UPSB v4

General Discussion / World Tournament 2013 - The Final - Matchup OUT!

1. Zombo
    Date: Sun, May 5 2013 23:58:44

http://worldps.org/wt13/?p=191

2. i.suk
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 01:13:23

time for A13x to pull out the 10 tricks he's been hiding for the first 5 rounds perhaps xD

3. Dakrowl
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 01:25:21

Time for sutomo to do two handed palm down inverse hectagon pass

4. MondPs
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 02:01:02

what a close fight!

5. Demetrius
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 02:28:53

A13x will do some crazy ass shit, and after he does it, he will have to get hand surgery, is what I'm guessing.

6. Wind
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 03:20:02

I didn't follow most of WT13, but this will look like a good epic match up. Good luck to both!

7. DioBrando
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 03:50:44

good luck to both! it will be close.

8. LighT*
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 03:55:24

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH :DDDDDDDDD. A13x is so gonna do some craazy ass linkages like body around > PD palm spin XDDDDD.

9. LighT*
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 03:55:56

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

10. Demetrius
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 04:07:15

a13x could prob throw the pen all the way around the world and catch it while busting in the other hand.

11. swike
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 06:17:03

Sutomo,my respects.1 year and 8 months to get the final round of a wt,inhuman. What can I say about a13x?crazy stuff man Gl to you two

12. EffecT
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 10:02:59

good luck to both my idols. a13x finally got his chance for the champion. sutomo too, good luck!

13. Mystic
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 12:49:40

Awesome job to both of our competitors for making it this far!! May this last roun be EPIC!!!

14. Obstracized
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 13:51:42

Good Luck to A13x and Sutomo. May the best Spinner win.

15. Sekai
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 14:40:08

Go a13x !!! (・Д・)ノ

16. Escorpio123
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 16:28:51

Good Luck to both of you. A13x perhaps will do triple penis around :lol:.:p :jk:. Jk, I really want a13x not to get nervous o.O.

17. Mats
    Date: Tue, May 7 2013 07:05:04

i.suk;258199]time for A13x to pull out the 10 tricks he's been hiding for the first 5 rounds perhaps xD[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Demetrius;258205]A13x will do some crazy ass shit, and after he does it, he will have to get hand surgery, is what I'm guessing.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Raiz;258210]GOOD LUCK TO BOTH :DDDDDDDDD. A13x is so gonna do some craazy ass linkages like body around > PD palm spin XDDDDD.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Demetrius;258215]a13x could prob throw the pen all the way around the world and catch it while busting in the other hand.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Escorpio123 wrote: A13x perhaps will do triple penis around .
    Anyone else think a13x might be just a tad over-rated?

18. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Tue, May 7 2013 07:13:09

Escorpio123 wrote: Good Luck to both of you. A13x perhaps will do triple penis around :lol:.:p :jk:. Jk, I really want a13x not to get nervous o.O.
    Does that mean a13x has three penises?

19. i.suk
    Date: Tue, May 7 2013 09:15:25

Mats wrote: Anyone else think a13x might be just a tad over-rated?
    that doesn't change likely outcome of this match xD he's been holding back though

20. Solar
    Date: Tue, May 7 2013 09:38:25

a13x vs sutomo.... wow

21. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, May 7 2013 17:21:37

A13x is quite well rated, whether you like him or not, he hits each judgement category harder than any other spinner in the World Tournament thus far. His skill level right now is ridiculous. Grats to sutomo for making it this far, but A13x is a fucking titan.

22. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Tue, May 7 2013 17:33:37

eurocracy wrote: A13x is quite well rated, whether you like him or not, he hits each judgement category harder than any other spinner in the World Tournament thus far. His skill level right now is ridiculous. Grats to sutomo for making it this far, but A13x is a fucking titan.
    Now that is a bold statement. He definitely doesn't have the most flawless execution, whether his difficulty is the highest in here is debatable, but that might be one, his creativity is fine, but not outrageously hard-hitting, and his presentation will never be better than others as long as he uses that horrendous fish-eye camera. Holy crap do I dislike watching his videos recently. :P A13X is an amazingly good spinner, but people like you make others say that he is overrated, with good reason. ;) [SIZE="0"]In my opinion, of course![/SIZE]

