UPSB v4

Member Introductions / v

1. Tetheta
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 13:31:06

Hello all, I got introduced to pen spinning by @Iota just a couple of days ago when he made a very interesting post explaining the topic on Day9.tv. I've been looking for something neat to do in class/when waiting for a while now, but though I always fiddle with my pens/pencils I had no notion that there was this sort of awesome community surrounding that concept. Day9 (A Starcraft 2 caster/eSports figure btw) will sometimes do a basic thumbaround or a few moves in his dailies, but it never occurred to me that I could do likewise until Iota made his post a few days ago elaborating on it. I started off with the basic thumbaround using an unsharpened hexagonal pencil. Once I took off the eraser the balance was pretty good and I'm starting to get the hang of it, working on consistency and speed now to actually make it look good. I ordered an RSVP MX so hoping that'll help me out a bit. I wanted something I could still write with in class that looked nice so that's why I went with the MX haha. Some crazy awe-inspiring videos on here guys, keep it up :)

2. Mystic
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 13:48:05

Something to do in class huh? Say goodbye to your grades :bye: lol

3. Tetheta
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 14:03:14

Yeah hopefully I can get it to the subconscious level and not worry too much about developing new combos in class :P I'd probably only do it in the classes that don't really need attention paid to them though, most of the time in other classes I'm writing haha.

4. LighT*
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 14:05:10

Tetheta wrote: Hello all, I got introduced to pen spinning by @Iota just a couple of days ago when he made a very interesting post explaining the topic on Day9.tv. I've been looking for something neat to do in class/when waiting for a while now, but though I always fiddle with my pens/pencils I had no notion that there was this sort of awesome community surrounding that concept. Day9 (A Starcraft 2 caster/eSports figure btw) will sometimes do a basic thumbaround or a few moves in his dailies, but it never occurred to me that I could do likewise until Iota made his post a few days ago elaborating on it. I started off with the basic thumbaround using an unsharpened hexagonal pencil. Once I took off the eraser the balance was pretty good and I'm starting to get the hang of it, working on consistency and speed now to actually make it look good. I ordered an RSVP MX so hoping that'll help me out a bit. I wanted something I could still write with in class that looked nice so that's why I went with the MX haha. Some crazy awe-inspiring videos on here guys, keep it up :)
    Hello, WELCOME TO UPSB! im raiz, if you have any questions at anytime about anything please ask me and ill get back to you asap! (please, dont hesitate to ask, its what im here for ^^). And thanks for complementing the communities vidoes, believe it or not, you'll be making videos just like those soon enough ^^! I hope you enjoy ps'ing and your time on UPSB :D!

5. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 14:06:38

Welcome to UPSB! Enjoy your stay. Keep on practicing :D

6. Mystic
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 14:11:40

Tetheta wrote: Yeah hopefully I can get it to the subconscious level and not worry too much about developing new combos in class :P I'd probably only do it in the classes that don't really need attention paid to them though, most of the time in other classes I'm writing haha.
    Resistance is futile. It will have full control of your life lol

7. Tetheta
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 14:17:46

Mystic wrote: Resistance is futile. It will have full control of your life lol
    Haha I guess we'll see then :P Thanks for the welcome everyone!

8. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 14:26:03

@Iota :welcome:

9. Shiftyei
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 15:06:51

Welcome ^.^

10. fang
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 15:07:50

Welcome dude, have a great time here.

11. metalbearsolid
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 19:12:47

Hey pal! Im new too. I suggest looking into a Bictory mod. Its extremely easy to make, and its has a bit more weight than a pencil and might be a bit easier for you to learn new tricks!

12. Iota
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 20:48:19

Hey @Tetheta , glad you decided to join! :excited: Welcome to UPSB man, and also don't hesitate to ask me if you've got any questions. I hope you enjoy your PS journey ^^

13. Quake
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 21:05:42

Welcome to the Board!~ Hope to see you around!

14. Tetheta
    Date: Mon, Apr 15 2013 14:04:23

Thanks for the advice @Iota Working on the charge now, feeling pretty comfortable with the thumbaround (though still not 100% by any means). Definitely some great resources in this community :)