UPSB v4

General Discussion / World Tournament 2013 - The Finals - Videos OUT!

1. Zombo
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 16:04:49

http://worldps.org/wt13/?p=191

2. stevetyrell
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 16:22:06

Go sutomo!

3. astronaut
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 16:28:34

Wow, Sutomo is serious. A quadruple bust palm-down finisher? A13x was intense in those top spins and that pinky-around to aerial to swivel finisher. Personally, I think Sutomo won but this may be as close as WT09's final! Great job to both! :applaud::applaud:

4. Xienix
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 16:30:25

both same end position :P but yea i go with Sutomo

5. The Doctor Dokins
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 16:33:28

Insane combos, hard decision but my vote goes to A13X. :)

6. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 16:40:38

As much as I would have liked A13x to win this, that mistake is likely to cost him the WT. If he had landed it correctly, he would likely have won. It's leaning on sutomo now, very unexpected.

7. VikroaL
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 16:48:47

Go sutomo gooo!! 八(^□^*) タノム!!

8. swike
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 18:09:22

If you want,you can,sutomo you have done an amazing job,go for it!

9. Palmito
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 18:10:59

Sutomo is not original, same finish, same tricks .. I think A13x win in Originality and difficulty but not in execution. Good luck A13x and Sutomo Ps : Sutomo copy s777 .. But he's still a young spinner. I hope A13x will win because Sutomo can try again in 2 years, with his own trick and style. gogogo

10. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 18:25:08

sutomo didn't have that wow factor. A13x did. And I would vote for A13x.

11. Nashi
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 19:23:02

Why do people complain about spinners recycling their material? How are you supposed to find constantly new material for a whole combo after 5 rounds of a fucking world tournament?

12. popte
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 19:23:57

idk, I was pretty wowed by sutomo's end and the pass section from :09-:12

13. Demetrius
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 19:36:28

I see a lot of repetition in A13x from previous rounds and I think he could have made the combo a bit "harder and longer"(lol). I'd vote for sutomo.

14. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 20:01:48

Demetrius wrote: I see a lot of repetition in A13x from previous rounds and I think he could have made the combo a bit "harder and longer"(lol). I'd vote for sutomo.
    Yes but A13x didn't recycle his old material into this round, whereas sutomo did. Not that recycling material matters because aside from the originality part of the creativity judging, it is not really considered anyway.

15. RPD
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 20:09:17

[QUOTE=eurocracy]Yes but A13x didn't recycle his old material into this round, whereas sutomo did.[/QUOTE] I find this quite funny IMO

16. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 20:12:40

RPD wrote: I find this quite funny IMO
    Well his starter, finisher, and a whole bunch of his links were unused in previous rounds? For example he didn't use any lever tricks in this round or his old power sequences.

17. Chozodragon
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 20:40:17

the sonics in T the semi around in T1 the pinky aerials, all this visually really looks like previous rounds. Not to mention the angel sonic rev/twisted sonic rev variations which still should not be here and plague his combos since round 1. As for the finisher, it's a failed swivel ... No points for originality in my book.

18. Ivabra
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 20:46:07

eurocracy wrote: Yes but A13x didn't recycle his old material into this round, whereas sutomo did. Not that recycling material matters because aside from the originality part of the creativity judging, it is not really considered anyway.
    Yes it's considered. Loss of creativity obviously, and it can be a loss in difficulty too according to the judge. Even though it's not as recycled as the second version of his combo, it's still very repetitive. That part from 0:08 to 0:10 is the exact same trick done twice in a row, wow. At 0:11 => Fl ta release, okay no prob. From 12 to 15 => perfect part, nothing much to say, this is a very interesting linkage and I'd have been happy to see at least 10 seconds of this kind of tricks. Right afterwards => Fl ta release and then he does three times the same easy trick, moreover it's linked with ... a charge 34, YEAH. Easiest trick ever. From 15 till the end the combo is worth nothing. My advices for a13x to improve his combo would be to put that thumbspin reverse at the middle or at the end of the combo. He should have started either with the part from 0:07 to 10 or from 11 to 15. From 15 to 19 the combo is garbage, that's not even hard, everybody can do that, plus it looks repetitive. Don't know what was the plan for the finish though. Oh and another advice : stop failing finishers (sun) The 10 interesting seconds aren't good enough to make him win (IMO#yolo) The rest of the combo is as filled as this room :

19. Impulse
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 20:48:51

eurocracy;259487]Yes but A13x didn't recycle his old material into this round, whereas sutomo did.[/QUOTE] Okay. That was retarded as hell. [QUOTE=GeeGeeGee wrote: sutomo didn't have that wow factor. A13x did. And I would vote for A13x.
    And that is one thing that distinguishes an awful judge from a descent judge. An awful judge is easily impressed by that 'wow factor'.

20. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 20:57:11

Impulse;259493]Okay. That was retarded as hell.[/QUOTE] Not at all. Rather you're being retarded considering he hasn't recycled his material from his previous WT rounds into this combo. [QUOTE=Impulse;259493]And that is one thing that distinguishes an awful judge from a descent judge. An awful judge is easily impressed by that 'wow factor'.[/QUOTE] Not really... you would think that if a combo wows you at the first glance, when you analyse it, it is going to confirm you even more, as it was clear enough from the outset that it was good. [QUOTE=Ivabra wrote: Yes it's considered. Loss of creativity obviously, and it can be a loss in difficulty too according to the judge. Even though it's not as recycled as the second version of his combo, it's still very repetitive. That part from 0:08 to 0:10 is the exact same trick done twice in a row, wow. At 0:11 => Fl ta release, okay no prob. From 12 to 15 => perfect part, nothing much to say, this is a very interesting linkage and I'd have been happy to see at least 10 seconds of this kind of tricks. Right afterwards => Fl ta release and then he does three times the same easy trick, moreover it's linked with ... a charge 34, YEAH. Easiest trick ever. From 15 till the end the combo is worth nothing.
    I did mention the originality part of creativity. Of course, when coming up to the originality judging, you usually throw in new stuff every combo to hit that criteria, so the recycled material is used to ramp up the other point scores. You didn't mention the initial trick, but I think it's self explanatory that it's fucking insane. So what about 0:02 to 0:08, that should make up some good points. Up until he fails his finisher it's good though, so it's not complete garbage, but I agree with you on everything else.

