UPSB v4

General Discussion / Beginner to intermediate?

1. NoName
    Date: Tue, May 14 2013 08:33:04

Hey guys! I'm just asking u a question about whether am I a intermediate spinner now? I have been spinning for 3-4months This is the list of tricks I know: Bakfall Thumbaround Thumbaround rev Sonic Sonic rev Sonic rise Sym.bak Fl ta Fl ta rev Fingerpass Twisted sonic Twisted sonic bust Twisted sonic double bust Demon sonic Demon sonic bust Double charge Charge rev Charge Rising fan Sonic clip Twisted cobra bite Shadow Infinity Double infinity Palmspin Neo sonic Neobak ✂ Spin And a few more tricks I also know quite a number of mods and its pros and cons So guys, I'm I still a beginner or a intermediate ?

2. SuperVValrus
    Date: Tue, May 14 2013 11:22:44

:facepalm: Why does it matter?

3. NoName
    Date: Tue, May 14 2013 11:25:58

So that I know whether I'm I suitable to use intermediate pens?

4. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, May 14 2013 11:46:31

SuperVValrus wrote: :facepalm: Why does it matter?
    Because spinners are often taught there are set "categories" of beginner, intermediate and expert spinners, which in reality don't exist xD Hey NoName, it doesn't matter what mod you use at which time, just spin what you like ^^

5. NoName
    Date: Tue, May 14 2013 12:26:19

Haha I see ^^ thanks for the reply ^^

6. astronaut
    Date: Tue, May 14 2013 12:55:27

That's not what KTrinh93 would say, he would say you are an intermediate and should now spin intermediate and below mods. Stay away from heavy pens like Buster CYL, Dr. KT, Kuzu mod, minwoo mod and others. Using light pens at a low experience level teaches you patience. I guess I could say that for any experience level. Now, i.suk or eurocracy will tell me otherwise.

7. [4-OH-4]
    Date: Tue, May 14 2013 14:06:13

Do what YOU WANT and what YOU LIKE...no one can stop you.i don't really think you should judge your so called 'levels of penspinning' because different people have different standards.so,go do what YOU THINK is right.

8. Neph
    Date: Tue, May 14 2013 14:42:58

Perhaps a lower intermediate if you wish to use a scale. Stay away from anything heavier than around a Waterfall though. DR. KTs and Buster CYLs are for those who are professionals, so to speak. (At least a year of constant practice and work. At the very, very least.) They can tire your hand and destroy your efforts, because you'll get used to the heavy and fast momentum, which restricts easily going back to the lighter pens.

9. Yamaguchi
    Date: Tue, May 14 2013 14:54:56

eurocracy wrote: Because spinners are often taught there are set "categories" of beginner, intermediate and expert spinners, which in reality don't exist xD
    What do you mean there is none? WTF dude?!

10. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, May 14 2013 16:08:04

Yamaguchi;259036]What do you mean there is none? WTF dude?![/QUOTE] There are no set categories, there's no boundaries on what kind of spinner you are. Unless you happen to be Ktrinh and think like that... [QUOTE=astronaut wrote: That's not what KTrinh93 would say, he would say you are an intermediate and should now spin intermediate and below mods. Stay away from heavy pens like Buster CYL, Dr. KT, Kuzu mod, minwoo mod and others. Using light pens at a low experience level teaches you patience. I guess I could say that for any experience level. Now, i.suk or eurocracy will tell me otherwise.
    I used a Minwoo mod since 3 months, and a custom 24cm long Dr Cyl. Makes no difference what mod you use lol.

11. wotu1
    Date: Tue, May 14 2013 17:56:41

This is like the 18th thread asking about beginner to intermediate. Generic response: You'll know when you get there. There really is no levels. It depends on you. Don't let it get you down. Beginner to intermediate to pro is bs. Never give up on life. Don't do drugs.

12. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Tue, May 14 2013 23:21:09

I don't believe that there is a level for a pen, because amazing things have been done on "beginner" pens, while beginner things have been done on "advanced" pens. It only depends on your skill level, and skill can't be 100% measured on trick knowledge, because tricks don't mean much if you can't create a combo with them.

13. Demetrius
    Date: Wed, May 15 2013 00:42:22

I don't believe that there are set categories for what pen mod to get whether beginner, intermediate, or advanced @NoName I think it depends on what style you like and choose to take out. For example, if you want to become a power tricker, get a heavy mod, such as a buster or a vgg mod/vgg emboss/Dr. Kt. If you like a really nice style, technical and stylish, get a lighter mod, which could also include the Dr. Kt or a commsa or a light sc mod. LIKE HAL ^^

14. miyat
    Date: Wed, May 15 2013 02:52:59

This whole thread is fail and should be closed. Use the search bar.

15. Awesome
    Date: Wed, May 15 2013 03:24:42

you're intermediate. Now you gotta work on making nice combos out of all the tricks you know. The best way is to get a way to record your spinning and post your videos to get feed back. You gotta find how you want your spinning to look.

16. LighT*
    Date: Wed, May 15 2013 13:01:58

so many great spinners started off with KT;s and CYL's. and look where they are now. use whatever floats our boat homie.