UPSB v4

Fundamental Tricks / Thumbaround Reverse

1. JC
    Date: Tue, Jun 8 2010 09:00:48

[B]Thumbaround Reverse[/B] This trick involves pushing the pen with the index finger around the thumb so that it spins 360 degrees and in a clockwise fashion (right handed). The initial position of this trick is the final position of the Thumbaround Normal, so that it can be performed right after doing a Thumbaround. It moves in the exact opposite direction as Thumbaround Normal. video Tutorial by shoeman6 video Tutorial by KTrinh93 Video Tutorial by Pari UPSB Wiki entry

2. Radek
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 07:44:30

An advice not always mentioned but that actually helps a lot if someone struggles with learning the ta rev is to consciously move the thumb to the right (for right-handed) while the pen is rotating. People tend to focus on the push and often believe the pen will spin around the thumb by itself once they did a nice push, and they still fail without understanding why. Get the habit to move your thumb toward the right. This helped me a lot back when I was learning this trick.

3. Hyukan
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 03:38:40

I cant do this trick without any mod without any engraved writing on the pen xD

4. PL_MRL
    Date: Mon, Sep 27 2010 13:10:15

I'm having problems when catching the damn pencil. Sometimes it just spins on my thumb forever, and when I catch it lands between my thumb and index finger. I think I just need to practice some more but if someone's got a tip post it.

5. PL_MRL
    Date: Mon, Sep 27 2010 14:46:02

An advice not always mentioned but that actually helps a lot if someone struggles with learning the ta rev is to consciously move the thumb to the right (for right-handed) while the pen is rotating. People tend to focus on the push and often believe the pen will spin around the thumb by itself once they did a nice push, and they still fail without understanding why. Get the habit to move your thumb toward the right. This helped me a lot back when I was learning this trick.
    This actually helps lol....

6. Lapig
    Date: Tue, Oct 5 2010 19:05:43

When I try to do ta rev I always end up pushing the pen into my knuckle rather than around my thumb, anyone else have this problem or some advice?

7. spinnerhui
    Date: Wed, Oct 6 2010 01:05:01

Lapig wrote: When I try to do ta rev I always end up pushing the pen into my knuckle rather than around my thumb, anyone else have this problem or some advice?
    We've all had this problem if you mean the second knuckle on the thumb...move your thumb farther away from the cop and aim to scratch the first knuckle of the thumb...hope that helps. xDDD

8. Lapig
    Date: Wed, Oct 6 2010 02:33:16

spinnerhui wrote: We've all had this problem if you mean the second knuckle on the thumb...move your thumb farther away from the cop and aim to scratch the first knuckle of the thumb...hope that helps. xDDD
    Yeah that helps, I thought I was the only one and my hand was too small or something but thats good lol =D

9. lvk96
    Date: Thu, Oct 7 2010 06:32:00

Radek wrote: An advice not always mentioned but that actually helps a lot if someone struggles with learning the ta rev is to consciously move the thumb to the right (for right-handed) while the pen is rotating. People tend to focus on the push and often believe the pen will spin around the thumb by itself once they did a nice push, and they still fail without understanding why. Get the habit to move your thumb toward the right. This helped me a lot back when I was learning this trick.
    another tip is to tilt the hand very slightly to the right (if you're right handed), and lift the thumb a bit when you are about the catch the pen.

10. xSeasonx
    Date: Sun, Oct 17 2010 17:05:50

hi after seeing the tutorial, i kind of got it in 5 minutes and i tried doing the TA reverse and i got da motion, just not the catch thou its not smooth yet. is tht a good thing? im using rsvp mx as of yesterday after modding it i started pen spinning a wk back

11. JackyMacky
    Date: Sun, Oct 17 2010 20:12:55

it's a good start. just work on catching it correctly and smoothing it out. all it takes is practice. :)

12. lagbeast
    Date: Sat, Nov 6 2010 22:55:59

this is so hard, it took me a while to finally got the pen to spin the right way (im left handed) but it doesnt go around my thumb. it fells off after going about 1/5 way around my thumb. any suggestions?

13. shoeman6
    Date: Sat, Nov 6 2010 23:08:39

This trick was hard for me as welll... pretend you are scratching the barrel (timeless advice) with your index finger as you push it, a lot of the problem is learning the push, maybe try folding the index figner to 90 degrees for your push as well, try to do a thumb around and use that momentum for the push back, also remember the pen should go AROUND the thumb not on top of it.

14. lagbeast
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 00:09:22

yeah...trying really hard to make it go around the thumb instead of on top of it, but it doesnt seem like it wants to LOL

15. Hidekyo
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 00:37:34

it was hard for a clear barreled mod like a rsvp mod. But i still learned it.

16. lagbeast
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 01:04:33

im practicing with a pencil / bictory at the moment

17. itzDaKine
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 02:25:22

i forgot whos tut it was but he said "push the barrel awith your index finger as if squeezing a gun trigger" that actually helped alot. so try thinkmof it that way and see if it helps you as well.

18. lagbeast
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 02:41:14

itzDaKine wrote: i forgot whos tut it was but he said "push the barrel awith your index finger as if squeezing a gun trigger" that actually helped alot. so try thinkmof it that way and see if it helps you as well.
    its the first tutorial i think, and i've been practicing to do it that way. It might be the way my thumb is position because it doesnt seem like the pen wants to go around it. it just spins half way then flies off the the thumb update: not sure how, but i guess im getting used to it. it goes over the thumb but it's looking really ugly when it goes over + the catching part xD

19. Nikolaos
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 10:53:35

I remember that actually before I learned rev TA I did fingerless rev TA. It helped because I was able to catch it easier then.

20. poptrops
    Date: Sun, Nov 28 2010 04:05:19

i can only do this trick after i do the normal thumbaround... :)

21. scout
    Date: Sun, Nov 28 2010 18:20:33

Really, for me I don't even do it correctly. I just make it rest like a normal pen, and then just use momentum with my hand to make it spin. :/

22. ChainBreak
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 21:47:14

I think that would be a fingerless TA Rev, cuz you use your hand to make the pen spin. Just Ta Rev just uses the fingers to push the pen. At least that's what I think...

23. PHspinner
    Date: Wed, Dec 1 2010 15:25:27

good help for novice,, me i know thumb reverse in 10mins

24. Hidekyo
    Date: Thu, Dec 2 2010 00:38:01

What helped me learn it was that it is really the exact opposite of the normal TA. It took awhile for me to learn the actual force to push the pen but pratice makes perfect.

