UPSB v4

General Discussion / World Tournament 2013 - Round 1 - Results OUT!

1. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 04:10:00

http://worldps.org/wt13/?p=59 xls: http://worldps.org/wt13/files/r1/r1results.xls details: http://worldps.org/wt13/files/r1/

2. Enkronidus
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 04:16:09

Kinda sad about my group, I wanted Darkinhex to go on. =/ At least Eriror made it, that's awesome. PS. Definitely not THPSC's year this year

3. Escorpio123
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 04:17:17

Yes :woop:. Eriror got in :D. i.suk thebloodgod Go guys lol

4. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 04:17:38

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

5. Enkronidus
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 04:24:55

Is it possible to know the ranking/score of people who didn't make it? I'm just curious

6. LightSpinner
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 04:26:28

glhf to all the guys still in the running!

7. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 04:32:53

Enkronidus wrote: Is it possible to know the ranking/score of people who didn't make it? I'm just curious
    its included in the document above

8. coffeelucky
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 04:48:38

I see PPP judges vote for #3 A13x and #5 Alex lol

9. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 04:50:59

yea they messed up, i emailed them about it

10. Twine
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 05:15:38

lol unlucky THPSC.

11. neoknux_009
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 05:22:55

Haha. It was fun i guess for me. Im happy a lot of upsb got through. Rooting for the ausssies as well. (:

12. Twine
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 05:43:37

neoknux_009 wrote: Haha. It was fun i guess for me. Im happy a lot of upsb got through. Rooting for the ausssies as well. (:
    You just got a really tough group man :/

13. bio8
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 06:11:25

oh....where Talko? Zuo? Enigma? i very surprised...

14. coffeelucky
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 06:16:49

I just seen that PPSC judge vote me in rank #1 Who's this guy and what he see in my video lol.

15. Gland
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 06:37:12

bio8 wrote: oh....where Talko? Zuo? Enigma? i very surprised...
    surprised Yaemgo, Darkinhex & Migi didn't make it tho

16. EffecT
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 07:02:16

alva, i.suk, eriror are in yay

17. Smile[FPSB]
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 07:08:00

Wow, too bad for Talco, I really did want to see more by him.

18. taichi1082
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 07:28:56

impulse out Judges this year are beyond retarded (this just in, taichi in his biased opinion complains about judges)

19. Elune
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 07:30:13

I.suk vs Eriror ? well somehow it reminds me of Supawit vs Nz last year

20. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 08:35:58

Not happy at all with the results. Some of the judging was just..... I mean fel2fram and i.suk didnt win their groups? WTF Their combos were 2 of the best combos ever

21. Ivabra
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 09:14:23

I'm disappointed for Talco, that group had only 4 spots for at least 7 great spinners ... Some surprising results too, Fel2fram second of his group ... Lol Anyway I'm happy to be first of group D, and I'm happy 3 spinners from Advanced Direction did it to the second round :) Good luck to everyone, predictions coming soon.

22. MondPs
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 09:44:38

Xound is in!! goodluck!!

23. Migi
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 09:47:43

Sorry but some of those results are just ridiculous.

24. BigBadRossi
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:15:19

I have no words for this. Migi and Impulse out...

25. Drake.Shan
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:36:41

insane r2 matchup

26. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:38:16

Since there are 4 criterias, this give a total grade over 20 (/20).
    http://worldps.org/wt13/files/wt13.pdf
    VPC JUDGE RANKING IN ORDER OF PLACEMENT Ex: In group A, Gollumsk8 is 1st,Talco is 6th A Xound Execution : 5 Difficulty : 5 Creativity : 4 Originality : 5 Presentation : 5 Total : 24/25

27. Ccw
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:43:04

where's kipple...

28. Enkronidus
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:47:58

There has been conflicts every year during WTs/WCs but this year seems to be the most hilarious

29. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:50:37

[QUOTE=--Everyone, every single year--]There has been conflicts every year during WTs/WCs but this year seems to be the most hilarious[/QUOTE] ~

30. Sekai
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 11:23:22

haha, yea, funny, now where are the results

31. SoundKOR
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 11:49:08

See you next year All KPSA's member failed round1 T.T kipple, hansol, tose will go to the army next year or this year

32. ChainBreak
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 12:08:55

:wtf: results

33. Impulse
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 13:09:17

Srsly, why do you keep this system? Every community sending some judges is beyond ridiculous, the consequence is the majority of the judges are incompetent as fuck. I mean PPP - Gland: 20/20 A13X: 19/20 (are you FUCKING kidding me?)