21. Ivabra
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 21:17:16

You didn't mention the initial trick, but I think it's self explanatory that it's fucking insane. So what about 0:02 to 0:08, that should make up some good points.
    Eriror already talked about it, putting a spin at the beginning of a combo doesn't add difficulty especially when the rest of the combo is not harder than the beginning. His difficulty decreases as you go further in the combo, and the ending is by far easier than Sutomo's finisher. Moreover catching a reverse aerial in 23 is easy too, so it kinda cancels all the difficulty that this spin could have brought by putting it at the middle.

22. Tigres
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 21:28:01

@Impulse *you guys all forgot about the "IMO" part!!!

23. Tentcell
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 21:29:38

Sorry, centipede coming through

Spoiler .......\..../ .....╚⊙ ⊙╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ...╚═(███)═╝ ..╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ ╚═(███)═╝ .╚═(███)═╝

24. Impulse
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 21:36:24

eurocracy wrote: Not really... you would think that if a combo wows you at the first glance, when you analyse it, it is going to confirm you even more, as it was clear enough from the outset that it was good.
    It's exactly the opposite actually. A flawlessly and perfectly executed combo seems like it's easy. That's the best possible execution, making a combo look as easy as a TA.

25. Nashi
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 21:50:39

[QUOTE="Impulse]That's the best possible execution, making a combo look as easy as a TA. [/QUOTE] Eriror style!

26. Impulse
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 22:02:48

Nashi wrote: Eriror style!
    *sheep style Oh wait, that's exactly like MaKiN, ISN'T IT MARC?!?!?!?!?

27. spinford
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 00:25:54

Sutomo is who i support.

28. Raus8
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 00:29:21

Go sutomo

29. Walkaz
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 01:10:15

lol sutomo doesn't have that wow factor :rofl: crazy transition to pd square pass,that dual pass 23 pu - palmside,insane powerpasses and you said sutomo doesn't have that wow factor :/

30. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 02:22:12

@Impulse sounds like he knows what he talking about. If you're not looking for the "wow" factor then tell me Lord Impulse. What do you look in a combo? If the combo doesn't even impress you then you gonna give it a 10.....8......? WOW It certainly sounds stupid when you said it out loud. FUCKING "awful judge is easily impressed by that 'wow factor' ..weh weh weh. STUPID FUCK, UPSB is full of awful judges and I don't see you say shit about it. Talking like you're Judge Judy. Hop off my nuts son.

31. 20%
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 02:29:21

i route for sutomo!

32. xperryment
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 03:14:13

sutomo should win ^_^

33. Walkaz
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 03:35:44

@GeeGeeGee I think what impulse is trying to say is awful judges often get mesmerized by the "wow" trick and overlook certain aspects of judging which leads to inaccurate points allocation I mean a combo can have a very flashy but not difficult/spammy tricks filled the combo, and an experienced judge should be able to look past the flashy parts and judge according to the rulebook I totally agree with Impulse on his points Oh before I forget IMO

34. Wobster
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 06:10:18

I'm trying so hard to give a fuck.

35. Dragon
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 06:25:35

Wow factor is like saying that you can win with basketball spin 100.0, so it shouldn't be considered as a big part of a combo @Impulse, I agree :D

36. Palmito
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 07:27:04

Dragon wrote: Wow factor is like saying that you can win with basketball spin 100.0, so it shouldn't be considered as a big part of a combo @Impulse, I agree :D
    Ahah I can you should win all competition with basketball spin 100.0 in your finish =))

37. i.suk
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 08:21:55

GeeGeeGee wrote: If you're not looking for the "wow" factor then tell me Lord Impulse. What do you look in a combo? If the combo doesn't even impress you then you gonna give it a 10.....8......? WOW It certainly sounds stupid when you said it out loud. FUCKING "awful judge is easily impressed by that 'wow factor' ..weh weh weh. STUPID FUCK, UPSB is full of awful judges and I don't see you say shit about it. Talking like you're Judge Judy. Hop off my nuts son.
    i think you misunderstand the connotations of 'wow factor' is something visually flashy on first watching but probably a lot less impressive if analysed in more depth i'm pretty sure judges shouldn't just go 'oh hey i've seen this once and it seems more impressive in that one viewing, so it wins automatically right? never mind that the other guy has subtleties which no one has ever used that make the combo 10 times harder to film', but maybe you disagree :D @GeeGeeGee

38. Palmito
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 09:18:23

Nashi wrote: Why do people complain about spinners recycling their material? How are you supposed to find constantly new material for a whole combo after 5 rounds of a fucking world tournament?
    Yes, they are supposed to find constantly new material for a whole combo after 5 round because it's World tournament, the best spinner of the year. And the best spinner must prove us he is polyvalent, he know lot of tricks and he is original with all the rounds ! And the best spinner is the spinner can change trick in combo as change socks but always with a awesome combo. For example, we know A13x can do awesome combo with awesome trick with awesome difficult ( r1, r2, r3, r4, r5 ) and now he had show us his awesome spinning, he changes completely his tricks and combo to show us a more powerful combo without r1 r2 r3 r4 r5 tricks. What else ? It's my opinion, he is the most polyvalent Penspinner of the year ( but he's keeping same style ) Edit : Ps : You are all disappointed to A13x r6 combo but he think same I said . I explain : A13x could take awesome spider spin > Triangle pass 234 or fucking punnew or pinkyback 9.0 count or powerpass palm down or bust ( he had do bust x1300 guys ) but he choices is totally reflects, he wants to be original and don't take the same tricks that previous round because he want show you his originality ( pinkyback 1.5 rev, thumbspin, fingercross, variant sonic, his style ) .

39. i.suk
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 09:37:14

:hah: is all i can say in response to above post

40. A13x
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 09:54:05

i.suk wrote: :hah: is all i can say in response to above post
    it is all you can say? let me reply. i can't use any hard trick i have used for world records, i can't use bust, pun new, all backs variation, each time i use triangle or quadrangle pass or dualpass variation it is recycled i can't use anything because it is recycled, so ok, this wt ending is like, " you should try to win, but without all your power tricks " here is the real problem. and here you have it a combo without all the tricks .

