UPSB v4

General Discussion / World Tournament 2013 - Quarterfinals Round - Videos OUT!

1. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 16:16:53

http://worldps.org/wt13/?p=152

2. Escorpio123
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 16:26:14

Nice videos and combos :thumb:.

3. Ivabra
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 17:26:39

@Zombo

ivabra didn't you submit a lot of videos late in previous rounds lol i remember you asking me about submitting late, winning on something that can be fixed easily because of youtube is kinda lame
    You said that submitting before your awakening was still okay, and that after 6 hours we might get complains, so here's my complain ... I asked you if it was allowed to do it but I've actually never been late if being late means submitting 6 hours after the deadline. I've actually never did it and I've always made my combos easier to submit as early as possible, I bet he didn't. I was trying to be fair with him and I said I didn't want him to be penalized, and now that he's not fair with me you don't do anything? awesome.

4. Quake
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 20:48:31

What Im hoping for: Ivabra Gibki sutomo ctionist What will probably happen: Ivabra A13x F2F (last one, I have no clue) GG.

5. astronaut
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 21:23:12

Yeah, Gibki's video doesn't look good compared to A13x, Fel2fram and Ivabra are doing great this round. I also agree with Quake in that the last battle is pretty hard to judge. [B]Whoever defeats Gibki (if anyone) deserves to win the entire competition.[/B]

6. Raos
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 22:05:29

Really mazing round this one was. Really hard to decide who's going to win. Results that I hope for: Ivabra gibki sutomuo ctionist Results that are more realistic and likely: Ivabra a13x Fel2Fram Baaron Next round is going to be even more crazy.

7. Tommy
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 23:27:42

ivabra of a13x for wt winners imo. Fel2fram is out, i just feel his combos are getting weirder and wackier

8. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 00:17:00

Ivabra wrote: @Zombo You said that submitting before your awakening was still okay, and that after 6 hours we might get complains, so here's my complain ... I asked you if it was allowed to do it but I've actually never been late if being late means submitting 6 hours after the deadline. I've actually never did it and I've always made my combos easier to submit as early as possible, I bet he didn't. I was trying to be fair with him and I said I didn't want him to be penalized, and now that he's not fair with me you don't do anything? awesome.
    The rules say midnight is the deadline. I gave you some slack because it's a friendly competition so I'm not a total dick about being strict on rules. Technically you were already late. It's hypocritical to complain about lateness when you were late yourself. Well anyway, you and leftfinger can work it out yourself, I'm ok either way whatever you guys decide. My opinion is that it's ok IF Youtube is the problem because it's not possible to check before you actually upload.

9. ChainBreak
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 00:19:53

nice combos this round.

10. DArKT
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 00:49:55

Ivabra A13X Sutomo Ctionist... But Baaro's pretty strong and i like them both

11. Gisele 8
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 01:04:28

ivabra a13x sutomo ctionist (tight)

12. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 01:06:46

ivabra a13x f2f (after slow motion, f2f's combo is far crazier than sutomo's, but public opinion seems to think otherwise...) baaron

13. Pixels
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 17:41:23

ivabra a13x fel2fram- Just because all his combos are expected to be whacky doesnt make this combo less difficult than it actually is. ctionist

14. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 20:13:36

Leon

15. Obstracized
    Date: Wed, Apr 10 2013 12:24:08

Ivabra, Fel2Fram, A13X, Baaron.

16. taichi1082
    Date: Thu, Apr 11 2013 00:09:49

LPSA Judging SENT

17. Sekai
    Date: Thu, Apr 11 2013 18:27:33

Fel2fram is still insane, just because people stopped fanboying around him, doesn't mean his combos are getting worst, is still insane and i still think he should win.@_@

18. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Thu, Apr 11 2013 20:34:58

I've got to agree that Sutomo's combo was more appealing than Fel2frams' this round, but still fel2fram's combo was waaaaaaaaaaay better. I was kinda disappointed with Sutomo's low difficulty in this combo.

19. taichi1082
    Date: Thu, Apr 11 2013 20:46:14

eazi-penspinner wrote: I was kinda disappointed with Sutomo's low difficulty in this combo.
    sdflköskjölkjg

20. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 08:49:47

After slo moing fel2frams combo it's blatantly obvious that he's running out of his good ideas and is filling it in with filler. Such as after his first trick, indexaround rev 0.5 T1-23 -> Sonic 23-12, then him later doing a sonic 34-12 but with less finger movement to make it look like a new trick is rather disappointing. What's really annoying is that he covers it up with style to make it look more complicated, when in reality it's easy as hell at parts. Oh and execution problems are pretty ugly, too. Sutomo win. If F2F wins this round then fanboyism is taken to a whole new level, it's annoying seeing people say that all his combos are of the highest difficulty in penspinning EVER. Like Yaemgo saying the links in this video were still the best of penspinning ever. Fel2Fram is not an instant win in every category, stop posting on every video of his that it's unbeatable.

