UPSB v4

General Discussion / Top Ten Pen Spinners

1. Mats
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 11:56:24

Who were the top ten technical pen spinners ever? I'm defining technical in this thread as high difficult, solid execution and/or creativity. The ten don't have to be the top 10 most skilled ever. Some of the top ten could be people that were just very far ahead of everyone else at some time or another, but who may not be at the very top now, or maybe don't even spin anymore. So, who are the top ten technical spinners, ever? :hmm:

2. Xitra
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 12:09:17

I am quite sure one of them is spinnerpeem! :D Fel2fram..SO HARD to decide XD Errr... and Bonkura, I think Eriror was recognized as a "Best spinner"? @_@ a13x, Menowa*????(quite sure he is really good O_o), Nory....Kam...

3. Walkaz
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 12:29:44

kam nhk fel bonkura fire@fox mesi peem supawit s777 fratelymn just my opinion

4. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 13:01:18

A13x, supawit, vicgotgame, sunrise, bonkura, snow Fill in the rest with your imagination.

5. Obstracized
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 13:13:03

1. Supawit127 2. SpinnerPeem 3. VicGotGame 4. S777 5. Fel2Fram 6. Bonkura 7. A13X 8. i.Suk 9. Menowa 10. Ctionist

6. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 13:54:22

spinnerpeem, supawit, fel2fram, menowa, s777 (recent) acid dna, hunlanlin, nory, nagi, sunrise hmm, sunrise pencil ts 15.5 in 2006 is still the most impressive technical feat/trick in PS history, no one has come remotely close in the past 7 years or so

7. Voracity
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 13:57:58

Menowa, Vic, Ivabra, Supawit, Peem, I.suk, f2f, littleboy. Imo.

8. taichi1082
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 14:40:30

Hm, thats a good question. In terms of ahead of their time, i.suk already named a few very important spinners: Spinnerpeem and Supawit, as they pioneered their own genre and their own set of tricks. It's difficult to distinguish between them, as they've both done amazing combos in their respective time. I also think Acid DNA is important to name in this context. His bust-release combo in AyySoLo 1st (no longer on yt?) was mindblowing at that time, no one knew that you could control busts like that. Finally, I regard A13X as the currently best penspinner in this particular filed, as he just pushes limits everywhere. S777 and fel2fram are 2 spinner which I'd consider best in terms of absolute creativity, which is not necessarily bound to already established trick concepts. They are often heavily influenced by bonkura, who was also famous for this trait, though overrated due to his personal story. Pyralux is also noteworthy, but while his tricks were creative, they were not particularly difficult or technical. Finally, I think the absolute best technical penspinners in terms of difficulty, creativity and execution combined are toro Nikoo Mesi Difficulty and creativity (also originality but rarely detached from conventional spinning concepts) never at the expense of execution and style.

9. RPD
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 14:44:47

My opinion + most people opinion + if they were far ahead of everyone else at some time 1.- s777 2.- fel2fram 3.- peem 4.- supawit 5.- fire@fox 6.- bonkura 7.- fratleym 8.- sunrise 9.- leftfinger 10.- any other powertricker [QUOTE=i.suk]sunrise pencil ts 15.5 in 2006 is still the most impressive technical feat/trick in PS history, no one has come remotely close in the past 7 years or so [/QUOTE] i totally forgot sunrise. that trick was awesome

10. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 15:54:55

I think the reason no one has ever come close or beaten sunrise in the past few years is because we no longer spin "pencils" on a regular basis, We've traded speed for control and weight. Lighter mods or pens spin much faster with less effort, I think some people may be able to thumb spin for the same amount of time, but not nearly so many revolutions. Forgot about fratelym, David Weis, and Hideaki Kondoh.

11. Soren
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 16:01:04

i.suk wrote: spinnerpeem, supawit, fel2fram, menowa, s777 (recent) acid dna, hunlanlin, nory, nagi, sunrise hmm, sunrise pencil ts 15.5 in 2006 is still the most impressive technical feat/trick in PS history, no one has come remotely close in the past 7 years or so
    You forgot to include yourself.

12. Mats
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 16:01:17

shoeman6 wrote: I think the reason no one has ever come close or beaten sunrise in the past few years is because we no longer spin "pencils" on a regular basis
    I actually practice Thumbspin the most out of everything and spin pencils. I have no idea how he got 15.5 rotations. I have fluked up to 7.0 now (best ever) and that's not even halfway! The reason is, not that people don't spin pencils, but - It's just too damn hard.:'( Going slightly OT here, but has anyone tried those pencils he did with? The Mitsubishi pencil? Or something like that. Are they particularly long/heavy or something? :? Man that 15.5 is just impossible. lol

13. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 16:17:07

No, they're normal pencils, if a little shorter than normal ones. Regardless, it's interesting to see how pen spinning has evolved past the point of doing the most thumbspins or ta's in a row with the help of a few influential pen spinners.