41. Tommy
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 10:11:49

Can everyone please calm the fuck down. Everyone has their own oppinion of the combos etc. No real point arguing your oppinion. Ofcourse there will be some problems witb judges etc but think about it for a sec, i think their discision was appropriate I think what should really be happening is all being happy for allthe spinnerers. A milestone in penspinning, yea they may have not done the besg but hey who are you to judge them by thsir effort. Lets all be happy and proud for all participants its not a war so lets take this with happy spirits :) Good day everyone

42. Chozodragon
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 10:28:00

A13x wrote: it is all you can say? let me reply. i can't use any hard trick i have used for world records, i can't use bust, pun new, all backs variation, each time i use triangle or quadrangle pass or dualpass variation it is recycled i can't use anything because it is recycled, so ok, this wt ending is like, " you should try to win, but without all your power tricks " here is the real problem. and here you have it a combo without all the tricks .
    ... Yes. That's the problem. A problem which is still not solved : combos are not only about "good tricks" anymore. That's why in the first round I disliked your combo, because they were tricks you could do easily. Then as the competition went on the combos had more interesting sections and less charge-sonic sections, but now in the finals, I understand ideas are hard to get - and it is sutomo's case as well. Now, indeed, the more difficult the tricks, the more impressive the combo, right ? Right. But that doesn't mean it cancels the easiness of other parts ! It's just like the Tspin rev : very impressive, but in the beginning ! We had this debate on FPSB with Clear several times : if your spins are in the beginning and intertwined with twisted sonics ... they're not as hard to execute as they could be. Of course, finding new tricks for each round is hard - it's the WT after all - but it really seems to me that apart from your top 10 (which you named, basically), the rest of your tricks are basic stuff for the WT - cf what Ivabra posted. It's weird because some of your tricks and linkages are very hard and interesting, but the rest isn't updated. So yeah, it would be much easier to not recycle by using at least the standard array of tricks expected from a wt contestant and to find variations on them (... not busts).

43. Yaemgo
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 10:30:13

Chozodragon wrote: combos are not only about "good tricks" anymore.

44. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 10:55:43

s777 used a lot of the same linkage/trick. and STILL WON WT. WHY? He uses his own trick and linkage which makes him more original. Peem won because he FUCKING invented haitua and palmspin and shit. Innovative is my reason why A13x should win. Half of his combo is his own moves/tricks. Just cause Sutomo does well with execution and some power doesn't mean he's the best. 2 years from now whether A13x wins for not, his style will be passed down to younger pser. PS: baaron should be the one going against A13x.

45. taichi1082
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 11:02:19

Palmito;259474]Ps : Sutomo copy s777 .. [/QUOTE] wat [QUOTE=GeeGeeGee wrote: sutomo didn't have that wow factor. A13x did. And I would vote for A13x.
    You are everything thats wrong with modern ps A13x was great except for the end of the combo.

46. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 11:04:44

LOL tell me more about this modern ps, sir Sherlock. Enlighten me.

47. Chozodragon
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 11:06:45

To be fair, s777 is quite an obvious influence on sutomo. Not the only one for sure, but still (sutomo's finisher is a harder version of s777's '11 finisher)

48. Nashi
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 11:06:46

[QUOTE="GeeGeeGee"]Innovative is my reason why A13x should win. Half of his combo is his own moves/tricks.[/QUOTE] I really wonder what A13x invented. Also why the fuck did fel2fram not come further if innovation is the most important thing to winning? his whole combos is innovation in itself.

49. Yaemgo
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 11:11:21

@GeeGeeGee : First, I think there is something very important that you do not understand : in a tournament combo, you just have to ignore the "wow factor" you can feel at first sight. This "wow factor" is supposed to be a consequence on a good combo, not a preconceived idea that might make a judge blind when really analizing the combo. Then, you're saying s777 and Peem won because they invented tricks. That's wrong. Peem didn't create hai tua and punkan, and s777 basicaly didn't create anything. The first one won because he brought a totally new vision of PS, mainly with a structure that was totally new and that exploded all difficulty standars. s777 won because he brought originality with his execution and his linkages, but he didn't really invented tricks. As well, a13x didn't really invented anything. And if inventing tricks is the way to win WT, then nobody can possibly say that someone else than fel2fram should win. Also, you say that sutomo is copying s777. But s777 was totally copying bonkura, what do you have to say about this ? But my point is precisely that WT is not about tricks. It's about combos, and that is what makes all the difference. Nowadays, it's useless just to master "highlights" that are very difficult or original and then put angel sonics inbetween, as sutomo AND a13x like to do. What matters is the spinner's capacity to create a real structure, to think about the combo itself. And I see no one in this round who is able to do this.

50. Ivabra
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 11:12:24

GeeGeeGee wrote: s777 used a lot of the same linkage/trick. and STILL WON WT. WHY? He uses his own trick and linkage which makes him more original. Peem won because he FUCKING invented haitua and palmspin and shit. Innovative is my reason why A13x should win. Half of his combo is his own moves/tricks. Just cause Sutomo does well with execution and some power doesn't mean he's the best. 2 years from now whether A13x wins for not, his style will be passed down to younger pser. PS: baaron should be the one going against A13x.
    s777 won cause he was one of the only one who used "linkages" mixed with his "creative style" and a few powertricks, even though I think Supawit should have won, s777 was more intelligent than a13x is. However s777 didn't invent anything, he's just like Pem, he brought some linkages (from some japs like Bonkura) to another level as Peem brought powertricks to another superior level. Sutomo reminds me of s777 not because of his style but because he always plays smart. He knows what he has to do to beat his opponents even though he's less good than em (talking about F2F & A13x of course). He always tries to make a better combo by reading what people say about his previous combos. Penspinning is not about pure talent anymore, it's about how people can show their talent in a clever way. If it was all about talent I wouldn't have passed the third round, I was one of the worst spinners in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th round, but I knew what I had to do to beat my opponents. When A13x will have that ability he'll destroy everybody. Oh and Baaron should have lost in the first round, kthxbyekiss.

51. Chozodragon
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 11:13:01

(there you go GGG, this is modern ps in a nutshell - what it should strive to emulate anyway)

52. VikroaL
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 12:04:08

I'm struggling to cope with all this faggotry.

