UPSB v4

General Discussion / World Tournament 2013 - Quarterfinals Round - Results OUT!

1. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 14:49:16

http://worldps.org/wt13/files/r4/ please compile I gtg now

2. taichi1082
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 14:54:01

Please compile I must play videogames

3. Mystic
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 14:59:42

Wha? Most of these people didnt judge everyone. WTF FPSB.

4. Ivabra
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 15:00:38

you can't judge the battles where somebody from your board is in, that's why.

5. Ivabra
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 15:05:51

bpsc: a13x, sutomo, ction brpsb: ivabra, a13x (wtf a13x 20/20 lmao), f2f, baaron fpsb: ction gpc: leftfinger, a13x, f2f, ction hkpsa: ivabra, a13x, sutomo, baaron ipsb: ivabra, a13x, f2f, ction jeb: ivabra, a13x lpsa: leftfinger, a13x, sutomo ppp: ivabra, sutomo, ction ppsc: ivabra, a13x, sutomo, tie spsb: ivabra, a13x, sutomo, ction spsc: draw (for iva vs left), a13x, ction, sutomo thpsc: ivabra, a13x, sutomo, ction twps: ivabra, a13x, sutomo, ction upsb: ivabra, a13x, sutomo, baaron vpc: ivabra, a13x, f2f, tie I guess it is : Ivabra a13x Sutomo ctionist, thanks i.suk for compilation

6. XiaoD
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 15:08:39

congrats to the winners, r5 looks to be interesting

7. LighT*
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 15:18:04

congrats to everyone ^^!

8. coffeelucky
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 15:30:21

from BPSC judge, Baaron score should be 12.5, not 11.5 but the vote is still gone for ctionist and it doesn't affect the last results. I don't find any other mistake.

9. Tigres
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 15:46:12

lolz French VS Japan

10. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 15:46:27

Dang, f2f is out... a13x vs sutomo or ctionist final?

11. Gland
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 15:50:05

these results are confirmed? congrats to Ivabra and a13x! feel sorry to f2f. hope to see you win for another tourney :) can't wait to r5 match-up. I wish Ivabra vs ction and a13x vs sutomo

12. astronaut
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 15:54:41

Wow! Fel2fram lost. I'm also surprised that not a single judge voted for Gibki:s

13. Chobi
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 16:00:52

well there goes the many people who thought f2f was a shoo-in for WT13 winner congrats to everyone who made it through, happy to see ction and iva make it this far

14. Blue
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 16:02:03

by PPSC

Leftfinger lacked a little bit in content (or creativity, I suppose).
    Wtf ?

15. Mystic
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 16:11:38

a13x and ctionist for final!

16. Yamaguchi
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 16:16:04

Blue wrote: by PPSC
    Leftfinger lacked a little bit in content (or creativity, I suppose).
    Wtf ?
    what's with this post? fanbooy hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe peace

17. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 17:08:24

Worst WT ever.

18. sparking
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 17:20:44

nothing can beat wt 11. anyway congrats to the winners!!

19. swike
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 17:23:52

a13x vs sutomo for finals,that would be awesome. Abd congratz for those who make it and those who not,you all are insane

20. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 17:48:28

eazi-penspinner wrote: Worst WT ever.
    Just because F2F lost? gee...

21. miyat
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 17:52:42

Wow... I feel sick, someone hold my pen.

22. SuperVValrus
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 17:58:31

Damn it. I wanted Baaron to win D: New favorite is a13x

23. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 18:22:38

DArKT wrote: Just because F2F lost? gee...
    Not only that, [B]IMO[/B] there were lots of judging problems in this WT, fel2fram vs Sutomo was probably the worst.

24. swike
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 18:37:00

f2f isnt unbeatable,I love him,but I have to say that this time sutomo did a better combo.Also fel2fram could have beateb sutomo,but he didn' his best combo.Both spinners were great.

