UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Polarised Charges

1. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, May 29 2013 18:20:20

One of the concepts I have come up with. Apologies for the bad execution, I was in an awkward position with the camera and was mindlessly freestyling. I can execute it better, but I was in a hurry and was trying to keep quiet, so it may be hard to hear. [video=youtube;BnSoFV1ztec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnSoFV1ztec[/video] Suggested official notation: Charge [pol y] (tipped charge) Charge [pol x] (polarised charge) Then these can of course be given rotations, such as: Charge [pol y] 0.5 Charge [pol x] 1.0 I'm coming up with some more links using it, but I'll leave you with the basics to figure out your own ^^

2. astronaut
    Date: Wed, May 29 2013 19:37:17

@eurocracy T1 polarized charge seems like a partial wiper, but on the middle of the pen. And 23 polarized charge seems worse. A tipped charge can be used a transition into a direction change, which depending on your style may be used quite often. But polarized charge can not be done smoothly in a combo, even that sonic variation you did didn't look right. I can't think of doing a few passes, then out of nowhere a polarized charge, it does not lead well into other tricks either. This entire idea seems like a silly wiper variation to me. I don't think this will ever catch on, but that is my opinion.

3. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, May 29 2013 19:54:55

astronaut wrote: @eurocracy T1 polarized charge seems like a partial wiper, but on the middle of the pen. And 23 polarized charge seems worse. A tipped charge can be used a transition into a direction change, which depending on your style may be used quite often. But polarized charge can not be done smoothly in a combo, even that sonic variation you did didn't look right. I can't think of doing a few passes, then out of nowhere a polarized charge, it does not lead well into other tricks either. This entire idea seems like a silly wiper variation to me. I don't think this will ever catch on, but that is my opinion.
    I originally coined it in my personal videos as 'Body wipers', in my big folder full of material, but it is not. It is not a wiper as it oscillates, it does not turn around. The only osciallating tricks are the charge and the tipped charge, the tipped charge of which is a charge with the x axis removed. Likewise, this is performing a charge without the y axis. Do not worry about smoothness yet, I had put this idea to the side for 2 months before making this video, so do not worry about my presentation, it is extremely rough. You can also see bad execution from me on tipped charges, likewise. It is certainly not impossible to include it in a combo, you are being nowhere near imaginative enough, like how people saw the triangle pass until bonkura started using it. I hope to use some polarised charge links in my UPSBT qualification video, if you don't mind waiting for some real examples. I do not mind if it does not grow popular and I am not trying to garner attention, this video is designed to inform people early so that they do not regard this trick as an execution error in any of my future combos.

4. fel2fram
    Date: Fri, Jun 14 2013 18:18:58

interesting. I wonder why this could not be considered the beginning (or end) of a wiper. If a wiper only consisted of a transition of your tip from down to up, it would make 0.000001 rotations, which it doesn't. Next challenge : pol z ;p

5. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Jun 14 2013 18:30:47

fel2fram wrote: interesting. I wonder why this could not be considered the beginning (or end) of a wiper. If a wiper only consisted of a transition of your tip from down to up, it would make 0.000001 rotations, which it doesn't. Next challenge : pol z ;p
    Pol z? Seasick but with smooth oscillations would be interesting ^^ It is somewhat similar to a wiper, but only VERY formally, under that idea a charge is ACTUALLY a fingercrossing + wiper. SO CURIOUS.

6. Mats
    Date: Fri, Jun 14 2013 21:44:52

SOUNDS TOO MUCH LIKE PHYSICS. Pick a different name.

7. Walkaz
    Date: Sat, Jun 15 2013 05:27:56

nicenice, i get to hear your sexy voice again huehue btw your tipped charge is actually tipped sonic, pol y charge is tipped charge, and iirc ponkotu's counter bak consist of a pol x charge too

8. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Jun 15 2013 06:38:00

Walkaz wrote: nicenice, i get to hear your sexy voice again huehue btw your tipped charge is actually tipped sonic, pol y charge is tipped charge, and iirc ponkotu's counter bak consist of a pol x charge too
    No, my charge [pol y] is a 'tipped charge', and a 'tipped sonic' would be Sonic [pol y]. Just because I demonstrated with tipped sonics in the video along with tipped charges doesn't change what I said >…<, the parameter can apply to many tricks. I have not seen this counter bak.

9. Walkaz
    Date: Sat, Jun 15 2013 16:04:42

@eurocracy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYWwvKHAObc

10. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Jun 15 2013 18:29:02

@Walkaz thanks