25. Sam
    Date: Sat, Dec 4 2010 05:53:04

yeah, the position for a ta rev is right after a TA. All you have to do for the TA Rev, is get into position. "pull the trigger" and lift your thumb way up high. Like lift it really high. then catch.

26. Hidekyo
    Date: Sat, Dec 4 2010 14:42:09

i felt that the FL TA wa easier to learn cuz the "trigger" was a hard part for me.

27. J A Z Z
    Date: Sun, Dec 5 2010 02:18:13

Thats intresting cause i learned the rev. before i learnt the TA!

28. Soren
    Date: Mon, Dec 13 2010 18:42:05

if anyone is having problems with catching the pen after the push then here is a tip. you will notice that after the push and if you dont move your thumb the pen will not go to the original position. to tackle this problem, you need to move your thumb to the right (if you are right handed, if you are left, then move your thumb to the left) about 3/4 after the push. And that should solve your problem.

29. KingBeast24
    Date: Thu, Dec 30 2010 00:42:02

I'm still not getting it I've tried tilting my hand a little and moving my thumb but its not working. I'm using a RSVP MX.

30. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Dec 30 2010 01:44:05

Don't worry it can be difficult. Just keep practicing, watch some more videos of it. just practicing the motion needed by the index finger may help as well if that's a problem.

31. KingBeast24
    Date: Thu, Dec 30 2010 02:08:49

Yeah your right but I find it easier to do with a regular pen cuz then I can sometimes get it but with a mod i cant

32. Cloud
    Date: Sat, Feb 19 2011 21:24:34

its real easy with a mod with lot of momentum its weird... one day i didnt know how to do AT ALL then the next day i did like 10 in a row (without practicing)

33. Mageta
    Date: Tue, Feb 22 2011 02:12:30

This is incredibly frustrating, I got this down on the fourth day, felt pretty good about it, went to bed and it was all gone the next day. So finally i picked it up again after 7 days of practice and once again felt pretty good about it, I could do thumbaround and then reverse, back and forth four times, but once again I woke up today and it's just gone. I don't understand how I can keep falling back to square one after getting the hang of it twice.

34. Cloud
    Date: Tue, Feb 22 2011 03:18:11

@Mageta pratice harmonic while ur doing other stuff ie. watching tv (during ads) everyday. Thats how i got the consistency

35. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Mar 1 2011 11:33:37

@Mageta I had the same problem too. Also, I wasn't able to get a good constant number of Ta. harmornics for a long time. I found what helped was practicing both the normal and the reverse on the same plane. What I mean is, try to do the tricks as horizontal as possible. Make sure that both the Rev and the normal are moving along the same axis. It will help multiply your TA harmonic count to infinity. You could also try doing the trick closer to the tip of the thumb as possible. Try to keep your index finger close to your the top of your first thumb phalanx as possible and your Middle finger as close to the bottom of your thumb phalanx as possible. Keep the motion of you fingers to a minimum.

36. QuinnC11
    Date: Fri, Mar 4 2011 21:01:06

Having a lot of issues with this trick myself right now. I can't get the push right, i'm sure once i get the push i will figure it out. But the pen keeps getting stuck on the knuckle closest to my nail on my index finger. I positioned my hand like shown in the video :(, don't know what to try at this point. Read through this whole thread and still nothing has changed for me. Guess i'll keep practicing in the mean time but its very discouraging.

37. Cloud
    Date: Fri, Mar 4 2011 23:43:38

@QuinnC11 i had the same problem Dont focus on the catch AT ALL. Get the spin first i found that tilting my hand downwards a little helps but you might have to experiment with the tilting once you get that, the catch is super easy

38. TheAafg
    Date: Sat, Mar 5 2011 05:17:26

QuinnC11 wrote: Having a lot of issues with this trick myself right now. I can't get the push right, i'm sure once i get the push i will figure it out. But the pen keeps getting stuck on the knuckle closest to my nail on my index finger. I positioned my hand like shown in the video :(, don't know what to try at this point. Read through this whole thread and still nothing has changed for me. Guess i'll keep practicing in the mean time but its very discouraging.
    do the "scratch the barrel" thing and don't move your thumb at all when doing the trick

39. MadHatter
    Date: Sun, Mar 6 2011 11:56:36

Radek wrote: An advice not always mentioned but that actually helps a lot if someone struggles with learning the ta rev is to consciously move the thumb to the right (for right-handed) while the pen is rotating. People tend to focus on the push and often believe the pen will spin around the thumb by itself once they did a nice push, and they still fail without understanding why. Get the habit to move your thumb toward the right. This helped me a lot back when I was learning this trick.
    Will keep in mind when I get past the push.

40. brian685
    Date: Sun, Mar 6 2011 14:56:47

When you get the push of the pen to go around your thumb(you can feel it rotating around your thumb), and when the pen is on the back of your thumb..as Radek said..move your thumb to right..(or back.whteves comforable).that will cause the pen to rotate around your thumb and fall rigt into T12..hopes this help

41. QuinnC11
    Date: Mon, Mar 7 2011 06:09:11

I got the push finally :), now i just have to get it to not spin on top of my thumb and i have to get the catch right, i keep catching it in my palm or in some other wierd position. Also i cannot do a half rotation or a single rotation, i always do 1.5 or 2 full revolutions, guess i have to keep practicing :). Thanks guys. EDIT--- Finally got it! Just got it like 6 times in a row :). Now i guess its off to learn the Sonic Rev

42. ynomir50
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 23:33:51

Hi everyone....I'm new so tell me if I'm doing something wrong with posting! :D Anyways, I've been trying to get this one inconsistently for months. At first I thought I had it, but then I realized that I was spinning it over the top knuckle of my index finger (which is doing the pushing, for clarification). I'm sure I'm doing something wrong with the push.....can someone help? Thanks :D

43. V-Storm
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 02:35:28

ynomir50 wrote: Hi everyone....I'm new so tell me if I'm doing something wrong with posting! :D Anyways, I've been trying to get this one inconsistently for months. At first I thought I had it, but then I realized that I was spinning it over the top knuckle of my index finger (which is doing the pushing, for clarification). I'm sure I'm doing something wrong with the push.....can someone help? Thanks :D
    Perhaps you are pushing too weakly. It should be a firm "squeeze" on the pen.