34. Marvin
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 13:38:43

Sorry for PPP judges, they are probably retarded. Whe're going fix it in next rounds.

35. Ivabra
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 14:10:45

Sorry for PPP judges, they are probably retarded.
    I lol'd I feel sorry for Migi, but I think you should try a different angle and another background (your desk for example). I think this made your presentation less good, you're too far from the camera. Your spin is really really good with a great control & execution though, so don't be disappointed, I think you deserved to be in the top 4 but as I said earlier this group was unbalanced with the others... About the judges and all this shit, first I want to underline the fact that it's not Zombo's fault, that's important to agree about that. I think the system should be changed, I don't know how but maybe we should elect 5 judges that are as good as Zombo at judging (he's imo the one that provides the best predictions every year, we can't deny it.). If we keep this system with all the communities voting, there should be new rules, for instance if a judge from BPSC is late, all the belgian spinners get a penalty, and this penalty get bigger as the belgian's judgements are late. Of course a new system need to be agreed by a huge part of the spinners worldwide... but I don't think the current system is fair, we need some change

36. XiaoD
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 14:22:40

If we keep this system with all the communities voting, there should be new rules, for instance if a judge from BPSC is late, all the belgian spinners get a penalty, and this penalty get bigger as the belgian's judgements are late.
    I think this is one of the worst things you could do. Its not the participants fault if the judge doesnt submit the results in time, therefore the spinners should not get a penalty because of a judge. The best thing you could do is to find 3-5 dedicated judges that judge every combo and explain their results in textform. People like Zombo and taichi have great insight into penspinning and as far as I am concerned were always objective. The problem with this approach is that it would take a lot of effort from the judges, but I think overall we would end up with better results.

37. Ivabra
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 14:30:32

XiaoD wrote: I think this is one of the worst things you could do. Its not the participants fault if the judge doesnt submit the results in time, therefore the spinners should not get a penalty because of a judge. The best thing you could do is to find 3-5 dedicated judges that judge every combo and explain their results in textform. People like Zombo and taichi have great insight into penspinning and as far as I am concerned were always objective. The problem with this approach is that it would take a lot of effort from the judges, but I think overall we would end up with better results.
    That's exactly why this idea should work. The fact that their spinners get a penalty would make them aware of the deadlines, since they don't want their spinner to be penalized for something they didn't do. Judges don't care about the deadline cause they are actually not obliged to do it. We need a reason to force them to send their judgements in time, and this is a good reason imo.

38. VikroaL
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 14:31:41

XiaoD wrote: I think this is one of the worst things you could do. Its not the participants fault if the judge doesnt submit the results in time, therefore the spinners should not get a penalty because of a judge. The best thing you could do is to find 3-5 dedicated judges that judge every combo and explain their results in textform. People like Zombo and taichi have great insight into penspinning and as far as I am concerned were always objective. The problem with this approach is that it would take a lot of effort from the judges, but I think overall we would end up with better results.
    Yes, this should be perfect. The big thing is that when it comes to reality, judges are not dedicated enough and shit happens. I thought about suggesting a penalty system as well -obviously it's not the spinners' fault, but this way the communities would make sure they choose proper judges and not only people who judging videos as if it was their first time seeing someone spin a pen. For everything else,

39. Migi
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 14:41:49

@Ivabra At first-thanks :D But I don´t complain about that I didn´t reach second round but there are some obvious mistakes, for example Talco. No offense but there where judges they gave him 5/5 or 4,5/5 in execution. That is no like or no like fact in that way, that´s just false and not fair. He had many mistakes in his execution, it doesn´t matter how hard his linkages were. Or Gland, how Impulse already said, how could he get 20/20. He had this one really cool linkage, few cool linkages but execution mistakes, too. How can a judge decide to give him full points, what means that it was the best combo of the round? That are only two examples, you could count much more. Are there jugdes they know penspinning for only 6 months, or they have no idea about what they do? Sorry but in some cases it seems so.

