1. hoiboy
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 23:45:44

San Francisco World Journal Monday, August 23, 2010

2. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 23:47:09

Translation pwease? :innocent:

3. hoiboy
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 23:54:28

I added a screenshot of the ePaper. @Nacho: my Chinese isn't proficient enough, it says something like Evolution is one of the new spinners... he's super good... here's his youtube channel... they use specially modified pens... etc.

4. THEcube
    Date: Wed, Aug 25 2010 04:06:28

Okay, I translated the whole thing to practice for the Chinese SAT, some parts sound awkward when translated, and that's unavoidable unfortunately. :( === Title: 488 Revolutions around the index finger, the God of pen spinning is setting records unable to be broken Recently, there has been a wave of pen spinning. A second year student at (name of high school), set a record by doing 488 busts in a mere 3 minutes and 55 seconds... can't see the rest of the sentence Evolution says that he practices every day, late at night, before he goes to sleep. He says he cannot practice during class, as it is disrespectful towards the teacher and his peers. He has over 200 videos posted on youtube, for full details, go to "http://www.youtube.com/user/bmw456159" (Stuff on his education that's too small to see >.<) Evolution says, "Pen spinning is not just limited to a few tricks, there are a multitude of types of tricks that involve all the fingers, even some that involve the pen being thrown up in the air and caught. To facilitate pen spinning, we often modify our pens. Full details can be found online, where many of us mod our own pens and post them there. The ideal pen length is 18-23 cm." He says any pen can be spun, but some pens from Japan, Korea, and the USA are designed specifically for spinning. Evolution learned how to modify his pen by himself, using tutorials online. "The pen tip and rear, and weight all influence how the pen will spin." His most expensive pen mod, cost 1000 Taiwan dollars (about 32 USD)! Over the years, he has received numerous warnings from teachers about his pen spinning. As a result, he competed in Taiwan's National pen spinning contest. His mother says that she does not complain about him pen spinning, as doing so increases his finger dexterity, which will help him with piano. ===

5. sta812
    Date: Wed, Aug 25 2010 04:08:47

watch this as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6C5PzqoWN8&feature=player_embedded

6. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Aug 25 2010 07:47:34

nice to see pen spinning being publicised xD although they didn't mention he also had world record in fl ta and midbak 1.5 heh

7. chris
    Date: Wed, Aug 25 2010 09:11:46

gah, so far PSing has only reached the TV in our place. I wish it was in the newspapers as well :) nice that PSing, after all these years, is starting to... 'being publicized'. :)

8. EliteN00Bz
    Date: Wed, Aug 25 2010 14:17:03

@chrisPS oh yeah the spin it, win it by pentel rsvp

9. devaa
    Date: Fri, Aug 27 2010 14:22:33

looks like minwoo haha

10. Nachoaddict
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 17:06:33

Honestly I wished we'd get some more news coverage here in the U.S. Seems that Asian and European countries have a lot more involvement than Americans. Only a few videos of news and t.v. show things exists for us including that one thing with the Socal Gathering and Tek.

11. Eric
    Date: Fri, Sep 3 2010 03:27:20

he has the same chinese name as my dad, haha

12. Vaan
    Date: Fri, Sep 3 2010 03:35:02

thin minwoo.. ^^.. +1 popularizzzzzation