UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hello, I'm Shotty

1. Shotty
    Date: Sun, Mar 24 2013 16:13:37

I would like to say that I'm not new to pen spinning, but am new to any pen spinning forums. I thought myself the thumbaround and the charge. I had no idea there were pen spinning tutorials or forums at that. I just discovered it in my boredom during school a little less than a year ago. I'm looking to increase what I know and to get materials I need. I have only thought myself a sonic in the day I was here, now I'm working on trying to get a simple fingerpass down, but can't get my pinky. My index finger grabs it instead of my pinky. Any tips? Thank you all

2. LighT*
    Date: Sun, Mar 24 2013 16:21:18

Shotty wrote: I would like to say that I'm not new to pen spinning, but am new to any pen spinning forums. I thought myself the thumbaround and the charge. I had no idea there were pen spinning tutorials or forums at that. I just discovered it in my boredom during school a little less than a year ago. I'm looking to increase what I know and to get materials I need. I have only thought myself a sonic in the day I was here, now I'm working on trying to get a simple fingerpass down, but can't get my pinky. My index finger grabs it instead of my pinky. Any tips? Thank you all
    Well, its nice to meet you ^^. Im raiz, WELCOME TO UPSB! if theres anything you need help with at anytime please ask me and ill be more than happy to help you (please, dont hesitate, its what im here for :D!). I hope you enjoy your stay at UPSB! and now to awnser your question, and yes, just keep doing it slowly, keep repiing the pass out and force the pen as much as you can so you can grab it with your pinky. one day you will wake up after much practice and you will get it. As every one here says, practice practice practice! I hope this helped, if you have anything else to ask, again, please ask me!

3. speedylu
    Date: Sun, Mar 24 2013 16:31:53

Welcome to UPSB!! there are lots of great spinners where you can learn from :D, like my friend Raiz!

4. Shotty
    Date: Sun, Mar 24 2013 16:36:39

Thanks for your hospitality. I won't forget to ask you if I have any questions. You seem very knowledgeable. Thanks for the tips, and I know that practice bit a lot. Practice is probably the key.

5. LighT*
    Date: Sun, Mar 24 2013 16:45:49

Shotty;253199]Thanks for your hospitality. I won't forget to ask you if I have any questions. You seem very knowledgeable. Thanks for the tips, and I know that practice bit a lot. Practice is probably the key.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=speedylu wrote: Welcome to UPSB!! there are lots of great spinners where you can learn from :D, like my friend Raiz!
    Aww thanks speedy, and no prob shotty its what im here for :D! and yes, practice is always the key, it is why pros are pros :D!

6. Shiftyei
    Date: Sun, Mar 24 2013 17:07:53

Welcome =) And keep at the fingerpass, it took me a good month or two to nail down the fluency =)

7. Shotty
    Date: Sun, Mar 24 2013 18:28:16

Shiftyei wrote: Welcome =) And keep at the fingerpass, it took me a good month or two to nail down the fluency =)
    Do you think it would be a good idea to work on another trick while I learn the fingerpass? If so, what should be my next trick after all the fundamentals?

8. Dreamer
    Date: Sun, Mar 24 2013 18:43:13

:welcome: Welcome to UPSB!

Shotty wrote: Do you think it would be a good idea to work on another trick while I learn the fingerpass? If so, what should be my next trick after all the fundamentals?
    Working on another trick helps a lot, but try not to work on too many tricks at the same time. If you didn't work on the fundamental reverses I recommend doing so. If you already know them I suggest you work on tricks like shadow, fingerless thumbaround and its reverse, arounds, and hybrid tricks like the twisted sonic. You can also follow this: http://www.upsb.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=6500 @shoeman6 it still gives an idea on what tricks to learn

9. Shotty
    Date: Sun, Mar 24 2013 19:04:43

Tiger wrote: :welcome: Welcome to UPSB! Working on another trick helps a lot, but try not to work on too many tricks at the same time. If you didn't work on the fundamental reverses I recommend doing so. If you already know them I suggest you work on tricks like shadow, fingerless thumbaround and its reverse, arounds, and hybrid tricks like the twisted sonic. You can also follow this: http://www.upsb.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=6500
    Alright, thank you very much. I will see what I've got to do

10. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Mar 24 2013 19:06:12

To be fair, that diagram is really outdated :welcome:

11. Enkronidus
    Date: Sun, Mar 24 2013 20:12:26

:welcome:

12. Giotto
    Date: Sun, Mar 24 2013 23:52:10

Welcome to upsb^_^ :welcome:

13. Kiiro
    Date: Mon, Mar 25 2013 00:15:24

:welcome2:

14. Heckload
    Date: Mon, Mar 25 2013 01:19:39

Hey dude welcome UPSB there are lots of great and friendly people who can help you!

15. DioBrando
    Date: Mon, Mar 25 2013 09:24:46

whale cum

16. Tommy
    Date: Mon, Mar 25 2013 10:19:19

dick sperm

17. [TGN]
    Date: Mon, Mar 25 2013 12:19:25

:welcome2: to UPSB :)

18. Mats
    Date: Mon, Mar 25 2013 13:56:10

Shotty wrote: Do you think it would be a good idea to work on another trick while I learn the fingerpass?
    Definitely!
    If so, what should be my next trick after all the fundamentals?
    I would suggest taking a look at any of the following tricks/hybrids: The reverses of the fundamentals. Indexaround Twisted Sonic Thumbspin Fingerless Thumbaround Inverse Sonic Infinity Normal

19. Shotty
    Date: Mon, Mar 25 2013 14:06:04

Thank you everyone for the help! @Mats thanks for the list. I will get to it.

20. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 03:50:37

if you still need more ideas I'm doing a video tutorial series for March. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=14411&highlight=march+tutorial+series Check it out :)

21. Shotty
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 05:44:17

shoeman6 wrote: if you still need more ideas I'm doing a video tutorial series for March. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=14411&highlight=march+tutorial+series Check it out :)
    I will watch it even if I don't need ideas. I like seeing how everybody views things themselves. Some people point out tips that others don't. I also improve on tricks as I watch them being performed. I won't hesitate, and thanks.