UPSB v4

Off-topic / Help me please

1. Walkaz
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 02:41:17

So I've been using Desmume for a long time and I've never experience this before I start up my game ( pokemon ) and it runs in normal speed. After awhile the fps will go VERY LOW and the emulator will lag like hell. After sometimes the fps will return to normal and the cycle continues Same thing happens to my PCSX2 1.0.0. on Rouruni Kenshin Persona 4 to be exact I'm no computer expert, could anyone help me? :<

2. [TGN]
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 05:08:34

Try No$GBA I used to use Desmume and it lagged like crazy D:

3. DioBrando
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 05:12:17

use no$gba 2.6a

4. webspider
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 05:44:40

First of all, "lag" could mean anything. Your computer not being synced to the game speed, the emulator dropping frames or your computer being too slow. GBA emulation (and everything above) requires surprisingly lot of ressources and should work on a core2duo, but I'd rather test it with zero framedropon an i5 to be sure. Forget about it on anything older. Or test the no$ stuff.

5. Walkaz
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 10:29:18

the no$gba lags even more. I have been using Desmume for over 2 years and it just start happening now :< and lag here means low fps lol. Other programs are still fine :< @webspider

6. webspider
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 10:33:32

That must be your deity telling you to format your disks and install the glorious GENTOO to solve the problem once and for all. edit: Or pretending to fix them by reinstalling windows. Something is lowering your performance and you should find out what it is.

7. Zombo
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 19:39:36

aare you using the new gfx engine?

8. taichi1082
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 20:52:29

Sounds like your GPU is overheating. Are you on a laptop? What temps do you get while playing/after playing for a while? Or could this (rather unlikely) be an emulation issue? Does this framedrop happen after a certain event? Oh also Install gentoo

9. Argon_City
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 22:15:25

Delete System32, it helps with emulator lags.

10. Walkaz
    Date: Thu, May 2 2013 00:54:57

@Zombo no xD

11. taichi1082
    Date: Thu, May 2 2013 09:18:47

Walkaz wrote: @taichi1082 yes i'm on a laptop. It doesn't exert that much heat though when i run the emulator. I don't think it's the emulator problem either as I have re-downloaded them multiple times to no avail T.T .
    Install speccy and tell us what temps you get idle and after playing. "It doesn't exert that much heat" is a subjective impression and doesn't mean anything. My laptop does hardly emit any heat and while playing games the GPU is usually at 90°C Also, if thats the issue try to remove any dust from your fan and check if the fans are actually running properly.

12. Walkaz
    Date: Thu, May 2 2013 11:56:46

@Zombo