A13x;259539]it is all you can say? let me reply. i can't use any hard trick i have used for world records, i can't use bust, pun new, all backs variation, each time i use triangle or quadrangle pass or dualpass variation it is recycled i can't use anything because it is recycled, so ok, this wt ending is like, " you should try to win, but without all your power tricks " here is the real problem. and here you have it a combo without all the tricks .[/QUOTE] That's what you get when you try to please everyone's expectations. You only care about what people say about you, and that's why you keep blocking everyone who disagrees with you on YT and that's why apparently you even deleted sutomo's comment on your final video because he said something you didn't like. You spin to get comments. You spin to get attention. And that's why you tried to do what you did and that's why you got a combo like that. Recycling is ok as long as you know how to recycle without being repetitive, recycling while innovating. Stating "you don't like this combo but I can't do anything different because you guys told me to innovate" is stupid, Being creative is not everything, and it has a price. And that price was smoothness, difficulty and control for you. Unfortunately, we got a great example of how the average judge works in this thread. This "wow factor" guy showed basically how the judges work these days. Judges only pay attention to the "wow factor" and the "eye candy" tricks, and forget about the actual rulebook (20/20 combos in several rounds by several spinners by several communities, welcome to the perfect ps competition). Ivabra got the point here, WT has become a game in which the smartest spinner wins, not the best one. If you are smart enough to read through the lines you can easily get the idea of how to get the judges' attention. Get that + a big fanbase = success guaranteed, no matter what. WTs have less and less sense every year. [QUOTE=GeeGeeGee;259546]s777 used a lot of the same linkage/trick. and STILL WON WT. WHY? He uses his own trick and linkage which makes him more original. Peem won because he FUCKING invented haitua and palmspin and shit. Innovative is my reason why A13x should win. Half of his combo is his own moves/tricks. Just cause Sutomo does well with execution and some power doesn't mean he's the best. 2 years from now whether A13x wins for not, his style will be passed down to younger pser. PS: baaron should be the one going against A13x.[/QUOTE] 1: "Peem invented palmspin and shit" what 8) Peem didn't even invent the Palmspin > FL TA minicombo. He mastered it and made it popular, but he didn't invent it. Same as A13x didn't invent as many tricks as you guys say. 2: "Baaron should be the one going against A13x." What about nope. As much as I love Baaron I'm not even sure if he deserved to make it to R2, but I'm pretty sure that he doesn't deserve to be in the finals. And anyone with the smallest idea about psing knows that. And again I love Baaron. 3: "Just cause Sutomo does well with execution and some power doesn't mean he's the best." Just because A13x tried to be original and has some mad consistency and execution (except for this last video) doesn't mean he's the best either. To conclude: [QUOTE=taichi1082 wrote: You are everything thats wrong with modern ps.

53. Chozodragon
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 12:11:21

Your signature after reading this post was like the finishing pose after an awesome attack in a shonen.

54. swike
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 12:30:32

The winner combination for alex would be: r1-r1 combo r2-r2 combo r3-r3 combo r4-r6 combo r5-r4 combo r6-r5 combo IMOIMOIMOIMOIMO

55. [TGN]
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 12:49:02

So when a13x spins with a certain goal in mind, people criticise it. When he takes those criticisms and move away from what he did, people again criticise it. If he doesn't follow any advice and simply spin what he wants, he then falls into one of several categories which leads to criticisms again. He can never please everyone at once, so just let him do what he wants and stop bashing him. But then again I'm just a newbie, where does my opinion even stand in this community?

56. fang
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 13:00:31

[ATTACH=CONFIG]909[/ATTACH]

57. i.suk
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 13:03:38

[QUOTE='[TGN];259561']So when a13x spins with a certain goal in mind, people criticise it. When he takes those criticisms and move away from what he did, people again criticise it. If he doesn't follow any advice and simply spin what he wants, he then falls into one of several categories which leads to criticisms again. He can never please everyone at once, so just let him do what he wants and stop bashing him. [/QUOTE] this happens to basically every 'famous' spinner and not just a13x, so try not to word it as though it's an exceptional circumstance :D it's a fact of life that there will always be criticisms, it's up to the subject to decide what to do with them

58. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 14:15:49

You'll always be criticized because you can never be perfect.

59. Palmito
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 14:23:41

eurocracy wrote: You'll always be criticized because you can never be perfect.
    that's all. @Yaemgo on a compris que tu ne supportais pas la défaite de fel, mais il a perdu, son combo n'étais pas a la hauteur du WT, c'est con.

60. Ivabra
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 14:29:14

eurocracy wrote: You'll always be criticized because you can never be perfect.
    Some spinners are criticized for doing bad things and some are criticized for doing the right thing, that's the difference. Palmito => Just lol.

61. Palmito
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 14:31:54

Ivabra wrote: Palmito => Just lol. Congratulations to Fel2Fram & Supawit127, the TRUE winners of 2013.
    lololololo Pourquoi vous ragez ? Ils ont perdus les gars =)
    Spoilerstop rage guys, they had losing =) ( I don't said Supa and Fel are noob spinner, only to Ivabra they're losing WT13 )
    Et toi qui fait une vidéo de ton combo décomposé car tu n'as pas supporter le bide .. xD ( regardez mon combo est trop fort lol mé jé perdu c pa just )
    Spoilerand you make a decomposed video to show us your r5 combo, you had losing, your combo is not better with decomposed
    good luck to Sutomo and A13x

62. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 14:46:17

Ivabra wrote: Some spinners are criticized for doing bad things and some are criticized for doing the right thing, that's the difference. Palmito => Just lol.
    90% of the time it is for the wrong thing.

63. Ivabra
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 15:10:55

Palmito wrote: lololololo Pourquoi vous ragez ? Ils ont perdus les gars =)
    Spoilerstop rage guys, they had losing =) ( I don't said Supa and Fel are noob spinner, only to Ivabra they're losing WT13 )
    Et toi qui fait une vidéo de ton combo décomposé car tu n'as pas supporter le bide .. xD ( regardez mon combo est trop fort lol mé jé perdu c pa just )
    Spoilerand you make a decomposed video to show us your r5 combo, you had losing, your combo is not better with decomposed
    good luck to Sutomo and A13x
    Oh my god could you just shut up? You're being offensive and you're completely off-topic, I'd prefer arguying with Eurocracy which actually explains his thoughts rather than an asshole who speaks in french on an English forum. So childish. Moreover I don't need to explain why I analized my WT R5 combo, as a semi-finalist I had to provide my best combo and I didn't, this is my way to say that I'm sorry for not being able to film the combo I planned. Just go away if you're here to show how much you're stupid. @eurocracy Yep that's the point, but if you criticize a spinner because he doesn't do the right thing it's more like an advice (if it's said in a good way of course), in this case a13x is criticized because people know he's able to do better things. However being criticized while you're doing the right things is more like pure closed-mindedness, such as Peem & F2F who are people who just brought new things and got criticized for nothing. (sun)

64. Yaemgo
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 18:16:27

@eurocracy Well, of course there is always criticism. And of course different people will always criticize for different things, there's no point to consider everybody as the same person and then say "omg whatever he does you criticize him". For example my main critic at a13x is his structure, and when I criticize it's (mainly) about structure. And when I think his structure is great I say it (cf r5). But well, do you really think you can decide whether which critic is "for the wrong thing" or not ? I'm not sure you are able to do that =)

65. Blue
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 18:16:34

Nice joke Palmito, nice joke. Nice english, also.