21. i.suk
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 08:57:22

eurocracy wrote: After slo moing fel2frams combo it's blatantly obvious that he's running out of his good ideas and is filling it in with filler. Such as after his first trick, indexaround rev 0.5 T1-23 -> Sonic 23-12, then him later doing a sonic 34-12 but with less finger movement to make it look like a new trick is rather disappointing. What's really annoying is that he covers it up with style to make it look more complicated, when in reality it's easy as hell at parts. Oh and execution problems are pretty ugly, too. Sutomo win. If F2F wins this round then fanboyism is taken to a whole new level, it's annoying seeing people say that all his combos are of the highest difficulty in penspinning EVER. Like Yaemgo saying the links in this video were still the best of penspinning ever. Fel2Fram is not an instant win in every category, stop posting on every video of his that it's unbeatable.
    ^not sure if srs

22. Yaemgo
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 08:58:44

eurocracy wrote: After slo moing fel2frams combo it's blatantly obvious that he's running out of his good ideas and is filling it in with filler. Such as after his first trick, indexaround rev 0.5 T1-23 -> Sonic 23-12, then him later doing a sonic 34-12 but with less finger movement to make it look like a new trick is rather disappointing. What's really annoying is that he covers it up with style to make it look more complicated, when in reality it's easy as hell at parts. Oh and execution problems are pretty ugly, too. Sutomo win. If F2F wins this round then fanboyism is taken to a whole new level, it's annoying seeing people say that all his combos are of the highest difficulty in penspinning EVER. Like Yaemgo saying the links in this video were still the best of penspinning ever. Fel2Fram is not an instant win in every category, stop posting on every video of his that it's unbeatable.
    Well, I can only hope you're not a judge, because it would be very sad for the penspinning world (y)

23. i.suk
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 08:59:14

Yaemgo wrote: Well, I can only hope you're not a judge x)
    please do not insult me

24. Ivabra
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 09:31:06

25. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 09:35:43

eurocracy;255684]doing a sonic 34-12 but with less finger movement to make it look like a new trick is rather disappointing. [/QUOTE] It's called [B]style[/B] [QUOTE=eurocracy wrote: What's really annoying is that he covers it up with style to make it look more complicated, when in reality it's easy as hell at parts.
    I don't know about you, you must be a penspinning god or something if that's easy for you, but still Sutomo's combo was no where near fel2fram's combo in terms of difficulty or creativity.

26. Tommy
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 09:46:22

i.suk wrote: please do not insult me
    You are god. Enough said.

27. Yamaguchi
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:00:34

at first, I didn't like f2f's combo for r4. but then, euro didn't want it too so I changed my mind. I liked it. btw, euro treats penspinning as a "LIFE".

28. sparking
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:04:44

i have to say that for the first time i actually agree with eurocracy, not in all, but in a few points first of all i do as well think that fels combo was weaker this round in terms of difficulty compared to his previous rounds. sutomos was higher compared to his previous rounds. he gets more points than fel here. sutomos execution was way better. saying that the way fel did his combo is the way his tricks have to be done is just total bullshit. fels creativity is on a different level than sutomos, but that is not enough. -> sutomo wins hell, even fel is saying that sutomo should be winning, huehuehue i dont think fel tried to cover up anything, its just his style of spinning. there was no sneaky attitude. like it or not

29. Ivabra
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 11:02:52

I honestly think both are underrated and overrated at the same time. People that say "fel's combos are impossible I understand nothing" overrate F2F, people that say "his combo is easy" underrate him. People that say "Sutomo's combo is clearly better than Fel's" are overrating him, and peple that say "Sutomo's combo is easy" underrate him. F2F's breakdown is easier than his previous one, his finish sucks and the tricks are ugly, there are offcams too, but the breakdown is still one of the hardest of this world tournament and it's still creative. It's not because it's easier than his other ones that it's actually bad. His combos is more consistent than Sutomo's but it's shorter too. Sutomo's combo is longer and is REALLY hard, you guys just think it's easy because he's against F2F but every combo is easy compared to fel's. They both deserve at least 4 in difficulty. His presentation is pretty decent and his execution is by far better than F2F's, there's no doubt about it. His combo is pretty creative too, lot of new things that you don't usually see in many combos. Moreover it's very neat and imo he's got a beautiful style. I don't know who actually deserves to win but stop with the "F2F sucks it's ugly nanana" you don't know anything about penspinning if you say so. Stop hating, judge their combo the way they deserve to be judged, I don't want you to like them but at least recognize the effort they put in their combos. Appart from that I think Ctionist should win because Baaron's execution & presentation were worse than usual but his breakdown was great. A13x is an obvious win (and stop with the "GIBKI IS SO AWESOME OLOLOL", he's good but he shouldn't be there.). My battle with Left should be a close one too and I really like his combo. Too bad his setup was different than usual

