UPSB v4

Off-topic / Any mental/physical disorders?

1. Shiftyei
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 03:39:57

Hey, anyone have mental/physical disorders + tell about them? I'll go first and I'll tell you about some of the more bizzare-ish ones I have. Most of them were when I was a kid. (I have a few more, by the way) -ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder) In short, I was a total turd of a kid; I'd annoy simply to annoy and be genuinely infuriated for small things such as a person telling me 'No'. That was the short version, I was outrageously mean to people and if something bothered me I would have an irrational urge to cause chaos. -PLMD (Periodic Limb Movement Disorder) Whenever I went asleep, I used to kick and scream/talk/use my vocal cords, or randomly thrust an arm into a wall or something. I also slept in my parents bed until they gave me Melatonin, which was a nice way to fall asleep. -OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) I have (and still do) an irrational love for placing things in threes or a number divisible by three. (I own three pairs of shoes, three jackets and bring three pens to school, etc). I also had an urge for surety, ergo asking questions multiple times to get the same answer, doing a math problem a few times before I'm comfortable with it. -Trichotillomainia (I don't even know how to spell it...) It's pretty much where you pull your hair out, with nails/tweezers/something else. I usually use my nails, which are sort of long-ish of course. It was almost like an itch and it felt satisfiying when I pulled the hair I wanted to. I also knotted my hair and ran my fingernails through it. There were certain spots on my head that I perfered to pick at, behind the ear, the very top of my head, the left side of my forehead- and in most of middle school I had bald spots on my head. Kind of bizzare. Right now, I have a full head of hair and am mainly pulling my eyebrows. I usually pulled when angered, anxious or bored. PS is a great substitute for it at school. I can give you guys pictures of my eyebrows if you want, weird as it is >_> -SBAD/SBMD (Sensory Based Anxiety Disorder/ Sensory Based Motor Disorder) So, in middle school, I often left class a good two or three minutes early to escape the crowded hallways. (Teachers allowed it because I talked to them beforehand and have a 504 and such). I have pretty good senses (Mostly hearing, taste and touch). When I was in a crowd, people bumping into me, everybody talking at once, it made me fearful of time (We had four minutes to get to class- it's easy to get to). It's almost scary how crowds are in the hallways, you had to get out of your class, multitask by holding your stuff and not running into people and manage the time. Anyway, that was my fear of crowds. My motor based sensory thing was that I had terrible depth perception, my limbs sometimes wouldn't respond the way they should such as kicking out way too far and such and I'd loose balance quite often. So, any mental/physical disorders + your experiences? Just curious.

2. King
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 03:59:03

ODD just sounds like being a brat...

3. Shiftyei
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 04:04:52

It pretty much is, but being a brat to the extreme, like going out of your way to ruin someone's day. I remember once my mother didn't let me buy a toy sword and I flipped out for two hours. (We were at the mall with relatives for some reason and I was six or seven or eight.)

4. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 04:26:37

I don't think I have any mental disorders but I had RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) when I was younger. But my RLS was different from pain or itch or whatever the usual symptoms are. I usually wake up in like the middle of the night or early morning and I kept getting this weird pressurized feeling. I had to keep moving my legs/arms/body because I felt as if my blankets were gonna crush me, even though it's only like 1 sheet LOL. But yeah, that was when I was about 10 years old. I sleep fine now.

5. Demetrius
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 04:44:01

My mother says I have OCD to my room because I am always keeping it nice and tidy, vaccuming, picking up, etc.

6. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 05:40:05

Not sure if this post is related but yeah. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=11001&

7. Tommy
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 06:16:50

I don't really like the idea of this thread.

8. Twine
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 07:05:37

I feel like all you're doing is labeling every little 'bad' thing you have experienced or do as a disorder. ODD: You were a brat and know you acknowledge that. That's all there is to it. Just a personality trait at the time. PLMC: Sounds like hypnogogic jerks to me be I could be wrong idk. Most people tend to exaggerate things on the internet anyway OCD: Everyone has this to an extent. Trichotillomaini: I believe you on this one though. I have a friend liek that. SBAD: Most people feel anxious and like thay're gonna lose the plot in an extremely crowded environment.

9. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 07:51:46

does tfw no gf count?

