UPSB v4

General Discussion / Pen Spinning Idleness

1. shAdowz
    Date: Sat, Feb 23 2013 10:59:22

Why do I suddenly feel like pen spinning is not that exciting anymore? Although I don't want to quit, I don't spin more often than before. Also, I learn in a very slow pace. Is there anything that I can do? Or do I just need to spend more time pen spinning? :unsure: PS: I think I'm spending more time at speed cubin g but i'm doing my best to balance my two talents.

2. shoeman6
    Date: Sat, Feb 23 2013 13:09:32

It happens to the best of us. There are times when most spinners go through dip in activity. If I've learned anything from pen spinning so long though, it's that everyone comes back sooner or later. ;) Find something to inspire you to learn more, or if not, there's absolutely no reason not to just take a break from pen spinning. Try changing your mod, or your style. Learn that trick that you always wanted to but was too much effort. Make sure not to lose / sell all your mods so you always have something to come back to. Good luck.

3. EffecT
    Date: Sat, Feb 23 2013 13:50:42

find some videos which inspire u, it will work. it helped most of my spinning life during my newbie days, and could spin till now, reaching 2 years.

4. Mystic
    Date: Sat, Feb 23 2013 15:23:59

Yeah, i went through a dip for over 2 years. And here i am, i came back cuz i was reinspired by watching some ps videos and because i missed ps overall. Basically, you just have to find inspiration to spin!

5. Enkronidus
    Date: Mon, Feb 25 2013 16:40:44

The modern PS world is no longer my fantasy. When someone mentions PS, the first picture that pops up in my mind is what it was 3 years ago. 2008-2010 were the best years of my life. So right now I do yoyoing. Not that I would stop PS though

6. Mystic
    Date: Mon, Feb 25 2013 16:45:32

Enkronidus wrote: 3 years ago. 2008-2010 were the best years of my life
    Me too! I miss those good days!

7. spenpinner
    Date: Mon, Feb 25 2013 17:44:52

I found that most people quit something because they do not have a clear goal to work at and someday achieve.

8. Solar
    Date: Tue, Feb 26 2013 12:54:09

just remember what ktrinh said , practice, patient, and most of all, persistence. try to imagine what would be the effect after years when you're still spinning, and when you're not :)

9. Materia
    Date: Sun, Mar 3 2013 18:43:32

Yeah, I'm sort of having that problem too. I spin in school all the time, but I haven't leaned a new trick in a couple months now. Just find an inspiration like the comments above, I'm trying to do that now. :)

10. cusabio1
    Date: Wed, Mar 6 2013 08:19:26

Hello! I think learning trick that you always wanted to but was too much effort. Make sure not to lose / sell all your mods so you always have something to come back to. Good luck.

11. Eternity
    Date: Sun, Mar 10 2013 03:19:38

Just taking a break is fine - it's what I did. There's no reason not to take a break, so just stop for a while? You'll come back to it eventually, just take a rest from PS and modding and everything, then come back unintentionally/when you feel like it :D

12. shAdowz
    Date: Tue, Oct 15 2013 07:35:34

Thanks for the advice guys. But it seems my problem became bigger, since I wanted to learn guitar and programming additionally. lolol. But I'll try to get inspired to PS again. PS: I still spin actually. Perfecting spreads.