30. taichi1082
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 13:06:12

F2F sucks it's ugly nanana

31. Vstrike
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 13:14:31

taichi1082 wrote: F2F sucks it's ugly nanana
    nahhh just his spinning ^^

32. Reason
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 13:39:33

i think that f2f is going to lose a lot of points on presentation this round above all. poor lighting, off cam moments, and some of the rapid hand movements make it hard to see some of his linkages. sutomo, on the other hand, has pretty good presentation. you can see pretty much all the tricks/linkages without difficulty... i just thought i would point this out because it seems like people are focused on the difficulty of f2f's combo, while i think it is really an issue of visibility. dont get me wrong, i still think that he could have done a better job in reference to difficulty, but most points lost will probably be in presentation.

33. Yamaguchi
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 13:42:57

taichi1082 wrote: F2F sucks it's ugly nanana
    batman!

34. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 14:01:30

Yamaguchi;255698]at first, I didn't like f2f's combo for r4. but then, euro didn't want it too so I changed my mind. I liked it. btw, euro treats penspinning as a "LIFE".[/QUOTE] Lol why reply then if you're just going to post about how butthurt you are at me. [QUOTE=Ivabra wrote: I honestly think both are underrated and overrated at the same time. People that say "fel's combos are impossible I understand nothing" overrate F2F, people that say "his combo is easy" underrate him. People that say "Sutomo's combo is clearly better than Fel's" are overrating him, and peple that say "Sutomo's combo is easy" underrate him. F2F's breakdown is easier than his previous one, his finish sucks and the tricks are ugly, there are offcams too, but the breakdown is still one of the hardest of this world tournament and it's still creative. It's not because it's easier than his other ones that it's actually bad. His combos is more consistent than Sutomo's but it's shorter too. Sutomo's combo is longer and is REALLY hard, you guys just think it's easy because he's against F2F but every combo is easy compared to fel's. They both deserve at least 4 in difficulty. His presentation is pretty decent and his execution is by far better than F2F's, there's no doubt about it. His combo is pretty creative too, lot of new things that you don't usually see in many combos. Moreover it's very neat and imo he's got a beautiful style. I don't know who actually deserves to win but stop with the "F2F sucks it's ugly nanana" you don't know anything about penspinning if you say so. Stop hating, judge their combo the way they deserve to be judged, I don't want you to like them but at least recognize the effort they put in their combos. Appart from that I think Ctionist should win because Baaron's execution & presentation were worse than usual but his breakdown was great. A13x is an obvious win (and stop with the "GIBKI IS SO AWESOME OLOLOL", he's good but he shouldn't be there.). My battle with Left should be a close one too and I really like his combo. Too bad his setup was different than usual
    I slomo'd his combo 500% and had a good look at it when I posted. I'm not over or under-rating either of them, but taking a look Fel2Fram's combo is not up to spec and even he acknowledges that, and Sutomo has really pushed himself for this round. Infact my opinion should be pretty big against fanboys, because Fel2Fram is one of my favourite spinners and an idol of mine, and I don't think he's going to win. His combo is not easy compared to Fel2Fram's, not every combo is easy compared to any Fel2Fram combo, please gently remove head from anus. In this battle his combo surpasses Fel's difficulty, if you look at Fel's combo he doesn't use fingercross or flexible linkages or really dextrous or difficult tricks and his links are not as difficult to perform as his previous ones at all. Sutomo does use monstrous linkages and tricks and I'm sure nobody saw that coming from him at all. I like Fel2Fram's style, but it's not beautiful, it's somewhat smooth but it can be clunky and overexaggerative of tricks, compared to really good styles like Eriror and HAL. What I don't like is people like you who start thinking certain spinners cannot be beaten at all amd every combo they make is god-tier. That's not true for any spinner. This combo is NOT one of the hardest of the world tournament and could be knocked out in the first or second round. Yaemgo you're Fel2Frams biggest fanboy, how can I take you seriously. I could talk all day and you wouldn't listen, lol. Also guys, try this one out, make a post that disagrees or says something negative about me for free post likes! I literally have a following of people who are so butthurt at me they'll like every post that disagrees with or insults me. LOL.

