UPSB v4

Presentation / Mac webcam software

1. Tommy
    Date: Sat, Apr 20 2013 06:33:36

Recently bought a logitech HD 1080P c920 only problem is, i can't record anything. I was wondering what are some webcaputring software, ive recently tried just uploading videos through the upload button on youtube but the fps is like 1 frame per second. So yea, please post some capturing suggestions preferably one that can record quite HD

2. webspider
    Date: Sat, Apr 20 2013 07:06:07

As long as OS X recognizes your hardware, anything with recording capabilities should do. That includes iMovie, VLC, Quicktime, Screenflow (though that's more for desktop recording and a paid app) and so on. Since getting the settings correct with the last ones, I suggest you stick to iMovie, simply because it managed to get HD out of my internal webcam and gives you a bit more than just cutting (actual editing like adjusting levels and so on). A simple google search tells me there's fully featured webcam recording apps like EvoCam with a price tag, but also a post from another angry Logitech webcam user who managed to get it record HD. And that guy uses any software with recording abilities afterwards just like me it seems.

3. JackyMacky
    Date: Sat, Apr 20 2013 07:16:13

Try http://www.virtualdub.org/ EDIT: ohwait nvmd. Virtualdub only works with Windows....my bad. :(

4. Tommy
    Date: Sat, Apr 20 2013 08:14:52

webspider;256737]As long as OS X recognizes your hardware, anything with recording capabilities should do. That includes iMovie, VLC, Quicktime, Screenflow (though that's more for desktop recording and a paid app) and so on. Since getting the settings correct with the last ones, I suggest you stick to iMovie, simply because it managed to get HD out of my internal webcam and gives you a bit more than just cutting (actual editing like adjusting levels and so on). A simple google search tells me there's fully featured webcam recording apps like EvoCam with a price tag, but also a post from another angry Logitech webcam user who managed to get it record HD. And that guy uses any software with recording abilities afterwards just like me it seems.[/QUOTE] THANKS! [QUOTE=JackyMacky wrote: Try http://www.virtualdub.org/ EDIT: ohwait nvmd. Virtualdub only works with Windows....my bad. :(
    thanks for trying

5. coffeelucky
    Date: Sat, Apr 20 2013 14:02:58

I use Photo Booth for record everything. It's work very well.

6. Along
    Date: Sun, Apr 21 2013 13:10:34

coffeelucky wrote: I use Photo Booth for record everything. It's work very well.
    how do u zoom in photo booth?

7. coffeelucky
    Date: Sun, Apr 21 2013 14:54:37

Along wrote: how do u zoom in photo booth?
    It can't zoom in, but it record video very well.

8. Dragon
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 11:49:11

try logitech webcam software, it worked quite well for me on my macbook pro @coffeelucky, do you just record with the built-in camera?

9. coffeelucky
    Date: Wed, May 1 2013 14:51:35

@Dragon No, I use Logitech C250m webcam.

10. Dragon
    Date: Thu, May 2 2013 05:54:42

For some technical reason my photo booth does not allow me to connect to webcams other than the built-in one lol