25. Smile[FPSB]
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 18:40:08

Even as an FPSB member, I think the judgement is fair. Sutomo easily wins for presentation and Execution. Close in Difficulty, Fel still wins. Fel wins in creativity. -->Sutomo wins. Look like Fel2fram did all he can do to annoy the judges. No slowmo, offcams, 13sc combo... It's definitely a good judgement. Bad judgeùent would have been to make Fel win just due to his name. Even so, he remains the best IMO. Reminds me Bonkura in 2007. Can't wait for the match-up.

26. taichi1082
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 18:40:20

eazi-penspinner wrote: [B]IMO[/B]
    I hate you Also this round was pretty good in terms of judging IN MY OPINIöolaksdjföklasjdfölkjölkFUCKYOUYOULITTLEPIECEOFSHITIMGONNAKILLYOUölkasdjfölkas

27. Gisele 8
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 19:02:23

expected and legit. nice round and judgments i am happy the winner will be between those 4.

28. RPD
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 19:09:09

Now that WT is a beauty contest, lets /in some hairdressers between the judges.

29. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 19:13:32

eazi-penspinner wrote: Not only that, [B]IMO[/B] there were lots of judging problems in this WT, fel2fram vs Sutomo was probably the worst.
    Pay attention to what Smile said. I agree that in the 1st round lots of combos were misjudged (Darkinhex, and I'm not saying that because hes from my board), but things got fair and clean from R2 and on. just accept that F2F didnt had the best combo... for me it was actually his worst combo. @RPD I´ll quote for you, Sly's comment on F2F's combo "The winner will not be the one who is better, harder, more creative, more stylish ... The winner will be the one who will look "promising" to the next round until the very end. This is the real face of judging. Will take into account the moral disposition in the first place when the final verdict. P.S.> Where are my vodka?"

30. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 19:19:44

RPD wrote: Now that WT is a beauty contest, lets /in some hairdressers between the judges.
    Those kind of caps...with this kind of barrel?? URGH!

31. RPD
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 20:12:42

DArKT wrote: "The winner will not be the one who is better, harder, more creative, more stylish ... The winner will be the one who will look "promising" to the next round until the very end. [...]
    Most of the spinners in the WT look boring as fuck, and dont promise me anything, because the next combo will be even more boring. The same way, some people dont like fel because his combo is ugly, and his next combo will be even uglier. The whole point of the tournament, as sly says there, is the same thing everyone says, the judges are just voting the combos they like most, they are biased to the styles they find better/more entertaining. More judges liking stylish combos, stylish spinners are promising, the others arent. Just saying that the game is not prepared for new players.

32. padrace
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 21:05:35

regarding fel2fram vs. sutomo, fel2fram had some off-cams and stoppages in rotation smoothness, so his combo was less appealing and clean. Sutomo's combo was definitely more boring and less dynamic since it was completely momentum based spinning, but its execution and presentation was cleaner and brought out the difficult parts of his combo much better. both were very difficult. fel2fram's was far more creative. sutomo deserved to win, but fel2fram's only major weakness was execution.

33. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 21:13:33

taichi1082 wrote: I hate you Also this round was pretty good in terms of judging IN MY OPINIöolaksdjföklasjdfölkjölkFUCKYOUYOULITTLEPIECEOFSHITIMGONNAKILLYOUölkasdjfölkas
    Ok this is my last post about Fel2fram vs Sutomo battle. Sutomo's difficulty was much lower than fel2fram's combo. The only "difficult" parts of Sutomo's combo would be his opener, the part at 0:10 and the sequence at 0:14. The finisher was also nice but I'd say the rest of his combo was somewhat spammy and he was using fillers. Sutomo's creativity was also no where near f2f's. Even the highlights of his combo were "normal" tricks that we've seen a lot. Whereas f2f's combo is nearly impossible to breakdown. I'd say both combos were executed well, Sutomo would have a slight advantage because his combo was more appealing. Still, there were no major faults in f2f's execution. Fel2fram's presentation was poor. Sutomo clearly wins in this criteria. I don't like giving points to combos because combos this advanced would get pretty close in points but still, here's the points I'd give : Fel2fram: Difficulty: 5 Creativity: 5 Execution: 3.5 Presentation: 4 Sutomo: Difficulty: 4 Creativity: 3.5 Execution: 4.5 Presentation: 5

34. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 21:46:27

eazi-penspinner wrote: Ok this is my last post about Fel2fram vs Sutomo battle. Sutomo's difficulty was much lower than fel2fram's combo. The only "difficult" parts of Sutomo's combo would be his opener, the part at 0:10 and the sequence at 0:14. The finisher was also nice but I'd say the rest of his combo was somewhat spammy and he was using fillers. Sutomo's creativity was also no where near f2f's. Even the highlights of his combo were "normal" tricks that we've seen a lot. Whereas f2f's combo is nearly impossible to breakdown. I'd say both combos were executed well, Sutomo would have a slight advantage because his combo was more appealing. Still, there were no major faults in f2f's execution. Fel2fram's presentation was poor. Sutomo clearly wins in this criteria. I don't like giving points to combos because combos this advanced would get pretty close in points but still, here's the points I'd give : Fel2fram: Difficulty: 5 Creativity: 5 Execution: 3.5 Presentation: 4 Sutomo: Difficulty: 4 Creativity: 3.5 Execution: 4.5 Presentation: 5
    Yeah, ok... Ps tournaments are not about beauty only, but it is a criteria that should be taken into the judging. "hur durr, but F2F combos can be ulgy,but they're original and hard hur durr". S777's combos were hard, beautiful, innovative and they had flawless execution, aspects that helped him to win WT11. F2F combos are not impossible to breakdown. Some guy in UPSB did it once,(was it you, @eurocracy?) and fel himself did it. It's just hard to recognize them because of fel's "different" style. And fel himself can BD the combo if you ask him. And as it is hard to BD, you cant say fel never recicled material from previous combos. Sutomo's combo has some old material, BUT his TP and Quadrangle passes are EXTREMELLY hard to execute with his smoothness, not to mention he does it fluently. And all this discussion reminds me of the fanboys from apple and samsung, gosh... we better stop and accept that this tournament is not judged by the name of the spinner, it's judged by who the judges think has more to implement in the next round. Anyways, Ivabra/Ctionist vs A13x in the finals. Or Ivabra vs Ctionist...

35. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 21:48:48

Don't give Fel a 5 in difficulty as that requires both exceedingly difficult TRICKS and linkages, while to be honest Sutomo has the 5 there ans Fel the 4 as Fel has difficult links but not tricks. I'd think sutomo is a 4 for creativity? But fel needs a 5 there for sure. I don't have the scheme to check on that area as I'm on my phone atm. I honestly think it's: Fel difficulty- 4 creativity - 5 Sutomo Difficulty - 5 Creativity 4 Leaving it down to the execution and presentation, where sutomo wins. I did a BD a long time ago, there were a number of errors as fel's angle makes things hard and my skill at BDs was severely lacking. I've improved now. I can't break down what I can't see though, before fel released a video I was breaking down his current combo, and the PD halftap is obscured by his hand so it's severely hard to see what he's doing. He does recycle but not often, by the way, his originality tends to be very good. However, the in-out sonics have existed for a year or so on his Jean bon account, I do believe they've been used before

36. taichi1082
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 21:54:37

Obviously you didn't read the rules but hey good luck next time :)

37. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 23:30:59

Iva Vs A13x Finals Would So kewlllllllllllllll

38. Twine
    Date: Mon, Apr 15 2013 01:03:06

I actually love the four spinners left in WT. It's a nice variety. Gooooo Ivabra. Gooooo Ctionist but I already know a13x will win ;-;

39. AirGear
    Date: Mon, Apr 15 2013 04:38:16

f2f was lost? hahaha just for fun!

40. fel2fram
    Date: Mon, Apr 15 2013 05:36:45

Well, I'm still very happy that many people supported my 13s offcam combo =D Thanks a lot !

41. Twine
    Date: Mon, Apr 15 2013 06:11:01

fel2fram wrote: Well, I'm still very happy that many people supported my 13s offcam combo =D Thanks a lot !
    Even though you didn't win WT you will always be remembered as one of the greats who had a huge effect on pen spinning. You'll be remembered with Bonkura, Eriror, Spinnerpeem and S777 and I think it's that's more of an achievement than winning WT.