44. ynomir50
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 03:06:49

Err.....sorry for my incompetence of understanding but what should be a firm squeeze?

45. V-Storm
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 03:17:36

Well, this is how I personally learned it. Start in a TA Rev position, except the index finger is near the thumb, so that the pen does not move, while pinching or squeezing the pen. Not too hard, but firm. Then "scratch" the pen with the index finger downward and allow the pen to move in it's motion using the index finger to kinda guide the pen. It's kinda of hard to explain..sorry.

46. Krypton
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 14:33:41

@ynomir50 Just listen to Eso's tutorial. (I know he closed down his channel, but LQT has mirrored all his videos) And here's an extra pointer: hold the pen really loosely, like just let the pen rest on your hand. And when you push with your index, (I don't 'scratch' it like most people do) keep your finger in contact with the pen until it goes over your thumb. And your index should lightly press on your thumbflap. The catch is the easy part. Hope I helped :D

47. ynomir50
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 23:27:25

I still don't completely have it.....I think the only problem right now is that it doesn't go around the thumb, it either goes around my index or it spins in the "C" that I made with my hand.

48. Krypton
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 09:35:57

ynomir50 wrote: I still don't completely have it.....I think the only problem right now is that it doesn't go around the thumb, it either goes around my index or it spins in the "C" that I made with my hand.
    You have to sort of "angle" your push to make it go around your thumb, instead of on top. It's very difficult to explain, I used to and still get stuck sometimes.

49. ynomir50
    Date: Sun, Apr 24 2011 03:42:52

I got it! Thanks everyone :D

50. jet
    Date: Sun, Apr 24 2011 03:55:48

when i learned it, I got stuck because i was trying to do it like pulling a trigger, but u have to curl your finger in to your thumbflap.

51. kspeeder
    Date: Thu, May 5 2011 14:16:08

is learning the rev TA really important? i really just wwant to skip it..

52. penicillin-408
    Date: Thu, May 12 2011 02:11:29

hi peoples im new to this forum. right now im trying to do a ta rev but i can't even get one complete spin. i can spin it but not around the thumb it just flies off my hands. and i keep scratching my pencil (brand new unsharpened one) with my index finger, my pencil is getting all scratched up and stuff. thanks for the help!

53. psych
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 08:34:32

i cant even spin it...... i cant push the pen n when i push it, it doesnt turn... it flies out of my hand without turning

54. trust-no-one
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 01:43:55

Oh my god, I just did the reverse thumbaround after an hour of practice!!! Lol an english and science lesson well spent These tips really helped! Now I can do the Thumbaround Normal/Reverse, Fingerpass Normal/Reverse, Sonic Normal and Charge Normal, 2 more to go! tno

55. Soren
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 21:32:06

trust-no-one wrote: Oh my god, I just did the reverse thumbaround after an hour of practice!!! Lol an english and science lesson well spent These tips really helped! Now I can do the Thumbaround Normal/Reverse, Fingerpass Normal/Reverse, Sonic Normal and Charge Normal, 2 more to go! tno
    wow that is great progress, took me about a week to learn it, but i didnt spend an hour a day, but more like a few mins a day

56. Nicetricks
    Date: Thu, Jun 2 2011 19:23:28

penicillin-408 wrote: hi peoples im new to this forum. right now im trying to do a ta rev but i can't even get one complete spin. i can spin it but not around the thumb it just flies off my hands. and i keep scratching my pencil (brand new unsharpened one) with my index finger, my pencil is getting all scratched up and stuff. thanks for the help!
    I'd say just try to remain contact with the pencil and your index finger for as long as possible before letting go so you can kinda guide it.

57. MiPa04
    Date: Thu, Jun 2 2011 20:52:23

Got that now^^ I'm kind of insecure with it, but I think I can manage it. ;)

58. juggalo666666
    Date: Fri, Jun 3 2011 14:15:54

it took me till now to get good at it all you have to do is push around the back of your thumb with your index finger and catch with your middle, it will feel a little awkward at first.

59. Kari
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 09:44:54

I use my middle finger to give it a little extra push as well as with the index. So index finger pushes around back of the thumb while at the same time middle finger pushes out in front of the thumb. And I can do it very well. :) just have to find what works best for you. ~KTSpinner~

60. nitromanonesix
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 05:07:39

I could never catch it right before. First time i tried it using this advice i landed it perfect.

61. Kari
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 07:04:43

That's great! :D I'm happy to hear that! ~KTSpinner~

62. Zealot
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 04:24:21

I'm kinda getting the spin for the most part just having a hard time getting the pen to land back where TA Normal starts at.

63. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 04:43:42

@Zealot if you aren't having any problems on the catch then you need to do it more firmly so the pen goes around without any sliding, Really this is one of those things that should go away with a bit more practice.

64. Zealot
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 05:04:56

I am having trouble with the catch. I'm sure I'll get it with practice though :) I keep catching it with my pinky :s it's not coming up enough to my index finger most of the time.

65. Kari
    Date: Tue, Jun 28 2011 07:14:14

Zealot wrote: I am having trouble with the catch. I'm sure I'll get it with practice though :) I keep catching it with my pinky :s it's not coming up enough to my index finger most of the time.
    You're on the right track if you can actually get it to go around your thumb though. :) ~KTSpinner~

66. Sky
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 09:19:33

I need help~ I can't get the pen to start spinning. It's to slippery to use my nails! thx

67. Kari
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 14:36:38

Sky wrote: I need help~ I can't get the pen to start spinning. It's to slippery to use my nails! thx
    You don't use your nail. You basically use the side of your index finger to push with. ~KTSpinner~

68. Sky
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 15:07:18

Okay thx, I'll try that.

69. Kari
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 16:24:42

Sky wrote: Okay thx, I'll try that.
    Good luck. ~KTSpinner~

70. aRandomAsian
    Date: Tue, Jul 5 2011 12:39:24

i cant get it to go around my thumb... :(

71. aRandomAsian
    Date: Tue, Jul 5 2011 12:43:55

which pen is best for the reverse thumb around?

72. Advecticity
    Date: Tue, Jul 5 2011 17:55:33

You would usually want something that isn't too short. An unsharpened pencil is plenty good enough.

