UPSB v4

Battlezone / Tigres vs. SuperVValrus

1. Tigres
    Date: Tue, Feb 19 2013 07:28:56

battle again express edition SuperVValrus: [video=youtube;e7opuGGZjlo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7opuGGZjlo&[/video] Tigres [video=youtube;XSjWaBl0rVA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSjWaBl0rVA[/video]

2. DioBrando
    Date: Tue, Feb 19 2013 08:05:50

creativity +1 super walrus

3. Solar
    Date: Tue, Feb 19 2013 08:34:00

really hard to decide , but still, superVValrus finisher :)

4. EffecT
    Date: Tue, Feb 19 2013 08:43:20

+1 for supervvalrus. he has more creativity

5. knightling29
    Date: Tue, Feb 19 2013 09:07:54

Idk probably voting for tigres... I like his style :)

6. Tommy
    Date: Tue, Feb 19 2013 11:27:17

+1 Tigres Tigres displayes better originiality and style. I dislike supervvalrus's spinning due to repeating links many times He has repeated his not so impressive 1p2h link many times. In addition to that. Supervvalrus is overall a spinner that reapeats linkages. It would be alright if his style was abit more developed. But until than tigres wins for me. Tigres displays alot more difficulty imo. A symbak- palmspin - swivel is a simple finisher. Unless you attempt tigres's linkages than you will understand how hard it can be. Just to break it down Supervvalrus Tigres Recycles links Better style Predictable combo Better difficulty Better originality Winner imo. tigres. Sorry supervvalrus if I seem abit bias but this is my oppinion

7. Pixels
    Date: Tue, Feb 19 2013 11:46:21

+1 Tigres. I dont think i even need to explain why I think its obvious. Is it just me or i dont see any sense of creativity in superwalrus. Tigres had a repeated linkage in the same combo.

8. Reason
    Date: Tue, Feb 19 2013 14:29:29

obviously supervvalrus has astounding smoothness and good control, but his links were not really that complicated. tigres has a more developed style and decent smothness, but i dont think he had a better variety of links. i guess i understand where people are coming from if they say that supervvalrus loses because he is recycling links, but seriously, i thought that battles were just based on the videos that the two people submit... not on their entire history of videos. to me it seems kind of obvious that supervvalrus wins this. yeah i think that vvalrus should work more on creativity and style though. also, i simply love tigre's style, but you should try to work on some more complicated links too.

9. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Feb 19 2013 14:51:20

SuperVValrus gets no points for creativity from me, that is half of a key3 trick and you even recorded a video on it before. Links wise I've seen them before, mostly simple pass and sonic links, around links are severely lacking. Finisher is flashy but also not very difficult: Symbak -> Palmspin 0.5 -> Swivel -> 0.5 Pinkybust ~ FL TA 0.5 (Seriously, I could do this on my first try) SuperVValrus score: Difficulty: 2/5 Execution: 5/5 Creativity: 1/5 Presentation: 3.5/5 Total: 11.5/20 Tigres, your links are more diverse and difficult (Direction changes and arounds performed well), but they are not exceptionally difficult, you could do with more difficult ones utilising PD arounds, topspins, FL arounds or wipers. Same goes for SuperVValrus but he needs to learn around links properly first. Style is more appealing than SuperVValrus but your finisher needs improvement, just like SuperVValrus. Tigres score: Difficulty: 3/5 Execution: 5/5 Creativity: 2/5 (Gained the point for more unusual links Presentation: 4/5 (GET A STATIC CAMERA) Total: 14/20 Winner: [B]Tigres[/B]

10. spinner362
    Date: Tue, Feb 19 2013 22:35:48

This is kinda hard for me. Super is really smooth and so is Tigres. Both finishers could've been better, but Super's was a little more flashy. I'm going with Super on this one because he also had a little more wow factor in his combo (wipers, finisher, cobra bite)

11. Obstracized
    Date: Thu, Feb 21 2013 14:43:00

SuperVValrus: Execution: 8/10 Creativity: 4/10 Difficulty: 6/10 Appeal: 7/10 Total: [B]25/40[/B] Tigres: Execution: 8/10 Creativity: 5/10 Difficulty: 7/10 Appeal: 8/10 Total: [B]28/40[/B] Winner: Tigres. Sorry Eurocracy, copied your Judging Style. :P

12. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Feb 21 2013 15:28:07

both great combos.

13. The Doctor Dokins
    Date: Thu, Feb 21 2013 15:34:16

I voted for SuperVValrus because of the smoothnest and the great finishing. Both great combos but my vote will go for valrus. :)

14. HobbyLogics
    Date: Thu, Feb 21 2013 15:55:25

2 very popular people on UPSB obviously get more activity than Tigres vs another random spinner that not many people know (cough cough me), but also because this thread was posted after mine. Oh well. I vote for tigres on this battle. Not out of bias though :P

15. Khelthy
    Date: Fri, Feb 22 2013 05:01:14

+1 SuperVValrus Maybe his combos are a bit simpler than Tigres's, but to me, having not seen anything by tigres before, it looks like he doesnt really care about looking good, he just pulls of harder tricks to look more advanced. SuperVValrus on the other hand, brings out the whole artistic aspect of pen spinning, and makes it look almost like magic, and something hes been doing for a long time. Point goes to Super for the smoothness and dat finisher