14. Mats
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 16:34:45

shoeman6 wrote: No, they're normal pencils, if a little shorter than normal ones. Regardless, it's interesting to see how pen spinning has evolved past the point of doing the most thumbspins or ta's in a row with the help of a few influential pen spinners.
    Has it really 'evolved past'? What's the difference between Sunrise's TS and people like a13x and i.suk doing huge amounts of cont. tricks? Or for example, i.suk's recent Indexspin 8.0? :hmm:

15. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 16:51:17

We've gotten to a point where the skill level is such that its almost trivial how many you can do. Now that spinners can literally do hundreds of cont. power tricks without dropping, and probably more, it's gotten to the point where it isn't as impressive on its own. Cont. tricks in general should be set apart from top spin amounts, because they're about consistency, we care about this because it shows you can do a difficult trick at will. I don't find an x200 flta an more impressive than an x20 flta (personally), because having mastered a couple cont. tricks I understand that once you get to a point, you could go on pretty much indefintly. You will remember the huge backlash against powertricks in the previous few years. I.suks Indexspin 8.0 is an, oh that's neat, but it isn't the driving force of pen spinning anymore. It seems like most people care more about, artistry, difficult linkages, and creativity. People like snow continue to evolve pen spinning, people don't grovel over sunrise and try to beat his record because we have grown to appreciate new aspects of pen spinning. It's still impressive, but in the past. :)

16. Mats
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 17:01:48

shoeman6 wrote: We've gotten to a point where the skill level is such that its almost trivial how many you can do. Now that spinners can literally do hundreds of cont. power tricks without dropping, and probably more,
    I kind of half agree with you overall, but this I don't agree with. If you did cont. pun kan x20 or something like that, I'm sure that really does matter, people would care and I also disagree that spinners can do literally hundreds of power tricks. I think a lot of spinners can't.

17. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 17:07:53

*shrugs* Just look at who has been selected as top 10 All these people have changed pen spinning. I don't think it's that pen spinners can't it's just that they don't care to. I could probably sit down and do hundreds of cont. baks or cont. bak 1.5's, but that doesn't really sound interesting. If someone filmed x20 Punkan, I would say damn! that's a lot of punkans wow!. But it wouldn't spur a new generation of punkanners the way peem inspired people to learn how to do power tricks. It just isn't a huge influence in the current climate of pen spinning. I think most people would be perfectly happy to be able to do a few punkans consistently and leave it at that. The focus of tricks now is how they can be used in linkages and combos, It's been shaped and changed by great pen spinners like Peem and Supawit, who showed us that you CAN have consistency to a moot point, thus, much of the alure is gone.

18. taichi1082
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 17:10:42

shoeman6 wrote: I think the reason no one has ever come close or beaten sunrise in the past few years is because we no longer spin "pencils" on a regular basis,
    I disagree. He is not even that good with a pencil check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRVeDBv-lpA#t=0m51s Also his "record" only still stands because you seem to define it so specific (only this pencil counts). There are countless spinners who've done more rotations.

19. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 17:14:03

Ah, I've never seen a higher TS rotation, anyways he was great for his time. Just wanted to point out there are benefits to spinning lighter mods.

20. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 18:46:38

1) [B]Spinnerpeem[/B] Peem is a monster, the impact of peem in 2009 makes F2F in 2012 look like a joke, if he filmed a combo today there's a good chance he'd be recognized as the world's best spinner 2) [B]Supawit127[/B] Best spinner best on combos today, but peem was better when they were spinning together at the same time. 3) [B]Fratleym[/B] Considered the best spinner in the world by many in 2007, along with Cloud Traveller. Arguably best technical and creative spinner until peem invented power tricks in 2009. 4) [B]Key3[/B] Very little explanation needed, some of the best linkages ever made. There is unlikely to be another Key3. 5) [B]S777[/B] Superhard tricks and lovely style, plus creativity, until later this year still officially the best spinner in the world. 6) [B]Bonkura[/B] Overrated due to his death, but possibly the most appealing spinning style ever with massive amounts of creativity. 7) [B]VicGotGame[/B] Most balanced spinner in the world across all judgement categories. 8) [B]a13x[/B] Currently has the highest difficulty rating in the world. 9) [B]Fel2Fram[/B] Currently has the highest creativity rating in the world. 10) [B]Menowa*[/B] Spiderspin -> FL TA, Advanced Spiderspin, high technical skills and nice presentation.

21. Yaemgo
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 18:56:23

It's funny how people think what fel do is "creative" but don't realize that actually doing it is just as difficult as a Peem or Supa combo. Maybe if more people tried to actually understand what he does instead of saying "wtf lol" and complaining about his angle or whatever, it could help. And then, you say s777 has "superhard tricks", even me who is a s777 fanboy I wouldn't say that.