10. Walkaz
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 09:59:42

im suffering from EAS or Excess Awesomeness Syndrome

11. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 15:01:35

Hughes (Sticky Blood) and Marfan Syndrome. Hughes gives me occassional TIAs and Marfan makes my joints a total bitch. No medication needed sofar though, mostly because Hughes cannot have warfarin prescribed until after a stroke and my heart and lungs are currently alright, so I guess I'm on the lucky marfan end. I may need my psyche evaluating, my memories and imagination are so vivid that if recalled they can manifest as powerful as reality. So when alone and not concentrating on repressing it, I can be seen talking to myself, acting past events and events that have never happened. It's a little scary.

Twine wrote: I feel like all you're doing is labeling every little 'bad' thing you have experienced or do as a disorder. ODD: You were a brat and know you acknowledge that. That's all there is to it. Just a personality trait at the time. PLMC: Sounds like hypnogogic jerks to me be I could be wrong idk. Most people tend to exaggerate things on the internet anyway OCD: Everyone has this to an extent. Trichotillomaini: I believe you on this one though. I have a friend liek that. SBAD: Most people feel anxious and like thay're gonna lose the plot in an extremely crowded environment.
    People do not have OCD to a certain extent. OCD is not a joke, when it's diagnosed it's extremely serious and life impacting. Never attempt to self diagnose mental disorders. Extreme fear of crowds is not normal when a person has to leave to avoid the hallway rush. Likewise, never claim mental health problems shpuod be ignored and are 'normal'

12. IAmTheMrGuy
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 18:36:49

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_disorder_not_otherwise_specified

13. Cstarnes35
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 19:16:04

I have chronic migraines and would have to leave school or get out of class 1 or two times a week all through elementary and middle school, now I only get super bad ones about once a month or so

14. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 20:03:18

I have paranoia that things will happen even though they have little chance of happening (e.g. ride in a car and I fear that the car door will give way and I'll fall out) and I feel anxious over the weirdest shit (e.g. the screen saver that is default on the Apple TV's made me feel like I was going to lose my mind) I have OCD over symmetry and balance (e.g. when I solve the Rubik's cube and then proceed to mix it up I feel compelled to undo the moves and keep the cube solved, or I feel compelled to solve the cube if it isn't already solved; if I click a pen I feel compelled to click it again to retract the ink; spelling errors; when I write Korean and the symbols don't look even or right I feel compelled to erase the character and rewrite it, same with English) Eventually if the problem seems too troublesome to handle I'll just say fuck it and leave it alone, although sometimes I will go to great extents over small things I learn stuff too fast, but I don't know if that has anything to do with this

15. King
    Date: Thu, Mar 28 2013 04:33:32

Asthma. At least twice a year I almost die due to a misplaced inhaler. Pisses me off to no end. "Yeah you'll grow out of it by 6th grade!" "Most peoples' asthma fades after the age of 13" Fuck that.

16. nateiskewl
    Date: Fri, Mar 29 2013 02:54:48

Cstarnes35 wrote: I have chronic migraines and would have to leave school or get out of class 1 or two times a week all through elementary and middle school, now I only get super bad ones about once a month or so
    I had really bad migraines about once a month from eighth grade through my sophomore year of high school--fuzzy vision, then nausea, then vomiting, then extreme pain. I'm not really sure what caused them, but around 80% of the time they came after heavy exercise. I started focusing on breathing deeply and drinking enough water and that seemed to help. I'd recommend asking your doctor if you can get a prescription for Midrin. That shit worked really well for me if I took it within like twenty minutes of my vision going fuzzy. As long as I didn't throw it back up, it made my recovery time significantly shorter.