35. ChainBreak
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 14:43:33

eurocracy: %&%(/§"%Butthurt§%/(§"$&%§$&USOMADBIATSCH$&%/%&(/&$(mimimi The end.

36. Dakrowl
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 14:50:25

Chill

37. Ivabra
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 14:54:17

His combo is not easy compared to Fel2Fram's, not every combo is easy compared to any Fel2Fram combo, please gently remove head from anus. In this battle his combo surpasses Fel's difficulty, if you look at Fel's combo he doesn't use fingercross or flexible linkages or really dextrous or difficult tricks and his links are not as difficult to perform as his previous ones at all. Sutomo does use monstrous linkages and tricks and I'm sure nobody saw that coming from him at all.
    I did not say Sutomo's combo is easy compared to F2F's, I only quoted what many people think. Moreover if you think Sutomo's difficulty is close to F2F's, then we need to redefine the difficulty criteria. You're kinda forcing me to do what I don't wanna do but I don't see any other solution, I'm gonna tell you which parts of Sutomo's combo are interesting. => 5 first seconds are great => from 5 sec (after the FL ta rev) to 10 sec nothing really special, I mean that's still good but that's considered as easy tricks compared to what F2F does in his combos. Right afterwards there's a mistake at 10 sec => From 10 to 12 sec, that trick with the pinkybackrev thing looks good and it adds some creativity. => From 12 to 14 (before the punkan) => pass > twisted sonic > easy wiper ==> easy tricks but that's okay since he's preparing for a big trick right after this part => From 15 to 17 ==> that's the hardest part of the combo, but there's a loss of control after the armaround thing. => From 16 to 18 ==> Useless easy tricks => The finisher is cool, I had never seen it before and I think it also adds a few points in creativity. Overall the combo is hard, many hard parts but there are at least 8 seconds which are by far easier than what F2F does. I'm not gonna do the same thing for F2F's combos, every trick is hard there's no doubt about it. I can't compare the difficulty of this combo with the difficulty of his previous ones but it's obviously more consistent than Sutomo's.
    I like Fel2Fram's style, but it's not beautiful, it's somewhat smooth but it can be clunky and overexaggerative of tricks, compared to really good styles like Eriror and HAL.
    I respect your opinion but then it depends on everyone's taste. Obviously F2F's combos has offcams and isn't very neat, Sutomo's setup is better but his hand is a bit far from the camera but overall it's pretty neat. Again some judges could find his combo beautiful and others could find it ugly as hell, it's up to everyone
    What I don't like is people like you who start thinking certain spinners cannot be beaten at all amd every combo they make is god-tier. That's not true for any spinner. This combo is NOT one of the hardest of the world tournament and could be knocked out in the first or second round.
    Okay let's make it clear. I passed the first round. DO you really think his combo is worse than mine? My combo shouldn't even be compared to F2F's, my tricks are easier by far and he's like 500 times better than me... So dat sentence is complete bullshit, you need to learn more about penspinning man, stop saying stupid things.
    Yaemgo you're Fel2Frams biggest fanboy, how can I take you seriously. I could talk all day and you wouldn't listen, lol.
    I agree with the fact that Yaemgo is trying to defend Fel's case and that's normal since they're from the same country. It's his complete right to defend him and it's also your right to criticize his combo but you're just disrespectful, you're not doing it the right way. Moreover every post I read from you got some really weird explanations, I'm really starting thinking you're not skilled enough to judge such leveled combos. Of course you don't need to be a top 10 spinner to judge WT combos but saying F2F's combo isn't that special while he's doing 10 seconds of only new tricks, that's just not serious.

38. swike
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 15:31:56

f2f wc12>f2f wt13

39. coffeelucky
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 15:44:05

THPSC judging sent

40. Walkaz
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 15:58:58

imo understand every aspect of the combo =/= being fair sometimes even if you can literally see everything that is going on in the combo, you make assumptions and underrate/overrate a combo a pretty good example would me my case in watching pixels' combos I can literally see what he does w/o the help of slomo, and therefore made assumptions that they are easy, only to find out that they are wicked hard when i try it out *letshopepixelsdontseethispost*

41. Walkaz
    Date: Fri, Apr 12 2013 15:59:34

please delete this post,my laggy internet caused the double post T.T

42. [TGN]
    Date: Sat, Apr 13 2013 01:26:31

Walkaz wrote: imo understand every aspect of the combo =/= being fair sometimes even if you can literally see everything that is going on in the combo, you make assumptions and underrate/overrate a combo a pretty good example would me my case in watching pixels' combos I can literally see what he does w/o the help of slomo, and therefore made assumptions that they are easy, only to find out that they are wicked hard when i try it out *letshopepixelsdontseethispost*
    @Pixels To each his own opinion.