40. Dakrowl
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 14:51:46

If the judge is late then his name will be revealed and he will face the music :bananalama:

41. Lekunga
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 15:13:25

I don't know what to say.

42. Walkaz
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 15:33:11

i loled at ppp's judging

43. Vstrike
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 16:07:39

Fascyo not in - i cried Still sad that judges dont know shit about penspinning :(

44. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 17:31:54

:applaud: Some of these judges are way off the mark... sure there are maybe contentions that could be viewed either way, but a few of these make me wonder if the judges even watched the submissions. :mellow: Edit: Comments should be mandatory, so we at least understand why a judge scores the way heshe does.

45. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 21:32:17

Migi wrote: Are there jugdes they know penspinning for only 6 months, or they have no idea about what they do? Sorry but in some cases it seems so.
    If they were any better, they would be in the competition, not watching it. Ideal judges should be retired elite spinners, but usually those people don't have time to judge.

46. Migi
    Date: Mon, Feb 11 2013 23:36:07

Zombo wrote: If they were any better, they would be in the competition, not watching it.
    That musn´t be an argument. I don´t think that referees are only referees (in football for example) because they were too bad to play in a high class football team. Neverthless there are many good referees they aren´t able to play football but they´re great referees. It´s only harder to find them here but I think every board has at least 5 spinners they don´t have WT skills but they´re able to judge.

47. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Feb 12 2013 00:24:51

Migi wrote: That musn´t be an argument. I don´t think that referees are only referees (in football for example) because they were too bad to play in a high class football team. Neverthless there are many good referees they aren´t able to play football but they´re great referees. It´s only harder to find them here but I think every board has at least 5 spinners they don´t have WT skills but they´re able to judge.
    in other sports, referees are trained because they must memorize a rulebook and make decisions quickly. this is a skill which is different from actual playing. in pen spinning, judging is not in real time so the skill of judging is is overlapping with actual pen spinning. the only thing we can do right now is to test the judges, make sure they understand the rulebook, which is not that complicated really.

48. Pari
    Date: Tue, Feb 12 2013 10:38:10

Impulse wrote: Srsly, why do you keep this system? Every community sending some judges is beyond ridiculous, the consequence is the majority of the judges are incompetent as fuck. I mean PPP - Gland: 20/20 A13X: 19/20 (are you FUCKING kidding me?)
    You can't compare results from two different groups! The most important judgement is inside groups. We compare penspinners inside groups, not with every each.

49. Impulse
    Date: Tue, Feb 12 2013 14:03:16

Pari wrote: You can't compare results from two different groups! The most important judgement is inside groups. We compare penspinners inside groups, not with every each.
    Ok. PPP Judging Group C: MHL 20/20, mind 19/20. Srsly?

50. Walkaz
    Date: Tue, Feb 12 2013 14:07:13

at least chlsps is not included in top 6

51. Pari
    Date: Tue, Feb 12 2013 15:50:10

Impulse wrote: Ok. PPP Judging Group C: MHL 20/20, mind 19/20. Srsly?
    I know that 20/20 is exaggerated. Apart from that. Is order in this group wrong? 1 MHL 2 daimo 3 mind 4 K.A

52. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Tue, Feb 12 2013 16:08:08

Pari wrote: I know that 20/20 is exaggerated. Apart from that. Is order in this group wrong? 1 MHL 2 daimo 3 mind 4 K.A
    In my opinion, it was: 1. mind 2. daimo 3. MHL 4. iota/der dane Anything after the top 3 is close though.

53. Sponge
    Date: Wed, Feb 13 2013 01:40:53

Urghhh, guys, what are you doing, I'm crying ;_; This has been the strangest WT in terms of judging for me so far and it just began. 8( Anyways, I don't need to mention the strange judgings in some groups anymore...The people before me said everything. I don't think you should be able to get full points THAT easily, because this would be...a perfect combo. And none of the combos were perfect, at least as far as I can remember. What is a perfect combo anyway hahaha =D And...I wish I could think of a miracle-solution for this judge problem, because it just keeps getting worse and there will always be people complaining and stuff....but well, I guess I can't. =D After seeing this judging I'm not sure how far I could've gone lol ...To those guys who are still in there: Good luck!