UPSB v4

Fundamental Tricks / [Tutorial]Thumbaround reverse without hitchhiker's thumb

1. akshay
    Date: Thu, Apr 11 2013 12:32:33

So i have heard many people complaining that the cannot do the TA reverse bcz they dont have the hitchhiker's thumb. I was one of them. so here is how you learn it. It is true that it is difficult to learn without the Hitchhiker. So this is how you start; Step one: try doing the TA Rev like this. first hold the pen in the position that comes after the Thumbaround but there is a catch. hold your fingers like a Thumbaround itself so that the Index and middle are side by side. now a mirror really helps. do the exact motion done by the Middle in the TA using the index. you will take time but do not give up. Step Two: once u have gotten the pen to go around the thumb learn the fingerless TA rev. it would be easy after you get the pen to go around the thumb. Step Three : once you've learned the Fingerless TA rev hold it in the position told by those guys like KTrinh Who all posses a Hitchhiker. Then do the push like in their video's with the index. One way to do this easily is to twist your hand like twising the accelerator of a bike in the clockwise direction while doing the push. Hope this helps. :D

2. LighT*
    Date: Thu, Apr 11 2013 13:30:58

akshay wrote: So i have heard many people complaining that the cannot do the TA reverse bcz they dont have the hitchhiker's thumb. I was one of them. so here is how you learn it. It is true that it is difficult to learn without the Hitchhiker. So this is how you start; Step one: try doing the TA Rev like this. first hold the pen in the position that comes after the Thumbaround but there is a catch. hold your fingers like a Thumbaround itself so that the Index and middle are side by side. now a mirror really helps. do the exact motion done by the Middle in the TA using the index. you will take time but do not give up. Step Two: once u have gotten the pen to go around the thumb learn the fingerless TA rev. it would me easy after you get the pen to go around the thumb. Step Three : once you've learned the Fingerless TA rev hold it in the position told by those guys like KTrinh Who all posses a Hitchhiker. Then do the push like in their video's with the index. One way to do this easily is to twist your hand like twising the accelerator of a bike in the clockwise direction while doing the push. Hope this helps. :D
    this is ver nice and i hope it does help other members, thank you for helping the community :D!

3. Tommy
    Date: Thu, Apr 11 2013 14:30:34

cool concept

4. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Apr 11 2013 15:29:06

I always found my hitch-hikers thumb made it harder for me to do the TA rev (the flexing makes it difficult to position because you need to keep your thumb still), but to each his own. :) Those with hitchhikers thumb need flex it out (go full hitchhiker mode) in order to get a stable thumb to go around. People with straight thumbs just keep it straight, which is much easier than a crooked one. Sometimes when my thumb gets inflamed the "hitchhiker" bending will go away, when this happens I find it is easier to do tricks because I don't have to worry about the weird hand position is usually puts me in, I can just do the trick from the normal position. Not sure where people get the idea that it makes things easier to have a very unstable hyper-flexible range of motion, I'd much prefer the consistency and rigidity of a normal thumb..

5. Cstarnes35
    Date: Thu, Apr 11 2013 16:08:08

I don't have a hitchhikers thumb but the biggest thing that helped me get it down was concentrating on moving my thumb to the right (right-handed) and scratching the barrel of the pen with my index.😀

6. JoloPSPH
    Date: Thu, Apr 11 2013 22:41:01

Can you make a lefty video on this because im a lefty spinner and i dont really know how to do a reverse TA right version is ok tho :)

7. natzki06
    Date: Thu, Apr 11 2013 23:06:45

JoloPSPH wrote: Can you make a lefty video on this because im a lefty spinner and i dont really know how to do a reverse TA right version is ok tho :)
    are you a left handed??

8. JoloPSPH
    Date: Thu, Apr 11 2013 23:50:59

when pen spinning yes but right on writing

9. akshay
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 08:01:12

Thank you guys for the support. This is my first Thread and actually im a noob who just did his first combo a week ago. PM me for any questions. Happy to Help! :D

10. akshay
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 08:14:35

Oh. I used to feel bad that i didn't have a hitch-hiker. i am the only one who doesn't have a hitch-hiker in my family. both my parents and my brother has one. Guess i was made for PSing. Sorry for you Shoeman6. Felt better, Thanks.