UPSB v4

Linkages & Combos / Linking Normal and Reverse tricks

1. Boxxy
    Date: Fri, Jun 21 2013 22:01:46

This is something I've thought of for a while and it is how do you link a normal pass trick and a reverse pass trick. The answer was simple. Go from palm down to palm up and vice versa for reverse to normal. I give demonstrations with twisted sonic

2. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Jun 23 2013 07:43:47

All spinners do this.

3. Ecnunn
    Date: Sun, Jun 23 2013 13:46:38

I cant open the link, but from your description, im pretty sure that technique is already being used by spinners

4. Boxxy
    Date: Tue, Jun 25 2013 00:24:20

@eurocracy I'm pretty sure it's used a lot as well, but I posted this for people who are beginning to do combos.

5. Ecnunn
    Date: Tue, Jun 25 2013 01:13:59

Oh, okay. i thought you were suggesting something new. this is rlly great to share, i'm a 7 month spinner and only just recently figured this technique out a short while ago, I wish there was a post like this that could've helped me learn it sooner xD. So thanks for sharing this then, I agree, it is rlly useful for combos.

6. XenoGeneiken
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 15:11:33

Thanks for this. I always wanted to know what kind of trick the spinner I know does in his combo videos, didn't know it was a technique of linking normal and reverse by switching the direction the palm is facing.

7. Lantz
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 20:33:01

TO my mind this theme is wrongly forgotten. Frankly speaking I was trying to get the way of linking normal and reverse Sonics smoothly for the last few days in a vain. From the very beginning, when I wasn't able to performe reverses, I wondered how I would change the direction of mod's movement without stops. I thought it might become clear by the day I'd learn revs., but time has come and that's still a mistery. Unfortunately the video above doesn't help neither. When I start Charge and Sonic reverse with palm down, it continues to rotate the same way with palm up. I mean, I can stop the movement of the mod for a second to change direction, but it looks bad. I guess I do something wrong as I can't find any info about this problem in internet, but can't figure out what. Maybe you can advice any video with spinners doing that in slow-mo or something.

8. MPC
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 20:55:29

@Lantz Learn some Japanese motion. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8TGw_oKwDs

9. Lantz
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 21:22:05

MPC wrote: @Lantz Learn some Japanese motion. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8TGw_oKwDs
    Wow, that's some advanced stuff, I am too far away from doing such things for now. Though 0:20-0:25 seem to be helpful in my case! As soon as I would get my pen - would watch this more careful, thank's for your tip! That's the kind of video, which I wanted to ask for.

10. MPC
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 21:33:33

Yeah @Lantz it's too advanced for me too. I am trying to learn it though. Here's my fave way to go from norm to rev without a direction change (if you have all these tricks): do a tw sonic in palm side position, then straight into an index bakaround. Instead of catching the bak in T1, carry it through into an inverse sonic rev. SuperVValrus does it right at the start of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igkZUbmeKPk