UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Pure Graphite Pencils for Pen Modding?

1. NanoHologuise
    Date: Fri, Mar 15 2013 01:43:38

So, my friend uses pure graphite pencils for art, that is, a stick of pure graphite, covered in plastic and molded into pencil shape (no wood). These have quite a nice weight to them, and I'm wondering if anyone has used them or if the are any good. E.G. here. Thanks :spin:

2. Ecnunn
    Date: Fri, Mar 15 2013 02:52:14

i haven't used them but i would assume that it would be like trying to mod with any regular wooden pencil, besides the weight. I guess if ur a good modder u can turn it into something good. Also, i'm not sure about it's durability, but i'm just gonna say that make sure it is thick enough graphite so that it doesn't just break when dropped heavily/repeatedly like normal graphite

3. fang
    Date: Fri, Mar 15 2013 08:34:44

I don't think spinning would be a option with those things. I got a few of them at home (for art) but spinning is not really a thing because they break easy. 1 or 2 drops and you have to get a new one!

4. Reason
    Date: Fri, Mar 15 2013 10:35:34

i agree with fang. i have used them before... they are just kinda like a heavy stick. they break way too easy. if anything, you could maybe use them for weights, but i still think that would be a little impractical and wasteful.

5. Mats
    Date: Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:06:58

fang wrote: I don't think spinning would be a option with those things. I got a few of them at home (for art) but spinning is not really a thing because they break easy. 1 or 2 drops and you have to get a new one!
    Just make sure you never drop it. ;)

6. NanoHologuise
    Date: Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:11:28

Ok, I was just wondering. Thanks :D