73. Kari
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 06:05:03

aRandomAsian wrote: which pen is best for the reverse thumb around?
    Like the above said, not too short. What you would want is an evenly weighted pen where cop=cog. And longer pens make it easier due to the weight of the tips pulling at the ends as it spins around. TA Rev is quite a but more complicated than the regular counterpart but with practice and maybe a tut or two you can do it with ease. ~KTSpinner~

74. Wolfe
    Date: Fri, Jul 8 2011 20:14:00

Nearly got this down, so hard though.

75. Kari
    Date: Sat, Jul 9 2011 04:08:48

Wolfe wrote: Nearly got this down, so hard though.
    It is. Just keep practicing and don't give up. ~KTSpinner~

76. Wolfe
    Date: Sun, Jul 10 2011 15:57:33

3 days work now, pretty much mastered it.

77. Kari
    Date: Mon, Jul 11 2011 04:08:09

Wolfe wrote: 3 days work now, pretty much mastered it.
    Great job! :D ~KTSpinner~

78. Zac
    Date: Wed, Jul 27 2011 13:25:56

Every time when I try to the rev thing wiv my index somehow my index's nail always scrap the grip and not even my nail hurts and also the pen doesn't spin can any one help?

79. Awesome
    Date: Wed, Jul 27 2011 21:57:41

Zac wrote: Every time when I try to the rev thing wiv my index somehow my index's nail always scrap the grip and not even my nail hurts and also the pen doesn't spin can any one help?
    Your index finger should move parallel to your thumb, almost as if you were scratching the inside part of your thumb with your index. Don't put too much pressure, maybe try with a pencil, or something without a grip to get in your way while you're learning.

80. Zac
    Date: Thu, Jul 28 2011 06:13:59

Omg man that helped so much wiv the parallel thingy thx man:)

81. ix3Elemental
    Date: Thu, Jul 28 2011 10:08:58

I have the spin down. But I can't seem to catch it properly, my ring finger just doesn't move out. I end up catching it with my entire hand. Guess I need to practice more. :P

82. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Jul 29 2011 02:08:29

ix3Elemental wrote: I have the spin down. But I can't seem to catch it properly, my ring finger just doesn't move out. I end up catching it with my entire hand. Guess I need to practice more. :P
    The trick only involves T12, the ring finger can do whatever. You catch it between your index and thumb typically.

83. Explosion101
    Date: Sat, Jul 30 2011 04:02:14

Awesome wrote: The trick only involves T12, the ring finger can do whatever. You catch it between your index and thumb typically.
    I thought the catch was in 23...?

84. bennyh101
    Date: Wed, Sep 7 2011 07:09:56

thanx this is a gret new trick for me to know.

85. Kanon
    Date: Fri, Sep 9 2011 12:41:30

[COLOR="darkred"]I perfected it 30 minutes after KTrinh's tutorial xD seriously.[/COLOR]

86. keikei
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 05:00:15

any tips for the push and the motion of the TA Rev??? it always hits my thumb... :(

87. TheAafg
    Date: Sat, Sep 17 2011 16:35:16

keikei wrote: any tips for the push and the motion of the TA Rev??? it always hits my thumb... :(
    you need more practice, its like scratching the barrel of the pen or like pulling a trigger

88. aramos13
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 20:13:22

thats good if yove only been spinning for a week

89. Kari
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 02:21:51

keikei wrote: any tips for the push and the motion of the TA Rev??? it always hits my thumb... :(
    Try this: you are basically balancing your pen on the side of your index finger (which should be curled) and the tip/side of your middle finger. You will want to push back Towards you with your index finger at the same time you push away from you with your middle finger. It is hard to have both fingers going in different directions so maybe practice it without the pen in hand first. ;)

90. girarae
    Date: Fri, Oct 28 2011 14:46:50

I can't even spin the thing. it's my first minute though gonna practice and practice. actually i learned the sonic and charge and fingerpass first before the TA and i'm practising Sonic Reverse and TA Reverse now. go the hang of sonic reverse but not ta reverse

91. Kari
    Date: Fri, Oct 28 2011 17:47:44

girarae wrote: I can't even spin the thing. it's my first minute though gonna practice and practice. actually i learned the sonic and charge and fingerpass first before the TA and i'm practising Sonic Reverse and TA Reverse now. go the hang of sonic reverse but not ta reverse
    Ta rev is ten times harder than ta. Just read above and keep practicing. Maybe look up a tutorial or two. ^_^

92. girarae
    Date: Sun, Oct 30 2011 08:35:22

it sometimes spin but flies off but most of the times it gets stuck at the second knuckle of the index finger. can anybody give me tips on this. thanks.

93. wrkz
    Date: Mon, Nov 14 2011 21:14:25

I can't catch it! FML

94. Boxxy
    Date: Mon, Nov 14 2011 21:20:31

i used to catch it with my hand

95. lululah
    Date: Wed, Dec 7 2011 23:27:22

:pan:are there any ways 2 make it more feasible? cuz i nvr hav enuf power 2 swing it round my thumb:pan

96. Spinabeast
    Date: Tue, Dec 20 2011 23:59:03

Hey after reading this i still have problems my index gets in the way of my last 25% of the spin

97. Eternity
    Date: Sat, Jan 28 2012 03:06:49

I keep getting it stuck at the knuckle of the index finger...only managed to get it ONCE in three hours of practice. ._.

98. Boxxy
    Date: Sat, Jan 28 2012 03:26:02

@eternal_fiction Its only about practice i didnt get it for about a day or 2 so dont get depressed and skip it

99. CAHarmony
    Date: Sat, Jan 28 2012 04:26:46

for me it took a lot of practise. I practised so much i realized that it was already 2 in the morning. Once you get the feel of it keep trying to replicate that feel.

100. Eternity
    Date: Sat, Jan 28 2012 10:00:06

Thanks a lot for the tip, I spent the time between this post and my previous one practicing, and I got it. :DDD Thanks to everyone for the help!

101. Zidago
    Date: Tue, Jan 31 2012 22:57:02

Why do I find the push and spin so easy, yet the catch so tricky.

102. Karrot
    Date: Tue, Jan 31 2012 23:01:40

Zidago wrote: Why do I find the push and spin so easy, yet the catch so tricky.
    That happened to me a lot when I just started, I kept catching it with my hand. Eventually, with practice, I could catch it

103. Fate
    Date: Wed, Feb 1 2012 15:43:53

yes, practice makes perferct. You are better than me, I spent 1 week to master it.