22. SA1
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 19:57:19

I like Baaron, Baonkura, s777, toro, hash, raimo, mind, those are just the spinners I like though... :p

23. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 21:50:00

Yaemgo wrote: It's funny how people think what fel do is "creative" but don't realize that actually doing it is just as difficult as a Peem or Supa combo. Maybe if more people tried to actually understand what he does instead of saying "wtf lol" and complaining about his angle or whatever, it could help. And then, you say s777 has "superhard tricks", even me who is a s777 fanboy I wouldn't say that.
    It's creative but not as difficult as peem doing 5x punkan and inventing most power trick combos. I've been into more detail on his combos than most people, I know what I'm saying, his difficulty is not as high as i.suk or a13x. s777 had many superhard tricks, he could do ridiculius amounts of busts at the time of peem, huge midbak 1.5 and pinkybak 1.5 in the times when they were super pro, bakfall 3.5 WTF, inverse busts before they were really recognised and his well known inverse pinkybak cont.. More common to us 2 years on, but he was always ontop with crazy difficult stuff.

24. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Mar 26 2013 23:35:57

shoeman6 wrote: Ah, I've never seen a higher TS rotation, anyways he was great for his time. Just wanted to point out there are benefits to spinning lighter mods.
    there's a JEB guy who filmed TS 23.0 a while back

25. taichi1082
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 00:31:37

i.suk wrote: there's a JEB guy who filmed TS 23.0 a while back
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeFY6X244Bo#t=3m40s

26. Wenh4mm
    Date: Sun, Mar 31 2013 16:44:48

1-HAL 2-Mind 3-Ocha 4-Cloud 5-Precel They are not the best but they are my favorites

27. Solar
    Date: Mon, Apr 1 2013 01:39:29

1. supawit 2. s777 3. vicgotgame 4. menowa 5. a13x 6. peem 7. snow 8. ivabra 9. mondps 10. yamaguchi LoL XD

28. Escorpio123
    Date: Mon, Apr 1 2013 20:54:44

[COLOR="red"][B]SpinnerPeem[/B][/COLOR] Power, power and power. The best in power in my book and make a huge impact with this Style :thumb:. [COLOR="red"][B]Supawit127 [/B][/COLOR]Smoothness here. [COLOR="red"][B]VicGotGame [/B][/COLOR]Creativity and linkages are here. [COLOR="blue"]S777 Fel2Fram Bonkura[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"][B]A13X [/B][/COLOR]Love it. Always impressed me with his Scores :O. [COLOR="red"][B]i.Suk[/B][/COLOR] He improved way too much over the years. And too many variations of Power Tricks. [COLOR="red"][B]SUNRISE[/B][/COLOR], He motivated me to do TA tricks, I won't ever forget him :clap:, His thumbspin 15.5 is legendary, execution is wonderful. :applaud: [COLOR="red"][B]Eriror[/B][/COLOR]. Execution and Smoothness here. [COLOR="red"][B]Kam,[/B][/COLOR] revolutionized PS 4EVER, still new linkages and creativity when it comes to Modeling as well, as well as creating tricks. [COLOR="red"][B]David Weis[/B][/COLOR] is a legend in pencil. @Walkaz I think u mentioned 4 or a couple of your favorite penspinners there ^_^.

29. Impulse
    Date: Mon, Apr 1 2013 22:10:40

So almost all of you forgot raimo, toro, RiAsON, SEVEN, kUzu, Ayatori, RYO, pyralux, NIKoo, Mesi, coco_A, Key_3, ponkotu, eban, Fire@Fox.... Those are the worlds best spinners, each and every one of them shaped the international penspinning scene. There is nearly not a single one of todays 'world elite' who could touch them. a13x, isuk, menowa, snow... they all are very good, but those spinners are simply another tier (as well as s777, supawit, eriror, maybe fel, and some other old schoolers).

30. sparking
    Date: Mon, Apr 1 2013 22:20:55

search for: woojung Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. .______________________. if you ask who the top active spinners are, i wouldn't know who to choose i'd probably go with mesi, f2f, eriror, supawit, baaron and i.suk ^_______________^

31. Ivabra
    Date: Mon, Apr 1 2013 22:25:18

Fel, Peem, Bonkura, KTH, Seven, Eriror, s777, Kuzu, Supawit, Fratleym That should approximatively be it, maybe not in that particular order (sun)

32. Gisele 8
    Date: Tue, Apr 2 2013 02:42:32

"raimo, toro, RiAsON, SEVEN, kUzu, Ayatori, RYO, pyralux, NIKoo, Mesi, coco_A, Key_3, ponkotu, eban, Fire@Fox.... Those are the worlds best spinners" none of them except RYO brought any single trick, visual effect or inspiration in my spin. These have from the most appreciated styles of all. But (xcept fire@fox now) their overall trick skills are kinda low...nothing of best. Appreciated or innovative for many, instead. well, not many ppl impressed me during all ps-history, and doing a "best style" or "most skilled" top 10 is a pointless,changing and neverending discussion so my top 10 will instead be the most unique, shocking, daring spinning styles i've seen acid dna darcy angmaramyon fun-death fel2fram baimai toryal skonix nekura banz peem thats 11. oh well