UPSB v4

Battlezone / Spazmok vs fang

1. fang
    Date: Mon, Apr 1 2013 19:39:41

@Spazmok : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=glx2CwK3jYU [video=youtube;glx2CwK3jYU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=glx2CwK3jYU[/video] fang: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVO4x_u6tkY&feature=youtu.be [video=youtube;uVO4x_u6tkY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVO4x_u6tkY&feature=youtu.be[/video] Thanks for this battle Spazmok, you really did your best. I made a combo with my left hand due circumstances with my right hand, so spinning with that hand doesn't feel good. Please remind everybody, this is a spinless battle, pick a combo based on that. Please give feedback when voting!

2. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Apr 1 2013 19:47:39

Too much spinning in fangs, voted for spazmok, the lighting effect was nice, but the aesthetics of some of the tricks was sketchy. Next time think more in terms of isolations or patterns in wrist movements. :)

3. RPD
    Date: Mon, Apr 1 2013 21:20:05

same for me. In a normal battle i would have voted fang...

4. fang
    Date: Mon, Apr 1 2013 21:21:17

shoeman6;254506]Too much spinning in fangs, voted for spazmok, the lighting effect was nice, but the aesthetics of some of the tricks was sketchy. Next time think more in terms of isolations or patterns in wrist movements. :)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=RPD wrote: same for me. In a normal battle i would have voted fang...
    I am unable to do more spinless tricks with left. My right hand hurt like hell when spinning at the moment. But anything more feedback on improvement in the spinning itself?

5. IAmTheMrGuy
    Date: Mon, Apr 1 2013 21:24:39

I greatly disliked Spazmok's style in this, but technically Fang did not perform a spinless combo. Spazmok wins by default, I believe.

6. Solar
    Date: Tue, Apr 2 2013 02:41:21

+1 fang, i dont care 'bout the spinless, haha

7. Xitra
    Date: Tue, Apr 2 2013 08:45:13

Spinless.. so... spazmok :O It's quite hard to make a spinless combo though

8. Yamaguchi
    Date: Tue, Apr 2 2013 17:07:48

OK WTF DID I JUST WATCH

9. Pixels
    Date: Tue, Apr 2 2013 17:09:09

Just FYI, when people meant by a spinless combo, i doubt they mean a purely spinless one. Most have some spinning in that as a transition from different spinless tricks, to make the combo more complete. +1 fang, it is simple but i like the flow, i know you can do so much better with both your hand :3 I didnt like spazmok's combo as it was more of a hand performance rather than a spinless combo. but i gotta acknowledge it looks pretty nice.

10. fang
    Date: Tue, Apr 2 2013 17:11:35

Pixels wrote: Just FYI, when people meant by a spinless combo, i doubt they mean a purely spinless one. Most have some spinning in that as a transition from different spinless tricks, to make the combo more complete. +1 fang, it is simple but i like the flow, i know you can do so much better with both your hand :3 I didnt like spazmok's combo as it was more of a hand performance rather than a spinless combo. but i gotta acknowledge it looks pretty nice.
    My right hand hurt way to much to spin with that day. That's why I got a lefty combo!

11. Spazmok
    Date: Tue, Apr 2 2013 18:36:16

i think i should explain what i was thinking or explain the combo... so lets start I. [11 Minutes Ago 08:05 PM] Tigres : just a copy of baimai's shadow combo answer: yes, first i didnt want to copy it but the original combo was to short and i needed something that looked more or less like a bird and the shadow? ehm... somehow got the idea during shower. II. 15 Minutes Ago 08:05 PM] sopi : in my eyes it's not a good spinless combo less creativity and repetitive movements answer: yup i needed to fill the combo cuz i was out of idea III. the aesthetics of some of the tricks was sketchy answer: ok will try next time IV. OK WTF DID I JUST WATCH answer: im happy that you are pissed :D V. it was more of a hand performance rather than a spinless combo answer: yup i had no idea what a spinless combo is but i liked freeman's idea to consider the video ( combo) as a story so this was suposed to copy freeman not baimai :( now to the combo/ battle: 1) it was supossed to be a story of a bird's life 2)fang:I am unable to do more spinless tricks with left. My right hand hurt like hell when spinning at the moment. respect that you still made a vid 3)i dont think there are strict rules how a combo should look like 4) i had my fun :) and i hope i didnt piss fang with the combo cuz he is the 1 i was battling 5)sly and orange ftw!

12. Enkronidus
    Date: Tue, Apr 2 2013 19:37:29

I find this current battle result to be very ironic since technically you can almost say that Spazmok should have won by default ._,; but well yoloamirite Big respect to fang, though. True sportmanship. :)

13. fang
    Date: Tue, Apr 2 2013 20:09:59

Spazmok wrote: 4) i had my fun :) and i hope i didnt piss fang with the combo cuz he is the 1 i was battling
    I had also much fun! I have to say that your combo is more interesting when I read the part of the story. It was a good combo!

14. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Apr 2 2013 20:20:36

fangs was far better implemented, spazmok gets a literal 0 for difficulty. Fang's spinless didn't include holding the pen and hand waving, it actually flowed into the combo a lot better.

15. Enkronidus
    Date: Wed, Apr 3 2013 00:40:24

I'm particularly interested in this battle actually Now that I have looked up to the WC judging criteria, it would seem that this might actually be a pretty close match. [?] The thing is that fang only has a few spinless contents in his combo, while Spazmok completely adapts but some of his things like difficulty are bad. I kinda feel weird to observe the point that, for instance, let's give that the theme is two-handed and a contender uses lots of power sequences in his combo and execution is well made with only a single element[duration is about a few seconds] which follows the theme, and give the other contender that he does follow the theme entirely but the execution and presentation might look irrirated to someone and difficulty is near average. It would seem that the first contender is likely to be the winner There is one weak point is that the grading of theme is low that sometimes you can win without even following the theme at all Correct me if I'm wrong at some aspects. If that is how the judging system works then this is supposely how it supposes to be, or that using world-class system to judge general battles might cause controvertible matters? =/

16. Yamaguchi
    Date: Wed, Apr 3 2013 02:34:32

Like this post if you look for comments, but didnt read them all because they're effing long. #SWAG

17. DioBrando
    Date: Wed, Apr 3 2013 08:08:42

yes, fang +1

18. Tommy
    Date: Wed, Apr 3 2013 09:25:44

+1 fang desu

19. Spazmok
    Date: Wed, Apr 3 2013 14:50:48

well no matter how the result will be i enjoyed this cuz ppl said their opinions and feelings.. (my last battle was more like if they voted like a ghost.. no feedback -.-) to enkrodius: my combos difficulity is 0, but if you mean difficulity as execution then the execution is bad except the middle( normaly it would be bad, but a newborn or small bird can never be perfect and has to try hard to do something)