104. Karrot
    Date: Wed, Feb 1 2012 22:46:59

Fate wrote: yes, practice makes perferct. You are better than me, I spent 1 week to master it.
    you spent one week to master this, but I spent 2 weeks to master thumbaround (since I wasnt really into it that time)

105. Fate
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 01:08:07

Karrot wrote: you spent one week to master this, but I spent 2 weeks to master thumbaround (since I wasnt really into it that time)
    no you are still good. i spent i think nearly 1 month to master thumbaround (since that was my first trick). after i learnt the very first trick then i get into the rythm so Ta rev only just 1 week, that was my second trick.

106. Zidago
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 03:48:57

Well that didn't take long. Turns out forcing my pinky and ring finger to stay down was all I had to do.

107. Karrot
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 22:47:40

Fate wrote: no you are still good. i spent i think nearly 1 month to master thumbaround (since that was my first trick). after i learnt the very first trick then i get into the rythm so Ta rev only just 1 week, that was my second trick.
    TA wasnt my first trick (sonic was) and so maybe I should have taken a shorter time period to learn ta, like you took a shorter time to learn ta rev

108. qincai
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 08:20:30

Spring is a pretty season,

109. Karrot
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 21:31:25

qincai wrote: Spring is a pretty season,
    What?

110. GetOffaMyLawn
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 04:53:55

sad, its very difficult to do if you can't get enough force into the push...any help my friends?

111. Dimension
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 09:08:35

GetOffaMyLawn wrote: sad, its very difficult to do if you can't get enough force into the push...any help my friends?
    i push my thumb so that it slides under the barrel pushing it over the joint of my thumb... it depends, is it getting stuck on your thumb or is it rolling off?

112. Karrot
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 19:19:28

GetOffaMyLawn wrote: sad, its very difficult to do if you can't get enough force into the push...any help my friends?
    I know some people who push using the index finger like the ta, that doesn't work (well...it didn't work for them anyways), push downwards on the barrel. If this doesn't help, why cant you get enough force into the push?

113. Dimension
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 07:42:04

i tell people to put there index finger as high as they can on the barrel (sorta hard to explain) so that they cant push it like a regular ta

114. Kari
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 19:30:25

Here try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xs2DYt4FW8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

115. Dony
    Date: Tue, May 15 2012 04:24:49

I am trying to do this trick really too much, but it is so hard to catch the pen back in the middle finger slot, i can get the pen around the thumb, but fail at the catch :( any tips?

116. Zeta
    Date: Tue, May 15 2012 11:22:58

Dony wrote: any tips?
    Signo tips. Try to catch with your hand and then try to catch with fingers.

117. Obstracized
    Date: Tue, May 15 2012 12:50:55

Dony wrote: I am trying to do this trick really too much, but it is so hard to catch the pen back in the middle finger slot, i can get the pen around the thumb, but fail at the catch :( any tips?
    Little difficult to catch it even after a lot of tries. Just keep practicing. It will naturally come to your Middle Finger Slot. Watch other's Tutorials on ThumbAround Reverse for more information.

118. stackstarz
    Date: Thu, Jun 21 2012 12:00:06

hey i really appreciate that. :)

119. Alex
    Date: Tue, Jul 10 2012 01:37:09

I found this trick to be difficult when i was learning it. I hate the revs of tricks

120. Joemeister
    Date: Wed, Jul 25 2012 10:01:07

Hey everyone, im having trouble catching the pen after the rotation :( Any tips would be appreciated. Also i recently ordered a new pen: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spinning-Pen-New-Professional-V-7-0-20cm-long-RR1-/160850783809?_trksid=p4340.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222001%26algo%3DSIC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D853770279347264572%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26#ht_500wt_1413 <----- Is it a good beginner pen?

121. Kyoflow
    Date: Wed, Jul 25 2012 11:25:22

Joemeister wrote: Hey everyone, im having trouble catching the pen after the rotation :( Any tips would be appreciated. Also i recently ordered a new pen: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spinning-Pen-New-Professional-V-7-0-20cm-long-RR1-/160850783809?_trksid=p4340.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222001%26algo%3DSIC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D853770279347264572%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26#ht_500wt_1413 <----- Is it a good beginner pen?
    hey there. is the pen spinning all the way around your thumb? if so, catching the pen will come with time and practice. if not, then please be a bit more specific on what you're having trouble with also, about that "spinning pen". i've never been a fan of pens made for spinning, so i've never tried any. therefore i cannot give my opinion. i would suggest that you try making a pen mod, as they are often much more suited to pen spinning.

122. agillitrhiz
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 09:32:38

Joemeister wrote: Hey everyone, im having trouble catching the pen after the rotation :( Any tips would be appreciated. Also i recently ordered a new pen: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spinning-Pen-New-Professional-V-7-0-20cm-long-RR1-/160850783809?_trksid=p4340.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222001%26algo%3DSIC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D853770279347264572%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26#ht_500wt_1413 <----- Is it a good beginner pen?
    not very,a BICtory would be better.find it on upsb.info/wiki.and click on pen mods.

123. Giotto
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 14:04:57

@Joemeister.there might be a chance that 1.you spin it full rotation or 2.you might spin it to hard so it fly away from your hand.so if you have problem like 1. then you should try to spin a little bit harder but if you have like 2. then you could try to spin it a little bit softer but not too soft just enough to make a full rotation.and about your pen,i can't give much opinion because i've never tried that pen but i think you should try pen mods.they have a thread about spinning pen and pen mods(in'pen and modifications > pen modifications') if you would like to know more. well,i hope my answer can help you.keep practising and you'll get it.^_^

124. Joemeister
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 14:18:43

Thanks man :D

125. zelectric
    Date: Sun, Sep 23 2012 19:57:34

the pen always hit the knuckle on my thumb

126. zelectric
    Date: Mon, Sep 24 2012 06:18:08

me too, i can do TA harmonic but i cant do the reverse TA .... sadness :(

127. zelectric
    Date: Mon, Sep 24 2012 14:42:00

i did it :D i can do it now, just need to relax your fingers .

128. Giotto
    Date: Mon, Sep 24 2012 23:45:11

:applaud:congratulation @zelectric.

129. Pens
    Date: Tue, Sep 25 2012 00:47:14

Thanks man!

