UPSB v4

Off-topic / Treasure

1. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Mar 20 2013 06:13:15

If you guys haven't heard about this a guy named Forest Fenn has hidden ~1million in treasure somewhere and left this poem as a clue: As I have gone alone in there And with my treasures bold, I can keep my secret where, And hint of riches new and old. Begin it where warm waters halt And take it in the canyon down, Not far, but too far to walk. Put in below the home of Brown. From there it's no place for the meek, The end is ever drawing nigh; There'll be no paddle up your creek, Just heavy loads and water high. If you've been wise and found the blaze, Look quickly down, your quest to cease, But tarry scant with marvel gaze, Just take the chest and go in peace. So why is it that I must go And leave my trove for all to seek? The answers I already know, I've done it tired and now I'm weak. So hear me all and listen good, Your effort will be worth the cold. If you are brave and in the wood I give you title to the gold. ---------------- Is it just me or does this sound like a sewer, or like a septic tank or something. "As I have gone alone in there" ^ a bathroom. "Begin it where warm waters halt And take it in the canyon down, Not far, but too far to walk. Put in below the home of Brown." ^ all of this "From there it's no place for the meek, The end is ever drawing nigh; There'll be no paddle up your creek, Just heavy loads and water high." ^ all of this again "Your effort will be worth the cold. If you are brave and in the wood" ^ again. Any other theories? :)

2. Xitra
    Date: Wed, Mar 20 2013 06:41:57

"Multimillionaire Forrest Fenn, 82, of New Mexico, has come up with a novel way to get Americans outside and enjoying the natural splendor of the mountains north of Santa Fe." .. I have a theory! @shoeman6 I can guess its somewhere in/near the north of this place in new mexico called santa fe..... "Put in below the home of Brown." Find a place where there is a brown house.. WOODEN HOUSE! i guess "If you are brave and in the wood" Woods? O_O Forest? Yes I am on google maps The North of Santa Fe has two forests near it... The closer one would be Santa Fe Natural Forest? "From there it's no place for the meek, The end is ever drawing nigh; There'll be no paddle up your creek, Just heavy loads and water high." Waterfall? IDK. Water? Pond? River?? o.o "The end is ever drawing nigh" suggests that you will get closer and closer from this point. The brown house could be near. No place for the meek suggests that its hard to get pass or whatsoever. "If you've been wise and found the blaze, Look quickly down, your quest to cease, But tarry scant with marvel gaze, Just take the chest and go in peace." Marvel Gaze? Scenery? I guess a place with nice scenery to look at Look quickly down? Maybe in the floor of the wooden house... The quest ceases here, i guess. :D "So hear me all and listen good, Your effort will be worth the cold. If you are brave and in the wood I give you title to the gold." Been in the wood? This MIGHT confirm the fact that the treasure is in a wooden house. Brave is derived from you being able to go through the though obstacles from "From there it’s no place for the meek, " Cold could suggest some contact with cold water .. again.. pond? river? WATERFALL? Ice cap on mountain? Thats my thinking ^^ Took alot of brain power. Sorry if my explanation is weird i am not so good with english :3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I guess its somewhere here... (To be revealed) SO far I think I am quite close to the area.. (Google mapping :D) I can tell you I got some idea of this place called.. Santa F......De....K.. I got the area narrowed down to about 75,000 km squared. I COULD BE VERY WRONG THOUGH.. :)

3. Tommy
    Date: Wed, Mar 20 2013 06:55:16

i asked my librarian, he said it's a specific place.... thats all he said, but i think im getting trolled

4. Quake
    Date: Wed, Mar 20 2013 11:19:41

Admiral Aackbar: Its a Trap!

5. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Mar 20 2013 12:57:31

Hmmm Going off what you said Xitra, maybe it's in or under a beaver lodge? And hint of riches new and old. ^Baby beavers and old beavers? The wood that makes up the den? Begin it where warm waters halt And take it in the canyon down, ^ Maybe there is a creek or water in between the canyon Not far, but too far to walk. Put in below the home of Brown. ^Like you said house made of wood, too far to walk, you gotta swim! ;) The dams stop water from flowing From there it's no place for the meek, The end is ever drawing nigh; There'll be no paddle up your creek, Just heavy loads and water high. ^ not so sure about this one. If you've been wise and found the blaze, Look quickly down, your quest to cease, But tarry scant with marvel gaze, Just take the chest and go in peace. ^Always talking about down, maybe there is a used flare -> blaze? If it was under water you wouldn't want to stick around too long or youd suffocate / run our of oxygen So why is it that I must go And leave my trove for all to seek? The answers I already know, I've done it tired and now I'm weak. So hear me all and listen good, Your effort will be worth the cold. ^Basically get outside! If you are brave and in the wood ^Again, if youre out around nature! I give you title to the gold.

6. Demetrius
    Date: Wed, Mar 20 2013 19:50:13

"So why is it that I must go And leave my trove for all to seek?" is he killing himself, and why not give the money to his relatives? o.O haha this is only for people in the U.S.

7. ChainBreak
    Date: Wed, Mar 20 2013 20:57:26

Bet there's a treasure chest and inside you'll find a piece of paper, trollface printed on it and caption ''You mad bro?''

8. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Mar 20 2013 21:03:16

sounds like an ARG...

9. King
    Date: Thu, Mar 21 2013 04:43:32

Jokes on you guys, the treasure is actually 1 million dollars in RAPE

10. Xitra
    Date: Thu, Mar 21 2013 04:52:33

King wrote: Jokes on you guys, the treasure is actually 1 million dollars in RAPE
    What is RAPE currency? O_O

11. King
    Date: Thu, Mar 21 2013 05:00:07

Xitra wrote: What is RAPE currency? O_O
    Give me your address and ill show you ;)

12. Xitra
    Date: Thu, Mar 21 2013 05:12:25

King wrote: Give me your address and ill show you ;)
    No its ok ._.