66. Palmito
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 18:26:42

Blue wrote: Nice joke Palmito, nice joke. Nice english, also.
    Finally someone who understand and laughs to my jokes

67. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 19:46:00

Goodluck with your life for those who kept posting your argument. Thank you [MENTION]i.suk [/MENTION] for respecting my opinion in the entire thread. And quit with the recycle material shit, by all means, we ALL recycle our materials.

68. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 19:50:28

@i.suk thank you for respecting my opinion. AND for those who mentioned me or replied to me, let me make it clear. I'm not fucking reading your SPEECH. Either make it short or just don't. Goodluck with your life. Sutomo I respect him as a pser too. SO don't think I'm all the way for A13x.

69. Tigres
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 21:42:37

look at all this rage here........

70. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 22:09:15

[QUOTE=Yaemgo;259590]@Ivabra The criticism for those two is not wrongly placed, however, they certaonly could improve. It's easier to visualise with peem, he could certainly do with better links, such as yours or Vics. With Fel2Fram, it's a more difficult thing to consider, he's controversial with some people arguing his style of doing things is good and others arguing it could be done much better.

71. NEPTUNE
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 23:21:15

I have to say i admire eurocracy. Maybe he's sometimes a little bit to blink, try again and again to stop the same raging people, which i think is useless, but he continue in front of all this argument which are not here to debate, or play or fun, only here to win a small battle of opinion in a forum. (Actually several forum, yaemgo, chozo, or iva does exactly the same "debate" in fpsb h24). Good luck to you eurocracy. So they 're just waiting the first wrong thing from a13x to go out of nowhere and raging again. ( There were more cool since one month, they just shut up a little.) So thank you to make the upsb like a "fpsb v2", and enjoy your eternal debate :). I'm going to enjoy in some several asian forum, i think they are more "player" than "debate warrior" :) Thank you for all spinner for all these combo. Great combo from Sutomo and a13x, and i continue to think that this world tournament was totally awesome !!! (sad it's the end, no more powerfull combo of god every 3 weeks :( )

72. Chozodragon
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 23:36:54

I'd love to have an actual constructive debate on the world tour, but being called a raging hater who should "shut up" by people who would apparently not bother to read unless it's short (... wow GGG) or who blatantly insult a WT participant with no grounds and use UPSB as his private battlefield for a petty revenge (... wow Palmito) gets old quite quickly. It is truly sad that people like Yam me Vik Iva I.suk Eriror Nashi (from 5 different boards ...) and others who try to think about what they're watching in order to push penspinning forward for everybody (including us, we discuss penspinning because that's how you learn stuff) should be just violently cast to the ground like that. I don't think we are the real haters here. But oh well, this post has more than three lines, so I should just shut up.

73. Twine
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 05:36:57

All round I think A13x certainly deserved the to win WT and pretty much everyone would agree. It's a shame that his final combo turned out like this.

74. Walkaz
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 07:32:17

[video=youtube;AC2-2nT34nI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC2-2nT34nI[/video]

75. Yaemgo
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 07:43:17

Well, Neptune, when eurocracy argues violently he's a hero struggling against a conspiracy, but whatever we say we're very evil and we should shut up ? You should decide what is exactly a "debate warrior" attitude if you love eurocracy's way of arguing. It's the same thing over and over again, you can say whatever you do if it is "omg u so pro i luv u win WT" but if we want to say we think it's bad we have to write a full essay with a bibliography, and then again we're nothing but jealous ? As Chozo pointed out, 5 different boards at least are participating in this debate, so I don't think we're illuminati from FPSB trying to convert all the world to our opinion as you seem to think. Also it's pretty funny that you believe that our only interest is to wait for every mistake from a13x, but if I look your postcount on, let's say, FPSB, 80% of your posts are related to a13x. Who's obstinate now ? That's a general remark about people who say again and again "come on guys, that's just penspinning, stop arguing". No, evolution comes by arguing and criticizing, not just flattering people. So, what is this famous "player attitude" you're looking for ? A board where no one debate about anything, where no one coments any combo, or only to say "u so pro", where no one actually try to think about what is penspinning and how to improve it ? If that is what you want, just go to JEB and leave us alone.

76. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 08:49:37

Yaemgo wrote: Well, Neptune, when eurocracy argues violently he's a hero struggling against a conspiracy, but whatever we say we're very evil and we should shut up ? You should decide what is exactly a "debate warrior" attitude if you love eurocracy's way of arguing. It's the same thing over and over again, you can say whatever you do if it is "omg u so pro i luv u win WT" but if we want to say we think it's bad we have to write a full essay with a bibliography, and then again we're nothing but jealous ? As Chozo pointed out, 5 different boards at least are participating in this debate, so I don't think we're illuminati from FPSB trying to convert all the world to our opinion as you seem to think. Also it's pretty funny that you believe that our only interest is to wait for every mistake from a13x, but if I look your postcount on, let's say, FPSB, 80% of your posts are related to a13x. Who's obstinate now ? That's a general remark about people who say again and again "come on guys, that's just penspinning, stop arguing". No, evolution comes by arguing and criticizing, not just flattering people. So, what is this famous "player attitude" you're looking for ? A board where no one debate about anything, where no one coments any combo, or only to say "u so pro", where no one actually try to think about what is penspinning and how to improve it ? If that is what you want, just go to JEB and leave us alone.
    It is this kind of mentality I don't really get with regards to my posts. Do I look like a 'struggling warrior', well, I often go against thw flow of popular opinion and express my own rather than what everybody else thinks. However, what you say I do is quite wrong, I mean for one I don't target the pwrson themselves but their argument, I usually only throw in an insult in they've used one against me. Otherwise my arguments are a lot calmer, but as this is a penspinning forum for youths, we have a lot of people who will take things to heart, it is not by any standards a more mature forum with a debate section like FacePunch. I make no claims on my opponent being evil or that they shut up. When I do say something against the opponent themselves, it is because they are throwing out arguments against me rather than the subject. Yaemgo, rather I find you telling me to shut up, for example replying to what I've said with just 'lol' in comments and trying to tell me that I don't deserve to say anything because I'm a 'debate warrior'? Frankly I'm not discouraged. You are more than welcome to disagree with, dislike and hate my argument, but if you then say you don't like me as a result, as many have, I can't take that as a setback as you have not talked to me one on one evwr and you don't really know me, you just know my views. Yaemgo, I think it's also quite rude to attack Neptune directly with his posts about A13x when they have no relevance here at all, also.