23. Sekai
    Date: Tue, May 7 2013 19:00:23

Am i the only one that likes his camera

24. Enkronidus
    Date: Tue, May 7 2013 19:31:48

a13x is winning it for shizzle dizzle

25. ChainBreak
    Date: Tue, May 7 2013 21:03:25

Sekai wrote: Am i the only one that likes his camera
    yes

26. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, May 7 2013 21:09:16

Erirornal Kraione wrote: Now that is a bold statement. He definitely doesn't have the most flawless execution, whether his difficulty is the highest in here is debatable, but that might be one, his creativity is fine, but not outrageously hard-hitting, and his presentation will never be better than others as long as he uses that horrendous fish-eye camera. Holy crap do I dislike watching his videos recently. :P A13X is an amazingly good spinner, but people like you make others say that he is overrated, with good reason. ;) [SIZE="0"]In my opinion, of course![/SIZE]
    I've talked with you about a13x, and some of the issues you raised were so critical it's OTT. If you apply them to another apinner they would score ever lower than a13x. His camera is one of the best, whether you like the lens or not, on par with Vic's. I personally love it, I think it's the best camera we've had in penspinning ever, it's so clear. You can't knock points off him under the current presentation judging irrc. I think you've been a bit too critical over A13x, though, your standards are so high it's scary. I guess to many judges he's very hard hitting, and then to the very critical judges (may I say pessimistic) he can still score higher than the rest overall. I mean, beating A13x is a demoralising task, remember Orange in Round 2? If anything he was very underrated before this tournament and was not expected to go very far.

27. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, May 7 2013 21:20:28

In an extra point just for clarity. The diffdrences between the spinners we like though eriror is miles apart, I know for one I'm biased towards A13x, I think you might be biased against his style of spinning? So I don't think we'll really end up budging eachother's opinions regarding A13x xD

28. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Tue, May 7 2013 21:33:45

eurocracy wrote: I've talked with you about a13x, and some of the issues you raised were so critical it's OTT. If you apply them to another apinner they would score ever lower than a13x. His camera is one of the best, whether you like the lens or not, on par with Vic's. I personally love it, I think it's the best camera we've had in penspinning ever, it's so clear. You can't knock points off him under the current presentation judging irrc. I think you've been a bit too critical over A13x, though, your standards are so high it's scary. I guess to many judges he's very hard hitting, and then to the very critical judges (may I say pessimistic) he can still score higher than the rest overall. I mean, beating A13x is a demoralising task, remember Orange in Round 2? If anything he was very underrated before this tournament and was not expected to go very far.
    This doesn't have anything to do with his skills on its own. You're saying that he is far and wide the best spinner in this tournament in all aspects, I try to argue that he isn't. Sure, on a lot of points other spinners might score lower, but there are definitely spinners who would consistantly score higher on certain values. Considering the camera, I just like to see pure penspinning, in its natural form. When it's distorted like that, I can't properly appreciate it. When something like that happens, how is it different for knocking off points for a video that's slightly too dark, even though you can still properly see the combo? I might be alone on this one, but I think it's a reasonable opinion. Also, it almost sounds as if my opinions are versus A13X alone, and that I wouldn't be critical of his opponent either. I'm sure you don't exactly mean it that way, but I want to assure you that if/when I judge, I try to be as accurate as possible with it. I'd rather have a judge who's overly analytical than someone who just glosses over the combo and gives points according to that. Spinner preference doesn't have anything to do with this either, it's supposed to be an objective means of determining a winner.

29. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, May 8 2013 06:50:25

He's not the best in all aspects, just one of the hardest hitting overall in each category. As in, he's well rounded, so while spinners may beat him in one category, he beats them in others. So he gets more overall points than a lot of spinners. There are other spinners like him that score like that, for example Supawit, but he is not in this tournament unfortunately. Knocking points OFF for his camera. You can see everything happening, even the judgement criteria dictate that it's only if it pbscures or detracts a lot from the combo. Presentation wise he's using a black mod, which will look less blurry than a white mod, on an always well-lit background, his camera is HD and the lens (Which you don't like) helps you to see a wider area closer up. I mean, it completely decimates a spinmer sitting at a desk recording with a webcam

30. sparking
    Date: Wed, May 8 2013 10:43:52

i have the best camera in the scene. not my opinion. fact. a13x camera is not HD. there is a difference between 720p and 1080p. i wouldn't deduct points for the fisheye, but it definitely isn't good for recording penspinning.

31. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, May 8 2013 12:32:29

meh. I like a13x's camera. Really don't see how he could lose points for presentation considering its just preference. i think a13x hits the criteria hard. Although he misses the finesse and quality of a champion like s777 (boy am i FAN BOY OF S77777), id be happy to call him world champion because he is such just a bad ass. :) (and so dreammyy...sdfjlasIswearimstraighTasldfk)

32. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, May 8 2013 12:44:53

sparking wrote: i have the best camera in the scene. not my opinion. fact. a13x camera is not HD. there is a difference between 720p and 1080p. i wouldn't deduct points for the fisheye, but it definitely isn't good for recording penspinning.
    You do have an amazing camera, what do you use, anyway? However, 720p is still HD:
    High-definition video is video of higher resolution than is standard. While there is no specific meaning for high-definition, generally any video image with more than 480 horizontal lines (North America) or 570 lines (Europe) is considered high-definition. 720 scan lines is generally the minimum even though many systems greatly exceed that.
    I don't think the FishEye has that much effect, personal taste perhaps?

33. sparking
    Date: Wed, May 8 2013 16:24:01

i am using a canon eos 7D you are right, 720p is HD. i usually prefer to write 720p or 1080p so there is no misunderstanding. in a13x's case the fisheye doesn't really have an effect on the spinning itself, but you can see it's effects in the corners, which i think is kind of distracting. therefore i wouldn't deduct points, but it's still not the best choice.

34. Freeman
    Date: Sat, May 18 2013 10:01:04

[video=youtube;klpno5aCLKs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klpno5aCLKs[/video] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klpno5aCLKs sutomo

35. Walkaz
    Date: Sat, May 18 2013 12:09:23

Freeman wrote: [video=youtube;klpno5aCLKs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klpno5aCLKs[/video] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klpno5aCLKs sutomo
    I was disappointed with this combo. Well I can't really blame it all on him. He's only 20months after all :< *hopeofaprodigywtchampcrushed*

36. i.suk
    Date: Sat, May 18 2013 12:34:25

the poll results before combo release are far closer than i expected

37. Reason
    Date: Sat, May 18 2013 14:08:34

Walkaz wrote: I was disappointed with this combo. Well I can't really blame it all on him. He's only 20months after all :< *hopeofaprodigywtchampcrushed*
    yeah i personally wish he had more difficulty and creativity, but seriously, that smoothness is amazing. i see almost no execution errors; no hesitations or slip ups, plus he maintains that same pace the whole way through. he has complete confidence in himself with this combo. though im sure a13x will blow everyone out of the water with whatever he has stashed away for the final match -__-

38. Walkaz
    Date: Sat, May 18 2013 17:37:21

[video=youtube;grezkWXKMaQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grezkWXKMaQ[/video] so much better!!! *faithrestored*

39. Yaemgo
    Date: Sat, May 18 2013 21:20:00

[video=youtube;neERqY0dEJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neERqY0dEJ8[/video] fel2fram totally wins this oh wait.

40. Tigres
    Date: Sat, May 18 2013 21:35:27

ladies and gentlemen, black backgrounds are too mainstream now. from here, starts the era of white background:D

41. Nashi
    Date: Sat, May 18 2013 21:39:27

a13x's ending is just bad. .___. together with the bad combo structure, i think this is decided.

42. RPD
    Date: Sat, May 18 2013 21:41:44

Tigres wrote: ladies and gentlemen, black backgrounds are too mainstream now. from here, starts the era of white background:D
    [23:12:46] RPD: i'm predicting this [23:13:06] RPD: more creativity points for using white bg instead of black bg i'M A FAKIN GURU #.#

43. swike
    Date: Sat, May 18 2013 21:51:04

My personal opinion: Sutomo:Very equilibrated combo,there are some parts I dont like,and there is only a major execution mistake.Anywayshe is 20 months only,abd he is in wt final.btw,starter and finisher reminds me a lot from s777 wt11 r6.Great combo. A13x:we should pay to see you man.The combo it's awesome,VERY difficult,but the execution it's a bit on the floor,specially just before the finisher.IMO the finisher looks ugly.But meh,just astonishing,one of the bests combos i've ever seen.Very big improvent from wt11. Congratz for sutomo and a13x.

44. Twine
    Date: Sat, May 18 2013 23:17:05

Welp Sutomo wins this one for me surprisingly. I was very happy with his combo but not so impressed with a13x's compared to his previous combos.

45. VikroaL
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 00:26:53

I thought I'd never seen anything worse than the WT11 final round, but this just went too far.

