UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / Christopher Dorner Thread

1. Quake
    Date: Fri, Feb 15 2013 10:05:20

Hey Guys. I created this thread to talk about Christopher Dorner, conspiracies, and all that jazz. If you don't know who Christopher Dorner is, allow me to explain. Basically Christopher Dorner was a man who wanted to be a cop his whole life. He enlisted in the military and served for awhile. Upon getting out, he became an LAPD police officer. However in 2008 I believe, he was dishonorably discharged from duty. Apparently, it seems he told on his senior officer who supposedly used excessive force on a schizophrenic. When he filed the report, the police stated that his report was false, and he was dishonorably discharged. Long Story Short: He went rogue, and decided that he would begin to kill LAPD officers unless they came clean about the dishonorable and messed up activities going on within the police force,(planting drugs, using unnecessary force, etc.) However, he decided that he would go after their families as well to make them suffer. (e.g. wife, kids, etc) According to Dorner, the LAPD "took his life away from him" and he was simply doing the same. Anyways, he was found later in Big Bear and was supposedly killed when the cabin he was set ablaze during the firefight between Dorner and the LAPD/SWAT. According to the LAPD, they found a charred body with Dorner's drivers license. However they could not tell if the body was his or not until later. Other facts: The Higher-ups of the LAPD are the same people who were around during the LA Riots, specifically the ones who beat Rodney King. Despite supposedly finding Dorner's I.D. on his charred remains, his drivers license and wallet were found a week prior when he attempted to flee to Mexico. Dorner had never had a previous criminal record, and was always "the good guy." He even got all his weapons legally. He was also for Gun Control. A woman who was driving the same model of car that Dorner was driving was shot and killed by the police by accident because they thought Dorner was in the car. Despite his "death," the manhunt is still ongoing. Dorner's manifesto can be read online. Everything is explained here. Anyways, just wonder what you guys think. A lot of people I have talked to actually believed and backed up what he was doing. Not in terms of killing people, but in terms of exposing the police department and its ugly secrets. Thus, some people view him as a hero, others as a villain. I don't know everything about him, so If i got some facts wrong, my apologies. However I do believe most of my stuff is accurate. If you need some sort of visual aid, watch the 2009 film Law Abiding Citizen. Awkwardly enough, its pretty much the basic idea. Anyways, give me your thoughts.

2. 20%
    Date: Fri, Feb 15 2013 10:13:28

hooo scary. what gull this guy has or had

3. Raos
    Date: Fri, Feb 15 2013 14:28:06

His body was identified positively through dental autopsy, therefore he is dead. Personally I think that Dorner is a good guy but does not deserve the treatment he gets and I too think his actions were to rash. Even if you are a good guy but you act rash against the law, you will be seen as a threat and will be persecuted. Now being said, the police are doing investigations to clear the case where another cop abused a person. Also, there was a $1 million reward too. No one decided to whom but they should give it in donut boxes filled with 1 dollar bill origami pigs.

4. Demetrius
    Date: Fri, Feb 15 2013 20:54:07

I think he could have just taken some action, but in a less violent way of doing it, IMO, he could have gone to the state courts for this.

5. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Sat, Feb 16 2013 02:52:18

my thought. the LAPD was afraid that he gonna spill something out so they kill him. I read that he stole a car from this gentlement and he didn't even try to harm him. He just simply ask him to leave the car. But he killed police officer. There are clearly a reason why he did it. I won't say it's a good reason but he has a reason. You can tell cause LAPD tried using the DRONER to find this guy. He must have something to make them freaked out. AND he sent the package to Anderson Cooper. I wonder what's in the DVD. A mentally ill person wouldn't go thru all that, i believe he was trying to alert ppl about the police and he did. THE 2 asian women that was shot is the evidence that Police is giving too much power and abuse their power. Overall, not all police are bad but some of them are and it getting worse since we american are about to lose our 2nd amendment right....

6. Tentcell
    Date: Sat, Feb 16 2013 04:35:43

GeeGeeGee wrote: my thought. the LAPD was afraid that he gonna spill something out so they kill him. I read that he stole a car from this gentlement and he didn't even try to harm him. He just simply ask him to leave the car. But he killed police officer. There are clearly a reason why he did it. I won't say it's a good reason but he has a reason. You can tell cause LAPD tried using the DRONER to find this guy. He must have something to make them freaked out. AND he sent the package to Anderson Cooper. I wonder what's in the DVD. A mentally ill person wouldn't go thru all that, i believe he was trying to alert ppl about the police and he did. THE 2 asian women that was shot is the evidence that Police is giving too much power and abuse their power. Overall, not all police are bad but some of them are and it getting worse since we american are about to lose our 2nd amendment right....
    Just because he sent a video to Anderson Cooper doesn't mean he is not mentally ill. There is a movie (can be found on netflix) called "Zero Day" and it is videos that the Columbine Shooters made of themselves leading up to the day where they preformed the mass shooting that occurred at Columbine High School. These kids put all of these videos in a safety deposit box for Wolf Blitzer and various other big news reporters to receive them after there shooting went down. If those kids were not mentally ill, I don't know what is then. I think when he was dishonorably discharged, he simply just snapped. He had done everything right in his life, was considered the "good guy" and was not prepared for failure of this magnitude.

7. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Sat, Feb 16 2013 13:28:19

Tentcell wrote: Just because he sent a video to Anderson Cooper doesn't mean he is not mentally ill. There is a movie (can be found on netflix) called "Zero Day" and it is videos that the Columbine Shooters made of themselves leading up to the day where they preformed the mass shooting that occurred at Columbine High School. These kids put all of these videos in a safety deposit box for Wolf Blitzer and various other big news reporters to receive them after there shooting went down. If those kids were not mentally ill, I don't know what is then. I think when he was dishonorably discharged, he simply just snapped. He had done everything right in his life, was considered the "good guy" and was not prepared for failure of this magnitude.
    you think a mentally ill person would go thru ALL this and kill ONLY cops? he was Accused of killing those ppl, not even trial yet and the cops already decided to kill him. DON'T believe me? watch it on youtube where they discuss to burn him down. this is just my opinion. :]

8. Fuse
    Date: Wed, Feb 20 2013 01:31:53

I'm assuming the allegations about him are true (murdering people and whatnot). Chris Dorner was a bad guy that killed people. The LAPD isn't filled with angels though, there are bad people in it as well. Is it impossible to not like either party? The guy didn't like what the LAPD did and, assuming they are corrupt, I agree. He shouldn't have taken his anger out by killing people though. Sure, I could make wild accusations and assumptions (The LAPD framed him, he's innocent, he was fired unfairly), but my opinion is just based on the facts at hand.