130. Shiki
    Date: Wed, Oct 17 2012 07:57:45

My problem whit this trick is when i try to spin my mod, it hits whit 1. xD what can i do?

131. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Oct 19 2012 20:14:50

@Shiki, remember, like the thumb around normal you must move your index finger slightly out of the way when you do TA reverse so the pen doesnt hit it. Don't think about it too much, it should be reflexive gl! :)

132. Zelphus
    Date: Sun, Oct 21 2012 03:15:11

Right after the thumbaround normal,yiur hand position should be:pen between index finger and thumb,with the support from the middle finger,right?Now,push your thumb back in the clockwise direction and catch it at your index finger and middle finger and the thumb a few centimeters from the two fingers.That should do it.

133. PurplePancakes
    Date: Tue, Oct 30 2012 00:46:31

i cant do it am i am vary frustrated. the problem is i cant really catch it. any more tips?

134. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Tue, Oct 30 2012 00:52:50

This is how I learnt it: Catching was pretty difficult, so I first practiced catching it in the palm of my hand. After that, I progressed to catching it with my fingers. It's just that after some time of doing TA Reverse, it should always land in the same position to catch.

135. asianguy
    Date: Mon, Feb 4 2013 13:56:29

I know the TA normal well, and I'm trying to learn TA reverse for the last 2 hours but still can't do it. Whenever I push it with my index it just spins 360 on the top of my thumb and falls down. can anyone help me?

136. Ready
    Date: Tue, Feb 5 2013 19:45:35

I have been doing this for a while but I spin it over my thumb instead of around, is this a bad habit? How do I get it around the thumb now?

137. Giotto
    Date: Wed, Feb 6 2013 11:25:36

I think what are you doing now is called thumbspin reverse.try to keep your thumb up when you spin so that pen will have something to go around.also you could try it in thumbaround harmonic motion like do it after you do thumbaround normal.

138. akshay
    Date: Mon, Mar 18 2013 12:52:54

Some might be saying that they do not have the hitchhiker's thumb. well, i nailed it. this is how to do it. hold it like a normal thumbaround. now like in the thumbaround do the same motion that you do with the middle with the index. now after the push move the whole hand to the left (if right handed). This helps to catch.

139. JoloPSPH
    Date: Wed, Apr 10 2013 09:40:19

Can someone make a mirrored version of pari's tutorial ?

140. akshay
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 12:19:55

Lapig wrote: When I try to do ta rev I always end up pushing the pen into my knuckle rather than around my thumb, anyone else have this problem or some advice?
    learn the fingerless ta rev after you kinda get the motion. after this you just focus on the push.

141. Hangaround
    Date: Mon, May 13 2013 01:11:56

where and how do you catch it?

142. Crouton
    Date: Sun, Jun 2 2013 03:29:07

This trick is driving me crazy. I can do the thumbaround but I can't do this reverse one. I never know what do to with my middle finger and just keep dropping it.

143. Ecnunn
    Date: Sun, Jun 2 2013 03:33:56

the middle finger should move a little bit out (away from the palm) and a little bit back (away from yourself) at the same time as the push. So think of the movement as a diagonal motion and/or just straightening out ur middle finger joints (not including knuckle).

144. Crouton
    Date: Sun, Jun 2 2013 03:36:48

So is all the movement in this trick driven by just the index finger?

145. Ecnunn
    Date: Sun, Jun 2 2013 03:49:10

yes, the middle finger just extends to catch it. kinda vice-versa of a normal TA, where the middle provides the push while the index just catches.

146. Crouton
    Date: Sun, Jun 2 2013 03:53:35

Okay, I think I know how to do it, I just need to practice heaps. Everytime I try it just doesn't work. The pen keeps getting stuck between my middle and index finger.

147. Ecnunn
    Date: Sun, Jun 2 2013 04:02:12

ur practicing the trick w/ ur palm sideways right (position that u end a normal thumbaround)? not w/ ur fingers upright like a normal TA would start? cuz, if u do it the first way i mentioned, (which is the correct way), the pen should just be resting on top of the horizontal middle finger, and shouldn't rlly stuck. if u mean it gets stuck during the catch....then practice is all it takes

148. Crouton
    Date: Sun, Jun 2 2013 04:13:02

The ending position of my normal thumbaround doesn't look like the starting position of the thumbaround reverse when I look at tutorial videos. It's confusing.

149. Llama
    Date: Tue, Jun 4 2013 14:59:00

It should be at your left. One way is to start from the middle of the pen

150. vlxedits
    Date: Wed, Jun 5 2013 00:06:53

Ok well kind of similar to the posts right now but i basically got the push right after learning to push like a trigger/ like you are pushing something into a scratching action, and also to always try the thumbaround reverse from the position i left off from my regular thumbaround ( it helps when trying to do the harmonic). But, when i try to catch the pen from the reverse thumbaround, the pen is a little too down and i cant do the thumbaround normal from that position.

151. Ecnunn
    Date: Wed, Jun 5 2013 05:04:29

If ur doing everything correctly, a little more practice is all u need to give ur catch a little more precision. It will probably come naturally given a little more time.

152. Llama
    Date: Wed, Jun 5 2013 08:08:50

Just hit the pen back. Do not bother to catch

153. vlxedits
    Date: Fri, Jun 7 2013 01:43:11

Ok well I got the catch after a while of just trying to spin it around my thumb as much as possible. I guess I worried too much about moving my fingers out to catch the pen after the spin, and that basically made the catch even harder. I learned that all I had to do was move my thumb a little out/to the right and the pen just landed perfectly between my thumb and middle finger. However, i still have to work on moving my thumb as little as possible to make the harmonic really smooth. Thanks for the help

154. Sheriff
    Date: Wed, Sep 11 2013 17:28:23

I can do Reverse Thumbaround, infinite Thumbaround Harmonics, etc with a modded or balanced pen. But with an unmodded pen, I find it impossible.. Is it just not possible on certain pen(cil)s?

155. Eshor
    Date: Wed, Sep 11 2013 17:55:29

anything is possible if you try many times

156. Mystic
    Date: Wed, Sep 11 2013 18:36:15

If you practice enough, you will be able to reverse TA with anything.

157. Reason
    Date: Wed, Sep 11 2013 18:39:30

TA rev is a really tricky one... it will come more naturally to you the more you practice. dont worry about it :)

158. Awesome
    Date: Wed, Sep 11 2013 19:02:08

its impossible and if you ever see someone do it IRL or on a video without a mod they are glitching life/photoshopping their video.

