UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hey There

1. Skaunders
    Date: Thu, Mar 28 2013 06:02:35

I go by Skaunders, modification of my last name for those who ask. I'm a 19-year-old college student at the University of Cincinnati majoring in Accounting and I work as a janitor with Scarlett & Grey Cleaning Services. My main hobby is balisong manipulation. I own a Bradley Kimura VI, 2 Benchmade 51's, a DDR Holy Moley (handmade custom, full titanium handles), and soon I'll have a BladeRunners Systems Alpha Beast. I'm a regular member of the Arena which is a forum much like this but for balisong and is competition based. I'm also a martial artist. I hold a fourth degree black belt in Okinawan Karate and a second degree black belt in American Taekwondo. I've been doing ever since I was 5 which makes 14 years to date. Pen spinning was an off topic thread in the Arena that I found and I thought it was rather interesting and is strikingly similar, not to mention more widely legal. I thought since its so close to being the same thing I might as well give it a shot to substitute balisong flipping while at work. I watched a few videos, did some digging, and found this place. Hopefully I can contribute to the community and learn a thing or two about manipulation in general. If there's anything else you'd like to know; feel free to ask, I'm an open book.

2. LighT*
    Date: Thu, Mar 28 2013 07:02:09

Wow arent you an interesting charecter :D! (in a good way.). Im raiz, WELCOME TO UPSB! If you have any questions about penspinning on any topic at anytime please ask me (preferably by PM) and ill get back to you asap! Please dont hesitate to ask anything, its what im here for ^^! I hope you enjoy your time penspinning and at UPSB!

3. Tommy
    Date: Thu, Mar 28 2013 07:13:55

@Raiz, you should really earn a kammy, best introductions

4. Quake
    Date: Thu, Mar 28 2013 07:21:13

Welcome to the Board Skaunders.~ Hope to see you around! :)

5. fang
    Date: Thu, Mar 28 2013 10:17:15

Welcome on the board, feel free to ask questions here. ^_^ Great results on Martial arts, in combination with that balisong manipulation... it makes you deadly... :lol:

6. LighT*
    Date: Thu, Mar 28 2013 14:59:10

Tommy wrote: @Raiz, you should really earn a kammy, best introductions
    wow thank you ^^! i guess i could be in the kammy's 2013. however, i dont know if that will happen XD

7. Giotto
    Date: Thu, Mar 28 2013 23:56:27

:welcome: to upsb. we got a combative group http://forum.upsb.info/group.php?groupid=120 but it's totally dead..if you'd like to join..maybe we could pick it up again..

8. Shiftyei
    Date: Sat, Mar 30 2013 14:24:32

Heya, welcome to the board =)

9. Mats
    Date: Sat, Mar 30 2013 19:10:54

Tommy wrote: @Raiz, you should really earn a kammy, best introductions
    His posts are almost a copy + paste of his other intro thread replies. :lol: Welcome to the board Skaunders. : )

10. LighT*
    Date: Sat, Mar 30 2013 19:46:05

Mats wrote: His posts are almost a copy + paste of his other intro thread replies. :lol: Welcome to the board Skaunders. : )
    well, i dont copy and paste them :P. I dont see any other way to greet newbies. And its really fun introducing them like that because i like to be really friendly ^^.

11. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Apr 2 2013 16:27:17

A bit late but welcome to UPSB. I've heard from people who do balisong that pen spinning can be a tough adjustment because of how similar (but different!) the momentum is compared to it. Let me know if you have any questions.