77. Reason
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 10:08:43

when did this thread turn in to debating about arguing and methods of arguing? at least stay on topic with WT if you're going to argue here. if you wanna start a rivalry go back to the menowa* mod thread...

78. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 10:24:53

We should all listen to the Voice of Reason here. The discussions about penspinning should be objective and about the combos, not personal differences and rivalries. It's easy to cloud your judgment because of those things, try to take a step back and have a well-reasoned discussion. Typed from my phone, might have spelling mistakes.

79. Yaemgo
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 10:58:39

eurocracy wrote: It is this kind of mentality I don't really get with regards to my posts. Do I look like a 'struggling warrior', well, I often go against thw flow of popular opinion and express my own rather than what everybody else thinks. However, what you say I do is quite wrong, I mean for one I don't target the pwrson themselves but their argument, I usually only throw in an insult in they've used one against me. Otherwise my arguments are a lot calmer, but as this is a penspinning forum for youths, we have a lot of people who will take things to heart, it is not by any standards a more mature forum with a debate section like FacePunch. I make no claims on my opponent being evil or that they shut up. When I do say something against the opponent themselves, it is because they are throwing out arguments against me rather than the subject. Yaemgo, rather I find you telling me to shut up, for example replying to what I've said with just 'lol' in comments and trying to tell me that I don't deserve to say anything because I'm a 'debate warrior'? Frankly I'm not discouraged. You are more than welcome to disagree with, dislike and hate my argument, but if you then say you don't like me as a result, as many have, I can't take that as a setback as you have not talked to me one on one evwr and you don't really know me, you just know my views. Yaemgo, I think it's also quite rude to attack Neptune directly with his posts about A13x when they have no relevance here at all, also.
    What the hell ? I can't even figure out what you understood of my post but it wasn't at all aimed to you, so I don't even understand what you are saying here x) And, yeah you're right, I must totally be rude to talk about Neptune's posts related to a13x. Oh, wait.

80. Chozodragon
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 11:03:26

Twine wrote: All round I think A13x certainly deserved the to win WT and pretty much everyone would agree. It's a shame that his final combo turned out like this.
    Yeah I agree with the second part, especially given thant A13X was given 20/20, I expected the match to be decided for A13X, but did not expect this combo ..

81. Alvaris
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 17:27:01

this thread = tl;dr all i can say is shut up plz where are all the reviews and predictions on the combos like in the wc12

82. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 18:37:54

Yaemgo;259673]What the hell ? I can't even figure out what you understood of my post but it wasn't at all aimed to you, so I don't even understand what you are saying here x) And, yeah you're right, I must totally be rude to talk about Neptune's posts related to a13x. Oh, wait.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Yaemgo wrote: [B]Well, Neptune, when eurocracy argues violently he's a hero struggling against a conspiracy, but whatever we say we're very evil and we should shut up ? You should decide what is exactly a "debate warrior" attitude if you love eurocracy's way of arguing. [/B] It's the same thing over and over again, you can say whatever you do if it is "omg u so pro i luv u win WT" but if we want to say we think it's bad we have to write a full essay with a bibliography, and then again we're nothing but jealous ? As Chozo pointed out, 5 different boards at least are participating in this debate, so I don't think we're illuminati from FPSB trying to convert all the world to our opinion as you seem to think. Also it's pretty funny that you believe that our only interest is to wait for every mistake from a13x, but if I look your postcount on, let's say, FPSB, 80% of your posts are related to a13x. Who's obstinate now ? That's a general remark about people who say again and again "come on guys, that's just penspinning, stop arguing". No, evolution comes by arguing and criticizing, not just flattering people. So, what is this famous "player attitude" you're looking for ? A board where no one debate about anything, where no one coments any combo, or only to say "u so pro", where no one actually try to think about what is penspinning and how to improve it ? If that is what you want, just go to JEB and leave us alone.
    Bold is specifically talking about me. If you have no reason to bring me into this and you think what he has said is irrelevant, then don't reply to it. Underlined is where your context is where you would be referring to me literally, but possibly have made a mistake not changing who you're talking about to neptune. Nonetheless, his posts about A13x aren't actually hypocritical, so you cannot even call him a hypocrite, which is a fallacy anyway. It has no basis here at all and is irrelevant. The fact that he has spoken mainly to support someone doesn't mean what he says is wrong. Anyway, what NEPTUNE is tying to say, though I don't think it's quite laid out properly, it's quite hard to express. There is quite a lot of tension specifically between FPSB and A13x from what I have heard from others, with multiple members disliking him that have been waiting for the moment.

83. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 19:16:10

I give mad respect for eurocracy because he even though everyone thinks he's wrong, he still want to share his words. Props to you and Yaemgo should chill the fuck out. No respect for anyone around here man. If Neptune supports Euro then respect his opinion, you always find things offensive even though it wasn't meant to be.

84. sparking
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 20:03:02

i just read everything in this thread. people who are too lazy to do that should keep lurking on a topic better suited for their limited minds. both combos don't have an impressive construction or non real at all, but a13x's is worse. sutomo does that basic korean/japanese way of constructing a combo. he does it part by part, but with good connections between them. starter -> (connection) -> middle part -> (connection) -> finisher a13x's combo is basically just going for the 'wow' effect by executing impressive looking linkages one after another. no real construction. it's just part -> part -> part. it is normal that both spinners recycle material and by recycling i don't mean copying, it is the 6th round of the world tournament after all. if you think they shouldn't have done that because its the final round blabla you are just not being realistic. please dont start with fanboying here, 'b b b but xxxx could've come up with an all new super original combo'. there will always be elements being recycled. i personally dislike a13x's way of submitting his combo this round. uploading the first one, wait for public opinion, public opinion was bad, then refilming. that was unfair. your opponent submitted his combo the honest way, even the refilmed one before you submitted your first. but well, this is done and i am happy that you chose your first video in the end. all in all i am a bit disappointed about the final round. i was expecting a bit more. sutomo will be the one winning this.

85. Palmito
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 20:37:44

sparking wrote: a13x's combo is basically just going for the 'wow' effect by executing impressive looking linkages one after another. no real construction. it's just part -> part -> part.
    Okay .. But why is worst than Sutomo's construction ? We know A13x do all his combos with this construction. Why is bad to change the basical " construction " of a combo ? It's his style, his construction and explain me WHY it's worst than sutomo ? If penspinning is just starter -> (connection) -> middle part -> (connection) -> finisher with difficult(?) tricks and beautiful tricks in WT, penspinning is really shit. sry for my very bad english .

86. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 21:15:59

Palmito wrote: Okay .. But why is worst than Sutomo's construction ? We know A13x do all his combos with this construction. Why is bad to change the basical " construction " of a combo ? It's his style, his construction and explain me WHY it's worst than sutomo ? If penspinning is just starter -> (connection) -> middle part -> (connection) -> finisher with difficult(?) tricks and beautiful tricks in WT, penspinning is really shit. sry for my very bad english .
    My main gripe with A13X's combo is the lack of coherence. The difficulty is all over the place, and that's mostly because of how he pasted all the parts together. He has a lot of sturdy parts, but the glue that he uses is of very low quality. It's insane trick into twisted sonics and charges into insane trick again! Quite frankly, it looks more like a freestyle than anything else this way. While Sutomo's combo looks more repetitive and has less 10/10 difficulty moments, it has more consistancy, both in structure and difficulty.

87. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 21:17:53

Because it's an ugly and unpredictable construction. An example is Fel2Fram where the construction is so heavily changed that you cannot follow the combo. A13x is not as bad but he's not sutomo, who maintains the same, followable level throughout. I don't think it was really a freestyle though, it's more planned than that eriror. More he didn't fill in more complicated links to put the pen where it needs to be and uses simple tricks to align the pen.

88. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 21:23:48

eurocracy wrote: I don't think it was really a freestyle though, it's more planned than that eriror. More he didn't fill in more complicated links to put the pen where it needs to be and uses simple tricks to align the pen.
    I did not imply that it was a freestyle. I'm saying that the combo structure perfectly follows that of one, because most spinners have less time to think of complicated linkages inbetween the tense moments.

89. sparking
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 21:29:15

fel2fram has a flow in his combo. although his flow is not the kind i like, its not a bad way of doing it. that is basically what i miss in a13x's combo. the connection part which leads to a nice flow is missing. sutomo does this pretty good

90. Palmito
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 21:41:52

I understand your arguments but A13x's combos are all same construction. Maybe you see a freestyle but it is his style and is really no freestyle. It's just a illusion . Soooo, if it's a illusion, structure of a combo is very subjective and mustn't get in jugement. Yaemgo post say : " The originality aspect : This is where the construction of a combo becomes important. Indeed when you judge the originality of a combo you can’t consider the tricks one by one, you also have to judge how the tricks are linked together " But if all pen spinner do a combo with perfect connexion, perfect construction ( starter -> (connection) -> middle part -> (connection) -> finisher ), where is originality now ? Remember Peem and his construction, it was wooooow and it was a construction never see ! Now it's not original, easy ( maybe not xD ), and famous. I think A13x combo are like Peem in 2009, crazy and difficult with no standar construction ( critical critical critical ). And yesterday ( 2009 ), anyone ask itself if his construction was good or not and all the same, legends was born ( peem, supa, Seven, s777, a13x, freeman ( you like freeman construction. So i wait your argument )).. ) ! Conclusion : WT jugement is still subjective .. ^^

91. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 21:44:22

sparking wrote: fel2fram has a flow in his combo. although his flow is not the kind i like, its not a bad way of doing it. that is basically what i miss in a13x's combo. the connection part which leads to a nice flow is missing. sutomo does this pretty good
    In this combo he is lacking flow indeed. I thought his R5 was much better, though. Fel2Fram is a wholle different subkect, his flow is actually hard to follow and you could say he is overdoing it.

92. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 21:51:24

votes for sutomo bounced back up :O We all seemed to be disappointed at A13x's R6 combo and embraced his previous combos, but he*A13x* says the exact opposite. This makes me question my judging ability. lol

93. magoochy
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 21:55:28

a13x video was slowed down x5 and thats pertty much the only physical way you can see a13x mistatkes and u can see all of his combo all the time everywere with so many tricks no one ive seen has ever done besides him. another reason i think he should win is the fact you cant see too much of sutomos combo the angle was ok but a13x just its unbeleveable how nice and amazing his set up is and if it wasnt for this idk if anyone would have ever sawn that mistake if he relesed his combo like sutomo. all in all i think he put alot more work and effort than sutomo did for the wt13 and think if sutomo would have had the lighting camera angle quality and fps that a13x had maybe you would see how much he messed up in his combo

94. sparking
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 21:57:19

Palmito;259717] But if all pen spinner do a combo with perfect connexion, perfect construction ( starter -> (connection) -> middle part -> (connection) -> finisher ), where is originality now ? [/QUOTE] That is not a perfect one. It's a rather simpler, even boring way of doing it, which i said in my first post as well. peem constructed his combos back in 09 the same way. the tricks he used were just 'newer' and really impressive back in those days [QUOTE=magoochy wrote: and if it wasnt for this idk if anyone would have ever sawn that mistake if he relesed his combo like sutomo.
    yes. everybody who takes this seriously has seen it and would've seen it even without the slowmotion. dont think we dont notice the flaws in sutomos combo

95. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 22:00:33

magoochy wrote: a13x video was slowed down x5 and thats pertty much the only physical way you can see a13x mistatkes and u can see all of his combo all the time everywere with so many tricks no one ive seen has ever done besides him. another reason i think he should win is the fact you cant see too much of sutomos combo the angle was ok but a13x just its unbeleveable how nice and amazing his set up is and if it wasnt for this idk if anyone would have ever sawn that mistake if he relesed his combo like sutomo. all in all i think he put alot more work and effort than sutomo did for the wt13 and think if sutomo would have had the lighting camera angle quality and fps that a13x had maybe you would see how much he messed up in his combo
    Introducing.... the comma(,) and the period(.) Idk, A13x has done most of those tricks already. I think that's what people are complaining about: recycling materials.

96. magoochy
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 22:09:46

[QUOTE='Leon[HKPSA];259723']Introducing.... the comma(,) and the period(.) Idk, A13x has done most of those tricks already. I think that's what people are complaining about: recycling materials.[/QUOTE] i could agree with that one

97. magoochy
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 22:12:23

sparking wrote: That is not a perfect one. It's a rather simpler, even boring way of doing it, which i said in my first post as well. peem constructed his combos back in 09 the same way. the tricks he used were just 'newer' and really impressive back in those days yes. everybody who takes this seriously has seen it and would've seen it even without the slowmotion. dont think we dont notice the flaws in sutomos combo
    and sorry but no everyone looked at a13xs 1 mistake and made a freaking huge deal about it even if u do see the erriors in sutomos combo no one seems to care about then ive seen alot of penspinners do what sutomo can do its not too new sorry and the amount of new things i have never seen before that a13x has released in this tournament are just unbeleveable

98. Yaemgo
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 23:03:46

Well, that's why WT is judged by selected judges and not by a general poll, my dear.