159. Enkronidus
    Date: Wed, Sep 11 2013 20:01:58

I don't know if I posted here about this before. It has been like 7 years and I never execute this trick perfectly I'm so serious. Like, this trick is a bitchy bitch of bitchiness

160. Zen
    Date: Sun, Sep 15 2013 21:07:17

I don't know why you can't learn the TA rev on a regular pencil. The trick itself is easy. The only possible conclusion is you have been spinning heavy mods. Otherwise it is probuably due to you not mastering the trick. Mastering means you can do it with anything, anytime. Get off the heavy mod addiction if you have any. See a doctor to cope with the withdrawal symtoms and start spinning freaking straws. At your stage it's better off if you didn't spin any mods as all fundamentals can be learned on a wooden pencil. Same goes for the reverses. What do you spin now? If you spin a mx then just spin that. Regards Zen

161. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Thu, Feb 6 2014 00:12:54

Would it count as a necro-bump if I posted on this? ;P I mean, it does appear to be one of the harder fundamentals, so some day, someone else would have stumbled upon it anyway, right? >.> That being said, I think I'm doing Thumbspin Reverse, as opposed to just Thumbaround Reverse... Is there anything I should know to start, I don't know, actually doing Thumbaround Reverse instead? The pen(cil) always seems to spin on the very last thumb joint or on top of my thumb, sometimes even spinning on the index finger before I attempt a catch, and while nice and flashy looking when I pull it off, it's not reliable (or what I intend to do).

162. Giotto
    Date: Thu, Feb 6 2014 14:11:33

Try do the thumbaround harmonic(do normal thumbaround then continue thumbaround reverse instantly) and keep your thumb up. try to make it goes around your thumb instead of going about your thumb. dunno if this gonna help though:/

163. Hugo9191
    Date: Sat, Feb 8 2014 20:51:34

Could you describe the push that 1 does? I can do the normal thumbaround but this one I'm not understanding :s

164. Laugh
    Date: Sun, Feb 9 2014 00:43:20

It's like pulling a trigger. Curl it in toward your thumb.

165. MPC
    Date: Wed, Feb 12 2014 04:43:59

Shoeman6 has the best tutorial I've seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAf0BbipZ-I The push is all about the 'scratching' motion. The catch though, is strange. I found that once I had the push exactly right, my middle finger just suddenly started popping out to catch it. Like with any TA-based trick, it's so important to make sure the thumb and the wrist don't move at all. :) mpc.

166. DioBrando
    Date: Sun, Feb 23 2014 07:47:44

u need to relax ur fingur and let loose LOOOOOOOOOOOL

167. Shadower
    Date: Sun, Apr 20 2014 01:04:04

I actually got it down pretty consistently, but I think I might be doing it unacceptably incorrect. When I push with my index finger, it goes over my thumb, not under it and curled up, like in tutorials I'm seeing. Is it okay to leave it like that, or is it mandatory to push the correct way for future combos and stuff?

168. Giotto
    Date: Sun, Apr 20 2014 02:46:20

I think you're doing thumbspin reverse. You could push it lighter and maybe practise it with thumbaround in a ta harmonic way. Hope this help.

169. Zen
    Date: Sun, Apr 20 2014 03:29:55

@Shadower you should picture a gun. Do you see the trigger? When someone pulls it, their [B]index finger is pushed inwards[/B], and the bullet is shot. The bold is important. You have to understand the motion, so you can understand how to do it. It helps. Try practicing this motion, a few times without a pen and then with a pen. It should help. Your index finger should not go on top of your thumb. To get the end position, try the regular thumbaround position, but don't spin, instead scratch your thumb with your index finger. Do you see how it forms a square? This is the end position of the thumbaround reverse. Good Luck! Regards Zen

170. Shadower
    Date: Sun, Apr 20 2014 12:56:41

@Zen: I'm kinda getting it... it's just that it looks more like a thumbspin reverse now because I have a toe thumb (which all my friends laugh so hard at), and when I set up the gun position, it's at the same height as my index finger. I guess after half of the trick though, gravity helps finish the rotation. Thanks

171. N Factorial
    Date: Thu, Apr 24 2014 00:43:18

How far up the 23 slot should you be catching the pen at? I keep catching it in the base of that slot, occasionally in the middle segment, should I be getting it at the first joint of my middle finger?

172. Xzeria
    Date: Thu, Apr 24 2014 06:14:09

At the very end. You should stop the pen with the tip of your middlefinger.

173. Dott
    Date: Sat, May 17 2014 10:10:28

After the push, my index finger often blocks the pen and when it doesn't, the pen only goes 180 degrees... Help.

174. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Sat, May 17 2014 21:27:12

Dott wrote: After the push, my index finger often blocks the pen and when it doesn't, the pen only goes 180 degrees... Help.
    Hmm, that is kind of interesting... Too bad I forget the problems I had with TA Reverse. :( Personally, my index finger goes underneath and nearly touches my thumb when I do TA Reverse before being stopped in front of the ring and middle fingers. Try extending your index finger farther back than normal and see if you can just get the spin without worrying about the catch. You might get a few Thumbspin Reverses in there, but it'll kind of help if you can just get the spin first before attempting the catch. Additionally, I personally found that when I was learning TA Reverse, it helps to do a normal Thumbaround and attempt the push for TA Reverse from that position. As you get more and more used to the trick, you can stop using the Regular TA to see if you can do it without the help of the automatic positioning of the TA.

175. Dott
    Date: Sun, May 18 2014 11:50:29

AnAsianBrony wrote: Hmm, that is kind of interesting... Too bad I forget the problems I had with TA Reverse. :( Personally, my index finger goes underneath and nearly touches my thumb when I do TA Reverse before being stopped in front of the ring and middle fingers. Try extending your index finger farther back than normal and see if you can just get the spin without worrying about the catch. You might get a few Thumbspin Reverses in there, but it'll kind of help if you can just get the spin first before attempting the catch. Additionally, I personally found that when I was learning TA Reverse, it helps to do a normal Thumbaround and attempt the push for TA Reverse from that position. As you get more and more used to the trick, you can stop using the Regular TA to see if you can do it without the help of the automatic positioning of the TA.
    It's not helping. Now, when I try to not block the pen with my index finger, the pen just jumps up due to too much force. Another problem is I don't seem to know what to do after the push. For example, when doing TA Normal, after the push, your index should move away and then back once 360 degrees is made.

176. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Sun, May 18 2014 17:06:27

Dott wrote: It's not helping. Now, when I try to not block the pen with my index finger, the pen just jumps up due to too much force. Another problem is I don't seem to know what to do after the push. For example, when doing TA Normal, after the push, your index should move away and then back once 360 degrees is made.
    Hmm, I must not be very good at giving advice... The first question is whether you can solely get the rotation around the thumb or not. If you can, the rest is just practice. If not though... It's a very slight push, just a nudge consisting of bending the first segment of the index finger. During the TA Reverse, nothing should be moving until near the very end of the trick, where the thumb automatically moves ever so slightly to the right (it's not something you think about doing, it just happens somehow...), allowing the pen to be stopped by the middle finger in the slight gap created by the thumb moving. Ideally, you aren't doing anything during TA Reverse after the push except that slight movement of the thumb. Additionally (this is for later), when doing TA Harmonic, during TA Normal, the index finger doesn't move, it's only the first segment of the finger curling and uncurling. The last thing I can think of is try to get the pen to rotate around as low as you can get it around the base of the thumb so it literally can't go on top of the thumb. The trick won't make sense at first, but just start slow with the push and pay attention to what's happening. I really hate to say it, but it's just practice. :(

177. Shadower
    Date: Tue, May 20 2014 00:29:36

Dott wrote: It's not helping. Now, when I try to not block the pen with my index finger, the pen just jumps up due to too much force. Another problem is I don't seem to know what to do after the push. For example, when doing TA Normal, after the push, your index should move away and then back once 360 degrees is made.
    Even though I posted here needing help on TA Rev, I think I got it pretty well... Try starting with your index finger curled up far back (away from your thumb) then scratching it along the barrel. After it goes around your thumb, your middle finger should peak out to support the catch. Oh, and cutting my nails helped me a bit. :P

178. r4pid
    Date: Sun, Jun 22 2014 11:59:20

Can someone help me? Every time i try to do the push it only goes 180 degrees, when it does a full spin it doesn't spin on the thumb. Please help

179. h2o
    Date: Sun, Jun 22 2014 15:02:05

I understand your problem. Your mod only do a 180 degrees rotation because when you do your motion for the rev ta, you keep your thumb low ( thats the movement for a thumbspin reverse ) but you have to keep your thumb up. If that dosen't work, do it but slowly, don't be affraid, it will work perfectly and it don't need much force to start it. Hope I help you ^^

180. r4pid
    Date: Mon, Jun 23 2014 07:24:15

Thanks! Keeping the thumb up helped a lot :) But im not using a mod at the moment, but i think i'll build the rvp mx soon. Thanks again!

181. MPC
    Date: Mon, Jun 30 2014 16:53:50

TA rev is probably the single trick that took the most amount of practice. It's a b***h. mpc

182. abandonctrl
    Date: Sun, Aug 3 2014 09:50:43

yeah I been having so much issue with this trick the past 2 weeks >< I land it 2 out of 20 times ><

183. AfroSquared
    Date: Sun, Aug 3 2014 13:13:54

abandonctrl wrote: yeah I been having so much issue with this trick the past 2 weeks >< I land it 2 out of 20 times ><
    Yeah i was the same, it is a hard trick but u will master it. If your problem is that the pen falls off when it's going round the thumb (I'm assuming you have no problem with the pushing of the pen), what i did is when i push the pen, while the pen was spinning round my thumb, i raised my thumb slightly about 30-45 degrees. What this does is it helps the pen go around my thumb easier without the pull of gravity making it fall off my thumb, and when you master it, you won't need to raise it as much and eventually u won't need to raise it at all. (If you've already been doing this, practice makes perfect, just do the thumbaround reverse over and over and you will get consitent and master the trick) Since you didn't specify what your problem was, i can only guess. Hope this helps!

184. HunterX
    Date: Fri, Aug 8 2014 03:50:10

Learned it in 1 day thx to Ktrinh's tut :)

185. abandonctrl
    Date: Sat, Aug 9 2014 07:09:42

AfroSquared wrote: Yeah i was the same, it is a hard trick but u will master it. If your problem is that the pen falls off when it's going round the thumb (I'm assuming you have no problem with the pushing of the pen), what i did is when i push the pen, while the pen was spinning round my thumb, i raised my thumb slightly about 30-45 degrees. What this does is it helps the pen go around my thumb easier without the pull of gravity making it fall off my thumb, and when you master it, you won't need to raise it as much and eventually u won't need to raise it at all. (If you've already been doing this, practice makes perfect, just do the thumbaround reverse over and over and you will get consitent and master the trick) Since you didn't specify what your problem was, i can only guess. Hope this helps!
    Nah i got it down non stop now forward and rev :) took 3 days more

186. Paatrickj
    Date: Sun, Aug 24 2014 03:51:14

Every time I want to do this trick, my pen always slipping from my hands. Any tips?

187. Infiknight
    Date: Sun, Aug 24 2014 11:38:23

Paatrickj wrote: Every time I want to do this trick, my pen always slipping from my hands. Any tips?
    like try to hold it firmly with the pointer, middle finger and thumb, like with the middle and thumb grasping the bottom of the pen, and than let the top of the pen rest on the pointer

188. abandonctrl
    Date: Wed, Aug 27 2014 01:21:08

Yeah I have the same issue I can do the fingerless but not the normal reverse :(

189. Nick
    Date: Sat, Aug 30 2014 16:27:30

whenever I do it in combos I usually dont catch it with 1, usually 2 or 3 and then into tw sonic or something

190. Ultranuma
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 00:53:45

Okay, so when I do it, I do a .5 revolution. If I try to do 1, it just flips off.

191. Nick
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 01:54:41

practice makes perfect, child. You might be doing it too far down your thumb. try to bring it up a bit.

192. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 21:00:36

Ultranuma wrote: Okay, so when I do it, I do a .5 revolution. If I try to do 1, it just flips off.
    Common problems I see when people apply more force and it flies off is applying too much force due to not beong used to using dexterity correctly in that position or by dropping their thumb/moving their hand so that it cannot spin around it

193. abandonctrl
    Date: Sun, Sep 21 2014 06:08:48

FINALLY I have slayed the beast we call the TA! reverse!