43. Freeman
    Date: Sat, Apr 13 2013 10:09:59

Fel2Fram is at other level of thinking in creativity terms now, that is hard to appreciate and understand what's happening there. It's not easy to see or to consider its difficulty. On the other hand, sutomo did a great combo this round.

44. fel2fram
    Date: Sat, Apr 13 2013 12:47:07

thanks freeman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkvMbVqiYW4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8TGw_oKwDs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5LcbJgdSzw I don't mind if I lose but seriously, my combo IS original =)

45. Reason
    Date: Sat, Apr 13 2013 13:03:52

@fel2fram no argument there. you are definitely the most creative/original spinner in this tournament :D

46. fel2fram
    Date: Sat, Apr 13 2013 13:15:12

Reason wrote: @fel2fram no argument there.
    Thanks, but the sad reality is that reality is sad :)

47. Reason
    Date: Sat, Apr 13 2013 14:23:45

fel2fram wrote: Thanks, but the sad reality is that reality is sad :)
    thats just sad... and redundant.

48. sparking
    Date: Sat, Apr 13 2013 14:40:52

perfect execution alone isn't enough to win outstanding difficulty alone isn't enough to win same goes for creativity. creativity alone isn't enough to win a battle. you definitely lacked execution this round and your difficulty wasn't high enough to keep your creativity advantage

49. Walkaz
    Date: Sat, Apr 13 2013 15:06:43

vpc judging sent

50. EffecT
    Date: Sat, Apr 13 2013 17:08:00

Results that I hope for: Ivabra Gibki sutomo ctionist as a matter of fact, these will happen: Ivabra a13x Fel2Fram Baaron [B]next round will explode my mind.[/B]

51. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Apr 13 2013 17:19:53

fel2fram wrote: thanks freeman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkvMbVqiYW4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8TGw_oKwDs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5LcbJgdSzw I don't mind if I lose but seriously, my combo IS original =)
    I had no doubts about your creativity and your originality, I don't think anyone did. Just you need to become more balanced in every category, like Supawit did. You're actually still one of my favourite spinners and an idol of mine, but for example freeman is one of my idols but with his spinning technique of full creativity and originality he can't really advance in a tournament.

52. Nashi
    Date: Sat, Apr 13 2013 18:17:58

GPC judging send.

53. Gland
    Date: Sat, Apr 13 2013 19:07:00

IPSB's sent

54. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Apr 13 2013 22:40:03

received gpc ipsb hkpsa vnpsc jeb twps thpsc spsc ppp bpsc brpsb lpsa rest is missing

55. bio8
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 09:08:49

spsb sent

56. ChainBreak
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 09:23:18

webspider liked my post: gg no re noobs

57. Gibki
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 10:37:30

@fel2fram IMO it's not fair you added additional videos. (yes, I've seen the description box on youtube) It's great you shared your ideas and explained all the tricks, but you could just wait for few days and do it after results were revealed..

58. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 11:26:37

Gibki wrote: @fel2fram IMO it's not fair you added additional videos. (yes, I've seen the description box on youtube) It's great you shared your ideas and explained all the tricks, but you could just wait for few days and do it after results were revealed..
    Really? If anything showing others what he actually did might be detrimental to his scores, because then judges might believe it's not all that hard or creative as they originally believed. I understand your (probable) point of view, but there's always a different side to it.

59. Chobi
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 12:36:55

pretty crazy round

60. Gibki
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 12:45:56

Erirornal Kraione wrote: because then judges might believe it's not all that hard or creative as they originally believed
    Not sure about it, because actually the initial combo was perceived by people as ugly and lacking of execution (and received many dislikes). Uploading additional videos looks like attempt to persuade that the combo is not really as bad as people think it is (It may be not. I'm just saying how it looks like) I agree, it depends... But in general everyone has one video to convince the judges to vote for them.

61. Mystic
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 12:49:47

Everyone fights for the vote on this thread anyway, so whats the difference? Its basically the same thing as adding a slo-mo to his original combo as well.

62. i.suk
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 12:49:51

Gibki wrote: Not sure about it, because actually the initial combo was perceived by people as ugly and lacking of execution (and received many dislikes)
    it was also (incorrectly) perceived as being made up of repeated material and containing little new material f2f's explanation sought to fix this misconception his actions technically do not affect appeal or execution (but the videos would allow a better idea of creativity and difficulty imo, because it allows people to appreciate the breakdown) --> net effect is that perceptions of f2f's combo is improved in accuracy