17. Clyde
    Date: Fri, Mar 29 2013 03:00:55

narcissist here and possible adhd

18. Wobster
    Date: Fri, Mar 29 2013 03:41:49

I have OCD which is why I'm so good at doing continuous tricks. :trollface:

19. Twine
    Date: Sun, Mar 31 2013 07:48:01

eurocracy wrote: Hughes (Sticky Blood) and Marfan Syndrome. Hughes gives me occassional TIAs and Marfan makes my joints a total bitch. No medication needed sofar though, mostly because Hughes cannot have warfarin prescribed until after a stroke and my heart and lungs are currently alright, so I guess I'm on the lucky marfan end. I may need my psyche evaluating, my memories and imagination are so vivid that if recalled they can manifest as powerful as reality. So when alone and not concentrating on repressing it, I can be seen talking to myself, acting past events and events that have never happened. It's a little scary. People do not have OCD to a certain extent. OCD is not a joke, when it's diagnosed it's extremely serious and life impacting. Never attempt to self diagnose mental disorders. Extreme fear of crowds is not normal when a person has to leave to avoid the hallway rush. Likewise, never claim mental health problems shpuod be ignored and are 'normal'
    What he described was not OCD and certainly not life changing. Literally almost everyone has those tendencies. Also, please show me where I was attempting to promote self diagnosis. The whole point of my post was to say that's it's stupid to self diagnose over such small things. Also he didn't say he had an extreme fear of crowds. He said he was fearful of his time basically, not the crowd it's self. It's like you misunderstood everything I was saying...

20. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Apr 7 2013 23:19:33

Twine wrote: What he described was not OCD and certainly not life changing. Literally almost everyone has those tendencies. Also, please show me where I was attempting to promote self diagnosis. The whole point of my post was to say that's it's stupid to self diagnose over such small things. Also he didn't say he had an extreme fear of crowds. He said he was fearful of his time basically, not the crowd it's self. It's like you misunderstood everything I was saying...
    The OCD statement was first directed at you by saying we all have it to a certain extent (we don't, by the way, which was my point), then the OP for self-diagnosing this. I thought the crowd one sounded pretty serious, time maybe, but I don't know if that's the only contributing factor. However you were more so ruling out what he said as normal etc, if he can't self-diagnose, you cannot really rule everything out, as you're not a pysch either. You can only really tell someone to go for tests in these cases.

21. ChainBreak
    Date: Sun, Apr 7 2013 23:31:54

I am a bit weak to heat, collapsed twice because of it, but it's not really a major thing.

22. Tommy
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 00:14:29

yes. I have an addiction to penspinning, that is my mental/physical disorder.

23. Enkronidus
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 04:46:29

I think I mentioned on the other thread that I have OCD - Uncontrollable irrational offensive/violent thoughts towards things [This one feels very painful and annoying =/] - Repeated action [Eg. Closing bottle of water, locking the door and many more very random things that I feel ashamed to mention about] - Symmetry and balance - Obsession with number and order [Most of the time has something to do with 3 and 7 or variations of these 2 numbers]

24. Twine
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 04:35:11

eurocracy wrote: THowever you were more so ruling out what he said as normal etc, if he can't self-diagnose, you cannot really rule everything out, as you're not a pysch either. You can only really tell someone to go for tests in these cases.
    This is true.

25. Tommy
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 04:38:47

ChainBreak wrote: I am a bit weak to heat, collapsed twice because of it, but it's not really a major thing.
    I've always wondered, what's it like to collapse if you don't mine me asking

26. ChainBreak
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 20:14:19

Tommy wrote: I've always wondered, what's it like to collapse if you don't mine me asking
    You dont really notice at first, but then it just black. Like all senses suddenly stop working and then it's like sleeping. Like you see often in movies there's this little moment before you are out and then your senses rapidly get duller untill there's nothing you can perceive.

27. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 22:16:53

I passed out once, at first I felt like things around me where normal, with sounds and people moving around and stuff, then the image I was seeing started to shift to a brighter color and shrinking and skewing upwards out of my vision. Then things were black. Then I opened my eyes, not realizing I passed out

28. Demotaiz
    Date: Sat, May 18 2013 14:03:32

I tool a online personality disorder test...either those are very inaccurate or I am pretty messed up.

29. Fuse
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 13:15:03

Rosenquarts wrote: -OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) I have (and still do) an irrational love for placing things in threes or a number divisible by three. (I own three pairs of shoes, three jackets and bring three pens to school, etc). I also had an urge for surety, ergo asking questions multiple times to get the same answer, doing a math problem a few times before I'm comfortable with it.
    Wow, I do the three thing too. I haven't been diagnosed for anything though.

30. BozoHimSelf
    Date: Thu, May 30 2013 19:24:16

Damn.. You beat me to it, by like two months xD