46. Reason
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 01:12:39

i just realized how much finger crossing there has been in this tournament... for good luck maybe???

47. Raos
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 02:03:59

It's been a long time and 2013 is definitely it. After long runs of participation, A13x, you handsome motherf***er, you made it this far and you have revolutionized. You deserve it. Good luck!

48. A13x
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 09:39:38

i refilmed, i upload as soon as i can, i hope it is not too late, this is the first ever time i refilm something in this whole tournament

49. Walkaz
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 09:49:04

@A13x YES this makes things even tighter!! Close battles for finals are always great , increase tension :3

50. Nashi
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 10:16:16

Uhm, but you already uploaded a combo before the deadline and the deadline is over by now. :mellow: It's unfair for sutomo.

51. A13x
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 10:21:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND2SSJhVZzg

52. sparking
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 10:52:50

i think it's unfair if we would accept your refilmed combo without giving any penalty. sutomos videos is online for about 18 hours now and your first combo was online 4,5 hours after sutomo had uploaded his refilmed version. refilming because your first video didn't get as many likes as a few people might have hoped is very unfair, now that your opponents video has been online for some time. you had your chance.

53. A13x
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 11:29:01

my mind explode seriously , what should i do ??? the first ver is still online !

54. sky-returns
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 11:44:16

In terms of pure combo, the first one is really better IMO, but with a failed finish... The second one is without "fail", so wait & see. Good luck Alex

55. A13x
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 11:57:15

okay this is my last word, there is too much pressure that i can't stand it, regarding to the previous posts, it would be unfair to sutomo to reupload. i'm so sorry for everybody who wanted me to refilm, this may not be my best finish, but it is still my hardest and best combo. this combo cost me more than 60 hours to film it on two weeks, so here it is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neERqY0dEJ8

56. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 13:47:22

Can you leave your other video unlisted but not submitted if you're not going to enter it, I want to see what it looked like @A13x I think he should have been able to ask sutomo if he could refilm like we see a lot when we have delays and refilms in the WT, regarding getting more time. Anyway, your combo. A lot of people criticise the finish execution error, something that you can ONLY really see with the slomo, you probably should have left the slomo out. It's still an error but you do compensate for it rather well considering. Don't be too harsh on yourself, up until then the execution was flawless. You combo difficulty is still up to spec (The starting tick makes up for the finisher problems, it's impossible) and creativity too, you also removed the fisheye (although I liked it) which should help you in presentation. Whether the execution mistake will be your downfall, we will see. Also I'm curious as to when the WT deadline is, in timezones. If it was pushed back far enough, A13x would still be able to put in his video . Say for example GMT-11 xD A13x, just a tip for the future, be confident when recording your skills, don't push the limits of what you can't do too hard, I can see in this combo that you were attempting to pull off a combo that you were unsure of, rather than a combo that you can nail easily. The stuff you have already mastered would have been enough to beat sutomo, you just pushed your limits too hard and it backfired. Still, I'll see you in WC14.

57. i.suk
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 13:51:56

eurocracy;259446]A lot of people criticise the finish execution error, something that you can ONLY really see with the slomo[/QUOTE] nope. [QUOTE=eurocracy wrote: Also I'm curious as to when the WT deadline is, in timezones. If it was pushed back far enough, A13x would still be able to put in his video . Say for example GMT-11 xD
    i think it's midnight in PDT (cbf checking what that is in GMT)

58. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 13:56:58

For me the deadline always was 6 AM, which is 10 hours ago. I'll go into my judging thoughts later on, going to watch the combos more indepth first, probably. I think it's rather clear though. I am still inclined to disagree with what you believe to be flawless execution.

59. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 14:02:45

i.suk;259448]nope.[/QUOTE] I didn't know what had happened until I checked the slomo. It happened in a quarter of a second, it looked like he stalled slightly or had a shaky catch rather than missed his finger before checking the slomo. I was joking about the times though, btw, it would have to be ridiculous like GMT-11 for him to get the video in. [QUOTE=Erirornal Kraione wrote: I'll go into my judging thoughts later on, going to watch the combos more indepth first, probably. I think it's rather clear though. I am still inclined to disagree with what you believe to be flawless execution.
    I looked over the slomo four times. Up until the finisher his execution stays perfect, there is no hand shakiness, there are no minor execution mistakes such as stumbles, charges are executed properly, hand does not move more than it is needed to. Last time you pointed out only two factors, one was his hand shook slightly on the topspin while the pen was unaffected and the spreads being too fast and out of control at the end. While I may have thought that was pedantic then, you need witchcraft to pull execution errors out of nowhere in the rest of his combo here.

60. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 14:07:13

eurocracy wrote: I didn't know what had happened until I checked the slomo. It happened in 0.25 of a second, it looked like he stalled slightly rather than missed his finger before checking the slomo.
    So are you willing to believe that you just missed what happened and everyone else actually noticing it was a mistake instead of it being barely noticable? I am not willing to call it an artistic choice to catch it like that, not even on my first time watching it.

61. 20%
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 14:11:24

‐△‐ whoa

62. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 14:12:43

Erirornal Kraione wrote: So are you willing to believe that you just missed what happened and everyone else actually noticing it was a mistake instead of it being barely noticable? I am not willing to call it an artistic choice to catch it like that.
    I edited in a little bit more before I saw this post. But I did mention in what you quoted that it looked like a small stall (referring to the execution mistake kind), I was not referring at all to an artistic choice and I never made it out to be, stop arguing against points I have not even made. So to clarify, I didn't know it had been a major mistake, it looked like a minor mistake due to his compensation, in the live video.

63. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 14:27:50

eurocracy wrote: I looked over the slomo four times. Up until the finisher his execution stays perfect, there is no hand shakiness, there are no minor execution mistakes such as stumbles, charges are executed properly, hand does not move more than it is needed to. Last time you pointed out only two factors, one was his hand shook slightly on the topspin while the pen was unaffected and the spreads being too fast and out of control at the end. While I may have thought that was pedantic then, you need witchcraft to pull execution errors out of nowhere in the rest of his combo here.
    Okay, okay, cool. I like using my witchcraft, especially if it is challenged! The immediate catch in 23 after the T4 spin aerial is not so much just shaky as well as bad combo design, but I think I am just going to go over things that looks awkward. Same with the catch in 23 and direction change right after a Fingerless TA reverse. Right afterwards there's the Shadow T1-12 (well it's more of an underneath shadow, with a folded thumb and I'm not exactly sure how to call it, but I've done it a couple of times) which doesn't really make any full rotations, it even looks more like a warped sonic, unlike the next time he does it. As always, you're allowed to disagree with any of my observations. I am very nitpicky and like to see improvements, which is why critisism should always be encouraged. Do you also want more ideas about the combo structure?

64. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 15:48:48

Erirornal Kraione wrote: Okay, okay, cool. I like using my witchcraft, especially if it is challenged! The immediate catch in 23 after the T4 spin aerial is not so much just shaky as well as bad combo design, but I think I am just going to go over things that looks awkward. Same with the catch in 23 and direction change right after a Fingerless TA reverse. Right afterwards there's the Shadow T1-12 (well it's more of an underneath shadow, with a folded thumb and I'm not exactly sure how to call it, but I've done it a couple of times) which doesn't really make any full rotations, it even looks more like a warped sonic, unlike the next time he does it. As always, you're allowed to disagree with any of my observations. I am very nitpicky and like to see improvements, which is why critisism should always be encouraged. Do you also want more ideas about the combo structure?
    Just going to post what we said in the SB before you went:
    [57 Minutes Ago 03:50 PM] eurocracy : When I saw his hand before he caught it, his hand was shaky, but he had not caught it. Like 5 frames before he catches it he goes back into proper motion and it's not shaky, so the catch isn't shaky, but his hand is while the pen is in mid air. [58 Minutes Ago 03:49 PM] eurocracy : Ahhh [1 Hour Ago 03:47 PM] Erirornal Kraione : Foiled again. [1 Hour Ago 03:47 PM] Erirornal Kraione : As in both, I guess I have been typing too quickly. I guess we're all human after all [1 Hour Ago 03:47 PM] Erirornal Kraione : I meant that it wasn't just shaky as much as also bad combo design [1 Hour Ago 03:46 PM] eurocracy : Yes, yes you did, you said it was bad combo design. [1 Hour Ago 03:46 PM] eurocracy : The catch from the T4 spin, I think you did mention that, but you said it was moe bad combo design [1 Hour Ago 03:43 PM] ChainBreak : 99% of the text is not read by eurocracy stoopid [1 Hour Ago 03:42 PM] Erirornal Kraione : Didn't I note that the catch looks bad? huh, must have slipped.