UPSB v4

Board Help / How put image/videos (not links)

1. Solar
    Date: Sat, Feb 23 2013 07:18:52

I was just wondering why every time i click the (insert image or insert video) button, i always end up with that "enter URL" .so, how do you do that posting where you will see the image/video automatically on the thread itself? :stupid:

2. Quake
    Date: Sat, Feb 23 2013 07:51:14

if you are taking the photo from the internet, then you need to copy the URL of the picture. After that, paste it in the box with the space stating "enter URL." Same thing for videos. Feel free to ask if you need more help.

3. Solar
    Date: Sat, Feb 23 2013 09:10:11

no, i mean, i dont want to post url's on threads , i want something like you can view the image without clicking the link, nahhh, really hard to explain.

4. Quake
    Date: Sat, Feb 23 2013 09:22:57

@Solar If you mean like this : [video=youtube;gT2iQpQ5gqs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gT2iQpQ5gqs[/video] Then what you have to do is copy the link of the page that has the video/photo on it. So what i did is I went to my youtube video and copied the URL. After that I went to a post on UPSB and clicked "Insert Video." Upon clicking it, it said to paste the URL. So I took the video URL that I had previously copied and pasted it in the box and pressed ok. Then I submitted it. If you need to see if you did it right, click preview post first. EDIT: Mods, please ignore that I just posted a collab here. Im just using it as an example and this was the easiest way to explain.

5. JackyMacky
    Date: Tue, Feb 26 2013 21:53:32

Omg @Solar pls.....This is how you do it. After you click the icon square with the tree in it / the film strip icon you see a dialog that asks you for direct link. Assuming that you are using photobucket, you click the DIRECT LINK. Not the link on top of the browser. Copy and paste that into the dialog. For video links on the other hand, all you need is the Youtube link on top of the browser. C'mon Solar....use you head and read the directions. :)