UPSB v4

Battlezone / SuperVValrus vs Tommy

1. SuperVValrus
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 03:24:48

SuperVValrus: [video=youtube;hiDd4paEEWA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiDd4paEEWA[/video] Tommy: [video=youtube;_tXyzng9C-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tXyzng9C-o&feature=youtu.be[/video] Vote!

2. JakeSpins
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 03:52:46

Although I can't vote for some reason, I'd have to go with SuperVValrus. His combo seemed more smooth and controlled, although slower. The speed did not bother me. Every trick flowed well together and were perfectly executed, no mistakes. Tommy's seemed a bit uncontrolled, almost as though he was perpetually trying to keep control of the pen. Also, he never seemed to spin from the center of the pen, it always seemed a little off balance, which strikes me as aesthetically displeasing. But I'm just a beginner, so who knows if what the fuck I'm saying is even good criticism.

3. Alex
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 04:03:24

I voted for Tommy.....because he is my Facebook friend.....and he asked me to vote for him.....:trollface:

4. LighT*
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 04:06:25

as much as i love both combos very much, my vote goes to @Tommy 's combo very much though. however, great job to the both of yous. Im always impressed to see what some spinners can do and bring.

5. Tigres
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 04:15:34

[B]JEB JUGDE REFERENCE[/B] Sorry for essay, feedback and I will do this for every battle happening in this board. Tommy Variety: 68/100 Execution: 70/100 Presentation: 65/100 Total: 203 SuperWalrus Variety: 59/100 Execution: 75/100 Presentation: 70/100 Total: 204 Comments [B]Tommy[/B]: Ma man, well done combo I should say. The starting was good enough, and the finisher was decent. However, there were some execution errors during 0:14-0:15 second mark. The error is very easily spotted and costed you fairly low execution points. Your style has developed in a short time and there were links where I find interesting. In my opinion, find a pen that is slightly lighter, for higher execution and development in style. Your links are decent so I wouldn't worry about it for now. [B]SuperWalrus[/B]: I remember you when I battled you, and you have been better in a short time(or you were hiding it from me...hehe). The clean environment is good, and you have some decent execution....but not speed. Your speed should definitely be faster if you want to "work on style this year". I think you were trying to be Kr4zy from BPSC(if I am right) speed, but your links and speed wouldn't fit nicely(IMOIMOIMO). Decent difficulty, especially on the finisher consisting the powerpass and spreads. The offcam during the midbaks were a bit painful, but I'm sure you can get better.

6. Go_spin
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 05:05:09

super vvalrus !!! =D

7. Demotaiz
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 05:18:01

Dat finisher...@SuperVValrus

8. Reason
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 05:22:13

superwalrus was very smooth as always, generally well executed (though i saw a couple mistakes), and displayed a nice variety of difficult tricks. also, his slow movement complimented the difficult tricks and made them easier to see. tommy's combo had some interesting links, but seemed to be lacking in execution. you had a more developed style too. id have to vote for superwalrus because he displayed more variety and better execution. aside from this, he has an attribute that some would find desirable in his spinning. it seems almost effortless and natural. tommy has great potential though, and seems to be going in a whole different direction than superwalrus. great job to both EDIT: @Alex ...why dude? :facepalm:

9. Utkarsh
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 06:02:26

What's with that ' I'll slomo without a high speed camera? ' Lol tommy had some genuine links. But supervvalrus went like a13x in wt13. :facepalm: I voted for you @Tommy

10. PERSIST
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 07:37:05

@SuperVValrus wins imo. Smooth, smooth, smooth.

11. 20%
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:52:51

well. this is close battle :whut: winner imo is Tommy comment: SuperVValrus, really smooth :o i like. but kind of too slow for me. good job though :clap: Tommy, like speed. good linkages. nice job :clap: you two are really good :D

12. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:54:43

@Tommy SuperVValrus isn't impressing me with links I have seen before and semi-flashy moves, it doesn't help that his slow style means he doesn't execute a lot of tricks. Neither of your styles is perfect, and I think it's not fair to say super is more smooth when he does make errors, their execution is on par. Style wise you both need development. Super you need to reconsider your style, it looks lazy and monotonoud at the moment. Tommy keep that hand still and get better control, and you'll be like i.suk. Vote goes to Tommy though for more impressive links.

13. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 12:06:08

from less strict interpretation of WT criteria exec: superwalrus 3.5/5 (mistake in midbaks cost you, otherwise pretty nice smoothness), tommy 3/5 (quite a lot of minor-ish mistakes but nothing large enough to warrant lower mark) diff: superwalrus 3/5 (decent trick difficulty but linkage was non-existent, one flush sonic doesn't count as a linkage), tommy 3.5/5 (some nice links) cr: superwalrus 2/5 (spiderspin > sp5 was a nice touch), tommy 2.5/5 (nice use of pd around rev) pres: superwalrus 2.5/5 (not a fan of combo structure used, starting sequence added nothing, lacking in links, smoothness is very good but it should have more character/impact, nice camera though), tommy 3/5 (some repeated/very similar linkages used, could do with more variety in trick selection, pacing is decent except for mistake, maybe refilm next time or change breakdown) total: superwalrus 11, tommy 12 --> +1 tommy close battle side note: superwalrus is really smooth, but the smoothness doesn't add to a feeling of stability/control since it doesn't feel natural or add to impact for me, if you'd spun at your usual slightly faster pace it'd be better --> even if there was no mistake in the midbaks, this is miles off what i perceive 'perfect execution' (or at least perfect pacing) to be perfect execution isn't just about having no mistakes in control, it should also serve to emphasise certain parts of the combo/linkages from changes in pace, subtle or distinct hand/finger motions etc (e.g. some combos of HAL, mesi) <-- IMO SO DON'T KILL ME (and yes, this means i disagree with certain previous and/or future posts in this thread, and it means i think very few spinners/combos have 'perfect' execution) although in making stuff look effortless, superwalrus is undoubtably better in this battle

14. Solar
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 13:00:32

nice combo of u SuperVValrus

15. Alex
    Date: Fri, Jun 28 2013 00:24:12

Reason wrote: superwalrus was very smooth as always, generally well executed (though i saw a couple mistakes), and displayed a nice variety of difficult tricks. also, his slow movement complimented the difficult tricks and made them easier to see. tommy's combo had some interesting links, but seemed to be lacking in execution. you had a more developed style too. id have to vote for superwalrus because he displayed more variety and better execution. aside from this, he has an attribute that some would find desirable in his spinning. it seems almost effortless and natural. tommy has great potential though, and seems to be going in a whole different direction than superwalrus. great job to both EDIT: [B]@Alex ...why dude? :facepalm:
    [/B] Because I like Tommy. And I don't really know SuperVValrus. Besides, I like to Bias the results :D

16. Season
    Date: Sat, Jun 29 2013 02:19:16

SuperVValrus definitely won