99. Sponge
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 23:44:56

Oh god. First of all, @magoochy, please use periods and commas, otherwise it makes your text hard to read. Would be really nice of you 8( Not sure what you said in your last post, but I guess it was something like "A13X made one mistake and everybody's losing their minds, but sutomo can make a mistake and no one cares". Oh well, not commenting on that one, seriously, I just don't want to. =D And the other point was something like "Other spinners made sutomo's stuff already but A13X made so much new stuff". Even if he made so much new stuff, that's just one criteria for judging, you don't win the whole WT because of only inventing stuff, ok! And he's not even THAT revolutionary. Structure thing: Uhh...I don't know but I like the plain old korean structure more than the chaotic, unbalanced structure of A13X, but that might be me. =D Soo, I don't really give a fuck right now about this discussion, so I'm just stating my opinion (HUEHUEHUE) here: A13X: Good combo, but rather disappointing compared to the rounds before. Typical Wow-Combo, especially with the spin at the beginning, which is the problem at the same time, because putting something like that at the beginning...oh well. Talked about the combo structure already, stuff in between was ok, but not exceptional. Too bad for the ending though. sutomo: Well, the rounds before were better as well. But since I prefer the structure and his style and the stuff was harder and better connected, I prefer him over A13X. In conclusion, both were better before, but sutomo wins this.

100. i.suk
    Date: Wed, May 22 2013 01:22:10

magoochy wrote: and sorry but no everyone looked at a13xs 1 mistake and made a freaking huge deal about it e
    it's a WT do you turn up to an elite ballet performance to see the dancers trip over each other on the last steps? nope. i know it's hypocritical for me to comment about execution :rofl: but a conspicuous (yes, it's obvious to a fair number of people) mistake in the finals of a world tournament (read: meant to be some of the best spinners in the world) who filmed and trained for ages to make their best video for that round is pretty major sure, a lot of people have execution errors/execution isn't flawless (in fact nearly everyone doesn't have flawless execution in WT), but eriror's and sutomo's (and most others in WT) don't have such a mistake in the ending regardless of a13x's spinning in general being really crazy, a single large mistake means criteria can give you a 2 or 2.5/5 rather than a 3.5 which a13x probably would get if the ending was caught properly, since most matches in wt are dediced by a margin of < 1.5 points, this is a huge difference

101. Chobi
    Date: Thu, May 23 2013 17:16:41

sutomo was pretty much a dark horse til the semis, no one expected him to go this far

102. Nashi
    Date: Thu, May 23 2013 17:49:10

[QUOTE="magoochy"] all in all i think he put alot more work and effort than sutomo did for the wt13 and think if sutomo would have had the lighting camera angle quality and fps that a13x had maybe you would see how much he messed up in his combo [/QUOTE] That is very disrespectful against Sutomo. I don't care how much of a a13x fanboy you are, but don't downplay sutomos achievements like that.

103. Ivabra
    Date: Thu, May 23 2013 18:05:38

@magoochy How long have you been subscribed to stupidity ? And obviously its usually easier for somebody to get impressed by powertricks so i guess your judging skills arent good enough to understand how sutomo's combos are impressive. Pleasz respect at least what he provides even though you might not like it

104. magoochy
    Date: Thu, May 23 2013 20:32:31

Ivabra wrote: @magoochy How long have you been subscribed to stupidity ? And obviously its usually easier for somebody to get impressed by powertricks so i guess your judging skills arent good enough to understand how sutomo's combos are impressive. Pleasz respect at least what he provides even though you might not like it
    i didnt mean any disreaspec for sutomo in the comment an never said his combo was no good and i acually really liked you it i was just dissapointed about how the total judging went down. I cant beleve you..... i though u were better than that or a least a little bit nicer and second of all are u really going as low to call me stupid just cus you dont approve of my ansewer its just an opinion sorry for experssing it there may ba a couple erriors in that but u get the point

105. Chozodragon
    Date: Thu, May 23 2013 20:35:56

No offence but everytime you spell error i read eriror. So I imagined chibi Erirors popping up in Sutomo's combo. Thanks for that. (again, no mocking intended)

106. Ivabra
    Date: Fri, May 24 2013 06:00:09

Expressing an opinion doesnt allow you to be disrespectful though.

107. Nashi
    Date: Fri, May 24 2013 21:39:46

GPC send.

108. bio8
    Date: Sat, May 25 2013 14:29:12

SPSB send.

109. Zombo
    Date: Sat, May 25 2013 19:45:16

received: SPSC BPSC IPSB SPSB GPC TWPS PPSC VPC BRPSB LPSA

110. Escorpio123
    Date: Mon, May 27 2013 09:29:53

I would like to see the results already :hmm:.

Ivabra;259937]Expressing an opinion doesnt allow you to be disrespectful though.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=magoochy wrote: i didnt mean any disreaspec for sutomo in the comment an never said his combo was no good

111. Razer
    Date: Mon, May 27 2013 11:18:02

congratz sutomo..:))

112. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, May 27 2013 14:11:38

Results available here: http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=15089

113. Yaemgo
    Date: Mon, May 27 2013 16:53:52

Ok, just something in order to (maybe) warn someone in WT organization : When PPSC's full judgement is :

winner: a13x The reverse thumbspin at the intro did it for me. But seriously, I appreciated both combos. Sutomo actually had good control with his combos, appreciable timing and smoothness. It is indeed, a good combo. a13x also has expanded PSing a little bit. I liked his PU(or palm side) index spin at one point. And his Palm Air to Side Shadow Fall or some sorts. Both did well - well pleased. I choose a13x.
    Don't you think maybe it's necessary to think again about the judging process and judges selection ? Here it doesn't matter they voted for a13x, if they had voted for sutomo I'd have said the same thing.

114. VikroaL
    Date: Mon, May 27 2013 17:03:58

Even though if the result is the same, I would give a warning to the communities, since some of the judgings are fairly ridiculous. For the coming WTs I'd love to see any kind of system to improve, not the judging system itself, but the quality of the judgings. I know it's almost impossible to ask for proper judges in every community, but seriously, some of the results were simply lame. Judges kept giving 5/5 in every category and I'm afraid there were judges who didn't even see A13x's mistake. Even with the slowmo. Would it be too harsh to ask for any kind of penalization system for those communities whose judging is poor? Not talking about the straight 20/20s especifically, but also about results just like Yaemgo quoted. That is not a proper judging for damn finals... But hey, that's another topic for the next years. Congrats sutomo! yeee :3