)

15. Shiftyei
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 23:04:59

About a year and a few months now and I feel intermediate. The key is to just keep learning new tricks and be VERY persistent ^.^ Good luck with the spinning carreer =)!!!

16. astronaut
    Date: Thu, Jul 11 2013 22:26:21

@Zombo How long have you been spinning? Has it been more than 10 years? About 2 years, but nobody on UPSB has seen me spin yet:sofa:. My first 4-6 months were really slow, I used a BIC mod and pencil with rubber bands so I spun like a 1 year spinner. I am also terrible at modding, I messed up making a MSXA twice out of three times:banghead:

17. KoZmiKSpinner13
    Date: Thu, Jul 11 2013 23:44:01

spinning for almost a year. 7 months spinning i think. i started in december last year. my friend showed me pen spinning and i learned thumbaround and later stopped until december of last year.

18. wotu1
    Date: Fri, Jul 12 2013 00:32:54

Like 2.8 years. Damn I'm behind in skill level

19. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Jul 12 2013 02:11:28

15 years although im not really spinning that much

20. Dern Goid
    Date: Fri, Jul 12 2013 22:53:25

Shiftyei;264392]About a year and a few months now and I feel intermediate. The key is to just keep learning new tricks and be VERY persistent ^.^ Good luck with the spinning carreer =)!!![/QUOTE] ahh ok :), and thanks !! [QUOTE=astronaut;264574]@Zombo How long have you been spinning? Has it been more than 10 years? About 2 years, but nobody on UPSB has seen me spin yet:sofa:. My first 4-6 months were really slow, I used a BIC mod and pencil with rubber bands so I spun like a 1 year spinner. I am also terrible at modding, I messed up making a MSXA twice out of three times:banghead:[/QUOTE] you should make a vid, I would love to see you spin :D , I grabbed a random BIC pen and threw some grips and rubber bands and stuff on, pretty much everything I could find :xd: [QUOTE=KoZmiKSpinner13;264579]spinning for almost a year. 7 months spinning i think. i started in december last year. my friend showed me pen spinning and i learned thumbaround and later stopped until december of last year.[/QUOTE] ahh great :D ! [QUOTE=wotu1;264581]Like 2.8 years. Damn I'm behind in skill level[/QUOTE] quite some time! I'm pretty sure you must be able to pull some pretty cool tricks off :P , 2.8 years is quite a while! [QUOTE=Zombo wrote: 15 years although im not really spinning that much
    15 years! Wow that is AWESOME!haha

21. Sekai
    Date: Sat, Jul 13 2013 04:37:25

Dern Goid wrote: of course, PRO!! LOL i'm a NEEWB haha
    Haha, aun asi es interesante ver hispano-hablantes no espaƱoles haciendo pen spinning lolol

22. Alex
    Date: Sat, Jul 13 2013 05:16:23

Im pretty sure most pen spinners are either Asian, or Hispanic...

Sekai wrote: Haha, aun asi es interesante ver hispano-hablantes no espaƱoles haciendo pen spinning lolol

23. Dern Goid
    Date: Sat, Jul 13 2013 19:39:15

@Alex yea, very rare, most are asian. I'm thinking about promoting pen spinning here in mexico :)