UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hey, I'm new to penspinning!

1. Riley
    Date: Mon, Aug 23 2010 23:00:18

Hey guys. I'm new to penspinning. I started penspinning during my whole school year, not even knowing it was actually called penspinning. I just thought spinning the pen around seemed cool. All I did was what I though was a thumbaround. When I thought I had mastered it, I searched "penspinning" on Youtube, and found out I had been doing it wrong all along. I had pushing the pen with my index finger instead of pushing it with my middle finger. So I practiced doing it the right way for about a week, and eventually I got the hang of it. I also found out about mods, and since I've been using a regular pencil/pen, when I built my Bictory, it seemed really smooth and awesome. :D. And that's my short penspinning story. Currently I can do the thumbaround and figure 8. I'm working on getting my fingerpass smooth, shadow, and all the sonics. I also use a Bictory. School's starting soon so I'll have plenty of time to practice. :P -Riley

2. walrus
    Date: Mon, Aug 23 2010 23:44:06

:welcome: to UPSB

3. CrackerJack
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 00:25:06

welcome to the board of pen spinning :D

4. RdHg
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 00:34:40

welcome and hope UPSB helps you

5. Ice Cobra
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 03:26:43

welcome :] you sound exactly where i was when school started last year! you will have plenty of time to spin there ;D ^_^

6. moogoogaipan
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 04:04:08

:welcome: You'll find that using the index finger for Thumbaround will be very useful for combos - but keep using the middle finger push until you master the trick. Make sure to learn the fundamentals (Thumbaround, Charge, Sonic, Pass and their reverses) before trying Shadow.

7. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 05:00:21

Welcome ^^

8. Riley
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 21:52:06

Thanks for the tips Moogoogaipan. I'm building a RSVP MX now.