UPSB v4

Regular Pen Discussion / White Dr. Grip grip discussion

1. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Aug 26 2010 21:17:49

Discuss this pen here. We need information such as: Where can you get it? Is it similar to the Jap dr grip besides the grip? Does it cost more or less and reasons why? What does the grip feel like? etc.

2. SuiXidaL
    Date: Thu, Aug 26 2010 21:33:20

That dude in SOYP can get them =3

3. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Aug 26 2010 21:37:36

Yeah but from Japan. The post was kind of vague and it's probably better to give address or store names. Also I forgot to include an important question: Should it be considered rare or just another Dr grip variation?

4. CrackerJack
    Date: Thu, Aug 26 2010 22:17:14

Damn, you really want a white Dr. grip.

5. PenwisH
    Date: Thu, Aug 26 2010 22:36:37

proabably don't need a thread for every pen. Perhaps a sticky in the making

6. Kirby
    Date: Thu, Aug 26 2010 22:53:18

I too would love all the info for one. If anyone has one for a good price. I'll buy.

7. Ejikpyroman
    Date: Fri, Aug 27 2010 11:38:36

This Dr.Grip? http://s45.radikal.ru/i108/1008/3b/fb45d6443b1e.jpg I get it in Novosibisk (Russia). But they ended =( I don't know, where you can get it... Grip is soft =) Whizz can tell more than I =)

8. JLSpinY
    Date: Fri, Aug 27 2010 12:23:17

I just found this white gripped Dr' Grip in my stationary box. The grip on it is really slipery, unlike my blue one, which feels really nice. I have no idea where I got it.

9. devaa
    Date: Fri, Aug 27 2010 12:24:46

ive seen that dr.grip in indonesia theres a bit of it, but now, nothing :(

10. Ejikpyroman
    Date: Fri, Aug 27 2010 12:50:26

jlsyber wrote: I just found this white gripped Dr' Grip in my stationary box. The grip on it is really slipery, unlike my blue one, which feels really nice. I have no idea where I got it.
    I think it's more Gray Dr.Grip than White...

11. JLSpinY
    Date: Fri, Aug 27 2010 12:59:20

Ejikpyroman wrote: I think it's more Gray Dr.Grip than White...
    Yeah... It's a bit darker than the mechanical pencil one I have.

12. Pieniek
    Date: Fri, Aug 27 2010 13:37:33

I think its just dirty, cause propably it gets dirty easily.

13. JLSpinY
    Date: Fri, Aug 27 2010 13:48:02

Pieniek wrote: I think its just dirty, cause propably it gets dirty easily.
    Yeah, I think it's about 5 years old and its been really heavily used.

14. Ejikpyroman
    Date: Fri, Aug 27 2010 15:13:21

jlsyber wrote: Yeah, I think it's about 5 years old and its been really heavily used.
    Please, Wash it! =)

15. Quantized
    Date: Sun, Aug 29 2010 04:19:39

The Dr Grip is super hard to spin cause its just too small AND its rlly expensive cause it costd me 8 bucks and i ended up using the tip for my RSVP MX i dont suggest it but my friend in Jpn got his at sum 100 yen shop around the corner from his house

16. Colin
    Date: Sun, Aug 29 2010 04:39:21

Dr.MX?! :o

17. ouf41
    Date: Sun, Aug 29 2010 11:14:04

I am gonna get a one like this my trader said that it has the same length and width than a ballpoint dr grip and he said that he can screw a dr.grip shacker tip over instead of the one wich is over

18. JLSpinY
    Date: Sun, Aug 29 2010 11:39:47

ouf41 wrote: I am gonna get a one like this my trader said that it has the same length and width than a ballpoint dr grip and he said that he can screw a dr.grip shacker tip over instead of the one wich is over
    If that is the same as mine you won't be able to do that. The tip doesn't screw of.

19. ouf41
    Date: Sun, Aug 29 2010 15:28:38

nope the trader screw it in front the webcam and i trust him if he said that it work

20. JLSpinY
    Date: Sun, Aug 29 2010 15:57:18

Cool. It must be different from mine then.

21. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 01:15:39

wait jsyber it doesnt screw off? have you tried using rubber bands and stuff? cuz it kight just be crusted on there cuz you used it for a long time.

22. JLSpinY
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 08:46:20

Nachoaddict wrote: wait jsyber it doesnt screw off? have you tried using rubber bands and stuff? cuz it kight just be crusted on there cuz you used it for a long time.
    If by tip you mean the silver bit at the end, that does not screw of.

23. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 16:05:29

No, the metal thing in the front that is cone shaped and it's where lead comes out or an inktube comes out.

24. asdfcrow
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 23:54:22

Ejikpyroman wrote: I think it's more Gray Dr.Grip than White...
    That's just yellowing from age, happens to supergrips too

25. JLSpinY
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 08:40:05

Nachoaddict wrote: No, the metal thing in the front that is cone shaped and it's where lead comes out or an inktube comes out.
    Yeah, that doesn't screw of either.

26. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Sep 4 2010 14:57:50

I know what I'm about to share is contradicting the title of this thread but I found a Black dr. Grip Grip.

27. PerfectionPS
    Date: Sat, Sep 4 2010 15:37:23

Again, continuing with @Hippo2626 being off-topic, JetPens sell a Black Gripped Dr. Grip. Very unusual pen, if anyone has one - please share, I'd like to know what they are like. And as for the White Dr. Grips, they are just one of the many Dr. Grip varieties right? And they obviously are more rare, so they'll be priced as such, but they obvious problem with all coloured grips is fading, and white turns grey, or yellow. And then the pen will be worth much less, I know a lot of 'White' Dr. Grips are already a grey shade, they'll just darken. Also what is the feel like compared to normal Dr. Grips? Becuase they look like they are a type that can sweat, I think thats when the silicone reacts with things in the air overtime causing them to leak a fluid? Don't hold me to that, but I've seen it happen. So I think that yes Dr. Grips that are white are different in more than 1 aspect, but they are probably by no means better, unfortunately. They don't look like they'll last to me. Although I would love to have one while it did last!

28. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 01:25:01

Looks like a gspec grip colored all black. Interesting

29. Dudak
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 01:41:42

My friend recently bought some of those. They're pretty nice.

30. Ejikpyroman
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 02:17:50

PerfectionPS wrote: Again, continuing with @Hippo2626 being off-topic, JetPens sell a Black Gripped Dr. Grip. Very unusual pen, if anyone has one - please share, I'd like to know what they are like. And as for the White Dr. Grips, they are just one of the many Dr. Grip varieties right? And they obviously are more rare, so they'll be priced as such, but they obvious problem with all coloured grips is fading, and white turns grey, or yellow. And then the pen will be worth much less, I know a lot of 'White' Dr. Grips are already a grey shade, they'll just darken. Also what is the feel like compared to normal Dr. Grips? Becuase they look like they are a type that can sweat, I think thats when the silicone reacts with things in the air overtime causing them to leak a fluid? Don't hold me to that, but I've seen it happen. So I think that yes Dr. Grips that are white are different in more than 1 aspect, but they are probably by no means better, unfortunately. They don't look like they'll last to me. Although I would love to have one while it did last!
    you don't right. White Dr.Grip Antibacterial NEVER turns grey or yellow! It stays White! I use white dr.grip grip about 1 year. It's stays white. yes, dr.grip can be cream, but it is initially.

31. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 02:33:26

Wait wtf? Aren't antibacterial Dr. grips clear? not white?

32. Ejikpyroman
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 03:40:18

Nachoaddict wrote: Wait wtf? Aren't antibacterial Dr. grips clear? not white?
    Dr.Grip Antibacterial have white grip: http://s45.radikal.ru/i108/1008/3b/fb45d6443b1e.jpg

33. Aries
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 07:28:37

Are oyu talking about this? It's mine I use it everyday.

34. Ejikpyroman
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 08:09:31

Aries wrote: Are oyu talking about this? It's mine I use it everyday.
    PENCIL?! P.S. yes.

35. JLSpinY
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 09:33:03

- Dr. Grip Black - These are basicly Black G-Specs, even though they are not called G-Specs These have the body of my white Dr. Grip exept mine is one of the desk ones at the bottom. - These are the normal G- Specs - White G-Specs - This is the flash colour series, which the whole pen (exept for the outer grip) is a given colour. These are CL Dr. Grips, They are pretty much G-Specs exept for the inner grips are a different colour. The CL Dr. Grips come in either or . I'm not sure but I think that the inner grips on these have weird textures. This page lists all of the mechanical pencils that Pilot make now. The Dr. Grips are somewhere in the middle. Now we get onto Dr. Grip ballpens. You can find all of pilots ballpens here. There are a few in each section. These are Dr. Grip Gells. They only come in the portable variety (Ones with pocket clips) These are Dr. Grip 4+1. They have weird tips :p. They have white grips. These are the ballpen version of the all Black Dr. Grips. These are the G-Spec ballpens. These are the flash colour G-Spec ballpens. And finally, this is the Dr. Grip CL ballpen. It must be noted these only come in the SkyTime variety. Most of these Dr. Grips will have either a "Portable" or "Desk" hook/ hole at the end. The "Portable" ones have a Pocket hook, and the "Desk" ones have a hole for you to put a mobile keyring or something on. And that concludes my Japanese Dr. Grip Primer :p It's rather messy and kinda off topic but I hope it improves your knowledge on Dr. Grips. I think that the White gripped Dr. Grips and just these with White Grips.

36. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 10:09:57

You can make Jap/French/American dr grips gold using Guitrums method, Soak them in Jell ink overnight and they turn gold.