UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hello

1. Cstarnes35
    Date: Mon, Mar 18 2013 19:42:26

Hey guys my name is cstarnes35! I just recently started officially pen spinning a bit over a week ago (3/10/13), although I have been doing the thumbaround for almost two years now. I'm amazed at how oblivious I was of this entire sport and also quite surprised that it isn't a popular thing in my area (eastern USA). I've already learned all the fundamentals and a few other things such as the twisted sonic. I can't wait to further my skills and learn some cool combos to occupy my hands during class. Can't wait to meet people here and learn EVERYTHING about pen spinning 😃

2. Cstarnes35
    Date: Mon, Mar 18 2013 19:45:14

Also I use a double capped rsvp with a grip inside the back one for added weight. Any recommendations for a good mod (Preferably around $10 or less) or new tricks to learn?

3. astronaut
    Date: Mon, Mar 18 2013 20:27:02

Eastern USA, are you in Pennsylvania cause if you are then we might be able to meet. Great job in learning all fundamentals and twisted sonic in just one week. Lastly, you can buy pens for spinning at penwish.com. A RSVP with 2 caps and grip in each cap is a pretty creative mod for someone of your experience level. The pens I recommend you buy off penwish are a metallic comssa and a RSVP MX. Hope I helped.

4. Quake
    Date: Mon, Mar 18 2013 20:58:24

Wait for raiz to welcome you. lol On another note, welcome to to the Board. See you around!~

5. Cstarnes35
    Date: Mon, Mar 18 2013 21:54:02

Nah sorry I'm a bit farther south haha. North Carolina. I have been looking at the comssa but i really like the rounded caps of my pen, if only the ends were a bit heavier, and i don't think i would like the MX because it has different ends, but i may be wrong there. But yes the penwish.com definitely helps, so thanks a lot!

6. Cstarnes35
    Date: Mon, Mar 18 2013 21:54:42

What do you mean wait for raiz to welcome me? Thanks I really enjoy it!

7. speedylu
    Date: Mon, Mar 18 2013 22:30:46

Cstarnes35 wrote: What do you mean wait for raiz to welcome me? Thanks I really enjoy it!
    Raiz is this awesome guy on UPSB who always welcomes new members. btw WELCOME TO UPSB!! :D

8. Cstarnes35
    Date: Mon, Mar 18 2013 23:00:23

Haha should I be expecting him sometime soon? Is this like a UPSB rite of passage to be welcomed by him? Haha 😁

9. LighT*
    Date: Mon, Mar 18 2013 23:00:31

speedylu;252274]Raiz is this awesome guy on UPSB who always welcomes new members. btw WELCOME TO UPSB!! :D[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Quake wrote: Wait for raiz to welcome you. lol On another note, welcome to to the Board. See you around!~
    XD aww thanks giess *blushing*. anywho, *ahem*! hey there, WELCOME TO UPSB! mt name is raiz, if you have any questions about anything at any time please ask me and ill help you ASAP (dont hesitate to ask, its what im here for ^^!) i hope you enjoy your stay at UPSB! And to awnser your question, use a bictory, heres how to make it ^^! :http://www.upsb.info/wiki/index.php?title=BICtory hoped this helped! Again, any more questions, please dont feel hesitant to ask me :D!

10. fang
    Date: Mon, Mar 18 2013 23:45:01

Welcome! ^_^

11. Xitra
    Date: Tue, Mar 19 2013 01:57:05

Welcome to UPSB!

12. Quake
    Date: Tue, Mar 19 2013 05:35:16

Lol i meant something completely different, but whatever. xD

13. Cstarnes35
    Date: Tue, Mar 19 2013 15:07:24

Haha sorry 😝what were you saying?

14. astronaut
    Date: Tue, Mar 19 2013 20:33:40

@Cstarnes35 The purpose of a RSVP MX is to be a difficult mod to spin. It is light, single-sided, unbalanced, and the caps can crack easily since there is no grip on the outside protecting them. Heavy pens are a no for beginners says this video by a guy who also makes tutorials. There are plenty of pen spinners on this board who believe people can spin whatever they want with no remorse, but personally I think beginners should spin light pens and heavy pens are for more advanced spinners. Also, alot of the heavier pens are $15 or more which you may not be willing to spend just yet. The bad news is I don't know of any other pen spinner in North Carolina.:'(

15. Tommy
    Date: Tue, Mar 19 2013 20:46:02

welcome

16. Giotto
    Date: Tue, Mar 19 2013 23:45:43

Welcome to upsb. :welcome2: