UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Pseudo arounds

1. RPD
    Date: Mon, Jun 17 2013 18:16:48

Hm, an hybrid i've been practicing for some time and i really like. Poor tutorial, sorry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoXV4PGvS04 [video=youtube;KoXV4PGvS04]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoXV4PGvS04[/video]

2. LighT*
    Date: Mon, Jun 17 2013 18:35:02

really intresting concept and nice loinkages, i like it :D!!!

3. Walkaz
    Date: Mon, Jun 17 2013 18:50:41

wa niceee not difficult too, great stuff!!

4. RPD
    Date: Mon, Jun 17 2013 19:22:07

it seems like some people also called it neoaround. then forget my name :(

5. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Jun 17 2013 20:40:51

I was watching on my phone so I may be wrong. What came to mind with these is 'Halfspin', which is an around 0.5 -> sonic 0.0 Edit: Ohhh, I see now, I've done something like it, it's very similar to a halfspin Double Edit: Actually I think they are mirrored halfspins.

6. RPD
    Date: Mon, Jun 17 2013 22:53:40

i dont like halfspin name, nor sonic 0.0. but nevermind. even using that name, its not a mirrored halfspin. this is around 0.25 ~ around 0.25 and yours is around 0.5 (?, shouldnt it be 0.25?)~fingerswitch the motion can be similar, but as the notation is not the same, in some cases, both tricks wont be the same.

7. SA1
    Date: Mon, Jun 17 2013 23:56:52

@RPD is this it? am I doing it right? [video=youtube;3cjHoVrK0zM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cjHoVrK0zM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

8. RPD
    Date: Tue, Jun 18 2013 00:25:30

the first one is a pseudo around. The second one is a bit unclear, because this trick can be easily confused with shadows. Thanks for filming it @SA1 , people practicing things by my tutorials make me happy <3

9. SA1
    Date: Tue, Jun 18 2013 01:09:27

RPD wrote: the first one is a pseudo around. The second one is a bit unclear, because this trick can be easily confused with shadows. Thanks for filming it @SA1 , people practicing things by my tutorials make me happy <3
    they are all the same trick, thanks for posting the tut!

10. spenpinner
    Date: Tue, Jun 18 2013 03:29:26

kind of a palm-down knuckle spin. EDIT: Palm-down

11. RPD
    Date: Tue, Jun 18 2013 13:23:03

spenpinner wrote: kind of a palm-up knuckle spin.
    In my tutorial, none of the links are palm up, nor spinning in the knuckle... RPD is confused ~.~

12. spenpinner
    Date: Tue, Jun 18 2013 14:34:11

RPD wrote: In my tutorial, none of the links are palm up, nor spinning in the knuckle... RPD is confused ~.~
    Palm-down, excuse me. But let me explain my reasoning. In order to do what you did the pen does have to do a .5 rotation with a tipped charge so it does not rotate on top of the hand like a shadow making it rotate on the knuckle while using upward momentum to keep the pen from falling. When done palm-up it would be the same as spinning the pen on the knuckle (and again sorry i meant to say palm-down)

13. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Jun 18 2013 16:45:03

@spenpinner You really should learn notation, because that's not true at all...

14. spenpinner
    Date: Mon, Jun 24 2013 05:45:02

@eurocracy (learn this, jack-ass) KEY: R = RSVP MX BEGIN //{H L} {P R} 1) (B + A) 2.o 3.i - 1.b 2.t 3.b 4.t 2) (B + A) 1.b 2.t 3.b 4.t - 1.o 2.f 3.b 4.i 3) 1.o 2.b 3.t 4.i //change in position of non-holding fingers 4) A T.f 1.f 2.b 3.t 4.i 5) (B + A) T.f 1.f 2.b 3.t 4.b 6) T.f 1.b 2.f 3.i //Change in position of non-holding fingers 7) A T.f 1.f 2.b 3.t 4.b - 1.b 2.t 3.b 4.t END NOTE: GOOD LUCK FINDING OUT WHAT THIS MINI COMBO IS!!!! also what I said is true. Yes he did say it does a .25 revolution around the mid finger and following with .25 revolution around the index which I agree with. What I am saying is that if you were to do this trick palm-up then it would do a .5 rotation on top of the curled middle finger and land back into the 12 slot. When done palm-up the knuckle rotation is rushed as well as an upward thrust of the hand is executed because it cannot rest on top of the middle finger as gravity is pulling it down (similar to a palm-down around).

15. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Jun 24 2013 16:04:02

spenpinner;262885]@eurocracy (learn this, jack-ass) [B]KEY: R = RSVP MX BEGIN //{H L} {P R} 1) (B + A) 2.o 3.i - 1.b 2.t 3.b 4.t 2) (B + A) 1.b 2.t 3.b 4.t - 1.o 2.f 3.b 4.i 3) 1.o 2.b 3.t 4.i //change in position of non-holding fingers 4) A T.f 1.f 2.b 3.t 4.i 5) (B + A) T.f 1.f 2.b 3.t 4.b 6) T.f 1.b 2.f 3.i //Change in position of non-holding fingers 7) A T.f 1.f 2.b 3.t 4.b - 1.b 2.t 3.b 4.t END NOTE: GOOD LUCK FINDING OUT WHAT THIS MINI COMBO IS!!!![/B][/QUOTE] You made that all up, seeing as you wrote it in my notation system, which isn't complete. You also strangely seem to be combining (incorrectly) my finger location notation and have misused selectors. So okay, let's go over the massive mistakes you've made in this pseudo-notation in your attempt to act like you understand CSN before I have finished writing it up! Starting with selectors, because I have written that up. Both selectors must exist in each state. Why? To split apart the notation of the hand and the pen. You need to notate everything about the hand and everything about the pen in CSN for it to be correct. This is needed to achieve the goals of CSN made out in its premise, which I suggest you read again. What is even funnier is that you have included Hexbinmos' notation system, in CSN. CSN is a trickless notation, and you're applying a minimalist trick based notation to it. This is the messiest, worst attempt at looking smart with notation I have ever seen, you've taken the worst parts of each notation system, and combined them. Why? Nonetheless, I will go over what you have notated, even if it's likely to make little sense: 1) (B + A) 2.o 3.i - 1.b 2.t 3.b 4.t Right, hexbinmos notation, (A+B) is a Half tipped charge and a fingerswitch (also called a pass). I can only assume you used a hybrid of mine and F2F's system, so you are in a flush sonic position (Back of 2, top of 3). If you're not hybriding you're using the fingertips (uh, impossible). 2) (B + A) 1.b 2.t 3.b 4.t - 1.o 2.f 3.b 4.i And you seem to be hybriding F2F's notation at the first part of the finger location notation and then sticking to mine at the second. This is very strange and I'm afraid I can't understand if you switch notation systems halfway through. You seem to be doing another pass, but I can't decipher if you're making up gibberish like that. I'm not going to continue. Stop pretending to know notation by sending me a chunk of blabber that mixes completely different systems together and changes them midway. [QUOTE=spenpinner wrote: also what I said is true. Yes he did say it does a .25 revolution around the mid finger and following with .25 revolution around the index which I agree with. What I am saying is that if you were to do this trick palm-up then it would do a .5 rotation on top of the curled middle finger and land back into the 12 slot. When done palm-up the knuckle rotation is rushed as well as an upward thrust of the hand is executed because it cannot rest on top of the middle finger as gravity is pulling it down (similar to a palm-down around).
    No reason why it can't be done without a .5 revolution on the top of the curled middle finger at all.

16. spenpinner
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 02:18:18

eurocracy wrote: No reason why it can't be done without a .5 revolution on the top of the curled middle finger at all.
    How does that even make sense? So you're saying a knuckle spin is done somewhere other than on the knuckles? so I can do a spider spin on my palm in that case?

17. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 07:11:10

spenpinner wrote: How does that even make sense? So you're saying a knuckle spin is done somewhere other than on the knuckles? so I can do a spider spin on my palm in that case?
    No, that would be a trick I've done multiple times before, PU shadow, not what is said here.

18. RPD
    Date: Thu, Jun 27 2013 16:39:42

as long as its around 0.5 ~ around 0.5 still, it can spin in the index, in the palm, in the knuckle, in your nose or anywhere lol. I dont know if that's the problem...