UPSB v4

Off-topic / iphone 5 vs s4

1. Clyde
    Date: Tue, Apr 30 2013 15:23:13

which would you prefer, and why?

2. fang
    Date: Tue, Apr 30 2013 15:35:21

In my case: Neither. Simple anwser: "I don't need it" If you really want to knew which one you need, then first list of stuff you want to do with it. With everything numbered in priority. Then get some information on these 2 products and see which one fit in your needs and voilĂ , your answer! ^_^

3. JackyMacky
    Date: Tue, Apr 30 2013 15:40:08

EDIT: S4 because android. Sorry, thought you were talking about 4S. o.o

4. Alvaris
    Date: Tue, Apr 30 2013 16:55:26

neither iphone 5 = itunes is shit s4 = design is shit

5. neXus
    Date: Tue, Apr 30 2013 17:45:52

For you I don't think it matters. I mean if you were into phones and customization you wouldn't ask this question. The things YOU want from your phone can be covered by either so it becomes a design, price and maybe style issue and with those I can't help. I don't know what you think looks better, what your budget is and if you consider apple products high-class or w/e you want to call it. For me definitely the S4. Android superior. Also I prefer Google to snoop around in my private life over other companies.

6. ChainBreak
    Date: Tue, Apr 30 2013 18:20:01

I would go for S4, but since you're a fag go for the iPhone

7. Quake
    Date: Tue, Apr 30 2013 21:06:34

Bro, get a Nokia. GG.

8. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Apr 30 2013 21:11:29

hahaha this might turn you off [video=youtube;ZJs7N3aM75Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZJs7N3aM75Y#![/video]

9. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Tue, Apr 30 2013 22:41:46

I like watching videos on a larger screen, not a just a wider screen I have the S3 but I prefer the S4 over iPhone 5

10. Alex
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 01:13:06

:hah: i chose neither.... why would i buy a 500+ dollard product when i bet it costs the chinese like 20$ to make it

11. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 01:58:23

^I got mine for free as an upgrade on black friday, so why not

12. SJ
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 02:41:18

iPhone 6.

13. lunasol
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 08:27:03

as plenty of members have already mentioned, it really is based on preference. imho, android > iOS. GS4/android gives you the ability to customize as much/little as you want with the phone whereas an iphone will limit you. however, if you're newer going into smartphones, don't enjoy tinkering with every aspect of your phone, or would rather be simplistic, then go with the iphone. on a complete side-note, although i have a GS3 and samsung = <3, i would probably look into grabbing the HTC One or the nexus 4. HTC One looks like a freaking beast of a phone and would probably have been my pick if i were choosing something now and the nexus 4 is a VERY close 2nd. price for it is unbeatable for the nexus 4 (non-contract) and the specs are on par with the GS4 and the HTC One.

14. webspider
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 10:28:49

Neither. I'll only consider these kind of smartphones as soon as they have the ability to beat my netbook in terms of emulation, have decent battery life and either a better competitor or a radical make-over at Android. For now my Nokia C3-00 does the job, I am considering one of the old and more tough ones. Apple has hands down the better operating system, design and apps. If only it weren't for the premium price tag all over, the morons using it and the decisions of Apple. Ironically though Google shares a few of these weaknesses. They managed to turn a Linux Kernel into the probably least efficient operating system component ever used, have a moronic fanbase and the same kind of idiots running it. At least it's customizable and available on more hardware. By this logic I should probably suit up and buy something new from Blackberry.

15. Tentcell
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 10:55:25

I bought the s4, and I have really enjoyed it.the screens very big and the camera's great.I've been using it heavilyand the battery is pretty good too.I've experienced both phones and I would choose the s4 any day. Edit: To the dumbass who said it cost the company 20 bucks to make this phone you are completely wrong. Costs Samsung around 240$ to make the s4.

16. chris
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 14:54:11

Get an N9/00 yo. Maemo/MeeGo all the way. But seriously, it depends on you. I'd go for the S4, because there's just so many things you can do which seem a bit restricted on iOS (iTunes vs USB Mass Storage is already one). Plus, I like how they seemed to fit a bigger screen and improved specs in a body as small as the S3's (but somehow the test unit I tried was laggy. -_-). If anything, just see out how you usually use phones. I usually use it for music and some reminders. So I'm good with what I have now (N9).

17. MitchellFaulkner
    Date: Fri, May 10 2013 11:51:47

Well i'd definitely go for an apple. Sure samsung s4 offers much more features and advancement but the quality of the apples kid is just awesome. The i phone users know that they hold the most beautiful and quality devices on the planet.

18. RPD
    Date: Fri, May 10 2013 12:34:37

MitchellFaulkner wrote: The i phone users know that they hold the most beautiful and quality devices on the planet.
    They hold the most expesive ones. Anyone with min. tech knowledge knows that iphone is not the best phone.

19. Tentcell
    Date: Sat, May 11 2013 03:57:15

MitchellFaulkner wrote: Well i'd definitely go for an apple. Sure samsung s4 offers much more features and advancement but the quality of the apples kid is just awesome. The i phone users know that they hold the most beautiful and quality devices on the planet.
    Spoken like a true fanboy.

20. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, May 11 2013 06:47:37

webspider wrote: Neither. I'll only consider these kind of smartphones as soon as they have the ability to beat my netbook in terms of emulation, have decent battery life and either a better competitor or a radical make-over at Android. For now my Nokia C3-00 does the job, I am considering one of the old and more tough ones. Apple has hands down the better operating system, design and apps. If only it weren't for the premium price tag all over, the morons using it and the decisions of Apple. Ironically though Google shares a few of these weaknesses. They managed to turn a Linux Kernel into the probably least efficient operating system component ever used, have a moronic fanbase and the same kind of idiots running it. At least it's customizable and available on more hardware. By this logic I should probably suit up and buy something new from Blackberry.
    You have a nwtbook? My god those things were such a random trend when they came out. The android vs iOS argument is not one you can answer, it's based on what you like. Android has a lot more functionality and in the case of the Nexus 4 it comes fully rooted for more advanced stuff. Oh and Android is open source and isn't actively trying to stop you getting root access, unlike Apple scumbags who break jailbreaks every update they make, I swear it's their main update. Apple does NOT have better apps and functionality. Take the browser fkr example, there is no point downloading other browsers from the app store because apple refuses them unless they are based on safari, so they are all reskinned safari. On Android I can run FireFox Beta, which is a monster of a browser with flash, desktop browsing upport, and it's fast as heck. Inefficient? Pfft what android device have you been using and what are you comparing it to. My galaxy S2 still whoops iPhone 5 ass in a lot of factors. For example I even modifued it to implement SuperNexus, which is changing the ENTIRE OS to make android as lightweight and as efficient as possible. It was fast before but now it's so smooth it's beautiful. Then we get to the fact that android devices have a ridiculous amount of processing power and memory, Galaxy Nexus with 2GB of RAM qhat. And Oct core processors in newer android devices. Apps also run alongside eachother in the background, manageable with a task manager app. On an iPhone when you go to another app it freezes it in the memory but does not continue executing it, this adds up to eventually your entire RAM being taken up, your phone lagging, and crashing Source: I own a Galaxy S2 and before that and iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3rd Gen. I have jailbroken/rooted all three and had been modding them. Go buy an apple if you want what apple offers in all their products, overpriced, shiny piece of gimmicky shit that costs them barely anything to make. Eg Macs, iPods, iPhones, they're pretty much all the same hyped up steve-jobs marketting shit.

21. webspider
    Date: Sat, May 11 2013 10:41:58

eurocracy wrote: You have a nwtbook? My god those things were such a random trend when they came out. The android vs iOS argument is not one you can answer, it's based on what you like. Android has a lot more functionality and in the case of the Nexus 4 it comes fully rooted for more advanced stuff. Oh and Android is open source and isn't actively trying to stop you getting root access, unlike Apple scumbags who break jailbreaks every update they make, I swear it's their main update. Apple does NOT have better apps and functionality. Take the browser fkr example, there is no point downloading other browsers from the app store because apple refuses them unless they are based on safari, so they are all reskinned safari. On Android I can run FireFox Beta, which is a monster of a browser with flash, desktop browsing upport, and it's fast as heck. Inefficient? Pfft what android device have you been using and what are you comparing it to. My galaxy S2 still whoops iPhone 5 ass in a lot of factors. For example I even modifued it to implement SuperNexus, which is changing the ENTIRE OS to make android as lightweight and as efficient as possible. It was fast before but now it's so smooth it's beautiful. Then we get to the fact that android devices have a ridiculous amount of processing power and memory, Galaxy Nexus with 2GB of RAM qhat. And Oct core processors in newer android devices. Apps also run alongside eachother in the background, manageable with a task manager app. On an iPhone when you go to another app it freezes it in the memory but does not continue executing it, this adds up to eventually your entire RAM being taken up, your phone lagging, and crashing Source: I own a Galaxy S2 and before that and iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3rd Gen. I have jailbroken/rooted all three and had been modding them. Go buy an apple if you want what apple offers in all their products, overpriced, shiny piece of gimmicky shit that costs them barely anything to make. Eg Macs, iPods, iPhones, they're pretty much all the same hyped up steve-jobs marketting shit.
    Spoken like a true fanboy.

22. sparking
    Date: Sat, May 11 2013 10:49:45

all these stupid little kids here ^______^ both OSs have their advantages buy the phone you like and that suits your environment best. PERIOD.

23. taichi1082
    Date: Sat, May 11 2013 11:31:04

eurocracy wrote: Inefficient? Pfft what android device have you been using and what are you comparing it to. My galaxy S2 still whoops iPhone 5 ass in a lot of factors. For example I even modifued it to implement SuperNexus, which is changing the ENTIRE OS to make android as lightweight and as efficient as possible. It was fast before but now it's so smooth it's beautiful.
    Yeah you seem to miss the point though. The S2 is fast, without a doubt. But the way the OS works is still inefficient and there are many things people don't like about it. I really don't like how android handles multi-tasking and how all apps seem to be more on the battery-preserving side when it comes to suspending/working in the background. Thats something a netbook, running a "real" OS, handles much better. Even though netbooks use low-voltage processors with a lower clock speed, the fact alone that it is x86 and not ARM makes it feel much faster and more responsive. Also, try opening a browser with 10 (active) tabs and simultaneously play 720p h264 video on a phone. Oh right, you can't. Source: Someone who has a loonix netbook and a high-end Android smartphone running CM http://i.imgur.com/iiBFnFT.jpg The phone is mainly for twitter, whatsapp and playing around, the netbook for actual work and getting shit done. /EDIT: I should also mention that I own an iOS device (which I don't use) and a Symbian phone (which I use when I walk in the ghetto) http://i.imgur.com/cfqAkTz.jpg The N82 is still the best phone I ever owned. It can even run modern stuff like ... well, twitter and whatsapp. And it has better multitasking than android. And iOS.