UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hello

1. metalbearsolid
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 02:21:15

Hello, my name is metalbear, bear, or britt. I just officially got into pen spinning about 3 days ago. I found a random gif in a subreddit I frequent (reddit.com), which lead me to the comments which lead me to this forum! I had no idea there was a community for pen spinning--and then a community for modding pens?! I have found the Holy Grail of hobbies!! Any way, I really enjoy this. Modding specifically. I know a few fundamentals already (charge, thumbaround, sonic, fingerpass) and have been making and experimenting with pens I like... and trying to find them in stores! here is my current collection: Top to bottom: bictory DC RSVP MX Tiger Noahaddicts RSVP mod RSVP MX Yellow RSVP MX Green RSVP MX Red My favorite is the tiger stripe and the yellow. I like heavier pens better. So far, I have way too many pens that I bought in the last week. Most of which I cant really do anything with. As a noobie question.. are crayola supertip bodies the same (or close enough) to a commsa body? (commsa mod is my next build if I can find some commsa pens!!)

2. Quake
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 02:54:27

Nice nice (: Welcome to the Board Britt!~ Hope to see you around!

3. LighT*
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 03:00:01

metalbearsolid wrote: Hello, my name is metalbear, bear, or britt. I just officially got into pen spinning about 3 days ago. I found a random gif in a subreddit I frequent (reddit.com), which lead me to the comments which lead me to this forum! I had no idea there was a community for pen spinning--and then a community for modding pens?! I have found the Holy Grail of hobbies!! Any way, I really enjoy this. Modding specifically. I know a few fundamentals already (charge, thumbaround, sonic, fingerpass) and have been making and experimenting with pens I like... and trying to find them in stores! here is my current collection: http://i.imgur.com/ZFZLzwR.jpg Top to bottom: bictory DC RSVP MX Tiger Noahaddicts RSVP mod RSVP MX Yellow RSVP MX Green RSVP MX Red My favorite is the tiger stripe and the yellow. I like heavier pens better. So far, I have way too many pens that I bought in the last week. Most of which I cant really do anything with. As a noobie question.. are crayola supertip bodies the same (or close enough) to a commsa body? (commsa mod is my next build if I can find some commsa pens!!)
    hello, we met on tiny chat :D! any who, welcome to the board! If you have any questions on anything at any time please ask em and ill get back you you asap! (dont hesitate to ask questions its what im here for ^^). And as for your question, there not the same bodies, id say a comssa body is thinner and im pretty sure it has less length. however there both very nice bodies to spin with! I hope you enjoy spinning and your time on UPSB!

4. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 03:01:30

:welcome: to UPSB! As for your question, supertips are in no way similar to comssa bodies. Comssas are much thinner than STs but with a comssa backplug inserted in the supertip and some tape, comssa caps can fit onto the body. Good luck trying to find comssas

5. metalbearsolid
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 03:01:43

Raiz wrote: hello, we met on tiny chat :D!
    haha that was so fun! We should do more of those. I could watch people spin for hours!

6. Iota
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 03:22:06

welcome! :excited: another florida spinner now haha, we have all of like 4 people here, 2 of which are inactive and/or retired .-_______.- oh, and unless there's a daiso somewhere hidden in florida, you'll probably have to order comssas online or trade for them (I have some extra cartoon comssas if you end up needed a couple, let me know). Supertip bodies are really useful, you can use them for Busters, KTs, or really whatever else. It's my favorite body and they work equally well with KT-tipped and signo-tipped weights I find. Thing is, they're only really that useful for those things if they're the older batch of Supertips, they're a bit thicker than the new ones so they fit on KT caps. You should find the new ones still pretty useful though, probably closer to comssa body size, but I think it's a bit thicker still. You could likely sub it for comssa barrels, but you might have to use a backplug or cut section from a bic body or something to get the backcap to fit, depends on the mod you want to sub it for.

7. Tommy
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 03:34:41

You won't be able to find commsa unless you look online. Or trade

8. Gash
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 07:16:44

Welcome haha. You play Metal Gear Solid ._."?

9. Xitra
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 07:17:23

Welcome to UPSB!

10. Voracity
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 07:54:25

Raiz strikes again xD

11. fang
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 10:10:22

Welcome on the board, feel free to ask questions.

Voracity wrote: Raiz strikes again xD
    I know right! ^_^

12. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 12:37:04

:welcome: There are a few active florida spinners, #$%@Iota's whole family used to spin. Normal supertips are a bit thicker than commsa bodies, but Crayola does make thin supertips, which are closer in size, but by no means a substitute for a real comssa. :)

13. metalbearsolid
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 18:14:18

Gash wrote: Welcome haha. You play Metal Gear Solid ._."?
    Yes! My favorite series of games. I have a game crush on Snake since MGS2 came out when I was like 13 a decade ago! (god has it been that long!? Jeez!) Cant wait for MGS V. Not looking forward to buying a ps4, but... thats the only reason I bought a ps3! (bought the MGS version of a ps3 when MGS4 came out haha)

14. miyat
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 22:16:16

metalbearsolid wrote: Hello, my name is metalbear, bear, or britt. I just officially got into pen spinning about 3 days ago. I found a random gif in a subreddit I frequent (reddit.com), which lead me to the comments which lead me to this forum! I had no idea there was a community for pen spinning--and then a community for modding pens?! I have found the Holy Grail of hobbies!
    :welcome: Dude, that comment was probably mine! Check out r/penspinning too since you're already on reddit.

15. metalbearsolid
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 22:43:07

miyat wrote: :welcome: Dude, that comment was probably mine! Check out r/penspinning too since you're already on reddit.
    Already subscribed! ;D Ive even submitted a few things :3