UPSB v4

Off-topic / A place on the internet to discover new music

1. Chozodragon
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 15:46:09

Not much hope for this thread, but I'll try nonetheless :3 This topic is to present a facebook page which was created a couple of months ago with two other friends. The page was born when I shared some Univers Zéro as well as some Kayo Dot and tech death metal on the FPSB, knowing probably nobody would give a listen to these 10mn tracks. Then I thought : hey, might as well share these with people who care. So I created the page with two prog friends. Hopefully some of the UPSB people are interested in weird music as well =3 Admin nicknames and musical flavours : H.P Lovecraft is the metalhead. Most of what he shares will be tech death or prog BM, but he strays away from these satanic genres of doom from time to time George Orwell is the in-between guy : bent on PT and similar stuff, he shared some Aphrodite's Child, some Mr. Bungle, John Cage ... always refreshing. As for you humble servant, I go by the name J. Alfred Prufrock and I mostly share classic prog, weird avant stuff and IDM-influenced electronic - but anything that I think qualifies for the Drive will end up there. There are also updates from the whole team for sharing entire albums on the spur of the moment, special occasions, and more. No we don't ship ghost guitars in fake contests :3 (we don't ship guitars at all. And there are no contests). What qualifies for the Drive ? Despite the word "Prog" in the page's name, we share anything that we find weird, interesting, not radio-friendly, wacky, experimental. So this is not another page only resharing Prog magazine's updates. And be honest : where else can you have the author of 1984 recommending you a wicked riff ? ... Yeah I probably made a bigger deal out of it than what was needed but it's a nice space and i'd love to share these to more people, get requests, etc. The truth of the matter is : it's hard to promote an FB page without memes or puns or anything on the interwebs. And we'd really like to keep the page solely music-orientated. And I know Zombo likes classical music and BM. =D Here's the link : https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Infinite-Progability-Drive/141225469388975 Thanks for reading ! See you there :3

2. Zombo
    Date: Thu, May 23 2013 15:13:24

good content, i see a lot of the music i like ther

3. Chozodragon
    Date: Thu, May 23 2013 16:10:26

Hint : more Hiromi to come (probably) on the Drive :3 Glad to have you on board !

4. Zombo
    Date: Thu, May 23 2013 16:15:13

i'm not the biggest fan of djent, but i feel like some bands are worth mentioning, such as Animals as Leaders and Vildhjarta also needs some uneXpect recently i got into new retro wave music, that shit is delicious (cf. Far Cry Blood Dragon)

5. Chozodragon
    Date: Thu, May 23 2013 16:33:59

AAL and Tesseract are on the list. Unexpect has been on my list since I started the page but the burlesque aspect always threw me off a bit - kinda clichéd - so I delayed playing them. But requests shall be taken into account :p

6. Zombo
    Date: Thu, May 23 2013 16:55:40

the burlesque is really not that present in their latest album. it is also their best album so far.

7. Chozodragon
    Date: Thu, May 23 2013 17:54:06

there you go, UPSBians : follow your lord and master and head over to the Drive >=D

8. BozoHimSelf
    Date: Tue, Jun 4 2013 16:46:40

Great idea, not really my music liking though. I hope you guys get yourself a good following.

9. Alias2
    Date: Tue, Jun 4 2013 19:08:06

I like the concept of the page. I've already listened to couple of bands and some of them are nice. I liked the page, it's always good to hear some new unusual music :D