UPSB v4

Presentation / Xienix editing series....

1. Xienix
    Date: Sat, May 4 2013 13:26:54

hey everyone so yea....i was thinking that it could be helpfull on this forum for me to create a tutorial series on some effects i used in collabs/promos/solo videos.... and am and I'm also doing it to help some new editors or help the people who are thinking to start editing but have no idea where to start. what do you think? [update] thanks for the votes everyone I am working on the tutorials i try to release a new tutorial every week but i first need to do some stuff for school the 1st few tutorials will be focused on the basics and after that i'll move on to some effects i used in collab videos ect :)

2. Kcom2002
    Date: Sat, May 4 2013 13:29:33

Yes, please make tut series for us newbie editors out there who stick to WMM. TwT. It would help us all out. ^_^

3. RPD
    Date: Sat, May 4 2013 13:33:05

I like the idea. But this is like a serious project, what is pretty impossible to do in upsb.

4. fang
    Date: Sat, May 4 2013 13:33:58

This could be helpful for some people and you can experiment with most of your ideas. Maybe you can even make a team of editors summit for this! ^_^ Everybody got his own style of editing, could be a good place to share ideas and techniques.

5. Pixels
    Date: Sat, May 4 2013 14:29:56

well. my only comment is that if you have a decent graphic taste, it wont take you much to create a decent collab video. But most noob editors hardly care, and they add a "production" behind their names, being proud of their half assed editing. Stuff like making all of the videos the same size, simple and smooth transitions, and a nice font isnt so hard to accomplish. nonetheless, its still a good idea (Y)

6. Quake
    Date: Sat, May 4 2013 14:41:33

do it. pleasee.

7. LighT*
    Date: Sat, May 4 2013 14:41:48

I think it sounds prety cool ^^!

8. M@V3R1CK
    Date: Sat, May 4 2013 15:06:17

fang wrote: This could be helpful for some people and you can experiment with most of your ideas. Maybe you can even make a team of editors summit for this! ^_^ Everybody got his own style of editing, could be a good place to share ideas and techniques.
    i agree with this guy... plus multiple people means they can do tutorials for multiple editing programs. WMM, Vegas, and AE are pretty much the only ones worth while though imo.

9. Shiftyei
    Date: Sat, May 4 2013 15:38:55

Please do this ^.^ it'll be extremely helpful! =)

10. Yamaguchi
    Date: Sun, May 5 2013 11:49:28

XPSL

11. neXus
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 16:54:33

Well as far as editing goes there's not much you can do with penspinning footage. Most of the influence you have is composition which is also what most people fuck up. If you're doing with like guest tutors I'd chime in. Maybe not like how to use a program but rather theoretical info on composition, syncing, things like that.

12. webspider
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 17:44:18

That would be a better approach, especially if you use guest tutors who have seen lots of videos and can show examples of good lighting, viewing angle and so on.

13. Escorpio123
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 18:27:11

Yes, good idea Xienix :thumb: ;).

14. Gland
    Date: Tue, May 7 2013 15:12:46

nice idea, I'd like to learn

15. Pixels
    Date: Tue, May 7 2013 15:16:06

Gland wrote: nice idea, I'd like to learn
    you should make some tutorials on AE :3

16. Gland
    Date: Wed, May 8 2013 15:41:36

I'm not that good at speaking english. lol but in near future I'd like to publish a PS interactive magazine :)

Pixels wrote: you should make some tutorials on AE :3

17. Xienix
    Date: Wed, May 8 2013 19:36:22

Gland wrote: I'd like to learn
    lol whut? i think you can learn me more about editing then i can learn you :P also thanks everyone for voting

18. Gland
    Date: Thu, May 9 2013 14:37:58

Xienix wrote: lol whut? i think you can learn me more about editing then i can learn you :P also thanks everyone for voting
    I'd to know more about motion tracking like you did in UPSB spinfest collab, that is very good editing ^^

19. Xienix
    Date: Fri, May 10 2013 19:23:42

Gland wrote: I'd to know more about motion tracking like you did in UPSB spinfest collab, that is very good editing ^^
    I'll mention you when I do that tutorial I first want to explain some basic stuff to everyone so they actually know what they are doing instead of just copy it from me [update] thanks for the votes everyone I am working on the tutorials i try to release a new tutorial every week but i first need to do some stuff for school the 1st few tutorials will be focused on the basics and after that i'll move on to some effects i used in collab videos ect [update2 for those who are still looking at this] I'll give it another try in the future