UPSB v4

General Discussion / Bonkura's Death

1. Kiiro
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 02:32:53

We all, or most of us know, that unfortunately, Bonkura passed away in 2007. He died due to an unexpected heart failure. The cause of the heart failure is unknown but I just had a thought today, Could he have had Marfans Syndrome? His finger dexterity is a sign or symptom of Marfans Syndrome so I just thought I'd share this. He was also a pretty skinny guy, another sign of Marfans.

2. Mystic
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 02:41:20

I think this has been brought up before.

3. LighT*
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 02:51:38

do some reaserch. just remember, dont use the reaserch (sucsessful or not) to get veiws, popularity etc, not saying you will but, he changed spinning forever and he is kind of like a role model to the psing community, communities over the world. it would be immoral. not saying you would do this but, i just want to mke sure. and, thats very interesting hope you find out ^^!

4. Tigres
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 03:36:26

i say we do a cv to pray for bonkura:D

5. funnky
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 04:11:10

i say we all just spin that pen by ur desk.

6. Escorpio123
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 04:22:59

We could do something nice like a CV yes :thumb:.

7. Mats
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 04:50:21

Tigres wrote: i say we do a cv to pray for bonkura:D
    Praying never helped anyone. I'm sure what Bonkura would have liked to have seen most is great improvement in technical and creative pen spinning. If you really want to do a tribute to him, become an innovative and technically skilled spinner.

8. Xitra
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 08:07:56

Tigres wrote: i say we do a cv to pray for bonkura:D
    You willing to organize here? I would join :D Is finger dexterity a symptom of marfans? O_o I didn't read about finger dexerity linking to marfans syndrome. I am quite sure it is LENGTH of fingers ^^

9. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 08:15:20

Mats wrote: [B]Praying never helped anyone.[/B] I'm sure what Bonkura would have liked to have seen most is great improvement in technical and creative pen spinning. If you really want to do a tribute to him, become an innovative and technically skilled spinner.
    There are some theists on this board you know, and it's not nice to hear you bashing our beliefs... Anyways, there have already been CVs for bonkura, but if you wanna organize one, go ahead.

10. Reason
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 10:19:05

im honestly a little curious about his death myself, but i think you should still respect his family when doing this. He certainly was an inspiration to all pen spinners, but i dont think we should pry into how he died... it is really an unimportant factor.

11. XYZaki
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 13:04:12

It was established a looooooooooooooong time ago that Bonkura had Marfan's.

12. gollumsk8
    Date: Fri, Mar 15 2013 16:12:06

Bonkura didn't have marfan's syndrome. he wished that penspinning get bigger in the world i think penspinning is going in a right direction right now and he would have been happy to see it. best way to pray/honor bonkura is to spin & keep spinning ^_^

13. Twine
    Date: Fri, Mar 15 2013 19:31:04

Marfan syndrome (also called Marfan's syndrome) is a genetic disorder of the connective tissue. People with Marfan tend to be unusually tall, with long limbs and long, thin fingers. ..... Marfan syndrome has a range of expressions, from mild to severe. The most serious complications are defects of the heart valves and aorta.
    I'm pretty sure he did have this @gollumsk8 Also at everyone, there at ten million threads in which things like this were discussed. I'm not saying it a horrible sin to bring this up again but you can find most of the information you guys are speculating about in other past threads. Seriously, just google "Bonkura death".

14. Enkronidus
    Date: Fri, Mar 15 2013 19:46:26

It's just an old news that everyone knows. No necessity in creating a new thread =/

15. Kiiro
    Date: Fri, Mar 15 2013 20:07:12

I haven't seen a thread about how he died yet :0 And when you google it, all the websites say his heart failure was unknown and I'm just sharing what I think might've caused his death and wanted to know if anyone knew more about it.

16. gollumsk8
    Date: Sat, Mar 16 2013 01:31:04

Twine wrote: I'm pretty sure he did have this @gollumsk8 Also at everyone, there at ten million threads in which things like this were discussed. I'm not saying it a horrible sin to bring this up again but you can find most of the information you guys are speculating about in other past threads. Seriously, just google "Bonkura death".
    you are pretty sure but i'm 100% sure ^_^ if you want to talk about bonkura, there's a lot of things to talk about, LOT of his combo are still amazing today. he probably don't want us to talk about how he died but more how he spinned http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iN_3sKTSBU he basically created powertricks :P

17. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Mar 20 2013 13:15:34

gollumsk8 wrote: Bonkura didn't have marfan's syndrome.
    ah k. Where did you get references from? Like im not doubting you, I just want to know how you knew this.

18. gollumsk8
    Date: Fri, Mar 22 2013 14:21:32

CrasH who knows lot of japanese penspinner (went to japanese tournament in 2008) was a good friend of Bonkura & Kunekune (bonkura's neighbor), i've met CrasH IRL few times and he told me that: Bonkura didn't have mafran's syndrome. Bonkura's familly wanted to be discrete so PSAJ/jeb repected that and they didn't asked more information

19. Solar
    Date: Fri, Mar 29 2013 09:29:15

we should really respect a great spinner's privacy

20. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Mar 29 2013 09:57:46

Xitra wrote: You willing to organize here? I would join :D Is finger dexterity a symptom of marfans? O_o I didn't read about finger dexerity linking to marfans syndrome. I am quite sure it is LENGTH of fingers ^^
    Marfan does affect finger dexterity and length, as it affects connective tissue, which is just about everywhere.